Nothing going on tho. FewBH contrax but nothing else.... Can I have my baby yet?????!!!
Related Forum Threads
- Birth Plans Last post on 9/30/13 at 12:59pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
Help! Advice for Turning a Breech Baby?
Last edited: 8/7/13
- Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book, The Heart in the WombLast edited: 5/25/13
- 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Labor ConfidenceLast edited: 10/30/12
- How to Have an Empowered Birth; or the Second Longest Post in the...Last edited: 3/7/13
- Why Gloves?Last edited: 4/7/13
Feelin' Birthy--come share your journey to Birth with the symptoms/changes you are experiencing! - Page 4post #61 of 17811/25/12 at 8:11pmpost #62 of 17811/25/12 at 8:20pmQuote:
It hasn't come back in awhile, luckily. I would like for the baby to turn first. I think I also had braxton hicks with the back pain.post #63 of 17811/27/12 at 5:03ampost #64 of 17811/27/12 at 3:21pmI just wrote about it on Facebook, but last night/early this morning there was something going on here...
Back ache, thigh pain and contrax coming every few mins, felt a bit shakey at one point....
Dunno.. It's 10 am now and still getting some twinges (mind you babe is having a disco so that could be it)...
Last night was the first time I have wondered "is this it?"
Even MW left yesterday saying "See you next Tuesday if not before!" (Tuesday being our next appointment)..
Dunno.....post #65 of 17811/27/12 at 8:43pm
So I've been having mild, but respectable contractions all day, more pressure lower down, and cervix is a teensy bit less posterior and definitely 4cm+. The contractions are irregular, but some have lasted upwards of a minute. :) I need some good sleep tonight, so it's good that they're petering out for now. Still getting some cervical twinges from time to time, so they're doing something.
I did go to the mall tonight to get the bra I'm going to wear in labor/the pool. Of course, the store who had it (Motherhood) no longer has a separate retail space right by where I parked, but is part of Macy's, on the entire OPPOSITE side of the mall. So I got a lot of walking in (unintentionally). ;) It definitely made things pick up for a while.post #66 of 17811/28/12 at 6:20ampost #67 of 17811/28/12 at 9:38ampost #68 of 17811/28/12 at 10:17am
I took a long walk yesterday, too - on purpose though ;) Contractions picked up again, and petered out as soon as I got home and had some lunch. I seriously thought maybe a full moon baby, too, but it's not looking good. Although, I have already done a couple loads of laundry, gotten about 6 things crossed off my 'desk list' (stuff I need to handle via email, etc), and am about to clean the whole bottom floor of the house (playroom, bathroom, misc space). So we shall see ;)post #69 of 17811/28/12 at 11:58amFeeling more and more birthy here.
Dilated to 1cm I'm gonna say- I checked myself and this is the first time I could properly get to my cervix. And fit about a finger tip or so...
Slept in the bed last night (have been sleeping on the couch for comfort) and woke up suddenly this morning thinking "gosh I'm uncomfortable cos I slept here!" But no, it was a contraction..
So have been having contrax for an hour now.... Got up, washed my hair (just in case haha) having breakfast now and debating wether or not to rest my little butt off or get cleaning.. There is a LOT of cleaning to be done....
Will keep updatingpost #70 of 17811/28/12 at 12:24pm
Well as I posted on FB, I started having contractions yesterday evening. They were pretty intense in terms of pressure and pinching/pain in my cervix and rectum and sometimes I was having just general aching in my whole pubic/thigh area during contractions. I tried timing them, I wasn't super great at being very accurate, but some were lasting over a minute and coming every 2-3 minutes, but some shorter and 15-20 minutes apart. They were definitely hurting all over my belly, but didn't didn't really take work to get through. I was thinking maybe I'd have a full moon baby! By 10 pm they seemed to space out a bit, so I took some cramp bark & valerian and tried to sleep. Was able to sleep until 1:30 or 2 and then couldn't sleep until after 4. Had a few contractions during that time but just couldn't sleep. I tried more valerian, but this time it didn't work.
Hubby was super cute last night, he was super excited that I might be in labor. I didn't expect that!
This morning, not so much. A few contractions here and there - and I was super nesty for me - I had to finish the sewing projects I started this weekend (see the sewing thread) and then had to clean my sewing room. The cleaning part was really unnecessary... Now, I'm just trying to relax and rest. Maybe I'll take a nap soon.
It would be super ironic to actually have my baby on my due date, LOL.post #71 of 17811/28/12 at 3:20pm
Oh is this getting exciting! My news isn't too 'birthy,' but that's okay, being as I'm at 35w5d today. :) I had an appointment today and finally met the third OB doc in the clinic. I LOVE HIM! I'm so excited and hoping that he'll be on call when we go in. Pretty cool- the nurse I had usually works with the doctor that I don't like and she said to expect an exam being as at 36 weeks they do the GBS check and "we might as well check for any progress while we're at it." So I was glad I prepared myself for a debate, and was very pleasantly surprised when he came in a few minutes later and told me he didn't see the need. And proceeded to say all the points about unecessary exams that I was planning on saying! A bit different from my last appointment where I walked out discouraged as all get out because the other doc wanted to talk about inducing a week early with no real reason.
The signs of birthiness for me have increased: no mucous change yet, but last night I had some more prodromal labor and had my first cervical twinges. Feels like something was happening. If I were to add up the hours of uncomfortable contractions, I'd say maybe 7-8 hours with about 10 minutes apart. Enough to wake me up each one and dose off in between. First time I've felt such twinges, though. So things may be starting!post #72 of 17811/28/12 at 8:42pmThread Starterpost #73 of 17811/28/12 at 11:40pmpost #74 of 17811/29/12 at 7:23amThread Starterpost #75 of 17811/29/12 at 8:02ampost #76 of 17811/29/12 at 8:50amThread Starterpost #77 of 17811/29/12 at 10:39ampost #78 of 17811/29/12 at 8:38pm
Kaliki-Thinking of you mama, hope all is well!
AFM-I am starting to feel like I'm going to drop this baby soon. The bits of mucus I'm losing have some blood (this is how labor started with DD2) and I have a pretty much constant backache, crampiness, and nausea. I also just really have the feeling. I don't think it's going to be tonight, but soon, and definitely before my due date, 12/8. I know predictions are on the other thread, but my bet is on this Sat 12/1/12 and I would be exactly 39 weeks. I'm off to drink some CALM and to take a shower. Hoping for a good night's sleep, DD2 was up quite a bit last night. Since both of my girls were 40+5, I feel a bit worried about an earlier babe. Like if I'm not completely over being pregnant, labor will hurt more.post #79 of 17811/30/12 at 5:37amQuote:
Awww, I'm sure you'll do great mama ! ds was born at 39 on the dot and labor and birth were fine.
I had my first appt in a month (!) and m/w said 1 finger and effaced, and babe seemed good
I was totally ready to have my baby this week, but there's not one painful ctx to be had! I really feel like I have zero birthy signs... EDD will be Monday...
Insomnia and reflux are out. of. control though ...
Thinking of all you mamas! It's amazing only one of our babies is on the outside so far!
Edited by Lilac11 - 12/1/12 at 1:25pmpost #80 of 17812/2/12 at 12:21pmSo I've had some bloody mucus today. Didn't have that with my girls until I was in real labor. Been cleaning and went on a walk and have had cramps and a few scattered contrax. Ill be 39 w tomorrow and its great timing for my mom and childcare helpers so I'm hoping this is it. Trying to nap and then I'll finish decorating our tree.
Anyone else had experience with this and how long it took for real labor to kick in? Both of my girls' labors were long so I'm expecting that again. I'm hoping that this doesn't continue for another week or two but I guess it could. So who knows.
- Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book, The Heart in the Womb
- › Respectful insolence digs into the new CDC autism numbers. 55 seconds ago
- › "Leaving the Anti-Vaccine Movement" 3 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 16 minutes ago
- › Question about csec scar 48 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 3 hours ago
- › The person below me..... 3 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Lots to lose support thread? 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool