or Connect
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › December Chat Thread

December Chat Thread - Page 12

post #221 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanmomma View Post

I woke up to the sound of wrapping paper being played with, figured it was the cat scratching at a roll or at presents, and went back to sleep.. not even 5 minutes later Sylas runs into my room, jumps on me and starts screaming "POOH! POOH! POOH!" with his new Pooh Bear in his hands singing and talking to me. I asked him if that was the only present he opened, he said yes, and I told him we had to go put it back under the tree and he could play with it when he woke up... go out to the living room and EVERY. SINGLE. PRESENT was open. OMFG.... salvaged the wrapping paper that I could, but a lot of our presents went from being wrapped nicely to either looking mangy or having patches of different wrapping paper on it because I didn't have much extra wrapping paper. UGH!

Oh No!

So not funny at the time (I imagine) but that will be a good one to tell at family dinners when he's older!

post #222 of 261

I was supposed to have a prenatal appointment today, but our county was under travel warning, no driving unless emergency, so I called and let them know I wouldn't be able to come. So they called this afternoon, and first of all, DF answered the phone, and as soon as he answered, they said "This girl's phone isn't working." and hung up on him. So I go to my mom's (lives right next door), and she told me that the doctor's office called, because our phone wasn't working, and rescheduled me for next Friday. I called them immediately, and told them I won't be able to come on Friday the 4th, because I am going out of town, for about a week. She said that there weren't any other appointments available. I was like, "Then we can do it later." She said that would make it too far out, and would "mess up" the schedule of appointments, and they really need to see me before I go on trip, and give me paperwork, and yada yada, and "was there any way that I could have come in? Could I have gotten a ride?" I said no, because the roads were complete ice, there was a travel advisory for only emergency personnel (which has since been lifted, but was still in effect five hours ago, when I would have needed to leave). She said with a *very* nasty attitude, "There was no travel advisory." I said, "Um, yes, there was. I don't *live* in M County, I live in H County." She just kept saying, "Well, you really need to come in, you're going to mess up the schedule. You can't mess up the schedule." I didn't know what to do, since I *cannot* change the plans I have now, it's a fairly urgent matter I need to deal with, so she finally begrudgingly told me to come in on the 16th, and "We'll see what we can do." irked.gif

 

Then, I get off the phone, and I was angry, and I said, "What about when they didn't do every "x" amount appointments, and people just *had their babies*???" and my mom said, "Well, a lot of those babies died." irked.gifgreensad.gifjaw.gif Like just because I miss one appointment, my baby is going to die! (She also said I might suffocate the baby if I wear it during the summer, "The baby will get too hot, and it will suffocate. You should just get a stroller with a shade." and when I said something about not caring for the treatment/care I was/am receiving, and wishing I could go to birth center, where I would have a lot more options, and wouldn't be pressured to stay for "x" amount of time, she said, "Well, there's a lot of fatal stuff that can happen to babies within the first 24-48 hours that you wouldn't be able to do anything about if you weren't at hospital.")

 

I'm so sick of people treating me like I don't care about this baby, or that I'm not doing the right things. I'm not doing things I think are risky, I don't see it as a tragedy/emergency if I don't see the doctor every 4 weeks, baby is moving well, I don't see why everyone has to act like I'm *trying* to kill/hurt the baby, or that I'm not doing/trying to do what I think is best. I came home crying, and DF got furious (and I am very angry/upset, too). He went to call the office/human resources/whatever it's called who you talk to when there's something wrong, and tell them that the receptionist/nurse/whoever was *very* rude, and that I/we have been trying to comply with their guidelines, but that I was treated very disrespectfully when I was doing everything I could to accommodate *them*, and tell them that if something doesn't change, then we will be considering moving my/our care elsewhere. (Not mentioning that we have been researching other options already, for other issues. This has cemented our plans.)

 

I just wish I had more "crunchy" friends in real life that I could talk to, so I'm not always on the computer to talk to you ladies. (Even though y'all are an awesome bunch of ladies!)

post #223 of 261

I don't see the point in seeing the doc exactly every 4 weeks either! My last appt I waited 45 minutes to see my midwife for FIVE minutes. Waste of my time. All she did was listen to the heartbeat. I had an appt today and again waited over an hour to see her for maybe 10 minutes. And again all she did was listen to the heartbeat. Sure, the nurst takes my blood pressure and they do a urine sample, but it really is pointless.

 

We got approved for our apartment and we move in January 26th. So excited to out on our own again! Its really close to DH's work too.

 

My DH finally got to feel the baby move yesterday at over 22 weeks. I feel the baby move all the time, but when I tell him to feel, it stops moving so he was happy he finally felt it. I'm just waiting for when my kids get to feel the baby. Speaking of baby everyone keeps talking about how this baby needs to be a girl, since I already have 2 boys. But I honestly would love another boy. I mean I won't be mad or dissappointed if its a girl, that would be fine. But if I'm hoping for one over the other - its all boy for me.

post #224 of 261

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, too. My appointment was supposed to be at 9:45, but just like always, I sat in the waiting room for almost an hour waiting to be seen for about 15 minutes. I agree that it's ridiculous to be seen every four weeks when all that they do at appointments are listen to the heartbeat and check your urine. I have to go back at the end of the month for my sugar test. I can honestly say that I'm afraid! I eat way too many sweets! 
 

I scored an AWESOME deal yesterday. I have a cousin who I don't know super well, but we speak if we see each other out somewhere. His girlfriend cloth diapers their son and had mentioned trying to find some cloth pull-ups for him when I saw her last. Just out of curiosity, I text her and asked if she was planning to keep her cloth stash in case they had another child. She told me that she was still using most of them except for several that no longer fit her little chunky boy. They're the one size fits all AIO's and I'm not sure what brand, but I can't pass up what she offered them to me for. She said that she would be willing to sell FIVE diapers to me for $20!! I'm so thrilled! I plan to get at least 25 diapers, but I was excited because they are so expensive to buy initially. 

 

I had an awesome Christmas. On Christmas Eve, I had to run to Wal*mart to get a couple of last minute things for DH. I had gotten him a blu-ray player and wanted to get a few more movies to go with it. When I checked out, I grabbed a gift card and asked the cashier to put $20 on it. No one was behind me in line, as I was there at 8 AM, but I hopped over to the next register where a man and his two children were checking out. I handed him the gift card and said "Merry Christmas." My heart has never been as warm as it was at that moment, when that man hugged me and started crying, explaining how hard this Christmas had been for his family and thanking me, referring to me as an "angel." That was enough to make my entire Christmas worth while. 

post #225 of 261

I can not believe you were treated that way bmcneal. That is absolutely uncalled for and I do hope that you were able to put in a formal complaint. If your blood pressure has been fine, baby is moving regularly and you don't have any risk factors for anything strange, the "every 4 week" rule is completely arbitrary. I say my MW at 14.6 weeks and then for a number of reasons wasn't able to get seen again until 24w. (I missed my 20w apt and didn't bother to reschedule it, just waited for the next one) I'm fine, baby is fine, all is well.

 

And don't beat yourself up over the choices you're making - you're making the decisions that are right for you and your baby. Hang in there!

post #226 of 261

Awww Bambi, that's so freakin' sweet :) I'm glad that he got a bit of relief over the holiday season, I'm sure you helped him get his kids a gift they wanted or relieved some pressure on necessities that they needed but put on the back burner heartbeat.gif

bmcneal, people just seem to think they can say ANYTHING to a pregnant woman and it's ok, because well, they're pregnant. UGH, I'm sure any sane parent wouldn't make a choice that would knowingly put their baby in danger, idk why people can't get it through their thick heads that probably 99% of all homebirthers/birth center mamas DON'T decide to go that route if they are high risk, they transfer if necessary, etc. 

post #227 of 261

I've seen Baby Boy moving two times now...it's weird because they're smooth movements (I think he's rolling over) so I don't *feel* them, but I can see my stomach changing shape. It's weird.

 

Went and saw The Hobbit with DH today for our 7th anniversary. We saw it in Imax 3D, but it was filmed in a higher than normal frame rate, which actually made it look fake or low-budget...like watching a made for TV movie or something. It was weird. Martin Freeman was brilliant though. I have a little crush on him (and Benedict Cumberbatch). The real story though is that I managed to sit through a full Peter Jackson movie (even having a large soda) and didn't have to leave to pee! Poor DP had to get up and use the bathroom twice. lol

 

bmcneal: That's ridiculous. Just totally rude.

post #228 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambihelton View Post
I had an awesome Christmas. On Christmas Eve, I had to run to Wal*mart to get a couple of last minute things for DH. I had gotten him a blu-ray player and wanted to get a few more movies to go with it. When I checked out, I grabbed a gift card and asked the cashier to put $20 on it. No one was behind me in line, as I was there at 8 AM, but I hopped over to the next register where a man and his two children were checking out. I handed him the gift card and said "Merry Christmas." My heart has never been as warm as it was at that moment, when that man hugged me and started crying, explaining how hard this Christmas had been for his family and thanking me, referring to me as an "angel." That was enough to make my entire Christmas worth while. 

 

What a truly lovely thing to do Bambi! And what an awesome deal on the diapers!

post #229 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMam View Post

I've seen Baby Boy moving two times now...it's weird because they're smooth movements (I think he's rolling over) so I don't *feel* them, but I can see my stomach changing shape. It's weird.

 

Went and saw The Hobbit with DH today for our 7th anniversary. We saw it in Imax 3D, but it was filmed in a higher than normal frame rate, which actually made it look fake or low-budget...like watching a made for TV movie or something. It was weird. Martin Freeman was brilliant though. I have a little crush on him (and Benedict Cumberbatch). The real story though is that I managed to sit through a full Peter Jackson movie (even having a large soda) and didn't have to leave to pee! Poor DP had to get up and use the bathroom twice. lol

 

bmcneal: That's ridiculous. Just totally rude.

 

We went and saw the Hobbit for Christmas (family tradition thumb.gif ) but I refuse to see the movies in 3D - they give me a headache. I absolutely adore Ian McKellan and agree that the rest of the cast did a great job as well. Killie was played by Aiden Turner who also plays the vampire in the BBC version of Being Human and he's great! I was excited to see him in a less serious roll. (Super geek crush on him lol) Dh & my 13 year old also had to get up to pee but me, the 8yo and 4yo all made it through (just barely for me though, lol!)

post #230 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMam View Post

I've seen Baby Boy moving two times now...it's weird because they're smooth movements (I think he's rolling over) so I don't *feel* them, but I can see my stomach changing shape. It's weird.

 

Went and saw The Hobbit with DH today for our 7th anniversary. We saw it in Imax 3D, but it was filmed in a higher than normal frame rate, which actually made it look fake or low-budget...like watching a made for TV movie or something. It was weird. Martin Freeman was brilliant though. I have a little crush on him (and Benedict Cumberbatch). The real story though is that I managed to sit through a full Peter Jackson movie (even having a large soda) and didn't have to leave to pee! Poor DP had to get up and use the bathroom twice. lol

 

bmcneal: That's ridiculous. Just totally rude.

 

Isn't that so weird? I sometimes see NB moving, but not always feel it. I don't know what the Hobbit is hide.gif but it sounds like you had fun.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambihelton View Post

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, too. My appointment was supposed to be at 9:45, but just like always, I sat in the waiting room for almost an hour waiting to be seen for about 15 minutes. I agree that it's ridiculous to be seen every four weeks when all that they do at appointments are listen to the heartbeat and check your urine. I have to go back at the end of the month for my sugar test. I can honestly say that I'm afraid! I eat way too many sweets! 
 

I scored an AWESOME deal yesterday. I have a cousin who I don't know super well, but we speak if we see each other out somewhere. His girlfriend cloth diapers their son and had mentioned trying to find some cloth pull-ups for him when I saw her last. Just out of curiosity, I text her and asked if she was planning to keep her cloth stash in case they had another child. She told me that she was still using most of them except for several that no longer fit her little chunky boy. They're the one size fits all AIO's and I'm not sure what brand, but I can't pass up what she offered them to me for. She said that she would be willing to sell FIVE diapers to me for $20!! I'm so thrilled! I plan to get at least 25 diapers, but I was excited because they are so expensive to buy initially. 

 

I had an awesome Christmas. On Christmas Eve, I had to run to Wal*mart to get a couple of last minute things for DH. I had gotten him a blu-ray player and wanted to get a few more movies to go with it. When I checked out, I grabbed a gift card and asked the cashier to put $20 on it. No one was behind me in line, as I was there at 8 AM, but I hopped over to the next register where a man and his two children were checking out. I handed him the gift card and said "Merry Christmas." My heart has never been as warm as it was at that moment, when that man hugged me and started crying, explaining how hard this Christmas had been for his family and thanking me, referring to me as an "angel." That was enough to make my entire Christmas worth while. 

 

That's so sweet, bambi! I love doing things like that, and love hearing about people doing things like that! Bringing my faith back to humanity. orngbiggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firespiritmelody View Post

 

We went and saw the Hobbit for Christmas (family tradition thumb.gif ) but I refuse to see the movies in 3D - they give me a headache. I absolutely adore Ian McKellan and agree that the rest of the cast did a great job as well. Killie was played by Aiden Turner who also plays the vampire in the BBC version of Being Human and he's great! I was excited to see him in a less serious roll. (Super geek crush on him lol) Dh & my 13 year old also had to get up to pee but me, the 8yo and 4yo all made it through (just barely for me though, lol!)

 

I haven't seen movies in 3D since I was in grade school. I thought it would be interesting, though.

post #231 of 261

I have been craving biscuits something fierce *all* day. I made some earlier, and ate 4, and I still want more. I was looking online for recipes for biscuits, and I found one that sounds/looks really tasty, and it had 100+ pictures of various posters biscuits. I was drooling over them, and DF asked what I was doing. I said looking at biscuits, and he said it sounded like porn for pregnant ladies. orngtongue.gif

post #232 of 261

I am excited and had to share.. I Have been feeling movement here and there over the last few weeks.. and my guess was kicks .. but tonight was a Real kick.. I had my hand on my stomach where Baby B was and all of a sudden a nice strong kick.. He did a few times.. Funny because he is supposed to be the smallest :) I feel Baby C moving around... but baby A.. hes nice and low and hes mostly our chill baby... Its weird to have all sorts of kicking from different spots .. I think I am going to end up a punching bag for these boys...

Sadly DP was not home to feel this kick.. I am hoping they keep it up so she can feel them as well!!!  

 

We go for a growth ultrasound tomorrow ( 26 weeks ) 

 

 

Bambi..that is very sweet.. I love doing stuff like that.. and appreciate when others have a giving heart~!

 

in other news.. I am on "bed rest"  it is modified and I can still get up and do things.. but its been a week and I am getting bored.. and I am really big now.. so its hard to do much of anything.. Luckily DP is home this week and part of next.. .... 

post #233 of 261

I got 4 Alva NB diapers for $15, only one had been worn and that was once. They seem like really nice diapers :) I'm so excited to cloth from day 1 with Callie..I started cloth with Sylas around a month or two and Autumn at 6 months, but I don't remember the diapers being sooooooooooo little!

So far for Callie's stash I have 2 covers, the 4 Alva's, 2 AIO's, and am going to get 4 more covers and 2 dozen GMD prefolds :) I also have an insane collection of OS pocket diapers, but even on the smallest setting size they didn't fit Sylas for 2-3 months(and he was HUGE). It's unreal that in 13 weeks I can safely have a new baby in the house.. does anyone else think just how...soon it can all happen?!

post #234 of 261

I took DF to an urgent care dentist today, he's got a cracked tooth that's been bothering him, along with various other dental problems. They took him back for x-rays, and when they were done, they called me back. The dentist said he thinks DF might have oral cancer. They are going to schedule an appointment with an oral surgeon to take a biopsy and let us know. I heard that, and I started feeling sick. DF is worried sick, as am I. We aren't going to tell the kids, just in case it's not, but if it is... I'm just hoping it's not.

 

Other than that, which put us into shock, and left DF not quite able to focus on the rest of the necessary work, they explained the different options there are, and they were/are all expensive, everything at least $1000 out of pocket, after $1500 his insurance from work will cover. So... that's probably going to be our first big planning expense for 2013, aside from the few things we're getting for NB.

post #235 of 261

bmcneal what a day for you all.  I pray that the cancer issue will be a scare and no more.  I can't imagine worrying over all that.  :(

 

I am pretty darn sure 3 of my kids have whooping cough.  Ugh.  I am guessing my older daughter and I had it last month when we were both sick and coughing.  So there's not much sleep going on around my house since they are up every hour or two during the night still!!  They are doing fine but it is exhausting for everyone!  The good news is that I won't have to worry when baby comes because everyone will obviously be immune.  It's been going around our area and the vast majority of cases have been amongst vaccinated kids/adults so we were actually planning to get the shots before baby came but now it is not needed and they will have much stronger immunity.  FWIW I and my eldest who got it in the first place have had the shot in the past.  I'm honestly not sure if my youngest (he's 2) had it when I did, just mildly, or he's getting it now.  He has a bit of a cough so he might be in the earlier stages.  Fortunately I do have homeopathy at my disposal which I have used for many many years so we will get through it without much trouble.  I've kept them home while they've been sick so no worries there for others.

post #236 of 261
I haven't been here to update in a while... Almost 27 weeks (on Monday) I seriously can't believe that come Monday I will have been on strict bed rest for 9 WEEKS! Wow. And I have 9 weeks to go... Christmas Day was ere try stressful, I was contracting off and on all day and by the evening they were getting I painful, so DH rushed me to L&D... Ugh I had to sit there on monitors for almost 4 hours while they pushed like 5 bags of fluids and some mag. And the contractions finally subsided. I went añd saw my high risk OB yesterday and my cervix hadn't made any real change and the stitch is still holding... Thank goodness! We have been getting things together for baby. I have this feeling she will be early, and this major urge to get everything ready in the next few weeks... I just pray she doesn't come before 32 weeks as my dr said that shld be my first goal as premies born after 32 weeks do a lot better than those born before... I'm trying not to stress abt it but its hard...

Hope everyone else had a great holiday!
post #237 of 261
Beanbean that sounds so stressful! Good vibes foe your bb to stay inside!

We canceled out internet and went on a tight budget a few wks ago. Too many car repairs. So I can check on my pho e and read but updating is a pita. I'm reading along tho.

We had a follow up u/s today and decided to find out the sex after all. A girl! I'm glad to know as it makes sorting handmediwns easier but I feel like I shouldn't have cracked ans wanted to know. I'm just being weird tho lol
post #238 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by at_the_hip View Post

bmcneal what a day for you all.  I pray that the cancer issue will be a scare and no more.  I can't imagine worrying over all that.  :(

 

I am pretty darn sure 3 of my kids have whooping cough.  Ugh.  I am guessing my older daughter and I had it last month when we were both sick and coughing.  So there's not much sleep going on around my house since they are up every hour or two during the night still!!  They are doing fine but it is exhausting for everyone!  The good news is that I won't have to worry when baby comes because everyone will obviously be immune.  It's been going around our area and the vast majority of cases have been amongst vaccinated kids/adults so we were actually planning to get the shots before baby came but now it is not needed and they will have much stronger immunity.  FWIW I and my eldest who got it in the first place have had the shot in the past.  I'm honestly not sure if my youngest (he's 2) had it when I did, just mildly, or he's getting it now.  He has a bit of a cough so he might be in the earlier stages.  Fortunately I do have homeopathy at my disposal which I have used for many many years so we will get through it without much trouble.  I've kept them home while they've been sick so no worries there for others.

 

Thank you. On the way home, I/we just kept going back and forth between, "It's not cancer, it can't be cancer." and, "Even if it *is* cancer, it's not one that spreads/is very aggressive, so they will/should be able to just remove it, and all will be well." And then later, DF was like, "Well, if they *do* have to remove it (any of his lower jaw) I could get a metal one!" duh.gif (Although good to see he was/is trying to be somewhat optimistic? when he's usually very pessimistic.)

 

I hope y'all get to feeling better. It sucks when everyone/most of your family is sick. :(

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanBean06 View Post

I haven't been here to update in a while... Almost 27 weeks (on Monday) I seriously can't believe that come Monday I will have been on strict bed rest for 9 WEEKS! Wow. And I have 9 weeks to go... Christmas Day was ere try stressful, I was contracting off and on all day and by the evening they were getting I painful, so DH rushed me to L&D... Ugh I had to sit there on monitors for almost 4 hours while they pushed like 5 bags of fluids and some mag. And the contractions finally subsided. I went añd saw my high risk OB yesterday and my cervix hadn't made any real change and the stitch is still holding... Thank goodness! We have been getting things together for baby. I have this feeling she will be early, and this major urge to get everything ready in the next few weeks... I just pray she doesn't come before 32 weeks as my dr said that shld be my first goal as premies born after 32 weeks do a lot better than those born before... I'm trying not to stress abt it but its hard...
Hope everyone else had a great holiday!

 

I'm praying for you, BeanBean.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclamen View Post

Beanbean that sounds so stressful! Good vibes foe your bb to stay inside!
We canceled out internet and went on a tight budget a few wks ago. Too many car repairs. So I can check on my pho e and read but updating is a pita. I'm reading along tho.
We had a follow up u/s today and decided to find out the sex after all. A girl! I'm glad to know as it makes sorting handmediwns easier but I feel like I shouldn't have cracked ans wanted to know. I'm just being weird tho lol

 

Congratulations, cyclamen! I asked DF if he thought we would still not know if we had had the U/S tech write it down, and he said he didn't know. Part of me thinks I would look/would have already looked, but... part of me is just enjoying the movement/pregnancy, without the added thinking/worrying/planning of knowing. But I don't think you should feel bad, or guilty (if you do) about wanting to find out. :)

post #239 of 261

MIL surprised me with buying us the bassinet I had really wanted, but was just not in our budget in the slightest. Ahhh, so happy/excited/thankful! 700

post #240 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanmomma View Post

MIL surprised me with buying us the bassinet I had really wanted, but was just not in our budget in the slightest. Ahhh, so happy/excited/thankful! 700

Oh my gracious!! That is gorgeous!! How sweet of her smile.gif
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › December Chat Thread