Hi there, I have just started up a new business and am hoping I can make it grow into a viable business so I can work from home. I have chosen something I am passionate about and I believe in, its difficult at the moment trying to set everything up with such little time but I know it'll be worth it in the end :) Anyone got any pearls of wisdom for me? I am currently trying to figure out Pinterest, what a head pickler!
- topicWAHMtagged by System, 12/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Family Childcare- Anyone thinking Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:28pm in Work from Home Parents
- Squarespace or typepad? Last post on 2/10/14 at 9:46pm in Work from Home Parents
- Balance - work and play Last post on 2/2/14 at 9:05pm in Work from Home Parents
- Lionbridge rater hub log in? Last post on 1/24/14 at 9:11am in Work from Home Parents
- 24/7 Parenting Last post on 1/25/14 at 6:29am in Work from Home Parents
Reflections on my Summer as a Work at Home Mom
Last edited: 9/9/13
Any WAHM from the uk
I'm in the UK! I make wooden toys. I find that having a business Facebook page is really really helpful. I've got a nice fan base there now. What are you selling? What's your business called? I'm Little Woodlanders, you can check out my facebook page if you want! https://www.facebook.com/LittleWoodlanders
I'm also trying to use Twitter but don't use it as much as Facebook. Maybe I haven't cracked it yet, but facebook gives me more of a two way thing with my followers, when they like and comment on my posts. Twitter is more like talking to the empty universe! Anyway, feel free to ask me any specific questions you have and I'll see if I can help!
Hi there, thanks for replying. I started up about a month ago with very little money and not much knowledge! I have started up a business selling eco friendly and fairtrade toys. I'm not looking to make millions, just plod along and hopefully make a bit of money out of something i believe in and feel strongly about. If you want you can have a look at my website, if you google tread lightly toys you should find it. I'd put a link in but I dont know if I'd get told off for that.
How do you do at fairs? I'm thinking I really need to get out and about and let people know about my shop, I don't have a vast product range yet but can't buy more until I sell some of what I've got!! Catch 22!
How long have you been doing what you are doing?
I just did my first few fairs this Christmas season and didn't do as well as I had hoped! I did ok, but after I take out the fee for the table and the petrol, it wasn't really worth it for me. That's probably because I make the toys myself and it takes hours and is really hard physical work! For you it might be more worth it since you're buying wholesale, right?
I'm going to stick to selling online, I do well enough there.
I started in January, so almost a year!
- › Things I Said I Would NEVER Do..... (Let's see how well that... 3 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 4 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Homeschooling in MA - starting first grade in the Fall.. 10 minutes ago
- › Dorit Reiss 10 minutes ago
- › Grain free lunch ideas for the kids 11 minutes ago
- › Is Lydia a good name? 11 minutes ago
- › Confessions 15 minutes ago
- › March Unschooling Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Moving to Bristol, CT area and need resources! 16 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild