Took the evaluation!
Related Forum Threads
- "Educational" minecraft servers to join? Last post on 12/17/13 at 1:44pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- 12 yo gift ideas Last post on 12/8/13 at 11:15am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Help me find my perfect curriculum :) Last post on 12/8/13 at 7:59pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Home Schooling a child with Autism or other special needs? Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:27pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Curriculum for 1st grader - New to homeschooling Last post on 11/21/13 at 12:57pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
Getting Started With Homeschooling
Last edited: 9/24/13
- Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not YoursLast edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum Package from Oak Meadow!! - Page 22post #421 of 45211/27/12 at 3:34pmpost #422 of 45211/27/12 at 3:34pmpost #423 of 45211/27/12 at 6:40pmpost #424 of 45211/27/12 at 6:40pmpost #425 of 45211/27/12 at 8:23pmpost #426 of 45211/27/12 at 8:41pmpost #427 of 45211/27/12 at 8:45pmpost #428 of 45211/28/12 at 6:02ampost #429 of 45211/28/12 at 6:03ampost #430 of 45211/28/12 at 8:23am
The evaluation was really helpful and I also liked the Mothering and Oak Meadow FB pages. My daughter attends a Waldorf school now but I'm thinking about homeschooling her and Oak Meadow looks like a great curriculum and now I know they have a distance-learning school too. Thanks for sharing this information!post #431 of 45211/28/12 at 9:19ampost #432 of 45211/28/12 at 9:24ampost #433 of 45211/28/12 at 9:30ampost #434 of 45211/28/12 at 5:08pmpost #435 of 45211/28/12 at 10:12pmpost #436 of 45211/29/12 at 12:05pmpost #437 of 45211/29/12 at 12:26pmpost #438 of 45211/29/12 at 12:27pmpost #439 of 4521/16/13 at 2:17pm
We tried our daughter in public kindergarten. She could read Lord of the Rings by Winter break from our teaching at home. She started hiding books when I would walk her in and have her read to me before class.. She went backward thanks to public school. We homeschooled her for first through fifth grade. Sixth grade found me having to take a job to make ends meet, so she was put in a charter technology school. She hates it. teacher is unwelcoming, her grades are suffering. The child I put into public school for sixth grade at a 10th grade spelling level is now making a C in English. A C!
So next year she is coming back home.
We also have a little boy who will be entering kindergarten next year.
We homeschool because it allows us flexibility. We can take a May vacation and take the kids to see the stuff we are studying about. We can visit places our Family has lived since they came here just prior to the revolutionary war. We can have no school cause of a rare sunny or snowy day. We can be together. My children are so close.. They are kind. They are polite.
My daughter is horrified this year by the language used so passingly by her fellow students.
We homeschool because in 3 hours we can do SO much more than the schools can do in 7.
We homeschool because it keeps our family whole and together and kind to each other.
We homeschool because it takes a team to do it. A family is where you learn to get a long, learn to fix mistakes and learn how to relate to others. You learn how to learn.
So we homeschool to fully teach our children what it is to be a good person. What it takes to take learning and responsibility into their own hands..
We homeschool because we are blessed to be able to and because we want the best for our kids.post #440 of 4521/21/13 at 4:23pm
- Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
- › low-carb causing anxiety and depression 9 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon 13 minutes ago
- › DD Not Receptive to ASD Diagnosis 16 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 19 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Does the family bed put a damper on your sex life? 48 minutes ago
- › Lingering Cough and Trying to Eliminate Pertussis From List of... 50 minutes ago
- › Symptoms decreasing? 54 minutes ago
- › Happy to have found other exclusive pumpers 1 hour ago
- › Interesting thought (ASD related) 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh