Hi there, I have just started up a new business and am hoping I can make it grow into a viable business so I can work from home. I have chosen something I am passionate about and I believe in, its difficult at the moment trying to set everything up with such little time but I know it'll be worth it in the end :) Anyone got any pearls of wisdom for me? I am currently trying to figure out Pinterest, what a head pickler!
- topicWAHMtagged by System, 12/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts on monetizing a blog? Last post on 11/29/13 at 12:01pm in Work from Home Parents
- opportunities-looking for work Last post on 12/1/13 at 12:41pm in Site Help
- Freelance = Feast or Famine? Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:35am in Work from Home Parents
- Calling all bloggers, WAHMs, and small business owners Last post on 10/31/13 at 9:52am in Work from Home Parents
- Looking for Website content writer. Last post on 10/20/13 at 1:34pm in Work from Home Parents
Reflections on my Summer as a Work at Home Mom
Last edited: 9/9/13
Any WAHM from the uk
I'm in the UK! I make wooden toys. I find that having a business Facebook page is really really helpful. I've got a nice fan base there now. What are you selling? What's your business called? I'm Little Woodlanders, you can check out my facebook page if you want! https://www.facebook.com/LittleWoodlanders
I'm also trying to use Twitter but don't use it as much as Facebook. Maybe I haven't cracked it yet, but facebook gives me more of a two way thing with my followers, when they like and comment on my posts. Twitter is more like talking to the empty universe! Anyway, feel free to ask me any specific questions you have and I'll see if I can help!
Hi there, thanks for replying. I started up about a month ago with very little money and not much knowledge! I have started up a business selling eco friendly and fairtrade toys. I'm not looking to make millions, just plod along and hopefully make a bit of money out of something i believe in and feel strongly about. If you want you can have a look at my website, if you google tread lightly toys you should find it. I'd put a link in but I dont know if I'd get told off for that.
How do you do at fairs? I'm thinking I really need to get out and about and let people know about my shop, I don't have a vast product range yet but can't buy more until I sell some of what I've got!! Catch 22!
How long have you been doing what you are doing?
I just did my first few fairs this Christmas season and didn't do as well as I had hoped! I did ok, but after I take out the fee for the table and the petrol, it wasn't really worth it for me. That's probably because I make the toys myself and it takes hours and is really hard physical work! For you it might be more worth it since you're buying wholesale, right?
I'm going to stick to selling online, I do well enough there.
I started in January, so almost a year!
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 7 minutes ago
- › 2 year old - Obsessed with Books, but something changed... 8 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 10 minutes ago
- › What should the exterior of the vagina look like after childbirth? 11 minutes ago
- › Ex bouncing in and out of sons life 12 minutes ago
- › Ultrasound with Planned Parenthood ? 12 minutes ago
- › Advice please? 13 minutes ago
- › Yoga Home Practice for Fall 2013! 18 minutes ago
- › A New Year of Dedicated Home Yoga Practice: 2014 19 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo