or Connect
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › WELCOME THREAD!!!

WELCOME THREAD!!!

post #1 of 117
Thread Starter 

joy.gifCongratulations to all you ladies and your beautiful BFPs!!!joy.gif

 

Tell us About You!!

 

post #2 of 117
Thread Starter 

I'll start ;)  Since currently I am typing this to myself... haha.

I'm going to be 28 next month!  I have a 5 year old DD (c-section) and a 2 year old DS (HBAC) that I am still nursing.  So this will our 3rd!   I have an AMAZING DH who doesn't know yet that I got my BFP (he shouldnt fall asleep so early, haha).  I will be doing a HB this time around too and I'm super excited to find an awesome woman to help me welcome this lovely baby into the world!!!  I can't wait to share this journey with all of you!

My Guess Date is August 3rd!!  But DS came over 2 weeks past GD ;)

So excited to have a non-winter baby!  woohoo!


 

post #3 of 117

wave.gif

 

My name is Cathy and I'm 36.  I have a 6yr old DS and 14 month DD who is still nursing.  Excited for the possibility to tandem nurse. thumb.gif  We got a little excited about house hunting.  Didn't end up with a house yet, but now were having a baby. lol.gif  I will be having a hospital birth with a doula since I am diabetic and have to take insulin.  Wish I could have a HB like with my DS, but oh well.  I just found out the hospital I'm going to has a whirlpool and baby can room in.  So that's positive.  I'm hoping for a 7-8 pounder.  Last babies were 10 and 9 pounds.  I can hope, can't I? lol.gif

 

My due date is August 2nd.  I usually go within the 39th week, but didn't want to be one of the last in July.  lol.gif   

post #4 of 117
Yay! So excited to be here! I got a BFP yesterday. Supposedly I am due July 31, but I ovulated later than what was predicted, November 5 versus November 9. I got implantation bleeding on Monday; still have some brown discharge, which I could do without. And the crampIng this time is not more intense but very present. I feel like the pressure is there pretty constantly. I think my dd is more likely the first few days of August. DH's bday is August 1 so I love people born at this time.

My DD, Evangeline, turned four yesterday and DS, Wyatt, is 2.5. we also have four dogs and one cat. Our house is so full but we are ready for this little creature.

I look forward to going through this with you all. I so enjoy these due date groups and they have been so lovely in my past pregnancies.

I told DH this morning when we were talking about gratitude with our little ones and I told him that I was thankful for our new little blessing as I am so in love with our family.

A great way to celebrate Thanksgiving!
post #5 of 117
Thread Starter 

YAY Starfish!!!  Welcome :)  So excited you got your BFP!!! love.gif

FarmerCathy: We were housee hunting my last pregnancy, but didnt move until he was 3 weeks old... I dont recommend it. very stressful. although DH and my MIL did everything hehe.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

 

post #6 of 117

I'm excited to be here too! EDD is Aug 5, but I'm guessing late July. Hoping late July, anyway! 

We have two Christmas babies, dd will be 4 and ds will be 2. I, too, am hoping for a smaller baby this time. DD was 9.2 and DS was 9.13. It's not so much the birthing them that I worry about (although I did have a dystocia with DS, which I would NOT like to repeat), but the carrying part. I actually sort of like giving birth, but pregnancy is pretty challenging for me with heaps of SPD and prolapse issues. None the less, we are SO excited about this baby and very much intentionally chose this little creature. 

Looking forward to getting to know you guys, and all the rest of the mamas who will be joining us.

Are there any other keeners out there already thinking of names? ;)

post #7 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumleap View Post

Are there any other keeners out there already thinking of names? ;)

 

I am!!  We should start a name thread!

post #8 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumleap View Post

I'm excited to be here too! EDD is Aug 5, but I'm guessing late July. Hoping late July, anyway! 
We have two Christmas babies, dd will be 4 and ds will be 2. I, too, am hoping for a smaller baby this time. DD was 9.2 and DS was 9.13. It's not so much the birthing them that I worry about (although I did have a dystocia with DS, which I would NOT like to repeat), but the carrying part. I actually sort of like giving birth, but pregnancy is pretty challenging for me with heaps of SPD and prolapse issues. None the less, we are SO excited about this baby and very much intentionally chose this little creature. 
Looking forward to getting to know you guys, and all the rest of the mamas who will be joining us.
Are there any other keeners out there already thinking of names? wink1.gif

Wooo hooo! Welcome!!! You and I are going to do whatever it takes to avoid these physical ailments, mama.
post #9 of 117
Thread Starter 

Welcome Quatam!!!!!  YAY!!!joy.gif
 

whats a keener?shrug.gif

post #10 of 117

Not pregnant, just here to give you guys lots of good wishes and sisterhood from the August 2012 group. We can't believe it's time for us to pass our torch for hot summer babies to y'all. But we found so much support, laughter, and information in our DDC. We wish you the same!

joy.gif

post #11 of 117
Oh, how lovely, mama. Thank you!!!!
post #12 of 117
Hi all. I'd like to join the group. I just found out this morning I'm expecting baby #4 approx Aug 15. Early BFP but saw 2 lines for sure. I'm 35, DH is 23 & we live in Ontario Canada. My DD is 8yo, DS1 is 5yo (both from my previous marriage) and DS2 is 19mo. I'm still nursing - first time pregnant & nursing. May tandem nurse depending on DS2's wishes and how painful it gets! These will be my closest kids and we're excited for #4. Would love another girl - 3 boys sounds scary! I work full time (35hrs a week) but will take a 12 month mat leave. Looking forward to hanging out with y'all smile.gif
post #13 of 117
Thread Starter 

WELCOME!!!  So excited you are here Mamaki!!!  Congrats!!joy.gif

post #14 of 117

Thanks :) Congrats to you and everyone else already here too stillheart.gif

post #15 of 117
Hello ladies. Congratulations to you all. I am 36 years old DH is 41. We have a DS who will be 4 when this blessing arrives. I have used a RE both times to get pregnant. Had an ultrasound this morning. Looks like baby is in a good spot in the uterus. Next Friday I will be 6 weeks so have another ultrasound scheduled for then so we can see the heartbeat.
Looking forward to getting to know you ladies. Hoping that we can be as close as my last birth board. X
post #16 of 117

Hi everyone! I'm Mary, 32. DH Matt is 33 and our son Andrew is 2 (almost 3 when this new treasure arrives). Summer pregnancies seem to be my lot in life. I had a LOT of not-awesomeness in my first pregnancy (nausea to 30 weeks, PUPPP, kidney stones, prodromal labor, posterior presentation) and praying for (and optimistic about!) smooth sailing this time around. VERY excited to join you ladies and enjoy support and camaraderie--loved my September 2010 DDC. Current guess date is August 4, but like my mom, I am a slow cooker. Let's DO THIS!
 

post #17 of 117
Thread Starter 

CraftyMcGluestick!!!  I LOVE you name!  haha.  WELCOME!!  Sounds like you were describing my first pregnancy... except breech presentation.  posterior with the second though!  THAT was awesome!!!  This is going to be the awesome pregnancy and birth for us both right?  hahaha.

post #18 of 117

Hi All......I thought I'd introduce myself!  I'm Megan, I'm 34, and dh is 39.  We have two kids, dd is 10, and ds is 6.  I just got a bfp on Tuesday and it was a bit of a shocker!  Not because we didn't want it, but because we've been waiting for about 4 years for this next little one!  I'm so excited, and it hardly seems real yet!  I'm excited to join in and chat with you gals about all that's going on in these next 8 months or so!  :)

post #19 of 117

Congrats and welcome akmeg!  You must be very excited joy.gif My older kids are similar ages to yours - My DD is turning 9 in January and my DS1 turned 6 next week.  We also have a 19mo (DS2).  What is your EDD?

post #20 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMcGluestick View Post

Hi everyone! I'm Mary, 32. DH Matt is 33 and our son Andrew is 2 (almost 3 when this new treasure arrives). Summer pregnancies seem to be my lot in life. I had a LOT of not-awesomeness in my first pregnancy (nausea to 30 weeks, PUPPP, kidney stones, prodromal labor, posterior presentation) and praying for (and optimistic about!) smooth sailing this time around. VERY excited to join you ladies and enjoy support and camaraderie--loved my September 2010 DDC. Current guess date is August 4, but like my mom, I am a slow cooker. Let's DO THIS!
 

Welcome and congrats ROTFLMAO.gif  I've never had a summer pregnancy - my kids were born in winter or spring.  Is it really horrible?

 

I love your name too - very very cool!!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › WELCOME THREAD!!!