Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Salutations! TTC for the 1st Time. Get to know you thread. Last post on Yesterday at 5:07 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Wondering if I'm pregnant or not Last post on Yesterday at 4:08 pm in Trying To Conceive
- The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon Last post on Today at 1:49 am in Trying To Conceive
- 3 day med bleed 2 days before AF is due .. Implantation ??! Last post on 12/17/13 at 1:29pm in Trying To Conceive
- TTC Baby #2 using Clomid Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:28pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
December TWW Thread - Page 4post #62 of 78812/10/12 at 11:43amHello all - I am new to these forums as of today.
My hubby and i have been together for 6 years and finally got married this summer. We are a blended family with three children 15, 10 and 8. I had my IUD taken out after 6+ years on November 16th. I had it taken out the week I was ovulating. I'm just anxious, been waiting for this for a long time. Well, I got my first period in years on Dec 4th. Now the ovulation caluclator is telling me between 15 - 20 Dec.
would someone mind spelling these acrynomys out for me?
Oh and how accrate is the 5 day ovulation window?
TKSpost #63 of 78812/10/12 at 11:49am
I'm not sure about the ovulation calendar, it depends on the accuracy of your reporting and the predictability of your cycles.
I read somewhere that all cases of pregnancy can be traced to sex during the 5 days leading up to and including the day of ovulation. But, you have to predict your ovulation correctly to get in that window. If you are getting fertile mucus, that is a pretty good way of assuring you are nearing ovulation. Good luck!
Here are the acronyms you asked for:
dpo=days past ovulation
afm= as for me
dh= dear husband
ds= dear son (and obv. dd = dear daughter)
cd= cycle day
you'll also see
cf/cm= cervical fluid/cervical mucus
ewcm= egg white cervical mucus
bfn= big fat negative (on preg. test)
bfp= big fat positivepost #64 of 78812/10/12 at 11:55am
Sparkle Maman, I knew it was wishful thinking, I just needed someone else to remind me, thanks. Your theory about it being leftover hormones from ovulation is probably right - the pain/sensitivity is now gone. I hope it's at least a good sign that I likely ovulated this month. Wishing you a BFP this cycle or else peace with your decision to stop trying.post #65 of 78812/10/12 at 12:13pm
14, I think. Based on a 25 day cycle. I'm not 100% I O'd when I was "supposed to" on the 26 of Nov. We DTD on the 26th and 28th (I think). I had what I believe was implantation cramping on the 5th of Dec, and some the next day as well. I got a BFP on 14 dpo with my daughter and that was based on a 28 day cycle, but only because I wasn't having regular cycles and that was default. I tested 5 days before AF was "due" with her and got a BFN. I am a little worried that maybe I was pregnant but the pregnancy didn't "take." Maybe I should have stopped drinking coffee entirely instead of just cutting back, but it's hard to quit that stuff cold turkey! I know if that is the case I will blame myself.post #66 of 78812/10/12 at 12:18pmpost #67 of 78812/10/12 at 12:44pmao05 and mamamash - I chart because up until this month, we were TTA. Last preg I needed to know when I was ovulating so my husband could travel. And since I was two weeks post due date last preg and tend to have long cycles, I want to know exactly when I ovulate so no one gets too nervous when I go two weeks past again. You definitely have to be careful sex doesn't get too regimented but having a 14 mo who cosleeps makes things complicated anyway. :-)
AFM- I'm not really having anything in the way of symptoms. I gagged when brushing my teeth this morning, and was a bit irritable last night. I'm 10 dpo and will test on fri if no period. I never have much in the way of symptoms pre-AF. At this point, I'm starting to think this cycle probably isn't it.post #68 of 78812/10/12 at 6:35pmpost #69 of 78812/10/12 at 6:42pmSpeaking of charting, AUvetmom and anyone else, my temp has even exactly the same every morning since AF stopped. Save for one morning because I had my bff's daughter overnight and was up most that night with my DD or her DD. It has been 97.18 for 6 days total now. It seems weird to me! I've been looking at the chart gallery's and most people's fluctuate a little. I tested my thermometer and it does work. Could it be that I have an alarm set and take it at the same time every morning? It just seems weird to me.post #70 of 78812/10/12 at 6:42pmpost #71 of 78812/10/12 at 6:42pmugh, phone posting...
serenyd- don't sweat the coffee, one cup a day is totally fine for healthy women!
sparklmaman- sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. I ttc for 7 months for my first, and I remember being obsessive half my life that whole time. hang in there, and remember you have us to lean on with all those feelings. So many of us have or have had the same ones. FX for you special this month.
auvetmom- I lol when I read your comment about regimented sex and Co sleeping. My 22mo is in my bed most nights. Sex sure is a different game than it was5 years ago, with no kids, and much more booze/sleeping in.
afm, testing in the am, will update.post #72 of 78812/10/12 at 6:46pmpost #73 of 78812/10/12 at 6:47pmpost #74 of 78812/10/12 at 7:17pmpost #75 of 78812/10/12 at 7:26pmpost #76 of 78812/10/12 at 7:46pm
Sorry if this is TMI, but I had a thought ... is it possible my urine could have been too dilute? I peed in a cup to test (don't trust my aim!) and filled a full 16 oz with fmu (at 5 am) and about another 12 oz with smu (8 or 9 am). I used a FRER with the fmu and a Clear Blue Easy digital with the smu and both came back neg. What do you think I should do? I ordered some more FRERs but they won't be here until Wednesday and I wasn't planning to test until Thursday am.post #77 of 78812/11/12 at 2:33am
I see a line on that second test too Congrats and just in time for Christmas!!
I'm a bit concerned as all the opk's I've seen on here when positive seem to go VERY dark and mine doesn't, it goes just about as dark as the control line and one side of the test line is a bit darker but it's hard to tell. It doesn't go as dark as all your guys tests do ...any thoughts on that? Surely it is still a positive right? otherwise it wouldn't gradually get darker and darker then fade away the next day, it's still showing the LH surge right? I have temped this cycle and my temp went up by .2 after the positive opk for a few days, but some charts I've seen go up by .5. would it be worth me checking it with the digital opk's you guys are using too? to make sure. Anyone recommend any? and how many uses do you get out of them?
AFM 11 DPO today and expecting AF to be here tomorrow, all tests have been negative so far and I feel really discouraged seeing them so I decided not to test today, I'll just wait for AF instead.post #78 of 78812/11/12 at 6:34am
Good Morning, Mamas.
Emily11megan Thank you for your kind words.
Serenyd Like you, I have wondered a lot this month and last if I messed something up, if perhaps conception/implantation had occurred and this/these was/were a loss?
I stared at 5 days worth of BFNs before AF arrived, right on time, this morning. I was really confident that the O-like pinchy/pokey/crampy feelings I had last Tuesday and Wednesday (opposite side from where I know I O'd this month) were implantation. It seemed so right on timing-wise and not typical for me in the symptom spotting mode of the TWW. This is 7 months of consuming thoughts around TTC (and convincing myself each TWW, this is it!) and 5 months of diligently charting, OPK use and well timed BDing. I know this is NOTHING compared to the time many mamas here spend TTC. My DH has again (infuriatingly) changed his mind around this whole process. Knowing this made this month's TWW especially high stakes, so to speak.I know I said earlier I was feeling okay, or trying to feel okay, with all of it.Today I am not feeling okay with it. My DH has always been satisfied with the idea of having an only child, even before we were married. In fact, this was a huge source of contention just before we became engaged and then before we were married. I was clear this was a deal breaker for me, I knew I would NOT be content with only 1; I was thinking more of 4-5! He insisted he'd agree to and try for at least 2. To say I feel hurt, mislead, betrayed would all be understatements. So I find myself, once again, in a rather dark place this month. I keep trying to be okay with it, to accept that I am done and trying so hard to be grateful for all the privilege and blessings in my life. This is proving more difficult that I'd thought as I realize I can be both grateful and sad for the sense of less. A part of me does wonder if the Universe is sending me a message, that if with 5 months of well timed trying, it just isn't meant to be anyway. *Sigh* I am so sorry for the negative energy I am bringing this morning, this just sucks.post #79 of 78812/11/12 at 7:19am
From fmu today. Darker. Obviously there. I'm calling it, DH...maybe tomorrow :)
Now I'm kinda freaking out; anyone else have 3 kids under 5???
Sparklemaman- I'm so sorry about your emotional roller coaster. I don't have any advice for you, just sending lots of love and hoping you and dh can come to a good place together. (which means that he'll try some more) A loving woman like you deserves to have as many kids as they can, the world needs more wanted and loved kids. Hugs today!
post #80 of 78812/11/12 at 7:20amQuote:
Sorry for your loss. My partner and I have disagreed about family size before too. At rough times in our relationship he has made promises of more kids that he has taken back later. Very disappointing! Maybe your husband would agree to try "not trying but not avoiding" and if it happens, it happens?
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 12 minutes ago
- › Anyone in the Inland Empire? 24 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 44 minutes ago
- › November chat?? 54 minutes ago
- › For those of you who grew up with bad mothers 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Bottle Feeders; How Do You Deal With Guilt? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Symptoms decreasing? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Toddler hysterical all night 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Anyone else doing blood draws for hcg and progesterone? 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Baby girl name poll 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh