or Connect
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › WELCOME THREAD!!!

WELCOME THREAD!!! - Page 5

post #81 of 117

Blessedmommie- How cool, there are some nice meetups through an AP group here that I just started attending.  Very nice group. 

 

I'd like to ask for those of us that are due towards the end of the month that the new mamas not forget us.  I know things get crazy busy fast after the birth, but I was in a DDC for my last pregnancy, and had my baby on the 26th.  By the time it was my turn to announce and share my birth story, most was offline, and I felt very depressed about it.  It's hard to read the birth news of others, when you are huge, hugest, waiting, then not get to share when it FINALLY!!!! happens for  you.  Thanks :)

post #82 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily11megan View Post

Blessedmommie- How cool, there are some nice meetups through an AP group here that I just started attending.  Very nice group. 

 

I'd like to ask for those of us that are due towards the end of the month that the new mamas not forget us.  I know things get crazy busy fast after the birth, but I was in a DDC for my last pregnancy, and had my baby on the 26th.  By the time it was my turn to announce and share my birth story, most was offline, and I felt very depressed about it.  It's hard to read the birth news of others, when you are huge, hugest, waiting, then not get to share when it FINALLY!!!! happens for  you.  Thanks :)


Now I feel bad.  I left my last DDC pretty quickly after, but I do have a good excuse.  I moved about a month after I had my dd.  I might be with this one too, but it won't be as far and I will do my best to be there for the last mamas giving birth.  Plus I'm a group leader, so I do need to continue to be on here.  Plus, we'll need one of those baby picture threads.  thumb.gif

post #83 of 117

Hi mamas!! 

 

I'm very excited to be joining you, albeit a bit tentatively as it's still very early. I got my BFP on the 12th, I'm guessing maybe 10dpo. I'm 30 years old and married to a wonderful man. :) This was our third month trying after a m/c in August, and this will be our first baby. :) I think my due date is Aug 26.

 

I've found myself weary of thinking too far in the future, just because the shock of the miscarriage the first time around took me very much by surprise and was devastating. I'm praying things go differently with this pregnancy. I'm holding off on calling my OB until my period is officially "missed" and not going to schedule my first u/s until after Jan 5. Last time we had the u/s at 6w3d, no hb, and I spent a very terrible couple of weeks not knowing which way things were going. I'd like to avoid that "not knowing" if possible because it is just too much to handle. I will try to wait until I'm at least 7 weeks this time around! 

 

So far I haven't felt much, but I did have a crying fit last night and today I've been very dizzy and have had a slight headache.

 

Glad to be here!! :) 

post #84 of 117

Hey ladies!! 

 

My name is Rose! I've got a lovely husband J, two great stepchildren, a 16mo daughter, and this bean on the way! I'm a younger mama. I tested yesterday and got my BFP, two years and one week to the day I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I was only about 9DPO (but I have an 11 day LP so not surprising) and probably due somewhere between the 23-28. It was our first week (!!) trying. It only took one weekend with my daughter as well.

 

So far I'm just really emotional, peeing and eating LOTS, and ((TMI WARNING)) gassy, and somewhat dry as far as trying to have sex. I've felt a bit weird, don't know how to explain. I just knew! :) With my daughter I had moderate HG up until 15 weeks and mild HG all the way until 20 weeks, so far so good...I'm hoping not to get it this time.

 

I scheduled a consultation with a semi-local midwife for next week seeing as I need a conf. of pregnancy for insurance.

 

Although I've just joined Mothering, I was part of a separate pregnancy/parenting forum before and it just got way too heated ALL the time even while we were all having babies. I had my daughter August 7th, and really just stopped going after that because of all the flame wars. I couldn't enjoy it anymore because it was all about who was in the "cliques."

 

I'm hoping to meet some like-minded mamas due around the same time and forge indispensable friendships along the way. grouphug.gif

post #85 of 117
Welcome everyone new here 🎉
post #86 of 117

Welcome everyone :)   For those of you who say you had difficult births, long labors etc you may want to look into the Weston A Price Foundation and their info on pregnancy.   Mothers who follow that sort of diet often have much shorter and easier labors and births and lower rates of complications.

post #87 of 117

Hello all. I'm tentatively stepping in.

 

I'm 26, and have a 2 year old DD. Just got a BFP a few days ago, and will be (hopefully!) due at the end of August. I've had a number of losses, and we're nervous but hopeful for this one.
 

post #88 of 117
Hello! I'm amanda.. Cautiously checking in since af isnt due till tomorrow, but i got this bfp this morning. Looking forward to being sick of you guys in 9 months. Fingers crossed. Due August 27th so im right at the end, but I've never been pregnant past 38.weeks before. I'm still in major denial as I've also NEVER had a positive test before my period is due! I took.4 tests this past weekend that i tried to convince myself were evaps.. Thus kine showed up right away, so I'm hopeful!

post #89 of 117

Welcome aphel and amanda!

Gotta love the dollar tree!  I always test early with those suckers.

I also am feeling tentative, and will until I get heart tones in January.  But I allowed myself to talk to the baby this morning, and it felt good, even if we only have a little while together.

post #90 of 117

Hi there! I'm new to the group, due around Aug. 8 with #5, ds (15), dd (13), ds (10), ds (8), from previous marriage.  We are very excited for this little one and look forward to sharing with you all the next 7 or so months!

post #91 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post

Hello! I'm amanda.. Cautiously checking in since af isnt due till tomorrow, but i got this bfp this morning. Looking forward to being sick of you guys in 9 months. Fingers crossed. Due August 27th so im right at the end, but I've never been pregnant past 38.weeks before. I'm still in major denial as I've also NEVER had a positive test before my period is due! I took.4 tests this past weekend that i tried to convince myself were evaps.. Thus kine showed up right away, so I'm hopeful!

 

Heyyy.  Your name looks familiar.  Were you in the April 2008 DDC?

 

At any rate, welcome to you and all the others newly joining us!

post #92 of 117
Congrats to everyone on their BFPs! I'm Sarah, age 33, due around 8/4. DH and I have have struggled with recurrent miscarriage this past year and a half. We are hoping this will be our miracle baby #2! So far I'm feeling pretty queasy with no spotting, which I ALWAYS have. I hope I get to stay and get to know you guys for all 9 months!
post #93 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISDiva View Post

Heyyy.  Your name looks familiar.  Were you in the April 2008 DDC?

At any rate, welcome to you and all the others newly joining us!


Yes i was!! Katherine was born 3/26/08 smile.gif
I also had a little boy in march 2010.. Can't believe he's almost three!! Time for a new baby i guess! Got a positive on a digital test this afternoon, so i guess its official. The birth center won't see me till 10 weeks so I've got a bit before i see my Midwife.
post #94 of 117

Hi Everyone! I'm joining, although it's still not feeling real to me. I'm quite nervous until...delivery?  At this point I'm due August 18th with my 4th.  :)

post #95 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post


Yes i was!! Katherine was born 3/26/08 smile.gif
I also had a little boy in march 2010.. Can't believe he's almost three!! Time for a new baby i guess! Got a positive on a digital test this afternoon, so i guess its official. The birth center won't see me till 10 weeks so I've got a bit before i see my Midwife.

Cool, it was so fun to see a "familiar" name!  Congratulations!

 

Welcome to Harmie0515 too!

post #96 of 117

Welcome, everyone new!

 

aphel and coffeebean, I've also had 5 losses before this pregnancy so I can relate to being nervous. I hope we all get to meet our August babies!

post #97 of 117
Thanks, carmen. I feel better knowing I'm not alone! Aphel- I recognized your name and looked in your posting history. Looks like we were both in the January DDC. Hi again! Hoping we all end up holding our babes in August!
post #98 of 117

Hi everyone!! I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now, and we saw the heartbeat.gif today!!!!
 

I have 2 DS, ages 2 and 5, and recently experienced a loss, so we have been monitoring things closely. They saw a small hematoma in the uterus, and while they are not overly concerned about it, they are watching it and want to be prepared in case I need extra progesterone support (I am already on supplements now).

 

Anyway, I will be going through this thread now to "meet" everyone!

 

Here's to happy and healthy pregnancies for the August 2013 DDC!


Edited by porcelina - 12/19/12 at 5:11pm
post #99 of 117

wave.gif  I've seen your screen name in previous TTC threads and such, I'm glad you're here!

post #100 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelina View Post

Hi everyone!! I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now, and today we saw the heartbeat.gif today!!!!
.

Congrats Porcelina! I knew you'd been cautious about joining but glad to see my Sept 10 DDC buddy!

Welcome to all the mamas! Looking forward to sharing highs and lows and pregnancy woes over this journey together.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › WELCOME THREAD!!!