I'm hoping that some of you will have some carrier ideas.
My husband is the stay-at-home parent for our 6-month-old daughter. He and I both wear her a LOT in a ring sling, and we'd like to expand our repertoire. We tried a Moby wrap when she was younger, but we're both larger and so it fit neither of us very well.
DD loves facing forward, but I am uncertain about doing it much longer in the sling. She tries to stand up in it, and I'm worried about her hips, etc., as she gets bigger -- I know being scrunched up isn't a big deal for young babies, but she's simply getting too big to sit cross-legged facing out for much longer.
My husband literally walks miles every day with DD. I wouldn't mind investing in a more expensive carrier if I was really confident in it, but it's tough to tell what will work for us. And with that said, we get by on one income so I'd prefer an economical option.
So. . . . Any ideas about a carrier that would fit some or all of these criteria?:
- Accommodates larger parents
- Is very easy to get in and out of -- my husband was VERY frustrated with the Moby
- Allows a forward-facing option, at least for a while
- Maybe a back-carry option? I only used a sling with my older daughter, and never felt confident with a back carry. I bet my husband would love a back carry option as little DD gets bigger.
- Works really well for fathers. . . I figure I can keep using the sling for hip-carrying. I would like to get something that'll help my husband parent in the long hours when I'm at work.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for any ideas.