- topicMindful Hometagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can we see your Christmas tree? Last post on 12/19/13 at 9:39pm in The Mindful Home
- How do you get your family to clean up after themselves? Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in The Mindful Home
- Agonizing over Christmas gifts for kids!!! Last post on 12/13/13 at 12:32pm in The Mindful Home
- Great gift wrap ideas Last post on 12/19/13 at 12:41pm in The Mindful Home
- Food grade popsicle sticks (not MIC) Last post on 12/7/13 at 6:48pm in The Mindful Home
The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy Crayons
Last edited: 8/8/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
- Easy Ways to Green Your LifeLast edited: 1/26/13
- What if Reducing Your Carbon Emissions by Cloth Diapering, Baking...Last edited: 3/7/13
- The Impact of No Impact ManLast edited: 3/7/13
Homebrew Grout Sealer?post #1 of 411/30/12 at 3:46pmThread Starterpost #2 of 412/3/12 at 9:13ampost #3 of 412/5/12 at 7:15pmThread Starter
Thanks for that info! I checked them out, but since I already have the materials...
Preliminary results are in:
I mixed a 1:1 ratio of citra-solve & silicone... it looked *very* thick & not at all like it would penetrate the grout as desired, so I didn't even test it on grout; instead I added another part citra-solve.
I tried (on scrap) the following ratios (citra-solve:silicone)
ALL of them penetrated the grout, and all appear to repel/bead water after they set. I will test more after some more curing time. IMO, the 3:1 ratio looks most promising.
Will update more after further tests.
Thanks!post #4 of 412/7/12 at 4:38pmThread Starter
OK-- the 5:1 and 4:1 seemed to penetrate about 1/16" into the grout (like typical penetrating sealers).
The 3:1 and 2:1 both seemed to sink in very little and mostly sit on top (like typical silicone sealers).
They all cured fine and all repel/ bead standing water for hours/ overnight.
I think to make assurance doubly sure, I'll do 5:1 followed by 2:1 on my actual project. HTH any other dyi moms C:
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a Parent
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 7 minutes ago
- › July's Jubilantly Jovial DDC Roster 9 minutes ago
- › Stocking Stuffers! 20 minutes ago
- › December -- What did you accomplish today? 21 minutes ago
- › I put my foot in my mouth...come and let me have it! 22 minutes ago
- › Travel/occasional use seat help 23 minutes ago
- › December chat - those still hanging around! 28 minutes ago
- › Rolling and co sleeping 36 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting October, November & December 2013! 42 minutes ago
- › Who's wearing maternity clothes? 53 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh