Signed my DH and me up for a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University at a local church starting Sunday, Jan. 13. When I was talking with DH about signing up, DH told me I was being too intense about financial things and he wanted me to "relax". I told him I wanted to pay off debts so I could stay home full time with our babies when I have them. He agreed about that, so I told him we needed to get gazelle intense about paying off debt! Hopefully with the Sunday night time, DH can come to all the presentations. There are only 9 of them instead of 13 like last year with Dave Ramsey's updated program. I want my husband to be on the same page as me and going together to the programs will hopefully help that.
- topicFinancestagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Turbotax Bonus Last post on Yesterday at 7:12 am in Frugality & Finances
- ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less Challenge!! All Welcome!! Last post on 3/10/14 at 1:36pm in Frugality & Finances
- Is there a group / forum out there like this? DR related Last post on 2/21/14 at 2:21pm in Frugality & Finances
- Is it legal for my landlord to.... Last post on 2/19/14 at 8:03am in Frugality & Finances
- Bank Accounts / System Last post on 2/3/14 at 8:03pm in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
Getting out of Debt in December! - Page 5
Paid the last CC off! $2090.... but I did use my points card (a different CC) for Christmas shopping. I will have enough to pay it off when it arrives between the Christmas Club and the overtime worked this month. I've been in the habit of using my points card & paying it off weekly for things like groceries and gas, this way it never gets too far away from me. I know it isn't DR but it works for me and when it was opened we got tons off points for free flights. We will be planning a vacation soon!!!
What's a Christmas club and which points card do you use? I've thought about getting a points card for when we do use the card (not often, as the cash system keeps me in check, but it's easier than cash for planned purchases sometimes) but they're so confusing! I've never had a points card before. Also, how many points do you get and how many points does it take for a flight. I'd love to be able to fly cheaply!
My credit union does a christmas club. It's like a CD where you get a better interest rate for not being able to touch the money for a certain amount of time. Basically you put money away each month into the account and then you cash it out during the holidays.
I don't believe in CC's so I can't help you with the points card as I have never had one.
- › HSG Postponed. Fourth Cycle of Attempted Scheduling. Seeking... 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects 4 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 5 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 5 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Natural First Births? 6 minutes ago
- › Vaccine Choice Friendly ped needed 9 minutes ago
- › Anyone else have a kid who just wont keep their hands to themselves? 12 minutes ago
- › Birth Bead Swap - Sign Up Here! 14 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo