- topicMindful Hometagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- What are some good resources to rewire my brain away from a consumerist mentality? Last post on Yesterday at 4:42 pm in The Mindful Home
- Kitchen cloth leaving greasy reside in washer Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:11pm in The Mindful Home
- NIH seeking comments on design of the National Children's Study (NCS). Deadline 24 February... Last post on 2/19/14 at 3:38am in The Mindful Home
- Where to buy chemical free foam for sofa? Last post on 2/14/14 at 2:49pm in The Mindful Home
- Electromagnetic Radiation considerations for relocating Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:38am in The Mindful Home
The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy Crayons
Last edited: 8/8/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
- Easy Ways to Green Your LifeLast edited: 1/26/13
- What if Reducing Your Carbon Emissions by Cloth Diapering, Baking...Last edited: 3/7/13
- The Impact of No Impact ManLast edited: 3/7/13
Homebrew Grout Sealer?post #1 of 411/30/12 at 3:46pmThread Starterpost #2 of 412/3/12 at 9:13ampost #3 of 412/5/12 at 7:15pmThread Starter
Thanks for that info! I checked them out, but since I already have the materials...
Preliminary results are in:
I mixed a 1:1 ratio of citra-solve & silicone... it looked *very* thick & not at all like it would penetrate the grout as desired, so I didn't even test it on grout; instead I added another part citra-solve.
I tried (on scrap) the following ratios (citra-solve:silicone)
ALL of them penetrated the grout, and all appear to repel/bead water after they set. I will test more after some more curing time. IMO, the 3:1 ratio looks most promising.
Will update more after further tests.
Thanks!post #4 of 412/7/12 at 4:38pmThread Starter
OK-- the 5:1 and 4:1 seemed to penetrate about 1/16" into the grout (like typical penetrating sealers).
The 3:1 and 2:1 both seemed to sink in very little and mostly sit on top (like typical silicone sealers).
They all cured fine and all repel/ bead standing water for hours/ overnight.
I think to make assurance doubly sure, I'll do 5:1 followed by 2:1 on my actual project. HTH any other dyi moms C:
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a Parent
- › Saving My Back - How do moms keep from tweaking their backs? 1 minute ago
- › baby arching back 5 minutes ago
- › How the CDC (and Dorit Reiss) Hyped Risk of Childhood Hep B... 5 minutes ago
- › Temping question 8 minutes ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 11 minutes ago
- › 16 weeks and fundus above belly button! 12 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 12 minutes ago
- › CPS whistleblower (video) 13 minutes ago
- › What do you do when your baby is little? 14 minutes ago
- › Baby arches her back a lot...what is that? 16 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher
- › The Myth of "Pretty" Birth by Sarah Clark