Related Forum Threads
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Names? Last post on Yesterday at 9:35 pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Let's talk baby names! Last post on 9/20/13 at 12:22pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 12/4/13
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
Baby Names Thread - Page 12post #221 of 2666/28/13 at 1:50pmpost #222 of 2667/9/13 at 7:01ampost #223 of 2667/9/13 at 7:03pmFingers crossed there's some overlap, Jillgayle! Our problem is that DH and I are each stuck on a single boy name the other person can't stand. There's one name we both kinda like (it was actually our pick if DD had been a boy), but now I'm not so sure. Sucks because I loved both DS and DD's names, but this time have some reservations about both our girl and boy names. All I know for sure is there's no way I'm giving in on my husband's choice: Enzo!post #224 of 2667/9/13 at 8:54pm
We have the same problem here AE77.
I think we finally have come to an agreement on the name though. I thought it would never happen. Neither of us budged, we just found something that we could agree on.
For a boy I think we are set on Caleb Matthew. If he comes out and doesn't suit it, I think we may end up just pulling a name out of a hat.
I am still mourning not being able to use Milo. I love that name, but Caleb is slowly growing on me.
For a girl I love Lilah, Nora, Rebekah and Grace. We really don't expect a girl though.
I am really finding choosing a name stressful this time around!post #225 of 2667/9/13 at 11:17pmpost #226 of 2667/10/13 at 7:18ampost #227 of 2667/10/13 at 12:45pmpost #228 of 2667/11/13 at 7:00amFunny to hear how weird other DHs are with names. Mine too!! When I first read "Enzo" I thought "cool!" But when you say it's a clown name, I can kind of see that too (sorry).
I don't know what I'm going to name this baby boy. Nothing speaks to me. My five year old DS really wants to name the baby Gabriel. I like the name but I don't like Gabe, and we have a one syllable last name, so I'm not sure how that would work if people started shortening it. I don't like "Gabe". I do like William, but I'd want to call him Will and DH is weird about nicknames. Also, its so popular. We've also thrown around Henry, Roy, and Julian. DH suggested Christopher, but As a child of the eighties/ nineties, I just knew way to many Chrises. I don't know what to do or what to name this baby. Opinions, advice, and admonishments are all welcome :-)post #229 of 2667/12/13 at 4:47pmI'm sorry, I wish I had advice for you. We are terrible at coming up with names!
I can say that DH and I don't agree on nicknames either. But it doesn't matter. Because the kids call dd3 Penny so much, DH just got used to it. I use her full name and Penny interchangeably. DH uses both, but Penelope more. Some names just lend themselves to nicknames. The other girls have names that could have nicknames, but don't.post #230 of 2667/12/13 at 5:34pm
Songbird- I think it is possible to stop nicknames if you don't like them. My family is anti nicknames. My sister and I have 4 syllable names that are not shortened. The middle sis 3 syllables. My husband is Stephen and bristles if you try to call him Steve. I have a Penelope and no one calls her anything but. You just have to stand your ground when they are small- and then hope they are don't choose the nn when they are teens.post #231 of 2667/12/13 at 6:08pmpost #232 of 2667/12/13 at 6:52pmpost #233 of 2667/12/13 at 7:29pmpost #234 of 2667/12/13 at 7:34pmpost #235 of 2667/12/13 at 7:37pmpost #236 of 2667/12/13 at 7:40pmI think Darwin sounds masculine too. But I think it's kind of cool and edgy and I imagine a very strong, quick-witted young woman bearing the name well. I think Penny is so cute.
Askew, you are so right about nicknames. My son refuses to be called anything but his full, given name. He's been uncompromising about it since he could talk, and even now at five, I've seen him get this real tough guy tone with big grown men about his name. The only exception is he lets mama call him Boo :-)
I guess I still have a few weeks to figure out a name for this new babe....post #237 of 2667/12/13 at 7:51pmQuote:
I've been to Brisbane! My Dad is from Perth, so I've been there, Brisbane, Cairns, Sydney and Melbourne. I've also had to go to Sydney and Melbourne a couple of times for work. Although now with the family I am glad I don't travel like I used to for work anymore.post #238 of 2667/12/13 at 9:20pmpost #239 of 2667/13/13 at 6:33amBanana: would never have thought of Darwin, but I like it! It's different but not surprisingly so, maybe because the -in ending that is so popular. I agree with song sparkle- cool and edgy, witty.
We may have finally agreed (or maybe Dh just conceded) to a boys name. I did my list but he didnt, so I figure its my choice now. Then in the middle of the night I thought of a middle name that has not been on my list at all
So, I'm really liking Brady Meier (or Meyer)
I wanted an M name after my grandfather Melvin, but not Melvin, and the only other one I have considered until now is Matthew. But Dh has been on the fence about Matthew because its his middle name.
Meier is Hebrew for the bringer of light, or enlightenment, it's also used in Poland and Germany ( DH's background).
I don't think I could commit to it as a first name but as a middle I like it. DH has not said no. We'll see!
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › Partial Circumcision???? 1 minute ago
- › 12 y/o unschooler needs math book suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Life with my twins ... Why is this getting harder every day? 10 minutes ago
- › a true natural remedy? 20 minutes ago
- › Good childbirth books needing a good home 21 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 21 minutes ago
- › Desperate for a Change in our Dinnertime/Eating! 22 minutes ago
- › How would you handle this? 23 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 28 minutes ago
- › Long LH Surge 28 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo