When we restructured the Vaccinations forums to place this new Vaccinations Discussions and Debate forum we placed this as the guidelines specific for this forum:
We placed that "wear-your-big-girl-panties" clause without clarifying what that meant. Over the past couple of weeks we've been talking about it because the forum still seems very heavy on moderation needs and gets a lot of reported posts. So, we reviewed our intentions behind that clause and have these clarifications to include as part of the guidelines for the forum, effective immediately:
- Members should know that the forum might be a little more brusque than others, and that if they want to post in there they should be prepared for it - as the mods won't be removing everything they feel is a slight or an insult.
- We allow members lead the discussion and do not step in to tell them their post is off topic. Please go with the flow.
- Barring personal attacks, rudeness and sarcasm is not a violation.
- Pointed remarks are acceptable, but calling someone names or attacking them/their family personally is not.
- 'Baiting" is not a violation in the forum.
- Reporting of posts is only for direct namecalling and severe personal attacks. Abuse of the report feature will result in you being locked out of the thread or the Vaccinations forum in general.
- Please assume the best intentions of a member or a post and avoid making assumptions.
Some generic examples of what is and is not permitted:
"I can't even fathom how you might think that is valid? Please." - Sarcasm. Not something that would be moderated..
"Your kids are clearly at a loss seeing as you are at the shallow end of the gene pool." Personal attack. Not cool. Would need an edit, warning, infraction, or removal of the member from the discussion.
"WTF! Are you serious with this?! Ridiculous!!" Things like this are often reported in Vaccinations, but in a heated discussion/debate this is just an interjection, not really an attack. So it would not be moderated.
"You are a conspiracy mongering, paranoid delusional." Obviously not okay. Would need an edit, warning, infraction, or removal of the member from the discussion.
"You seem to be buying into a conspiracy theory that is not accurate." Acceptable.
Please post with these guidelines in mind. As always, if you have questions about the rules of the forum you may send a private message to me or AdinaL.