Thanks SSB! I meant to say that on the IVF thread too but my brain is already acting preggo. Raging hormones and all from the drugs probably. AFM- Another mini-update on Rainbow Baby Kelly making. I talked to the anesthesiologist today. I ended up in the emergency room after my egg retrieval last year so we are doing whatever we can to prevent a repeat incident. I convinced him not to use Versed, so we will use fentanyl and prophynol (sp?) combo instead. I will take Prilosec about an hour before the procedure, I will also take my albuterol right before the retrieval. He will start an IV drip of Dextrose to keep my blood sugar up and an IV of reglan to keep everything down. I'm still a little nervous, but know that I'm in good hands and we are doing everything possible to prevent a repeat incident.
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Not ovulating. Want to try home IUI. Smart or dumb move? Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:47pm in Infertility
- Hope and prayers Last post on 6/12/13 at 11:04am in Infertility
- Starting testing this week Last post on 6/12/13 at 12:56pm in Infertility
- Stressed about my new FET protocol and can use a little support and information Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:36am in Infertility
- Back to square 1 Last post on 6/8/13 at 5:03pm in Infertility
Guest Blogger Brenda Strong (Mary Alice Young on Desperate...
Edited on 3/15/13
- Six-Word StoriesEdited on 3/6/13
- Living in Uncertainty
December Infertility "ONE" Thread - Let's get some BFPs for the Holidays! - Page 2post #21 of 21112/4/12 at 6:16pmSponsored Linkspost #22 of 21112/5/12 at 9:30am
brichole- sorry your family is so negative, that must be really hard on you especially when you and dh are trying so hard to complete your family. Praying for a positive test next week!
Also, shesaidboom- Thank you for the new thread!post #23 of 21112/5/12 at 9:14pmpost #24 of 21112/5/12 at 11:59pmpost #25 of 21112/6/12 at 4:52amI felt the ovulation pains a week ago....maybe my ovaries are still sore from the trigger....i hear it can cause pain for up to two weeks after Trigger shot is finally out of my system.....trying to refrain from testing until monday or tuesday...but i can't promise anything lolpost #26 of 21112/6/12 at 5:10amI felt the ovulation pains a week ago....maybe my ovaries are still sore from the trigger....i hear it can cause pain for up to two weeks after Trigger shot is finally out of my system.....trying to refrain from testing until monday or tuesday...but i can't promise anything lolpost #27 of 21112/6/12 at 6:18amThread Starter
deborah - I'm keeping everything crossed for you! I hope your retrieval is as smooth as possible.
cait - I hope the December thread brings lots of luck for everyone!
brichole - same as Deborah, I never had pain or cramping from the trigger shot but I did get very nauseous. I don't think anyone can blame you if you don't hold out to test until Tuesday, just try not to worry if nothing shows up yet. You're doing your beta on 14 dpo, right?
AFM - just waiting for my beta. Had some worries over test strips not getting darker, but I took a digital today and it said 2-3 weeks pregnant so I'm feeling much better. Not ready to move to grads yet, but better.post #28 of 21112/6/12 at 7:24am
Thanks SSB! Brichole- I cramped like crazy with implantation, so that's a possibility. It felt like ovulation pain on steroids. AFM- Heading for an ultrasound and bloodwork. Please root for trigger tonight! I am so uncomfortable and ready for the eggs to come out.post #29 of 21112/6/12 at 8:45am
Negative test at 10dpo. I think I'll go ahead and see a doctor to get antibiotics for this Bronchitis. Then tomorrow if it is still negative (which I'm sure it will be), I'll stop the progesterone and start taking the medicine. I'm also thinking that it would be best to not do the last of my Clomid on the cycle that comes. Not only because of the medications, but also because I'll likely be ovulating around Christmas, and that is a bad time to try and line up donors!
It really stinks not being able to find out why I can't get pregnant.
Think Fertile Thoughts!post #30 of 21112/6/12 at 12:15pm
Brichole - Yes I had some cramping after triggering. I think most of it was from the IUI's not the trigger shot though. Did you do IUI? Like Shesaidboom the trigger shots always made me very nauseous and very tired. Like I got hit by a truck.post #31 of 21112/6/12 at 2:52pmpost #32 of 21112/6/12 at 4:48pmpost #33 of 21112/6/12 at 4:48pmpost #34 of 21112/6/12 at 5:56pmpost #35 of 21112/6/12 at 7:37pmpost #36 of 21112/7/12 at 6:03am
Hi Everyone, sorry I have mia. We were anticipating starting a clomid cycle last month, but I haven't had AF yet, so I was given prometrium, and just waiting. Actually getting ready to call the Fertility nurse, as she said it should have happened by today, so in for testing again on Monday. I just hope with the holidays that we still are able to do what we need to in time.
Congrats to shesaidboom, happy for you!
Brichole-I hope you get some relief of pain...post #37 of 21112/7/12 at 9:27am
DarlaWoods-I'm sorry for all your cycle troubles. I hope you get some answers soon. AFM- I had a blood draw this morning and go in tomorrow morning for my retrieval. My retrieval is at 9:15 and I have to be there at 8:45. My father is supposed to get in today, but his flight was cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. Hopefully he doesn't get in too late.post #38 of 21112/7/12 at 12:21pmHi everyone! It's really hard to keep up with multiple threads:) I have been over in the ivf thread lately but I just wanted to update and let you ladies who have been so supportive know that I got a bfp!!! It's still completely surreal and I don't know when, if ever, I will be ready to be moved to graduates. Dealing with infertility for so long is not something I feel that I will ever get over. It has been such a difficult journey to get to this point and I know it has changed me forever...
I am thinking of you all and hope that you are finding the strength to carry on because that is often all we can do:)post #39 of 21112/7/12 at 5:22pm
Thank you ladies!! You are all giving me hope! The trigger shot is FINALLY officially out of my system..not even a hint on the test this morning when i took it...SOOOOOO now it's just wait and see time!!! My RE told me they "MIGHT" do a beta for me on the 14th but they weren't sure...just depended on if I get a positive at the house by friday...if i don't then they want me to come in to make sure...THOUGH, it's not like i'm going to be going back into their clinic again if this time didn't end in pregnancy since DH is done and I'm tired....my body can't go thru all of these extra hormones. It's just weird how different i reacted to the medications this go round. My cramping has eased up some, but now i have a freaking cold/sinus infection!!! I'm ticked lol....I just hope that the meds my GP gave me today will do the trick and help me get over this BLAH!!!!
Deborah: G/L in the morning!!! I'll be thinking about you!!!!!
Shesaidboom: I really wish that your beta date would get here quicker lol i'm on pins and needles!!!
Sila: No we did Timed BD since we don't have any male factor IF....it's just I don't ovulate AT ALL on my own!post #40 of 21112/7/12 at 5:46pmThread Starter
deborah - I think that description sums it up pretty well! I'm glad to hear it's normal.
stevi - I'm so sorry about the BFN. Would you consider waiting until 14dpo to stop the progesterone? I know it's hard, but some BFPs really won't show up until 14dpo. Do you have a beta booked at your clinic? I hope you get some answers.
wissa - I'm very excited, but nervous!
darla - I hope everything works out and you're able to get your cycle in before the holidays! Thank you!
brichole - I'm sorry this round was so rough on you. I'm crossing my fingers for that BFP!
AFM - I'm going to be in Niagara Falls for the weekend with no laptop, so if you need your blurbs or anything updated over the weekend just make sure to bold it in your post and I'll make sure to get everything up on Monday. I hope everyone has a great weekend and that all procedures and tests go well! Lots of good thoughts and baby dust to all of you.
- Six-Word Stories
- › Erythromycin after water birth? 1 minute ago
- › Bitter sushi anyone?? 2 minutes ago
- › Vaccination question 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for resources in East Texas 7 minutes ago
- › What clothing for a winter baby? 7 minutes ago
- › Plus Size and Pregnant - Can a start a new thread? 10 minutes ago
- › plastic-free diaper pail? 12 minutes ago
- › "Ruining" our breasts 19 minutes ago
- › Motherease cotton terry vs organic durability-any use both? I need... 21 minutes ago
- › define unschooling 22 minutes ago
- › Naturekins Leak Proof Reusable Nursing Pads by mom2threegrls
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama