I just started reading "Wheat Belly". So very interesting. It has prompted me to stop eating wheat. Have you give up wheat? If so, what have you noticed? Positive/negative side effects? I have heard from so many people that they were finally able to lose weight. I am hoping it will help with a myriad of other issues as well.
- categoryHealth Healing
Related Forum Threads
- Fevers: Is it normal for my dd to get fevers within 3 weeks of each other? Last post on Today at 7:13 pm in Health and Healing
- Lump in groin/lymph area? Last post on Today at 2:53 pm in Health and Healing
- Recurrent Corneal Erosion Last post on Today at 3:03 pm in Health and Healing
- Please help! My children stay sick!! Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Health and Healing
- Thyroid infection? (subacute granulomatous thyroiditis) Last post on Yesterday at 11:07 pm in Health and Healing
Eliminated wheat? Please share your story.
It was well worth giving up and I don't miss it at all.
I gave up wheat 5 years ago and my restless legs syndrome completely disappeared, and I found I had more energy overall. I think there are probably a lot of other benefits that were too mild to notice.
We are working towards the entire family eliminating it. I don't see my DH or kids being completely wheat free when out of the house. I figure that if we don't have it in the house then we won't eat nearly as much though. This is my first week and I don't miss it at all. We were totally gluten free a few years ago and used a lot of substitute products and did not find them satisfying. They aren't really good for you either. So this time around, we are focusing on a lot more WHOLE foods. Instead of making brownies from a gluten free box mix, we made raw brownie bites from nuts, dates, vanilla, and cocoa. They were delicious and the kids liked them better than the box stuff. Instead of having GF bread for a sandwich for lunch, I make two soups each week and we have those for lunch. That way we don't miss "the real thing" because we are eating a gross substitue. (I know not all GF substitutes are gross or unhealthy-just saying that most of the ones we tried were.) We are also avoiding dairy for a number of reasons, so that makes things more of a challenge. It has only been a few days, but so far, my kids don't even realize we aren't eating wheat. I guarantee that if I gave them GF bread, they would have fussed-that's what happened before. I think the key is finding other foods that are tasty and wholesome and having those around instead. We do have the GF crackers from Sams Club and everyone likes them. DH started taking dinner leftovers for lunch for work. I was shocked. I never thought he would give up his sandwiches. So far, he has been enjoying having a hot lunch not that the weather is cold here.
- Eliminated wheat? Please share your story.
- › Hello! 2 minutes ago
- › castor oil attempt!! 2 minutes ago
- › Due in a few days...concerns of baby and placenta placement 5 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 7 minutes ago
- › Stroller advice - considering Britax B-ready 7 minutes ago
- › Tetanis help - pic 8 minutes ago
- › Items in hospital bag...is this too much? 9 minutes ago
- › Need some opinions: working post-partum 11 minutes ago
- › Best Gift Ideas For Father On Father's Day 12 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 15 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11