- topicMindful Home
Related Forum Threads
- Should I save these mattresses? Last post on 5/17/13 at 5:29pm in The Mindful Home
- best home fragrance? Last post on 5/15/13 at 9:25pm in The Mindful Home
- Homemade fly traps?.. Last post on 5/9/13 at 12:14pm in The Mindful Home
- Carpet -- plan to sell, but might not -- need advice Last post on 5/6/13 at 4:24pm in The Mindful Home
- Anyone living in a "tiny house?" Last post on 5/7/13 at 8:35am in The Mindful Home
Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a Parent
Edited on 3/14/13
- Easy Ways to Green Your LifeEdited on 1/26/13
- What if Reducing Your Carbon Emissions by Cloth Diapering, Baking...Edited on 3/7/13
- The Impact of No Impact ManEdited on 3/7/13
- Win a set of stainless steel lunch containers from LunchBots!Edited on 1/7/13
Homebrew Grout Sealer?post #1 of 411/30/12 at 3:46pmThread Starterpost #2 of 412/3/12 at 9:13ampost #3 of 412/5/12 at 7:15pmThread Starter
Thanks for that info! I checked them out, but since I already have the materials...
Preliminary results are in:
I mixed a 1:1 ratio of citra-solve & silicone... it looked *very* thick & not at all like it would penetrate the grout as desired, so I didn't even test it on grout; instead I added another part citra-solve.
I tried (on scrap) the following ratios (citra-solve:silicone)
ALL of them penetrated the grout, and all appear to repel/bead water after they set. I will test more after some more curing time. IMO, the 3:1 ratio looks most promising.
Will update more after further tests.
Thanks!post #4 of 412/7/12 at 4:38pmThread Starter
OK-- the 5:1 and 4:1 seemed to penetrate about 1/16" into the grout (like typical penetrating sealers).
The 3:1 and 2:1 both seemed to sink in very little and mostly sit on top (like typical silicone sealers).
They all cured fine and all repel/ bead standing water for hours/ overnight.
I think to make assurance doubly sure, I'll do 5:1 followed by 2:1 on my actual project. HTH any other dyi moms C:
- Homebrew Grout Sealer?
- Easy Ways to Green Your Life
- › Best (or worst) comments made so far? 31 seconds ago
- › Military STBX and Medical/Tricare Custody 1 minute ago
- › Athletic mamas? 3 minutes ago
- › No Fooling! 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 8.0... 4 minutes ago
- › More than 50% of the time, Rude, Moody, Mean ELEVEN Year old Girl. 10 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chat Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Let's have some introductions! 13 minutes ago
- › Camping Mamas - it's finally spring! 14 minutes ago
- › DH wants to send DSS to live with his mom :( 14 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 15 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by SmilinMomma
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11