There are no signs of toxemia in bloodwork or urine.
The OB leans toward taking it easy at home, trying to keep bp in the 140s, and waiting as long as possible, but he is also open to induction at any time that I feel uncomfortable with this approach.
I'm not dilated or effaced at all, so an induction would probably have to start with cytotec.
I'm torn on what to do. The main risks are stroke or seizure, both of which I'm low risk for right now. Seizure would be more associated with toxemia. Stroke risks, when I look them up, seem very low in my case.
Any advice? Should I keep waiting it out and keeping the bp at the mild hypertension levels? I'm a worrier, so then I wonder if I should go ahead with an induction, for peace of mind.
Both of my previous births were vaginal. First was completely unmedicated. Second involved some pitocin, but no epi. My first choice is all natural childbirth, but I want the healthiest choice for myself and baby.