Took the evaluation for my almost 5-yr-old, and he has aspects in each of these categories. Perhaps the most were in the logical-mathematical. Interesting!
Related Forum Threads
- Ipad for homeschooling Last post on Today at 1:26 pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Bridging the Summer Gap? Last post on 5/18/13 at 12:10am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Homeschooling Last post on 5/17/13 at 8:03am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! Last post on Today at 5:03 pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Chapter Books with Diverse Characters for 7 year old Last post on 5/14/13 at 6:05am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Homeschooling Thanksgiving in a Culturally Sensitive Way
Edited on 12/6/12
- Homeschooling with Chronic IllnessEdited on 11/30/12
- Back to School Resources on Mothering.comEdited on 3/8/13
- Member Recommended Homeschooling BlogsEdited on 10/9/12
- The Season of WonderEdited on 5/3/13
Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum Package from Oak Meadow!! - Page 17post #321 of 45211/23/12 at 4:04pmpost #322 of 45211/23/12 at 4:05pmpost #323 of 45211/23/12 at 4:46pmpost #324 of 45211/23/12 at 4:47pmpost #325 of 45211/23/12 at 4:58pmpost #326 of 45211/23/12 at 9:13pmpost #327 of 45211/23/12 at 9:19pmpost #328 of 45211/23/12 at 11:00pmpost #329 of 45211/23/12 at 11:01pmpost #330 of 45211/23/12 at 11:03pmpost #331 of 45211/24/12 at 12:10am
Thank you for the reminder that I like to re-evaluate my children's learning styles often (at least yearly!) We have 6 from 4-14 & each as a few main learning styles that make them unique. Factor in My learning style & Teaching style & it can be either chaos or adventure. Creativity is key!post #332 of 45211/24/12 at 12:18ampost #333 of 45211/24/12 at 12:19ampost #334 of 45211/24/12 at 8:57am
I loved taking this test. Much of it, I already recognized in my boys, but some of it surprised me.
My older, who is 6, is by far a Spatial learner, and didn't score as much in math-logic as I thought he would, though that may be because things like rubiks cubes and logic puzzles I haven't introduced to him yet.
My younger son, 4, was well balance with a very slight emphasis on intrapersonal. I knew he was more balanced, yet independent and stubborn, but I expected him to be more interpersonal because he loves being with other kids.
What a fun little test! Thanks.post #335 of 45211/24/12 at 12:17pm
I did the learning evaluation for my 5year old daughter. I really could've sworn she was kinesthetic, but I guess she's intrapersonal! Thanks for helping me better serve my daughter's educational style :) I hope we get the kindergarten set!post #336 of 45211/24/12 at 12:31pmpost #337 of 45211/24/12 at 12:31pmpost #338 of 45211/24/12 at 12:49pmpost #339 of 45211/24/12 at 12:49pm
It was quite fascinating to see how my older 2 boys would learn best. I also did the evaluation for myself so that I can see how I can mesh our personalities altogether when helping to facilitate learning. Although they are 5 and 4 years old, my older two have definite (and different) approaches to how they learn.
I am a fan of Oak Meadow and Mothering Magazine on Facebook and I have shared the info on this giveaway via FB and e-mail to various friends.
- Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum Package from Oak Meadow!!
- Homeschooling with Chronic Illness
- › Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! 4 minutes ago
- › 32+5 and still no one to catch this baby... 6 minutes ago
- › What Summer Products Do You Love? 7 minutes ago
- › A little preaching to the choir on flu shots and HCP 15 minutes ago
- › BFing and Psych drugs, what do you know? :( 17 minutes ago
- › Stressed about Nursing Strike 18 minutes ago
- › Childbirth options with medicaid? 19 minutes ago
- › Car seats, travel systems, baby carriers... Oh my! 22 minutes ago
- › Unclean blood draw 25 minutes ago
- › SAH/WAHMs, what do you do all day with your baby? (First time... 25 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo