- 465 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on Today at 4:40 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Want to take pregnancy test! Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:16am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:31am in Trying To Conceive
December TWW Thread - Page 4
My hubby and i have been together for 6 years and finally got married this summer. We are a blended family with three children 15, 10 and 8. I had my IUD taken out after 6+ years on November 16th. I had it taken out the week I was ovulating. I'm just anxious, been waiting for this for a long time. Well, I got my first period in years on Dec 4th. Now the ovulation caluclator is telling me between 15 - 20 Dec.
would someone mind spelling these acrynomys out for me?
Oh and how accrate is the 5 day ovulation window?
I'm not sure about the ovulation calendar, it depends on the accuracy of your reporting and the predictability of your cycles.
I read somewhere that all cases of pregnancy can be traced to sex during the 5 days leading up to and including the day of ovulation. But, you have to predict your ovulation correctly to get in that window. If you are getting fertile mucus, that is a pretty good way of assuring you are nearing ovulation. Good luck!
Here are the acronyms you asked for:
dpo=days past ovulation
afm= as for me
dh= dear husband
ds= dear son (and obv. dd = dear daughter)
cd= cycle day
you'll also see
cf/cm= cervical fluid/cervical mucus
ewcm= egg white cervical mucus
bfn= big fat negative (on preg. test)
bfp= big fat positive
Sparkle Maman, I knew it was wishful thinking, I just needed someone else to remind me, thanks. Your theory about it being leftover hormones from ovulation is probably right - the pain/sensitivity is now gone. I hope it's at least a good sign that I likely ovulated this month. Wishing you a BFP this cycle or else peace with your decision to stop trying.
14, I think. Based on a 25 day cycle. I'm not 100% I O'd when I was "supposed to" on the 26 of Nov. We DTD on the 26th and 28th (I think). I had what I believe was implantation cramping on the 5th of Dec, and some the next day as well. I got a BFP on 14 dpo with my daughter and that was based on a 28 day cycle, but only because I wasn't having regular cycles and that was default. I tested 5 days before AF was "due" with her and got a BFN. I am a little worried that maybe I was pregnant but the pregnancy didn't "take." Maybe I should have stopped drinking coffee entirely instead of just cutting back, but it's hard to quit that stuff cold turkey! I know if that is the case I will blame myself.
AFM- I'm not really having anything in the way of symptoms. I gagged when brushing my teeth this morning, and was a bit irritable last night. I'm 10 dpo and will test on fri if no period. I never have much in the way of symptoms pre-AF. At this point, I'm starting to think this cycle probably isn't it.
serenyd- don't sweat the coffee, one cup a day is totally fine for healthy women!
sparklmaman- sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. I ttc for 7 months for my first, and I remember being obsessive half my life that whole time. hang in there, and remember you have us to lean on with all those feelings. So many of us have or have had the same ones. FX for you special this month.
auvetmom- I lol when I read your comment about regimented sex and Co sleeping. My 22mo is in my bed most nights. Sex sure is a different game than it was5 years ago, with no kids, and much more booze/sleeping in.
afm, testing in the am, will update.
thx for checking out my squinter!
Sorry if this is TMI, but I had a thought ... is it possible my urine could have been too dilute? I peed in a cup to test (don't trust my aim!) and filled a full 16 oz with fmu (at 5 am) and about another 12 oz with smu (8 or 9 am). I used a FRER with the fmu and a Clear Blue Easy digital with the smu and both came back neg. What do you think I should do? I ordered some more FRERs but they won't be here until Wednesday and I wasn't planning to test until Thursday am.
I see a line on that second test too Congrats and just in time for Christmas!!
I'm a bit concerned as all the opk's I've seen on here when positive seem to go VERY dark and mine doesn't, it goes just about as dark as the control line and one side of the test line is a bit darker but it's hard to tell. It doesn't go as dark as all your guys tests do ...any thoughts on that? Surely it is still a positive right? otherwise it wouldn't gradually get darker and darker then fade away the next day, it's still showing the LH surge right? I have temped this cycle and my temp went up by .2 after the positive opk for a few days, but some charts I've seen go up by .5. would it be worth me checking it with the digital opk's you guys are using too? to make sure. Anyone recommend any? and how many uses do you get out of them?
AFM 11 DPO today and expecting AF to be here tomorrow, all tests have been negative so far and I feel really discouraged seeing them so I decided not to test today, I'll just wait for AF instead.
Good Morning, Mamas.
Emily11megan Thank you for your kind words.
Serenyd Like you, I have wondered a lot this month and last if I messed something up, if perhaps conception/implantation had occurred and this/these was/were a loss?
I stared at 5 days worth of BFNs before AF arrived, right on time, this morning. I was really confident that the O-like pinchy/pokey/crampy feelings I had last Tuesday and Wednesday (opposite side from where I know I O'd this month) were implantation. It seemed so right on timing-wise and not typical for me in the symptom spotting mode of the TWW. This is 7 months of consuming thoughts around TTC (and convincing myself each TWW, this is it!) and 5 months of diligently charting, OPK use and well timed BDing. I know this is NOTHING compared to the time many mamas here spend TTC. My DH has again (infuriatingly) changed his mind around this whole process. Knowing this made this month's TWW especially high stakes, so to speak.I know I said earlier I was feeling okay, or trying to feel okay, with all of it.Today I am not feeling okay with it. My DH has always been satisfied with the idea of having an only child, even before we were married. In fact, this was a huge source of contention just before we became engaged and then before we were married. I was clear this was a deal breaker for me, I knew I would NOT be content with only 1; I was thinking more of 4-5! He insisted he'd agree to and try for at least 2. To say I feel hurt, mislead, betrayed would all be understatements. So I find myself, once again, in a rather dark place this month. I keep trying to be okay with it, to accept that I am done and trying so hard to be grateful for all the privilege and blessings in my life. This is proving more difficult that I'd thought as I realize I can be both grateful and sad for the sense of less. A part of me does wonder if the Universe is sending me a message, that if with 5 months of well timed trying, it just isn't meant to be anyway. *Sigh* I am so sorry for the negative energy I am bringing this morning, this just sucks.
From fmu today. Darker. Obviously there. I'm calling it, DH...maybe tomorrow :)
Now I'm kinda freaking out; anyone else have 3 kids under 5???
Sparklemaman- I'm so sorry about your emotional roller coaster. I don't have any advice for you, just sending lots of love and hoping you and dh can come to a good place together. (which means that he'll try some more) A loving woman like you deserves to have as many kids as they can, the world needs more wanted and loved kids. Hugs today!
Sorry for your loss. My partner and I have disagreed about family size before too. At rough times in our relationship he has made promises of more kids that he has taken back later. Very disappointing! Maybe your husband would agree to try "not trying but not avoiding" and if it happens, it happens?
- December TWW Thread
- › Good vibes! 2 minutes ago
- › new to breastfeeding.. 2 minutes ago
- › Managing toddler curls 4 minutes ago
- › How would you deal with this bilingual child's issue? 5 minutes ago
- › Can't bare the tbought of going back to work:( 7 minutes ago
- › Wanting to relocate from CA-TX 8 minutes ago
- › Can you remove your IUD at home? YES! You can! 12 minutes ago
- › Spring IVF 2013 15 minutes ago
- › The YMCA is not breastfeeding friendly 19 minutes ago
- › What are you craving? 21 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Angel Baby - Milkmaid Tea, 16 tea bags by KaliShanti
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo