or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › November 2012 Rockstar Mamas!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

November 2012 Rockstar Mamas! - Page 3

post #41 of 254

Oh man, akind1, that would piss me off to no end! I love football and I would be so excited to go to a pro game, there's no way I would want to miss a single minute! And why do the aunts want to go to the party anyways? Are they going to help with the kids? Or just stand on the side and watch? Ugh, that would make me mad.

 

Baby_Cakes, I think your method is a good plan. Just step back, no need for a big "I'm not talking to you anymore" thing.  I'm happy to hear that your friend got the TOL but honestly, that scares the crap out of me. All that labor and still have to recover from a c-section. Yikes! But it sounds like it restored some confidence in her body so that's good.

 

MW, any update on the sitter situation for the Ball?

 

Look at this bag I found! http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Booger-Kiddie-Play-Back/dp/B002C1AXMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352764571&sr=8-1&keywords=sugarbooger+backpack Pretty sure that is one of Ava's christmas presents, I just need to decide on the pattern!

post #42 of 254
Thread Starter 

OMG that backpack is adorable!  The pirate one is perfect for Finn!  OMG!!!  

 

re - labor plus section - hell yes.  She was exhausted and saying that she was having a slow recovery, and I was like - DUDE.  You just had the worst of both worlds, PLEASE give yourself more time!!  

I can't wait to go visit her.  I'm hoping this week or next.

post #43 of 254
no ball. dh didn't get a ticket for ethan so i am refusing to go now. i'm not going to leave ethan heartbroken because his dad can be an ass.

kat ~ glad you got the socks and the ball. took me forever to get it mailed. sorry about that.

annie ~ those bags are adorable. i'm partial to the love and peace and dinosaur ones.
post #44 of 254
Thread Starter 

Where is everybody?  Busy?  

 

I got a lot done today.  Cleaned up, did dishes, wiped down the bathroom, threw in a load of diapers, went out to lunch with my friend and her DD/DS, came home and put the baby down for nap (and fell asleep for a little bit with him), ran on the treadmill, watched Dr Who while working out.  AHHHH.  I'm SITTING right now and computer-ing.  LOL!  I have like 45 min til I have to go get Nora from school so I'm going to just relax!!

 

Not much else going on with me!

 

JJ did you figure out work stuff yet?

post #45 of 254

I didnt' have much to say, LOL. you know, work. potty training (sucks - we have had no pees in the potty and 1 on the carpet today) more work, diaper laundry, baby poops (she has had 4 today! 4! not diarrhea, just soft, ploppable/peelable poos) I am 23 + 6 with a very active, active baby.

 

You had a productive day! hooray for down time!

post #46 of 254
Not much going on here. DH has the day off, sort of, so he's been home all day. We've just been hanging out, cleaning a little. He's been in the kitchen making food. It's rainy here, which always slows me down a bit.

Oh, and I'm working on some knitted things to donate to a non-profit so they can auction them to raise money to get their non-profit status, if that makes any sense.
post #47 of 254

Hi everyone,

 

I have been looking for an active group of Moms on MDC for a while now and I went searching and found this group and it looks pretty active.

I will start by introducing myself. :-)

My name is Annie but everyone calls me Ann. I am 33 years young (I turn 34 in December!) I am a mama of two boys. Michael is 10 and Edward (Eddie) was born on December 31st, 2011 and is 10 months old. I was born & raised in The Netherlands, Europe. Moved to America 11 and a half years years ago where I met Mike, got married and have been for the past 11 years. We fell hard and quick, got married and had babies. lol!

Right now we live in Phoenix, AZ but hope to move up north in the near future.

 

I'm a stay at home mom and loving it, but sometimes I miss working outside of the home.

 

I love baking, cooking, DYI projects, camping, singing, dancing, reading (when I actually get to), sleeping, watching movies or tv, spending time with the family, meeting other moms for playdates etc.

 

When the baby is older I would like to go back to college and become a Lactation Consultant. :-)

 

Sorry for the novel. It will take me a while to memorize everyone by name so please be patient since my brain has been mush since I gave birth. lol!!!

 

Can't wait to get to know everyone. I already know one of you. Hi Jenine!!! :-)

 

P.S. Excuse my grammar as English is not my first language. ;-)

post #48 of 254
Welcome, Annie. We'll have to come up with a nickname for you since you will now make the 3rd Annie in this group. winky.gif Maybe EM, short for your screen name?
post #49 of 254

EM sounds good to me!!!! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Welcome, Annie. We'll have to come up with a nickname for you since you will now make the 3rd Annie in this group. winky.gif Maybe EM, short for your screen name?
post #50 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Where is everybody?  Busy?  

 

Trying to keep my child from driving me insane. I know that her frustration right now is because she's on the verge of another developmental milestone but she's seriously about to push me over the edge! She wants to do everything that she can't do. She's got this weird fascination with the freezer right now. So she flips out until I pick her up and then she flips out until I walk in the kitchen with her and then she flips out until I let her open the freezer. Then she wants to take stuff out, not because she wants to eat it, she just wants to take crap out of the freezer! So then I tell her no and put her down and she falls out in the kitchen floor. Also she refuses to sign milk so she'll just fuss until I take her in the kitchen and then she'll point to the bottle rack. I keep saying "Ava, you want milk?" and signing milk but she just looks at me. She's bored with her toys but I don't have the time when she's not with me to put away those things and pull out new stuff and so it's just this vicious cycle. I finally pulled out Tinker Toys this morning and a stepstool and that kept her entertained for about 15 minutes.

 

Welcome EuroMama!

post #51 of 254
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroMama View Post

Hi everyone,

 

I have been looking for an active group of Moms on MDC for a while now and I went searching and found this group and it looks pretty active.

I will start by introducing myself. :-)

My name is Annie but everyone calls me Ann. I am 33 years young (I turn 34 in December!) I am a mama of two boys. Michael is 10 and Edward (Eddie) was born on December 31st, 2011 and is 10 months old. I was born & raised in The Netherlands, Europe. Moved to America 11 and a half years years ago where I met Mike, got married and have been for the past 11 years. We fell hard and quick, got married and had babies. lol!

Right now we live in Phoenix, AZ but hope to move up north in the near future.

 

I'm a stay at home mom and loving it, but sometimes I miss working outside of the home.

 

I love baking, cooking, DYI projects, camping, singing, dancing, reading (when I actually get to), sleeping, watching movies or tv, spending time with the family, meeting other moms for playdates etc.

 

When the baby is older I would like to go back to college and become a Lactation Consultant. :-)

 

Sorry for the novel. It will take me a while to memorize everyone by name so please be patient since my brain has been mush since I gave birth. lol!!!

 

Can't wait to get to know everyone. I already know one of you. Hi Jenine!!! :-)

 

P.S. Excuse my grammar as English is not my first language. ;-)

 

 

Welcome EM!  How do you know JJ?  IRL?  I'm actually about to sign up to take a course to become a doula and a lactation counselor.  I can't wait to get started.  I'm not quite sure what I"m waiting for...maybe I feel like somehow I'll have time one day and right now I don't?  Ha!

 

Hugs Lauri!! It's so hard when they want to do stuff but either can't or really aren't allowed.  It's frustrating on so many levels.

 

Kat - yay for an active bubs!

 

I taught Finn today the sign for potty when he poops.  He's running around now shaking his fist in the air yelling "booop! booop!"  hahahah!  This age is so funny!

post #52 of 254

Baby_Cakes- I know her from our MDC Dec '11 DDC! :-)

 

Thank you Annie!


Edited by EuroMama - 11/13/12 at 4:05pm
post #53 of 254
lol.gif Carrie

Annie ~ I'm going through the same thing with Dylan. Several times a day he flops himself on the floor and cries because he can't do something that he wants to do.

Ethan is going to the ball with DH. They went out a bought a suit tonight. I think most of you have already seen the photo on Facebook. He's so funny. He hung his suit up in a particular way in the closet. He's so very particular.
post #54 of 254

Carrie - I am the same way. I have so many plans but I always say that I don't have the time, which I do. Lol

 

I just read about you having to let a friend go and I am so sorry. :( I understand the feeling though. Its like a grieving process.

I recently had to make the choice for myself to let my SIL go. I still have to see her during family gatherings, but I don't text, call, etc anymore because (long story) of her lying too much. Its hard. But, sometimes we have to let someone go so we can live toxic free.

There is this quote that I really love:

 

There are things we don't want to happen but have to accept.
Things we don't want to know but have to learn.
And people we can't live without but have to let go.

 

 

 

My 10 month old is just now eating dinner with us (other than boob) and its so much fun (sarcasm) cleaning this stuff up. 

He won't let me feed him, he must do it himself, which I am grateful for, but I HATE cleaning his highchair. He will get food in corners I didn't know existed.

Glad the dogs clean the floors though. lol! 

 

Ok, first day here and I already rambled too much. :-)

post #55 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroMama View Post

Carrie - I am the same way. I have so many plans but I always say that I don't have the time, which I do. Lol

I just read about you having to let a friend go and I am so sorry. greensad.gif I understand the feeling though. Its like a grieving process.
I recently had to make the choice for myself to let my SIL go. I still have to see her during family gatherings, but I don't text, call, etc anymore because (long story) of her lying too much. Its hard. But, sometimes we have to let someone go so we can live toxic free.
There is this quote that I really love:

There are things we don't want to happen but have to accept.
Things we don't want to know but have to learn.
And people we can't live without but have to let go.



My 10 month old is just now eating dinner with us (other than boob) and its so much fun (sarcasm) cleaning this stuff up. 
He won't let me feed him, he must do it himself, which I am grateful for, but I HATE cleaning his highchair. He will get food in corners I didn't know existed.
Glad the dogs clean the floors though. lol! 

Ok, first day here and I already rambled too much. :-)

I agree with all of this.

lol.gif about baby eating. My dh is always digging pieces of food out of nooks and crannies in that highchair. It may be a bit of a cleaning pain for us but it is so much better for the babies to let them feed themselves. I don't know if you've ever tried to sit and feed a baby but that's no fun. I find cleaning up their messes much easier than trying to feed them.

Haha on the rambling. I can ramble and ramble. Your posts are one-liners in comparison. winky.gif
post #56 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post


I agree with all of this.
lol.gif about baby eating. My dh is always digging pieces of food out of nooks and crannies in that highchair. It may be a bit of a cleaning pain for us but it is so much better for the babies to let them feed themselves. I don't know if you've ever tried to sit and feed a baby but that's no fun. I find cleaning up their messes much easier than trying to feed them.
Haha on the rambling. I can ramble and ramble. Your posts are one-liners in comparison. winky.gif

If its really bad I just take the highchair outside and hose it down. lol.gif

 

lol.gif at the one-liners. 

post #57 of 254
Thread Starter 

I'm really feeling a lot better re: the friend stuff.  I feel a sense of relief and a weight lifted off of my shoulders.  We haven't been good friends for each other for a long time now, and I think this is just the culmination of both of us being crappy to each other.  She's always lacked that sensitivity chip that I need in a friend, and apparently I always take my stress out on her.  So.  We'll just go our own ways.  

EM thanks for your words!  So true and helpful.

 

We actually have never had a high chair.  We have a seat that goes on top of a chair that buckles with a tray.  Months ago, I think before Finn was 1, I moved him to a kid size table and chair and man, it's been so much easier since.  He eats way better and makes less mess.  

We also only let babies/kids self feed.  I can't be bothered with feeding them.  If they want to eat, they will. :-)

 

Finn ate so much dinner tonight he didn't nurse to sleep.  I was so confused and a little sad!  He nursed but was wiggly and it was obv to me he was just really full.  I can't space out dinner and bedtime much more tho -- dinner is at 6 or so when DH gets home from work, and bedtime HAS to be around 830 or we'll never get up for school in the am.  So.  He just sort of rolled around in bed with me until he settled, and then rolled over and went to sleep.  Like a big kid.  Sniff sniff!  So not ready for things like this.  

post #58 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I got a lot done today.  Cleaned up, did dishes, wiped down the bathroom, threw in a load of diapers, went out to lunch with my friend and her DD/DS, came home and put the baby down for nap (and fell asleep for a little bit with him), ran on the treadmill, watched Dr Who while working out.  AHHHH.  I'm SITTING right now and computer-ing.  LOL!  I have like 45 min til I have to go get Nora from school so I'm going to just relax!!

 

JJ did you figure out work stuff yet?

Free time!! Whoaaaa!

 

No, I haven't heard, and I'm totally biting my nails wondering. I just need to KNOW so I can move on to the next stage of figuring things out. And I haven't figured out what I'm going to do if they say no, I can only come back full time or not at all. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroMama View Post

Can't wait to get to know everyone. I already know one of you. Hi Jenine!!! :-)

Hello!! Good to see you. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Trying to keep my child from driving me insane. I know that her frustration right now is because she's on the verge of another developmental milestone but she's seriously about to push me over the edge! She wants to do everything that she can't do. She's got this weird fascination with the freezer right now. So she flips out until I pick her up and then she flips out until I walk in the kitchen with her and then she flips out until I let her open the freezer. Then she wants to take stuff out, not because she wants to eat it, she just wants to take crap out of the freezer! So then I tell her no and put her down and she falls out in the kitchen floor. Also she refuses to sign milk so she'll just fuss until I take her in the kitchen and then she'll point to the bottle rack. I keep saying "Ava, you want milk?" and signing milk but she just looks at me. She's bored with her toys but I don't have the time when she's not with me to put away those things and pull out new stuff and so it's just this vicious cycle. I finally pulled out Tinker Toys this morning and a stepstool and that kept her entertained for about 15 minutes.

Ugh! Milestones are both so fantastic and so fantastically crappy at the same time. Tenley's been a lot the same lately, I think she's just on the verge of walking. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Welcome EM!  How do you know JJ?  IRL?  I'm actually about to sign up to take a course to become a doula and a lactation counselor.  I can't wait to get started.  I'm not quite sure what I"m waiting for...maybe I feel like somehow I'll have time one day and right now I don't?  Ha!

I want to become a LLL leader soon (you have to have breastfed for a year first), -if- I'm not working fulltime. If I'm working full time I don't know how I'd be able to attend meetings. I've become really attached to our local group. Longer term, yeah I totally want to go for my IBCLC. From what I've heard it is SO hard though, and pretty expensive. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Ethan is going to the ball with DH. They went out a bought a suit tonight. I think most of you have already seen the photo on Facebook. He's so funny. He hung his suit up in a particular way in the closet. He's so very particular.

Saw the photo. I'm glad her got to go!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroMama View Post

There are things we don't want to happen but have to accept.

Things we don't want to know but have to learn.
And people we can't live without but have to let go.

 

 

 

but I HATE cleaning his highchair. He will get food in corners I didn't know existed.

I like that quote!

 

And YES on the mess. We got a supposedly easy wipe clean high chair. Ummm not so much! Next time, I'm totally buying a cheap Ikea or classic wood one, that has NO nooks and crannies. 

 

 

 

Ok guys... Especially Lauri, because I know you mentioned Ava had a reaction to the dtap-- Tell me about vaccine reactions. Tenley is still SO out of sorts, and both Rob and I admitted we're wondering if it's a response to the vaccine. It's her first shot of dtap-IPV, specifically Adacel. She had a tiny bit of fever the night she got it, but nothing otherwise, that was Friday. Saturday she had that 6 hour stretch (unheard of!!) and then for the rest of the night, was up almost constantly, aggrevated, crying, wanting to nurse, flailing around in the bed, and just generally very unsettled. She didn't have a stretch longer than 45 minutes or so for the rest of the night.

 

Since then, she's been so unsettled and fussy, all day, all night. No long stretches of sleep at night, or during her naps. She's fighting her naps like crazy. During the day, she's just acting off-- she won't focus on any of her toys for long, she'll cry, crawl up to me and flail herself at me, but then not actually nurse or anything, she'll jut want to stretch out and push into me. She won't really cuddle either, like as if she were sick. She's not nursing very long during the day, but also not eating much, though she's drinking tons of water. 

 

She also has by far the worst rash she's ever had- very red, actually bled a bit yesterday, and is now blistering. And, probably unrelated, but she keeps playing with her foot, though we can't find anything wrong with it, and if we touch it, it doesn't seem sensitive. 

 

So.... normal about-to-hit-a-milestone craziness, or should I be worried about vaccine reaction? She just seems so... off. Like yes, she's never been an easy baby, but these last few days again have been so horrible. She's needing constant attention and dedication, and even then, she's not happy. She's sitting right now playing with some play food, and it's the first time since Saturday that she's -really- played nicely on her own. Blah. I don't know what to do. We set up a playdate tomorrow, because I can't be alone with her in a mood like this for another day. It's driving me batty. 

post #59 of 254

I think Ava is working on more teeth (how that's possible, I have no clue) so she's not eating too much again and just drinking a lot of milk. Thankfully, my supply picked up after AF was over so I'm not stressed about meeting her needs. She's also refusing to go in the shower with me now. She wants to pull everything out of the cabinets under the sink. eyesroll.gif I swear, she thinks she's 5 yrs old. I hope she starts talking soon because I think that will bring her frustration level down a notch.

 

I'm in denial that Thanksgiving is next week. We're (me, DH, Ava and MIL) are going to my mom's house Thanksgiving Day. The big kids are with their mom this year since we have them Christmas morning. So thankful I don't have to do all the cooking this year. But I need to check with the kids to see if they expect me to do a Thanksgiving meal over the weekend when they are home. I think I'm going to do Target and TRU Thanksgiving night for the Black Friday sales. Anyone else going out for BF?

post #60 of 254
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

I want to become a LLL leader soon (you have to have breastfed for a year first), -if- I'm not working fulltime. If I'm working full time I don't know how I'd be able to attend meetings. I've become really attached to our local group. Longer term, yeah I totally want to go for my IBCLC. From what I've heard it is SO hard though, and pretty expensive. 

 

 

Ok guys... Especially Lauri, because I know you mentioned Ava had a reaction to the dtap-- Tell me about vaccine reactions. Tenley is still SO out of sorts, and both Rob and I admitted we're wondering if it's a response to the vaccine. It's her first shot of dtap-IPV, specifically Adacel. She had a tiny bit of fever the night she got it, but nothing otherwise, that was Friday. Saturday she had that 6 hour stretch (unheard of!!) and then for the rest of the night, was up almost constantly, aggrevated, crying, wanting to nurse, flailing around in the bed, and just generally very unsettled. She didn't have a stretch longer than 45 minutes or so for the rest of the night.

 

Since then, she's been so unsettled and fussy, all day, all night. No long stretches of sleep at night, or during her naps. She's fighting her naps like crazy. During the day, she's just acting off-- she won't focus on any of her toys for long, she'll cry, crawl up to me and flail herself at me, but then not actually nurse or anything, she'll jut want to stretch out and push into me. She won't really cuddle either, like as if she were sick. She's not nursing very long during the day, but also not eating much, though she's drinking tons of water. 

 

She also has by far the worst rash she's ever had- very red, actually bled a bit yesterday, and is now blistering. And, probably unrelated, but she keeps playing with her foot, though we can't find anything wrong with it, and if we touch it, it doesn't seem sensitive. 

 

So.... normal about-to-hit-a-milestone craziness, or should I be worried about vaccine reaction? She just seems so... off. Like yes, she's never been an easy baby, but these last few days again have been so horrible. She's needing constant attention and dedication, and even then, she's not happy. She's sitting right now playing with some play food, and it's the first time since Saturday that she's -really- played nicely on her own. Blah. I don't know what to do. We set up a playdate tomorrow, because I can't be alone with her in a mood like this for another day. It's driving me batty. 

 

 

Vax stuff first - hugs!  It's totally possible.  They can cause body aches, headaches, fatigue, restlessness.  I bet even if you report it it'll be "within range of normal" reaction, which is BS.  

What I'm doing with the Prevnar is NOT doing another one until Finn can tell us what hurts/what he feels (IF we even do another).  

 

IBCLC is a ton of work and it helps so much to have an RN first.  So if I wanted to go that route, I'd have to go to nursing school which I personally have no desire to do.  LLL would be fun and I think more reasonable to do!  I looked into that at first as well.  I hope you get some sort of plan for work soon.  Limbo is so hard.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › November 2012 Rockstar Mamas!