Took the evaluation!
Related Forum Threads
- Ipad for homeschooling Last post on Today at 2:45 pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Bridging the Summer Gap? Last post on 5/18/13 at 12:10am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Homeschooling Last post on 5/17/13 at 8:03am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! Last post on Today at 6:29 pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Chapter Books with Diverse Characters for 7 year old Last post on 5/14/13 at 6:05am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Homeschooling Thanksgiving in a Culturally Sensitive Way
Edited on 12/6/12
- Homeschooling with Chronic IllnessEdited on 11/30/12
- Back to School Resources on Mothering.comEdited on 3/8/13
- Member Recommended Homeschooling BlogsEdited on 10/9/12
- The Season of WonderEdited on 5/3/13
Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum Package from Oak Meadow!! - Page 22post #421 of 45211/27/12 at 3:34pmpost #422 of 45211/27/12 at 3:34pmpost #423 of 45211/27/12 at 6:40pmpost #424 of 45211/27/12 at 6:40pmpost #425 of 45211/27/12 at 8:23pmpost #426 of 45211/27/12 at 8:41pmpost #427 of 45211/27/12 at 8:45pmpost #428 of 45211/28/12 at 6:02ampost #429 of 45211/28/12 at 6:03ampost #430 of 45211/28/12 at 8:23am
The evaluation was really helpful and I also liked the Mothering and Oak Meadow FB pages. My daughter attends a Waldorf school now but I'm thinking about homeschooling her and Oak Meadow looks like a great curriculum and now I know they have a distance-learning school too. Thanks for sharing this information!post #431 of 45211/28/12 at 9:19ampost #432 of 45211/28/12 at 9:24am
I am a fan of Oak Meadow and Mothering on Facebook and have been for over a year!!! I LOVE both!! I'm really looking forward to having a curriculum for my 5 year old. We haven't bought one yet due to tight finances. Sure would LOVE to win this!! =)post #433 of 45211/28/12 at 9:30ampost #434 of 45211/28/12 at 5:08pmpost #435 of 45211/28/12 at 10:12pmpost #436 of 45211/29/12 at 12:05pmpost #437 of 45211/29/12 at 12:26pmpost #438 of 45211/29/12 at 12:27pmpost #439 of 4521/16/13 at 2:17pm
We tried our daughter in public kindergarten. She could read Lord of the Rings by Winter break from our teaching at home. She started hiding books when I would walk her in and have her read to me before class.. She went backward thanks to public school. We homeschooled her for first through fifth grade. Sixth grade found me having to take a job to make ends meet, so she was put in a charter technology school. She hates it. teacher is unwelcoming, her grades are suffering. The child I put into public school for sixth grade at a 10th grade spelling level is now making a C in English. A C!
So next year she is coming back home.
We also have a little boy who will be entering kindergarten next year.
We homeschool because it allows us flexibility. We can take a May vacation and take the kids to see the stuff we are studying about. We can visit places our Family has lived since they came here just prior to the revolutionary war. We can have no school cause of a rare sunny or snowy day. We can be together. My children are so close.. They are kind. They are polite.
My daughter is horrified this year by the language used so passingly by her fellow students.
We homeschool because in 3 hours we can do SO much more than the schools can do in 7.
We homeschool because it keeps our family whole and together and kind to each other.
We homeschool because it takes a team to do it. A family is where you learn to get a long, learn to fix mistakes and learn how to relate to others. You learn how to learn.
So we homeschool to fully teach our children what it is to be a good person. What it takes to take learning and responsibility into their own hands..
We homeschool because we are blessed to be able to and because we want the best for our kids.post #440 of 4521/21/13 at 4:23pmWhy homeschool?
Because I can tailor the material to my daughter's interests, we can pick our own pace, but most important to me is that she will be able to learn in an environment where she is secure and free to be herself.
- Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum Package from Oak Meadow!!
- Homeschooling with Chronic Illness
- › I have to say... 27 seconds ago
- › How are you feeling? 5 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 7 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 9 minutes ago
- › Caring for Older Kids 9 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mamas TTC May 10 minutes ago
- › Tandem nursing thread 12 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 14 minutes ago
- › How many TOTAL months have you breastfed? 15 minutes ago
- › 3 wk old- hardly ever poops but lots of wet dipes 16 minutes ago
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo