or Connect
Mothering › Groups › November 2012 Due Date Club › Discussions › Feeling so bored with this wait

Feeling so bored with this wait

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

I'm 2 days before edd, and having a really hard time with this wait.  Anyone else?

 

I'm so tired and feeling almost kinda sick, but not really having any specific symptoms (just general malaise).  It's hard to have the energy to go out or to do anything, but I'm bored to tears.  

 

Now everyday I have these symptoms (cramping, pressure, nausea) that make me think that something is happening, but then they just go away.  

 

Does anyone have any tips for staying sane right now?  I'm feeling like I'm going to lose it eyesroll.gif

post #2 of 23

Yes! I can completely relate, and I am still 8 days away from my due date. I have been feeling this way for a couple of weeks, ever since I started my maternity leave. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad I started it early, but I'm so bored! I feel like I'm just sitting around tapping my fingers and reading into every twinge. I have been crampy for over a week and now I'm constipated all of a sudden on top of it. Ugh!!! My only advice is to try to distract yourself, whether it's watching movies, reading, going for a walk - whatever you feel like doing. Hope it's soon for both of us!

post #3 of 23

I am also due in two days, and yeah, this wait is driving me crazy! If I knew when she was coming it might be different but right now every time I feel ANYthing I'm like, "Maybe this is it!".

post #4 of 23

I was "due" 2 days ago and yeah, totally getting bored over here. Well, maybe bored isn't the word since I've been staying fairly busy. This waiting, waiting, and waiting is just taking too long!

 

Each day the baby feels lower, I get more pressure on my cervix, more BH, and I think Maybe tonight!!! Alas, no. eyesroll.gif At least I got a really good night of sleep last night (you know, "awesome" for a 10 months pregnant woman but not for anyone else!) so I feel energized today. 

 

I just keep wondering how much longer does this baby really need to grow? My first little one came midway through 38 weeks so I'm very close to 2 weeks past his delivery time! 

post #5 of 23

I am 4 days over and honestly I am fine waiting. I am having a bloody show this morning, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm concerned with getting baby in a better position if possible so he can engage before the labor starts. I haven't changed my normal routine really, so that's probably part of why I'm still chill about it. Still teach the girls M-Th (my appts are on Fri so they have to work at home), still trying to get ppl to buy these puppies, still cleaning and cooking and so forth. Energy's lower than it's been overall, trying not to overdo it. I"m re reading books on labor and breast feeding, crocheting Christmas gifts for my nieces, trying to keep the house clean, finishing up on baby quilts and modifying some nursing bras that don't quite hold the girls in, always lots to do!

post #6 of 23

Well, if you're bored, you could TOTALLY overdo it for a day and then feel miserable, just for a change of pace.  :P  Yesterday I decided I'd been going too easy on myself, lying down every time BH hurt, etc.  So I decided to go ahead and go to an early morning church sale, then to a violin recital, then spend the afternoon stretching fence (which involves a lot of kneeling, pulling, getting up again) and made a gourmet casserole to top it all off!  So, this morning I feel like my pubic bones have separated and I can barely hobble around.  Talk about idiotic.  But I must say it's a change.

 

Anyway, now instead of hoping every round of BH is real labor, I'm hoping baby holds off until I can move comfortably again!  I like to move around a lot in labor and can't imagine trying to deal with contractions while pretty much stuck in bed like I am right now!

 

Kateaton, are there any short-term hobby type things you've never had time for before, that you could fit into the next couple of days?  Buy a box of ceramic clay or a canvas and some watercolors if you're arty, or read a book you haven't had time for, or something like that?  I knew some people who made papier mache casts of their bellies in late pregnancy but I'd have to say that would be more fun if I had any pregnant friends...as it is people would probably be offended to be invited to do that!  :)

 

Good luck everyone!

post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendelberry View Post

Well, if you're bored, you could TOTALLY overdo it for a day and then feel miserable, just for a change of pace.  :P  

 

Anyway, now instead of hoping every round of BH is real labor, I'm hoping baby holds off until I can move comfortably again!  I like to move around a lot in labor and can't imagine trying to deal with contractions while pretty much stuck in bed like I am right now!

 

 This is so me.  I love to move around and am ready to just get this over with, but, everything hurts!  

post #8 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendelberry View Post

 

Kateaton, are there any short-term hobby type things you've never had time for before, that you could fit into the next couple of days?  Buy a box of ceramic clay or a canvas and some watercolors if you're arty, or read a book you haven't had time for, or something like that?  I knew some people who made papier mache casts of their bellies in late pregnancy but I'd have to say that would be more fun if I had any pregnant friends...as it is people would probably be offended to be invited to do that!  :)

 

Good luck everyone!

 

Everything that normally interests me seems boring.  I try to start watching a movie and just turn it off b/c I'm not interested.  I cannot find any books that seem interesting right now.  It's such a weird feeling- it's like a mental restlessness.  I think I need to make an effort to try to do some social stuff with friends this week.  I wish I had a preggo friend too, since all I want to talk about is babies!  

post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaton View Post
  It's such a weird feeling- it's like a mental restlessness.

THIS!! Exactly, you hit it on the head.

post #10 of 23

I have gone post dates with 2 of mine and my advice is to just keep going.  Keep up your normal routine, keep yourself busy.  With my 42+ weeker I stopped doing stuff at about 38-39 weeks thinking I would go anytime since it was my second.  Well, those were the hardest 3-4 weeks of my life and I made myself miserable and gained too much weight.  With my 41 weeker I just assumed at least 42 weeks and kept up my normal routine and when she came at 41 it felt like she was early.  This time I am a day away from 39 weeks and I don't expect anything to happen even though for the past 2 days I have had lots and lots of contractions, even some strong ones.  I am just going to keep going.  Tomorrow morning I will get up, eat, go to the pool, come home and school the kids, and do my usual Monday afternoon shopping.  It is the only way to stay sane.

post #11 of 23

I'm 7 days past my "due" date.  My son was born on his due date, and my daughter was born 15 days after her due date... so the scenario that is playing out in my mind is a repeat of dd's birth.  dizzy.gif (28 hours of back labor, heavy blood loss, low blood sugar and fainting...  Although of course that has nothing to do with when I went into labor.)

 

 

Four of the five people I know (besides myself) who were due in November have already had their babies.  And although I'm staying busy like you're supposed to, I'm honestly just ready to be babymooning.  And I'm not excited about the prospect of going in for a lot of non-stress tests and ultrasounds or having to hope that gentle induction methods will work so we don't have to resort to hospital induction.  I know I still have several days left before I would need a hospital induction, but each day I don't have the baby is making me more and more nervous.

 

Meal planning has been one of the worst parts of this.  We've had storebought rotisserie chicken, frozen dinners, and pizza the last few nights -- I don't want to leave dishes in the sink if the baby's going to come overnight.  I just want to start using my freezer stash, but that's for when the baby comes. 

 

My big kids are about as stir-crazy as I am.  And that's driving ME crazy -- soon enough their Grandma will come and they'll be entertained 24/7.... but I just don't have the energy or patience for it right now...

post #12 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurac5 View Post

I'm 7 days past my "due" date.  My son was born on his due date, and my daughter was born 15 days after her due date... so the scenario that is playing out in my mind is a repeat of dd's birth.  dizzy.gif (28 hours of back labor, heavy blood loss, low blood sugar and fainting...  Although of course that has nothing to do with when I went into labor.)

 

 

Four of the five people I know (besides myself) who were due in November have already had their babies.  And although I'm staying busy like you're supposed to, I'm honestly just ready to be babymooning.  And I'm not excited about the prospect of going in for a lot of non-stress tests and ultrasounds or having to hope that gentle induction methods will work so we don't have to resort to hospital induction.  I know I still have several days left before I would need a hospital induction, but each day I don't have the baby is making me more and more nervous.

 

Meal planning has been one of the worst parts of this.  We've had storebought rotisserie chicken, frozen dinners, and pizza the last few nights -- I don't want to leave dishes in the sink if the baby's going to come overnight.  I just want to start using my freezer stash, but that's for when the baby comes. 

 

My big kids are about as stir-crazy as I am.  And that's driving ME crazy -- soon enough their Grandma will come and they'll be entertained 24/7.... but I just don't have the energy or  patience for it right now...

Aw, Hugs Mama.  I hear you- even though my due date is tomorrow.  I had my last dd on her due date too.  So that's kind of messing with my head.  And for some reason, I foolishly thought this one would be a bit early.  

 

My kids are driving me nuts too.  And I'm living every day like it could be the day and keep thinking that I have to get all the laundry, dishes, cleaning done b/c I don't want to come home to a mess.  The mental/emotional part of this is exhausting (along with the physical).  It's truly maddening- waiting for something as huge and life altering as giving birth to a new human being, but not knowing when it's coming.  AHHHHH!

 

Oh, and there is a woman at my church who was due on the 16th and she had her baby on the 9th already.  It's tough to see women due after you have their baby before you.

post #13 of 23

I'm bored out of my mind!  If I could get up and actually *do* something, it would be easier, I think. I'm only 38 weeks but my b.p. is through the roof (ended up in hospital this morning) and I know this balancing act can't go on much longer.  In the meantime, I'm sitting here so freaking bored and anxious about my b.p. (which really helps) and desperately hoping labor will kick in before I end up having to be induced. If I could actually get up and *do* stuff, it would make the wait a lot easier!!

post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaton View Post

Aw, Hugs Mama.  I hear you- even though my due date is tomorrow.  I had my last dd on her due date too.  So that's kind of messing with my head.  And for some reason, I foolishly thought this one would be a bit early.  

 

My kids are driving me nuts too.  And I'm living every day like it could be the day and keep thinking that I have to get all the laundry, dishes, cleaning done b/c I don't want to come home to a mess.  The mental/emotional part of this is exhausting (along with the physical).  It's truly maddening- waiting for something as huge and life altering as giving birth to a new human being, but not knowing when it's coming.  AHHHHH!

 

Oh, and there is a woman at my church who was due on the 16th and she had her baby on the 9th already.  It's tough to see women due after you have their baby before you.

 

YES!!!!  I panic every night after dinner and go on a cleaning spree to make sure the house is ready just in case I go into labor the next day.  I enjoy having a clean house, but the pressure is so much right now!

 

And yeah, both of the women at my church who had their babies already were due after me.  Another of the women, I believe had a later due date also, but she had a preemie last month or earlier, so of course I'm not envying her, but it's still hard to be the lone one waiting this out.

post #15 of 23

Oh I hear you on the baby could come tonight (but I want to use my frozen food!). I am going to make a big thing of chili and bread today so that can feed us for a few days. Hubby will enjoy. And there's burgers and potato salad, oh and tuna salad, in the fridge. I should be good for a few days.

post #16 of 23

I just did a big grocery run and have been cleaning like a bandit the last two days. I feel like she's coming soon. My ctx have gotten a LOT more painful, but they just won't organize. They keep fluxing from an hour down to 5-6 minutes for a little while then 15 to 20 back to an hour and then back down again. I'm fed up. I remember now why I didn't want to have days of labor. I told DH yesterday this is exactly how my labor ctx felt last time, but they just won't stay together. I think I may be in early labor, but then each time I think I might be they space back out again. I'm even reconsidering some natural labor induction methods even though I swore I wouldn't even consider them this time. A person can only take so much of this!!

post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 

Oceans- I hope things happen for you soon.  I had a week of prodromal labor with my first dd (it never let up the entire time, but also never intensified until I got my membranes swept,  several hours after that my water broke and I was in real labor).

 

The phone calls and emails have begun rolling in now.  Honestly, people, I WILL tell you when this baby is here!  I honestly can't wait to shout it from the rooftops and show her picture to anyone I can (as long as uninvited visitors are not showing up at my door).  

post #18 of 23

haha I was joking with another friend on a TTC board. She said she was going to start telling people, "Oh yeah! I had him a week ago, no one told you?"

post #19 of 23

I've never been pregnant this long! lol.gif I am 40+5 today. I have that mental restlessness going on too. I even forgot I had a midwife appointment this afternoon! I hope I go into labor tonight and give birth in the early morning sunshine. That would be lovely and perfect.

 

laurac5 - I am totally doing the cleaning spree thing every night too! orngtongue.gif

 

I want to do some sewing, but I am afraid to get stopped in the middle of a project by labor! duh.gif I made a big pot of delicious chicken soup for dinner and I promised my 4 yo DS that we would bake some peanut butter cookies. Homemade cookies are my preferred labor food. winky.gif

 

OceansEve - I had prodromal labor for a couple days with DC2 and it was maddening! I can only imagine the insanity you're feeling right now! Sending you big hug2.gif, I'm sorry about your guinea pigs. greensad.gif

 

kateaton - My mom stopped by and said my sister was driving her crazy with texts asking if the baby was here yet. I told my mom "Better you than me!". ROTFLMAO.gif

 

I am finally at peace with my to-do list and another painful labor and am just ready to get started having this baby. Who knows? This pregnancy has been so different than my other ones that maybe I'll get lucky and have a precipitous birth this time. smile.gif Not likely, but a girl can dream.

post #20 of 23
Thread Starter 

I watched some youtube videos of women giving birth today.  All I could think was, I have to do THAT again??  I mean it's beautiful and amazing and I had tears in my eyes as these mamas embraced their babies for the first time, but still, seeing that head come out of there was stressing me out.  It's just not fun.   

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2012 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › November 2012 Due Date Club › Discussions › Feeling so bored with this wait