And I have no idea when I even ovulated, which has made this whole thing a bigger mess. I'll be tracking closer this month, so hopefully I won't have to deal with this again
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Long LH Surge Last post on Yesterday at 6:05 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Prenatals making me constipated? Last post on 12/6/13 at 2:51pm in Trying To Conceive
- New here and TTC #1. AF is late and needing some advice and answers! Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Trying to figure this charting thing out:) Last post on 12/6/13 at 4:22am in Trying To Conceive
- Am i pregnant ? Or is it something else ? Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:10am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
So many questions - Page 3post #41 of 6712/10/12 at 10:46ampost #42 of 6712/10/12 at 10:48ampost #43 of 6712/10/12 at 1:00pmThread Starter
Is this your first month trying? I know for me... this was the first month trying & I was tracking all of the changes during the syscle... but since I was still so unsure of what to expect... and not sure of what all to watch... that I wasn't certain when I actually ovulated... I didn't start actually checking Cervical position until 1/2 way through my cycle. I never got to check my BBT... But even what I was watching (CF only) was eye opening for me...
post #44 of 6712/10/12 at 4:01pm
yeah it's our first month trying. Basically, I stopped my birth control mid November, and we actively started trying at the end of the month close to Thanksgiving. I started tracking CM a little over a week ago, and am using OPK's, but haven't done anything involving cervical position.
Ready for tmi??
The last few days (possibly up to a week?) I had pretty much no CM, and today/a little yesterday it's been thick/creamy white. I know that CM will be clear and similar to egg whites (that comparison really grosses me out btw lol), when you're getting ready to ovulate, and I haven't had anything like that.
So there it all is for ya haha.. Thoughts? Should I just call this a bust at this point, and keep trying as December goes on? I've been feeling completely overwhemled by disappointment today, which I know is stupid since people have it WAY harder than I do at this point. It's just been such a horrible tease.post #45 of 6712/10/12 at 4:02pmpost #46 of 6712/10/12 at 6:24pm
I say don't count it as a bust until you get your period. I will say that when I came off birth control my cycles were whacky for three months or so. The first month I had a 60 day cycle, so I completely missed a period basically. The next cycle was really short. The following cycle it was just about regular and has been ever since. It might take you a while to regulate.post #47 of 6712/11/12 at 6:57amThread Starter
I agree with oliversmommy... I wouldn't call it bust until you get your period...
I also was a little wacky after I came off the pill... my cycle was fluctuating since I came off the pill 1 year and 1 month ago (Oct 2011) - anywhere from a 29 day cycle to a 52 day cycle. My first month off the pill was only 33 days... but then I was all over the place. Heck... I think this last one was only 28 days (I only had anything under 33 once in that whole year - and that was that 29 day one back in like month 3 after stopping)...
I also didn't have a really noticeable "egg white" CM (I also really dislike that comparison - my sister-in-law & I both call it the "snot" consistency stage). I noticed the egg white only one day - and only one time during that one day. I was thinking I was losing it in "noticing" it... THEN to make matters worse for me... I noticed the egg white again a week later - again for only one day. (I later read that could be completely normal as your estrogen levels increase to prep for implantation).
I am sure you were pretty much every 28 days while on the pill (since that's what the pill does)... but you really don't know what *your* cycle is yet... But even on 28 days... I wonder if you are still testing kind of early - with coming off the pill mid-November... The first day of my last period was Nov 7 (O would have been Nov 21-ish on 28 day cycle - which BTW was the one day I got egg white) and I *just* got my positive on Thursday (on a 28 day cycle, my period would have been due Dec 5).
I would certainly keep positive... You had some faint +... and you didn't get AF yet... There are a lot of variables that can throw off when you "expect" things right now for you...
And we'll keep throwing baby thoughts your way!post #48 of 6712/11/12 at 8:34ampost #49 of 6712/11/12 at 9:40am
I'm going to keep testing since I'm an addcit, but will try not to mention it to my husband this time.. I got way too invested too fast, I think. I got our hopes so high. I'll be using the inexpensive Wondfo test strips though! Not gonna drop all that money on the storebought ones at this point!post #50 of 6712/11/12 at 10:41ampost #51 of 6712/11/12 at 10:50amThread Starter
It arrived today... I haven't opened it yet to make it shipped all OK, but it's from Lennox - I trust they are very good with their packaging. :)
I have been very impatiently waiting my lab results today... *sigh*... No phone call yet. I am thinking of calling them... I just cannot be patient!
post #52 of 6712/11/12 at 10:57ampost #53 of 6712/11/12 at 11:19amThread Starter
The nausea is better so far this week. It had gotten pretty bad last week (but thankfully no vomiting). But nothing really to speak of this week other than the occasional motion sickness while driving home in the dark from work (never had motion sickness before). Learning what helps & what doesn't... Today I woke up with a wicked case of post nasal drip, complete with super-scratchy, super-sore throat. And holy cow do my boobs hurt!post #54 of 6712/11/12 at 11:23amThread Starter
I hate waiting for lab results... You'd think I'd be better at waiting by now after 13 years of bloodwork every 3 months for my thyroid... nope! I should not have to call for the results after they don't call when they tell me when they'll be ready... UGH!!!!! Only left a message. Double-UGH!post #55 of 6712/11/12 at 11:25ampost #56 of 6712/11/12 at 11:34ampost #57 of 6712/11/12 at 12:24pmThread Starterpost #58 of 6712/11/12 at 5:10pm
Okay this thread is giving me baby fever like crazy! lol. I never thought I would be anxious to try again. It took us a year last time and that year was filled with a lot of nerves and heartache. LO is only 8 months old but hearing you two talk about all this TTC stuff is giving me the itch!
Congrats Hermes! That's awesome. This was your first month trying right? You're so lucky! Congrats :) What helped me with my MS is never letting myself get hungry. Easier said then done when you have no appetite right? I would wake up in the middle of the night two or three times (to pee of course) and eat a handfull of crackers or a granola bar. I also kept plain cheerios in my purse and at my desk at work. Sometimes morning sickness is worse with blood sugar fluctuations so the idea is if you keep your sugar levels stable it won't be so bad. Seemed to work for me!
Dahlia, are you getting positives on the Wondfo tests too? Those things are crazy sensitive.post #59 of 6712/12/12 at 5:57ampost #60 of 6712/12/12 at 6:27amThread Starter
Thanks so much! Yeah... only my first month trying. I am still in shock as I really thought it would take me forever to get pregnant. Everyone I know took at least a year (or more in some cases). And I also have a thyroid condition (Hasimotos - which puts me mostly hypo) which was supposed to make this more difficult...
The MS has been on-and-off for me which is making it a little harder to figure out what is working at calming it versus what doesn't do anything at all to help... So far I've figured that it seems like proteins help me. And I keep drinking water (which was always a rarity for me, but I've been really *wanting* water). Yesterday, I went all day without even a twinge of queezy... Today I woke up feeling all sorts of awful - plus a very sore & scratchy throat from post nasal drop (which I am sure will also contribute to nausea-feeling). Hardly slept a wink last night since my throat was so scratch, then woke up twice to go pee, and woke up once feeling like I was drowning from my PND. That, I could have done without.
I wanted to snack on something this AM to try to calm my stomach a bit, but opted for a cough drop instead... I have been craving peanuts like crazy - but that & water have been my only cravings. Haha... I picked up Planters peanuts this am, but knew that they wouldn't squelch my craving... My In-laws live in Williamsburg, VA & they always get us fresh Virginia peanuts... Nothing beat them. *That's* what I am craving. I told husband to tell his mom to send peanuts ASAP! I thught about doing the Cheerios. I love my Apple Cinnamon ones (and yes, still love them). I keep Cheez-Its at my desk and other crackers (and now Planters peanuts)... I also usually have candy, which I've noticed can help the MS sometimes (probably goes back to that sugar level thing yuo mentioned).
Now I look forward to my first appointment at week 9: Jan 15.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › More on the topic of baby stuff 2 minutes ago
- › Unwanted Baby Gifts 12 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 43 minutes ago
- › 3 year old won't eat anything remotely healthy. 47 minutes ago
- › Shameless Cute Baby Thread 48 minutes ago
- › Please help! Oppositional defiance disorder and homeschooling 51 minutes ago
- › help me advocate for my son to be accelerated for science (4th... 56 minutes ago
- › Baby #6 born unassisted at 37 weeks, 3 days 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › The Master Tonic 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo