or Connect
Mothering › Groups › June 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › The Belly Thread!

The Belly Thread! - Page 12

post #221 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMama34 View Post

 

The ones who only gain 25 pounds were very likely very, very sick in the first trimester. (Raises hand!) Don't be jealous of that...I'd rather feel better and gain 40+ pounds...although at this rate now that I'm feeling better, I may be right on track to do so. :P

 

All pregnant mamas are gorgeous, IMO. :)

 

 

I was opposite of this.  With my last 3 pregnancies I had hyperemesys (I can't spell that) and I vomited 24/7 but still gained the typical amount of weight for me .. 35-40 lbs even though I lost 10+ lbs in the first tri with each of them.

post #222 of 570

I don't know if I'm going to be a late gainer or what, but at 26 weeks I'm still down a pound.  I didn't have particularly bad morning sickness, but I started off about 15 pounds heavier than my 'normal' weight (I gained this mysterious 15 pounds sometime in the year before getting pregnant).  I really expected to have gained more at this point, but my midwife says all is good, so I'm not going to complain.
 

post #223 of 570
Starting to feel pretty mighty! And yes, SEXY! I love my round growing belly and feel much more comfortable in my skin when I'm pregnant vs. non prego.




My dates have changed *again* so this is 22 weeks for me!
post #224 of 570
Taters, unless you were obese prior to pregnancy, I thought a practitioner would be concerned at with no weight gain. Have you increased calories/ portion sizes? Did you have morning sickness? A low birth weight baby is a risk if no weight gain.
post #225 of 570
I love seeing everyones "bump fashion"! Cute maternity dresses- makes me wanna get out and do some shopping.
post #226 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNajla View Post

I love seeing everyones "bump fashion"! Cute maternity dresses- makes me wanna get out and do some shopping.

Well mama, look no further!!! I'm selling 100 different maternity items and baby clothes on eBay right now. I'm not trying to be "that weirdo" but I have it and we all need it LOL
Tenkeveal1 is my user ID on eBay and I've got dresses, tops, shorts, and name brand jeans smile.gif. I kept the things I can still wear and I'm moving the rest out.
post #227 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post


Well mama, look no further!!! I'm selling 100 different maternity items and baby clothes on eBay right now. I'm not trying to be "that weirdo" but I have it and we all need it LOL
Tenkeveal1 is my user ID on eBay and I've got dresses, tops, shorts, and name brand jeans smile.gif. I kept the things I can still wear and I'm moving the rest out.

 

Without a link, I'm having no success finding your stuff on ebay. I was just going to look out of curiosity. 

post #228 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

 

Without a link, I'm having no success finding your stuff on ebay. I was just going to look out of curiosity. 

Go to advanced search and search by seller - Voila!

 

http://myworld.ebay.com/tenkeveal1?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

post #229 of 570
Thanks Tenk!! I just bought a romote shutter for my camera and I'm going to do a maternity self-shoot soon (once the snow melts). I'm used to being on the other side of the camera, so it will be a fun project smile.gif
post #230 of 570
Thread Starter 

24 weeks

 

post #231 of 570


24 weeks 2 days
post #232 of 570

Hi! I'm new here! This was my 21wk photo - measuring 28wks - carrying twin boys!

 

*

post #233 of 570
Everyone is looking so good!! Welcome parttimecrunchy!! Congrats on your twin boys!!

Here is a pic from yesterday, 27 weeks and 2 days!

petebuzu.jpg
post #234 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post

 

 

 

I was opposite of this.  With my last 3 pregnancies I had hyperemesys (I can't spell that) and I vomited 24/7 but still gained the typical amount of weight for me .. 35-40 lbs even though I lost 10+ lbs in the first tri with each of them.

 

Oh geez. Well, it's not like it's a bad thing at all to gain 40 pounds! I gained only 11 with my first (because I was overweight myself to start with), lost a lot of weight between babies and then gained 40+ with number two. It's all good. :)

post #235 of 570

I think I was technically considered obese, or near it, although that's just according to height/weight charts (I started off at 180 5'5").  I was down to 176 at the beginning of the 2nd trimester and now am at 179.  No significant morning sickness, and my diet is about the same.  I've always eaten very little processed/junk/fastfood.....I'm definitely eating significantly more meat now than ever before.  Eating when I'm hungry. I'm healthy, the babies healthy, I think weight is pretty relative.  Although I was definitely expecting to have gained more by now. 
 

post #236 of 570

Taters-- if you feel good, and your midwife is not concerned, then I think you're doing just fine. After all, like you said, your appetite is starting to increase, and there's still plenty of opportunity to gain if your body and baby demand it.

post #237 of 570

Everyone  is really popping now! So cool. Welcome new mamas! And we really have a set of twins in our DDC yay!

 

Kitteh love the outfit, looks like you're ready for a day at the beach!
 

post #238 of 570

You are all so beautiful!!  Love seeing these bellies grow joy.gif

post #239 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNajla View Post

I love seeing everyones "bump fashion"! Cute maternity dresses- makes me wanna get out and do some shopping.


I bought a ton of dresses from OldNavy.com when they go on clearance - plus they have an extra 15% off & free shipping. Some of my dresses were less than $8!!! Since I'm carrying two, I can't find pants that are comfy, everything is too tight on Baby A (he's waaay down there) so I live in dresses!

post #240 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeCrunchy View Post


I bought a ton of dresses from OldNavy.com when they go on clearance - plus they have an extra 15% off & free shipping. Some of my dresses were less than $8!!! Since I'm carrying two, I can't find pants that are comfy, everything is too tight on Baby A (he's waaay down there) so I live in dresses!

 

I love the disparity among us all!  I still have to wear my bella band w/ all of my maternity pants b/c they are all still too big!  I often wonder if my belly will ever grow into them.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: June 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › June 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › The Belly Thread!