or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › Evidence of govenrment cover-up re: vaccines and autism
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Evidence of govenrment cover-up re: vaccines and autism - Page 5

post #81 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post


It's not that they don't make money because there are only five companies, it's that there are only five companies because they don't make money. Most of the companies that used to manufacture vaccines have left for the greener pastures of manufacturing drugs.

I  suspect vaccines might be a bit of a public relations move for some Big pharm companies.  Most of the world sees vaccines as good, so creating and marketing vaccines might cast them in a positive light, get their name further known, and thus generate more money.

 

The Toronto Dominion bank has an environmental fund - yeah, I bet most of the employees like it, but let's face it:  they have such a program because it makes them look good in the eyes of the community.

 

Vaccines might have some of that going on as well.

 

Vaccines are admittedly very expensive to produce, that might be a part of why there are only 5 companies who make them.  The companies that make vaccines do make money off them, though.

post #82 of 281
Sure. But not nearly as much as they could make if they devoted those resources to a drug.

I'm not sure vaccines are good pr. The publics capacity to tolerate a side effect is much much lower than for a typical drug and vaccines aren't exactly popular' even among people who use them. Needles aren't typically good for your image.
post #83 of 281

*Shrug* Feel free to talk about the originally-posted article.

post #84 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligracey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

*Shrug* Feel free to talk about the originally-posted article.

Are we allowed to do that? I want to make really sure not to violate the UA.

Just try it, you might like it! ;-) 

post #85 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligracey View Post


Bwahahahaha!!!!!

Dude, vaccines actually lose money for everyone involved. Drug companies make the big bucks from fancy new meds that are still under patent.

Oh really?

 

20 Top-selling Vaccines  - H1 2012

 

 

 

Quote:
Data on the biggest-selling vaccines helps us understand what's driving growth in the vaccines industry, and which companies are behind the wheel. Thanks in part to the adult influenza market and vaccines such as Gardasil and Prevnar, the global vaccines market has enjoyed a decidedly solid boost in revenue. Ten years ago, the vaccine market sat at $5.7 billion, according to Kalorama Information. Now, that market has soared to $27 billion.

 

1. Prevnar 13

   H1 - sales $1.847 billion

   Company: Pfizer

 

2. PENTAct -HIB

    H1 - sales $672 million

    Company: Sanofi

 

3. Gardasil

    H1 - sales $608 million

    Company: Merck

 

MMR II made the list at number 18, with first half sales of $180 million.

post #86 of 281

Thanks Mirzam! This is the site I was looking for. 

post #87 of 281
Sales = profit!

Simple!

Oh. Wait.
post #88 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

 

 

Quote:
Data on the biggest-selling vaccines helps us understand what's driving growth in the vaccines industry, and which companies are behind the wheel. Thanks in part to the adult influenza market and vaccines such as Gardasil and Prevnar, the global vaccines market has enjoyed a decidedly solid boost in revenue. Ten years ago, the vaccine market sat at $5.7 billion, according to Kalorama Information. Now, that market has soared to $27 billion.

 

 

 

So, it looks like the Fierce site takes the information from Kalorama seriously.


Edited by Chicharronita - 12/3/12 at 8:56pm
post #89 of 281

Vaccines become drugmakers' profit boosters

 

Straight from the horses mouth:

 

 

 

Quote:
"Even if a small portion of everything that's going on now is successful in the next 10 years, you put that together with the last 10 years, (and) it's going to be characterized as a golden era," said Emilio Emini, Pfizer Inc.'s head of vaccine research.

 

post #90 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Vaccines become drugmakers' profit boosters

 

 

 

Quote:

 

Contrast that with five years ago, when so many companies had abandoned the vaccine business that half the U.S. supply of flu shots was lost because of factory contamination at one of the two manufacturers left.

 

I wonder what contamination they're referring to. 

post #91 of 281

Who Says There is No Money in Making Vaccines? At Least $5.7 Billion Given to Vaccine Manufacturers in 2011 by US Gov't

 

 

Company

Contract

Amount

Sanofi Pasteur 200-2011-38199 $1,142,400,000.00 [10]
GlaxoSmithKline 200-2011-38201 $786,456,400.00 [11]
Merck 200-2011-38200 $1,704,454,000.00 [12]
Novartis 200-2011-38204 $451,660,000.00 [13]
Pfizer 200-2011-38203 $1,652,570,000.00 [14]
MassBiologics 200-2011-38202 $11,250,000.00 [15]
     

Total   $5,748,790,400.00

   

 

 

 

 

Quote:

If we estimate a 10 percent profit from 5.7 billion dollars, this leaves the corporations with an average of 100 million dollars per company.

I have to ask you this question, “Is $100,000,000 a lot of money to you?”

Keep in mind, this is only for the federal Vaccines For Children (VFC) program. The total amount is likely much higher.

 

post #92 of 281
Mirzam, your source said:

"If we estimate a 10 percent profit from 5.7 billion dollars, this leaves the corporations with an average of 100 million dollars per company."

Yes, estimating their profits by pulling a number out of thin air is totally evidence.
post #93 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligracey View Post

Mirzam, your source said:

"If we estimate a 10 percent profit from 5.7 billion dollars, this leaves the corporations with an average of 100 million dollars per company."

Yes, estimating their profits by pulling a number out of thin air is totally evidence.

This was not pulled out of thin air. Did you read the article?


Edited by Mirzam - 12/4/12 at 6:13am
post #94 of 281
Thread Starter 
Hi.  :)

Edited by Taximom5 - 12/4/12 at 6:41am
post #95 of 281
Taximom and Mirzam, please edit your last posts. I understand your frustration with other members, but we need to keep this thread is about topic, not other people.

Eligracey has been banned, and I'll clean up other offending posts as I get to them; so hopefully that will help get things back on track.

Thanks to you all for hitting the report button! joy.gif
post #96 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

Taximom and Mirzam, please edit your posts. I understand your frustration with other members, but we need to keep this thread is about topic, not other people.

Eligracey has been banned, and I'll clean up other offending posts as I get to them; so hopefully that will help get things back on track.

Thanks to you all for hitting the report button! joy.gif

Thank you Mosaic. 

 

I will edit my post. thumb.gif

post #97 of 281

Kathy when I said fringe I meant "not mainstream".  I didn't not mean anything offensive about it.  I'd be offended to be called mainstream myself. 

 

Now back to what is really going on.  Things I can believe:  I can completely believe that any given vaccine or drug could cause harm.  And if you all remember the Vioxx issue a few years ago my DH was part of that little fun adventure.  It was a high seller until people started getting sick and hurt and their claims were distinguishable and legit.  For years people were saying that SOME people should not get the FLU vaccine and while many didn't pay attention the "SOME", quite a few did.  After years of research there is quite a list of who should and should not take the FLU vaccine.   In fact I credit the Flu vaccine for furthering studies in quite a few orphan diseases. 

 

I can also believe that profit is a high point with any drug, it took a lot to get Vioxx off the shelves but it was done.  And with all things nothing is 100% safe.  I will not dismiss anyones claim of vaccine injury but I will dismiss the idea that vaccines are the devil and do absolutely no good.  There is that 1% with everything.  That group of people who will naturally react badly to medicines or procedures.  That is why the list of reactions is there for you/us to read and decide over. 

 

Government cover ups?  Of course that happens.  Why would we need to know everything there is to know?  However covering up something like a mass genocide or dumbing down of the population does not actually equal profit in the end. 

 

 

 ION, GOP and LOP are great places for those who believe that.

post #98 of 281
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

 After years of research there is quite a list of who should and should not take the FLU vaccine.   In fact I credit the Flu vaccine for furthering studies in quite a few orphan diseases. 

 

I can also believe that profit is a high point with any drug, it took a lot to get Vioxx off the shelves but it was done.  And with all things nothing is 100% safe.  I will not dismiss anyones claim of vaccine injury but I will dismiss the idea that vaccines are the devil and do absolutely no good.  There is that 1% with everything.  That group of people who will naturally react badly to medicines or procedures.  That is why the list of reactions is there for you/us to read and decide over. 

 

 

Can you please post this list of who should and should not take the FLU vaccine?  I would also like your comments on whether you think that list is complete, and whether you personally believe that healthy individuals working in health care companies should be fired for refusing it?  (And what if those healthy individuals are pregnant???)


And why do you say that "the list of reactions is there for you/us to read and decide over," when most people receiving a vaccine don't receive that list, and also have little or no choice as to whether or not they can receive it?

 

I am not dismissing the idea that vaccines can do good, either.  But 1% is not an accurate figure.  In fact, we don't know what the figure is, but the evidence so far is that it's a lot higher than that--and that's where the government coverup starts.  That's also where the average person fails to understand that, just because they haven't had a serious reaction doesn't mean that such reactions are vanishingly rare.  As I've said over and over, we're limited by this vicious circle, where we can't convince people that reactions are more common, because doctors fail to properly recognize and report such reactions, and then other doctors say, "well, those reactions are hardly ever reported, so they don't happen."

 

Imagine if peanut allergy reactions weren't recognized as coming from eating peanuts, and the parents were told that their child was born with this, and to stop looking for something to blame, peanuts are good for everyone, and the 1%, well, that doesn't matter. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

 

Government cover ups?  Of course that happens.  Why would we need to know everything there is to know?  

 

So it's ok with you that there are government coverups, because why would we need to know everything that there is to know?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

   However covering up something like a mass genocide or dumbing down of the population does not actually equal profit in the end. 

 

 

 

 

 

Nobody on this board ever said or even suggested that a mass genocide is being attempted by the government, or by the pharmaceutical industry.  And if you bring the supposed "dumbing down of the population" into the discussion, I'd say that I'm not even looking at vaccines as having anything to do with that.  My biggest concerns regarding that are the budget cuts to the education system combined with our cultural emphasis on the children of today, with their heads always buried in a computer, smart phone, or TV, and having earbuds permanently affixed to their ears.Oh, and the crap diet in the US, and lack of exercise.

 

But that's off topic.

 

What's being covered up is the fact that profit has displaced safety and efficacy in the pharmaceutical industry to the point where lying has become accepted, and in some areas, mandated according to those in the industry. 

 

We see this kind of thing in every industry, really.  Look at Bernie Madoff, for heaven's sake. Do you think he said, "Oooh, I'm gonna ruin all these peoples' lives!"  Of course not.  He convinced himself that he wasn't really hurting anyone.  Or he put it out of his mind. And so it is with corrupted people in positions of power everywhere.

post #99 of 281

Wait people actually go to doctors that don't give them the side effects list?  We always get it.  With every shot.  I have a million of the things floating around my house. And how do people have little to no choice about receiving it?  I can't imagine that if you ask for it a doctor is going to say no.  Or that Google doesn't work for people.

post #100 of 281
Thread Starter 

Check your side effect list, honey.  I have a whole bunch of them, too.

 

Mine says, "side effects may include redness and swelling at the injections site, soreness, mild fever, and irritability."

 

That's what I was always given--AFTER the shot, on my way out of the office.  When they remembered to give it to me.

 

It never mentioned the possibility of seizure reactions,encepalopathy,  full-body rashes, arthritis/arthalgia, migraines, or autoimmune disorders like diabetes, fibromyalgia, thyroid disease, lupus, MS,Guillaine-Barre syndrome, or celiac disease.

 

Those were listed in the package insert. But I was never given the package insert.  I was given the office form. which didn't mention any of the side effects my children had.

 

So much for informed consent.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Vaccinations Debate
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › Evidence of govenrment cover-up re: vaccines and autism