or Connect
Mothering › Groups › February 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › 3rd trimester checklists

3rd trimester checklists - Page 3

post #41 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveandgarbage View Post

Well I did ONE load of baby laundry, so that's a start. Also went to a baby store and tried on the K'Tan and the Moby and they had a baby doll (who weighed 15 lbs) so that I could estimate placement. I asked the clerk if there was something "special" about the Moby or if was just a long piece of fabric that I could make myself and he was stunned and said "no one's ever asked that before!" Like, really? It's just an overpriced piece of fabric with surged edges! Also they were selling them for $70 and whereas I like supporting local stores and all, even with some some upcharges, that was just too absurd for me to handle.  

Just make sure that if you make it it's one long piece of continuous fabric (5.5-6 meters... like 6 yards? I don't know, I'm Canadian, haha). Otherwise it will have weak spots and won't be as supportive. You'll probably end up with enough fabric to make two :)

post #42 of 78
Thread Starter 

i love the outfits, so cute!

i'm a little alarmed that the room that we painted for baby still smells like paint. i shelled out for low VOC paint, and it still smells. my husband is like, if our girl comes this week, we won't be able to put her in there. (to which i had to inform him that she would be sleeping in her moses rocker with us, but he insists that when she "naps" she'll be in her crib. hahahaha!) he really has no idea what he's in for. 

finished the mobile but have no where to hang it yet, and made a pretty star garland that is above her window. i'll post pics soon. 

post #43 of 78

I am super happy to report that I have made a ton of progress on my list though it still seems like I have so much left to do.  I can safely say that if baby came today we would be mostly prepared.  Hopefully, I will continue to make progress over the next two weeks so I can be completely ready by 36 weeks.

 

Kellybeth- if there's a way you can turn up the heat in baby's room (space heaters maybe?) it will help it offgas faster, hope it smells better soon! 

post #44 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post

i love the outfits, so cute!
i'm a little alarmed that the room that we painted for baby still smells like paint. i shelled out for low VOC paint, and it still smells. my husband is like, if our girl comes this week, we won't be able to put her in there. (to which i had to inform him that she would be sleeping in her moses rocker with us, but he insists that when she "naps" she'll be in her crib. hahahaha!) he really has no idea what he's in for. 
finished the mobile but have no where to hang it yet, and made a pretty star garland that is above her window. i'll post pics soon. 

We just painted today so I hope to have a few weeks for it to air out!! Although like you, I don't plan in using the room much right away. Baby will be sleeping with me.
post #45 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodie's Mama View Post

Just make sure that if you make it it's one long piece of continuous fabric (5.5-6 meters... like 6 yards? I don't know, I'm Canadian, haha). Otherwise it will have weak spots and won't be as supportive. You'll probably end up with enough fabric to make two :)


Thanks! I think I'm going to be lazy and buy one, but might make a wrap or two down the road when the babe is a little older.

 

So I have sorted through and washed almost all of the baby clothing. Go me! I also bought my homebirth supplies yesterday, which I definitely needed to do before it got too late in the game. My kids return to school from winter break this week so I will have a few hours here and there to finish up with preparations. I had planned to be done buying/organizing stuff by 36 weeks, but seeing as that's in two days, it's just not happening. So new goal-- by 37 weeks! I mostly just have to buy stuff, but since I'm such a bargain shopper, it can be time consuming.

post #46 of 78

I am 35 wks tomorrow (or yesterday, depending on who you ask) - I just went back and edited my list again.. checked off a bunch of stuff today!

 

bought most of the rest of my birth supplies (many weren't on this list) ..  i just need to pick up the pool and i think i'll have everything in the house, just need to organize it all .. its getting down to the little stuff now, which is good, cause i want it most of it to be done by 36 weeks .. so one more week!  I'd like to be down to just cooking/freezing food for the last few weeks..

post #47 of 78
Thread Starter 

i'm down to just 3 things on my list! we really need a kitchen table. it's just a big empty room right now, and sitting cross-legged on the floor to eat is getting more difficult by the day.

post #48 of 78

I'm checking things off my list like crazy lately! this afternoon I made 2 loaves of bread and 2 doz muffins! if i could just do that every day for a week or so i'd have my freezer stocked..

post #49 of 78

I'm finally in full-out nesting mode. Even though I'm exhausted most days, I'm still getting stuff done, which is nice! And then I collapse on the couch around 8pm.

 

Bought: boppy, lilypadz (on clearance at target!), changing table, more long-sleeved onesies/outfits (couldn't help myself), pack of newborn diapers/wipes, first aid kit for baby

 

Still need to buy: hose to fill-up birthing tub, carseat, dermoplast, more disposable pads, belly wrap (having hard time deciding which one)

 

Still need to make: witch hazel pads, nipple cream, butt balm for baby

 

The only big thing our of that list is the carseat which I'm waffling on because we're planning on buying a minivan. I'd like to get a baby bucket seat for convenience but for the time being we'll have to get a RF convertible seat so that all the carseats fit in our current car. The minivan purchase is just not gonna happen until baby gets here, unless I go til 42 weeks. Sooooo I just don't know what to do.

post #50 of 78

I am feeling pretty prepared myself.  I need to pump up the birth tub to make sure it holds air and water (we loaned it to a friend in between DD2s birth and now).  I need to pack my just in case hospital bag and I think that is about it.  Cleaning the house of course, but it seems whenever this happens, it gets dirty right away again.

 

I have all my birth supplies out and ready to go.  

 

Now, just waiting on baby!

post #51 of 78

W00t!  Well, I made (slow, plodding) progress on something critical (business-wise) that has been hanging over my head yesterday, and I feel AWESOME and super-productive because of it.  I also trained DH on another 1/4 of his duties, and will train him on yet another 1/4 today, so he is really getting up to speed on the business.  Yay!

post #52 of 78

Buko, that's awesome, good for you!

post #53 of 78

Nesting full force lately-

I have cleaned the baseboards, windows and fans, organized the girls clothes and somewhat with the toys, but we need to go through them a bit more now.  

 

I am having my blessingway here tomorrow, so we are doing a pretty deep clean today and I will feel good for another week or two.  

 

I feel like he could come at any time and we would be prepared, but there are a few things I would like to do since 'spring cleaning' is most likely going to be a little more difficult this year.

post #54 of 78
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post

Nesting full force lately-

I have cleaned the baseboards, windows and fans, organized the girls clothes and somewhat with the toys, but we need to go through them a bit more now.  

 

I am having my blessingway here tomorrow, so we are doing a pretty deep clean today and I will feel good for another week or two.  

 

I feel like he could come at any time and we would be prepared, but there are a few things I would like to do since 'spring cleaning' is most likely going to be a little more difficult this year.

i did the same thing yesterday, cleaning the baseboards and windows, and mopping the kitchen on my hands and knees since i think mops are gross.i'm having a hard time packing the hospital bag & diaper bag since i'm not sure how big she'll be. i'm a notorious under packer, and this is something that i'd like to not under pack for. 

post #55 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post

i did the same thing yesterday, cleaning the baseboards and windows, and mopping the kitchen on my hands and knees since i think mops are gross.i'm having a hard time packing the hospital bag & diaper bag since i'm not sure how big she'll be. i'm a notorious under packer, and this is something that i'd like to not under pack for. 

For the hospital bag, just pack something for newborn and 0-3, just in case.  I never used newborn for my kids, but a friend had a baby just over 8 lbs and he was in newborn everything for at least a month.... so, you never know.

 

Take an outfit or two for you, comfy, pregnancy clothes that you don't mind spotting on.  

 

I am having a homebirth, but packed my emergency bag, just in case we have to transfer... 

 

The hospital gives you pads and diapers for the entire time you are there, so no need  to bring anything special unless you want it (cloth pads or diapers, etc.)

post #56 of 78

Sunshine, thank you!  It's going pretty well now, considering.

post #57 of 78

Yes, definitely pack a larger outfit just in case! My oldest went straight to 3 month clothing. Even if baby is average weight-wise, if he/she's long the newborn clothes might not fit.

 

I also went on a cleaning binge this week! And did the hands and knees on the kitchen floor, too.

post #58 of 78
Thread Starter 

made a nice cover for the boppy pillow. i really don't like any of those designs. what ever happened to solid colors?

just have to install the car seat, which i bring up every day but hubby keeps putting it off. 

packed most of hospital bag/diaper bag. i did pack an extra outfit of newborn & 0-3 months. (thank you mamas)

i feel very ready and anxious for baby. my mom still has to come out with the rest of baby stuff from her & our baby shower. anxious isn't the word for that situation.

post #59 of 78

Kellybeth- I ask DH to install the carseat everyday too, I think I'm wearing him down and he may do it soon, lol.  I have gotten sooo much done in the last couple weeks and am feeling way more prepared and at peace.  I got my birth kit and all birth supplies together (minus an extra trash can).  I have washed all newborn and 0-3 mos clothing and diapers (minus the stuff that we got at our recent Blessingway).  I even washed the bucket carseat cover and canopy.  Now I just have odds and ends to get: co-sleeper height adjuster, nipple cream, sitz bath, postpartum tea, belly binder.  And I would like to do some more deep cleaning mostly on the floors but they get dirty so quickly I'll probably wait a little longer.  I have a blanket I've been knitting but I don't think I will finish in time.  Getting close now!!

post #60 of 78

I am also nudging for the carseat install. There is no way I'm personally dealing with that now :).

 

I only have little random things left to prepare. Like a hose for the birth tub, witch hazel pads, etc. Then I'll just be twiddling my thumbs, staring at the tiny baby clothes all nice and organized!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: February 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › February 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › 3rd trimester checklists