- 455 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on Today at 4:40 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Want to take pregnancy test! Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:16am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:31am in Trying To Conceive
December TWW Thread - Page 36
Dahlia- Your test hasn't gotten any darker? But you're still getting positive urine tests? Maybe the blood draw was a fluke because urine test can't detect (or shouldn't) over 20. I'm hoping that's the case... no bleeding right? What did the Dr say?
sparkle- sorry about your bfn, but yes it is still early and I didn't get mine until 11dpo and one of my pregnancies was 14dpo. YOu're not out! My ultrasound is not until 1/18. I'm very sure of my O date because I was charting. I also had a blood draw at 11dpo and it was only 20. So doubling time is 23 hours. I'm very nervous, not just about twins but that it can be a sign of a molar pregnancy (which I've had a partial in the past, very scary). If that's the case I can't try again for a year. I called again today to get my numbers because I thought maybe they told me wrong, but nope those are them. My dr doesn't seem concerned but she also doesn't know about the partial molar pregnancy as I am new with the office.
Blnhrt- Good luck tomorrow!!
AFM- Tomorrow is my oldest DS birthday, and he's kind of being a pain thinking he can leave the house a mess and order me around because "it's his birthday". Pffftttt he is really testing my nerves lol.
I'm probably driving my Dr crazy because I just wrote and asked for one last blood draw lol. I'm driving myself crazy. I need to relax.
I don't know when I was/am truly supposed to get my period, since I completely stopped the pill in mid November (I took it pretty lazily in october but had a normal period that month), and the only resemblance of a period in November was very light and only lasted 2 or 3 days. I haven't had any bleeding whatsoever this month, and no period like cramps. Just the dull ones I've talked about before. When I had my doctor visit today, she did an exam which I assume she'd have noticed if I did seem to be pregnant... I mean, she didn't spend a lot of time down there haha.. no pap smear or anything, I guess she just checked my cervix?
I'm feeling really lost. Like I don't know what to do. Should I move on? Should I hold out hope for another week? I know I'm just going to be even more sad if/when the next blood test comes back negative. At least it wouldn't be such a shock though.
I was so attached to my little bubble baby already, ya know? So it really feels like this was all just ripped out of my hands. I'll try to find the test from yesterday to post a pic.. I threw them all away after the doctor visit though so I dunno if I can find it. It was clearly positive, or so I thought.
I'm shocked she didn't order you a blood draw today. Boo. I hope all is well, yes please post pic.
Katie- 11dpo 20hcg 15dpo 654hcg
I'm a worry wart. I hate not working in OB anymore, they gave me whatever I wanted and an US whenever I wanted. I don't like being with all new insurance and in an office that knows nothing about my health history.
That stinks, dahlia. So she didn't say anything after the exam? I know around 5-6 weeks the uterus does start feeling fuller but before that there's not much change. I would feel the same way if I were in your shoes. I think you should hold out some hope, I mean those tests were positive (are, right?). But I see how maybe getting some distance might be a good idea. It really is amazing how quickly we can change the whole vision of our lives when we know we are pregnant. It's so normal and natural to get attached like that. So many hugs.
Yeah. I just don't understand how my beta was so low. The doctor was really nice. They squeezed me in first thing this morning, no appt. But she seemed pretty hesitant to say that I could be pregnant. She wasn't originally going to have me get another hcg blood test, until I told her that I was tracking my O, so I knew exactly when it happened.. then she seemed to see why I wasn't buying the score of 5 and went ahead and added hcg to the list of tests. I guess I just have to wait. It hasn't been a good day.
I'm so happy to hear that your hcg is at a great level!! How are you and your daughter?
Dahlia- That blood draw has to be wrong! Your level has to be over 5 to get that strong of a line. It's clearly there. I would call and ask for another blood draw today, but that's just me. No way I could wait a week. Unfortuanetly I can't say that it'll grow into a healthy baby, but I have high hope for you!
Mamamash- WOW I thought I had a high number!!! That makes me feel better!
I think for now I'll just wait. It's been a rough day already, and we're trying to finish painting our bedroom too. I'll go on acting like I'm pregnant, but really trying not to be hopeful about it. I don't know how blood results could be wrong, just because I don't know how they do the blood test. My FRER line is much more faint than the blue one, but it's still there, and it's pink and showed up in the time frame. That was this morning. I think the FRER I used this morning was a little messed up though, because the control line is farther to the right than normal. Like the paper inside isn't in it's right place. Not that that would effect the darkness of the test line, but just saying, that test is a little wonky. I still have a Clearblue digi.. I'm too scared to use it though. Seeing the words not pregnant right now would not help.
I'm so sorry for being so self centered today. I am soo so happy for all of you getting your great beta results, and bfps!! I really truly am. You all are so deserving of your beautiful healthy babies!
Dahlia What a truly terribly rotten day!! I am so, so sorry. I am so sad. I too wish I could give you a hug in real life, just saying so doesn't seem enough!! Please rest and be kind to yourself. I agree with Countrybound, there is no way your HCG could be that low and still register a + on a HPT. I don't think I could possibly wait a week, I'd insist on earlier labs, but that's me. Did you ever find out about/see your doctor after the false positives last month? And you had negatives earlier this month, before 11 DPO, right? It is just so strange. Take care of yourself! And you've not been self centered at all, you are overwhelmed and sad!!
MamaMash Another overachiever!! That's exciting news.
to you all!! Happy New Year's!!
Dahlia, was the blood draw on Friday? The days are running together for me. If so, then by today it should be 10, which I would expect to possibly look like that on a test so maybe it's all ok. I hear you on stressing. I'm sure I would be too. Blech. Hugs.
Countrybound, wow that is some doubling for sure! I hear you on the nerves about a molar but I wouldn't worry yet. Give it time. Sometimes doubling time can be fast in the beginning and slow way down. Or multiples! ;)
Hello Ladies! Congratulations on all the BFP's this month! I hope everyone has a fertile new year! The new thread is up. Feel free to join us over there.
- December TWW Thread
- › New Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive – We Need Your... 10 seconds ago
- › post-partum cycles 2 minutes ago
- › Does breastfeeding make travel easier? 3 minutes ago
- › The YMCA is not breastfeeding friendly 3 minutes ago
- › TTC-Panic cycle 4 minutes ago
- › LOTS of questions, help me figure out divorce... 7 minutes ago
- › The Belly Thread! 9 minutes ago
- › genetic testing 10 minutes ago
- › How old were you when you had your first baby? 10 minutes ago
- › whats the best elderberry syrup brand? 11 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Angel Baby - Milkmaid Tea, 16 tea bags by KaliShanti
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo