Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on Today at 3:56 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Trying To Conceive
- Possibly pregnant thoughts? Last post on Yesterday at 7:28 am in Trying To Conceive
- Sex two days prior ovulation. Last post on Yesterday at 6:23 am in Trying To Conceive
- Help me out ladies! Last post on 3/4/14 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
December TWW Thread - Page 36post #702 of 78812/31/12 at 8:55ampost #703 of 78812/31/12 at 9:16am
Dahlia- Your test hasn't gotten any darker? But you're still getting positive urine tests? Maybe the blood draw was a fluke because urine test can't detect (or shouldn't) over 20. I'm hoping that's the case... no bleeding right? What did the Dr say?
sparkle- sorry about your bfn, but yes it is still early and I didn't get mine until 11dpo and one of my pregnancies was 14dpo. YOu're not out! My ultrasound is not until 1/18. I'm very sure of my O date because I was charting. I also had a blood draw at 11dpo and it was only 20. So doubling time is 23 hours. I'm very nervous, not just about twins but that it can be a sign of a molar pregnancy (which I've had a partial in the past, very scary). If that's the case I can't try again for a year. I called again today to get my numbers because I thought maybe they told me wrong, but nope those are them. My dr doesn't seem concerned but she also doesn't know about the partial molar pregnancy as I am new with the office.
Blnhrt- Good luck tomorrow!!
AFM- Tomorrow is my oldest DS birthday, and he's kind of being a pain thinking he can leave the house a mess and order me around because "it's his birthday". Pffftttt he is really testing my nerves lol.
I'm probably driving my Dr crazy because I just wrote and asked for one last blood draw lol. I'm driving myself crazy. I need to relax.post #704 of 78812/31/12 at 9:47ampost #705 of 78812/31/12 at 9:55ampost #706 of 78812/31/12 at 9:57ampost #707 of 78812/31/12 at 10:16ampost #708 of 78812/31/12 at 10:38am
I don't know when I was/am truly supposed to get my period, since I completely stopped the pill in mid November (I took it pretty lazily in october but had a normal period that month), and the only resemblance of a period in November was very light and only lasted 2 or 3 days. I haven't had any bleeding whatsoever this month, and no period like cramps. Just the dull ones I've talked about before. When I had my doctor visit today, she did an exam which I assume she'd have noticed if I did seem to be pregnant... I mean, she didn't spend a lot of time down there haha.. no pap smear or anything, I guess she just checked my cervix?
I'm feeling really lost. Like I don't know what to do. Should I move on? Should I hold out hope for another week? I know I'm just going to be even more sad if/when the next blood test comes back negative. At least it wouldn't be such a shock though.
I was so attached to my little bubble baby already, ya know? So it really feels like this was all just ripped out of my hands. I'll try to find the test from yesterday to post a pic.. I threw them all away after the doctor visit though so I dunno if I can find it. It was clearly positive, or so I thought.
*sigh*post #709 of 78812/31/12 at 10:42am
I'm shocked she didn't order you a blood draw today. Boo. I hope all is well, yes please post pic.
Katie- 11dpo 20hcg 15dpo 654hcg
I'm a worry wart. I hate not working in OB anymore, they gave me whatever I wanted and an US whenever I wanted. I don't like being with all new insurance and in an office that knows nothing about my health history.
post #710 of 78812/31/12 at 10:47ampost #711 of 78812/31/12 at 10:47am
That stinks, dahlia. So she didn't say anything after the exam? I know around 5-6 weeks the uterus does start feeling fuller but before that there's not much change. I would feel the same way if I were in your shoes. I think you should hold out some hope, I mean those tests were positive (are, right?). But I see how maybe getting some distance might be a good idea. It really is amazing how quickly we can change the whole vision of our lives when we know we are pregnant. It's so normal and natural to get attached like that. So many hugs.post #712 of 78812/31/12 at 10:48ampost #713 of 78812/31/12 at 11:03ampost #714 of 78812/31/12 at 11:16am
Yeah. I just don't understand how my beta was so low. The doctor was really nice. They squeezed me in first thing this morning, no appt. But she seemed pretty hesitant to say that I could be pregnant. She wasn't originally going to have me get another hcg blood test, until I told her that I was tracking my O, so I knew exactly when it happened.. then she seemed to see why I wasn't buying the score of 5 and went ahead and added hcg to the list of tests. I guess I just have to wait. It hasn't been a good day.
I'm so happy to hear that your hcg is at a great level!! How are you and your daughter?post #715 of 78812/31/12 at 11:22ampost #716 of 78812/31/12 at 11:32am
Dahlia- That blood draw has to be wrong! Your level has to be over 5 to get that strong of a line. It's clearly there. I would call and ask for another blood draw today, but that's just me. No way I could wait a week. Unfortuanetly I can't say that it'll grow into a healthy baby, but I have high hope for you!
Mamamash- WOW I thought I had a high number!!! That makes me feel better!post #717 of 78812/31/12 at 11:43am
I think for now I'll just wait. It's been a rough day already, and we're trying to finish painting our bedroom too. I'll go on acting like I'm pregnant, but really trying not to be hopeful about it. I don't know how blood results could be wrong, just because I don't know how they do the blood test. My FRER line is much more faint than the blue one, but it's still there, and it's pink and showed up in the time frame. That was this morning. I think the FRER I used this morning was a little messed up though, because the control line is farther to the right than normal. Like the paper inside isn't in it's right place. Not that that would effect the darkness of the test line, but just saying, that test is a little wonky. I still have a Clearblue digi.. I'm too scared to use it though. Seeing the words not pregnant right now would not help.
I'm so sorry for being so self centered today. I am soo so happy for all of you getting your great beta results, and bfps!! I really truly am. You all are so deserving of your beautiful healthy babies!post #718 of 78812/31/12 at 12:05pm
Dahlia What a truly terribly rotten day!! I am so, so sorry. I am so sad. I too wish I could give you a hug in real life, just saying so doesn't seem enough!! Please rest and be kind to yourself. I agree with Countrybound, there is no way your HCG could be that low and still register a + on a HPT. I don't think I could possibly wait a week, I'd insist on earlier labs, but that's me. Did you ever find out about/see your doctor after the false positives last month? And you had negatives earlier this month, before 11 DPO, right? It is just so strange. Take care of yourself! And you've not been self centered at all, you are overwhelmed and sad!!
MamaMash Another overachiever!! That's exciting news.
to you all!! Happy New Year's!!post #719 of 78812/31/12 at 12:15pm
Dahlia, was the blood draw on Friday? The days are running together for me. If so, then by today it should be 10, which I would expect to possibly look like that on a test so maybe it's all ok. I hear you on stressing. I'm sure I would be too. Blech. Hugs.
Countrybound, wow that is some doubling for sure! I hear you on the nerves about a molar but I wouldn't worry yet. Give it time. Sometimes doubling time can be fast in the beginning and slow way down. Or multiples! ;)
Mamamash, congrats!post #720 of 78812/31/12 at 12:42pmThread Starter
Hello Ladies! Congratulations on all the BFP's this month! I hope everyone has a fertile new year! The new thread is up. Feel free to join us over there.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › time4learning, experiences with it? 1 minute ago
- › Finally decided 2 minutes ago
- › SLEEP ISSUES? You might want to read this! 3 minutes ago
- › Send me good vibes 9 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 11 minutes ago
- › New children's book to help older babies/toddlers gently wean from... 12 minutes ago
- › New children's book to help older babies/toddlers gently wean from... 12 minutes ago
- › Gestational diabetes test 28 minutes ago
- › Anybody thinking about their 'to do' list or 'to get' list before... 29 minutes ago
- › Hard water 34 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher