dakipode- bfp!! Sending you lots of sticky dust!!!
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:17pm in Trying To Conceive
- is this positive (CD 14) Last post on 5/22/13 at 8:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on 5/22/13 at 6:36pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
A Saner TTC: The Long Nights' Moon - Page 9
chuord ugh that's so long!! Good luck in your wait, hope you get a bfp when the time to test comes around!!
lidamama yay how exciting that your husband wants to try this month! It took mine forever to feel ready, so I know how exciting it is when they finally want to!
AFM: I'm the proud new owner of a basal thermometer. I've never done temping or charting before, but thought hey it can't hurt! So hopefully I'll get the hang of it quickly! I also picked up a new Clearblue OPK pack. I used them in conjunction with Wondfo OPKs and it technically worked, we caught the egg.. Now to get it to stick and stay put :/ I'm on CD5 tomorrow, so I should start temping then, right?
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I feel like I need to change my username to "obviouslydoesn'thaveaclue". In retrospect maybe comparing the current data to the ectopic cycle wasn't the best idea since that was obviously not a proper success. Scientists give me your opinions.
If you ladies don't mind I'll stick around for a while until I see the doc and confirm it's in the right place.
JustJenny: One of the things DH mentioned (he's a super skeptical guy) about IUI was: isn't it the best swimmers that get to fertilize the egg regardless? Meaning: why "wash" out the sub-par swimmers? I told him the IUI also bypasses the cervical mucus problem but I can see the point. From this cycle and the last one (the two successful ones) I get the impression that my CM quality has a lot to do with it (then again, I've been known to be wrong...) In terms of reducing your cost doing medication only makes sense and that was my/our reason for trying that first. I'll be following along with great interest!
Lidamama: yahoo! Very excited for you! Do your best!
Chuord: I can relate, my cycles are long and random which gave me all of 9 tries in 2012... Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Dahlia: you can start temping anytime. It took me a few months to start seeing a clear pattern of before and after O temps but you get the hang of it pretty quick. Best of luck!
Good luck with the temping dahlia - I've becker done it so sorry I can't help.
Dakipode can't wait till you've been to the doctor and had it confirmed its normal!
OMG, What an amazing New Year's Surprise. I just know this is your sticky little bean.
Doing a happy dance for you too!! Sending you both tons of sticky vibes.
Dahlia Good luck with temping! I think you'll be surprised at how quickly you get the hang of it. And the additional information will be very helpful, now and if you're ever wanting to prevent in the future. I want to apologize again for putting my foot in my mouth earlier this week I know there was much confusion over at the TWW thread on transitioning over to the new January thread. I hadn't remembered seeing you here on the Saner TTC thread and thought you were confused when you asked here about moving to a new thread (this thread moves to a new thread with the new moon, btw). I certainly never intended to be unkind or rude and am grateful for your gracious response.
Edited by SparkleMaman - 1/5/13 at 4:32am
Dahlia, start temping whenever you can. Lots of people don't temp during AF. You'll get the hang of it no problem.
AFM, just waiting for AF to leave the building. She was rough this month! Blech. Going to try to call the MW office again on Monday to see if they'll just give me a progesterone script over the phone since they can't see me until a week after I ov, which will be too late. FX they'll do it.
Sparkle, it's really ok :) Nothing to worry about, promise! I completely see where the confusion was, since I'm not a frequent poster on this board usually :) Have a great weekend, get some rest and let your head clear. Lots of hugs to you!!
Well I tested again today (13dpo) and it was a BFN. Part of me is sad, but part of me is surprisingly okay with this. That means that I can go to the store and get tampons so I'm prepared for tomorrow or Monday lol. I always said I would be okay with not getting a sticky this cycle because I really want an October baby, so I am sending up lots of prayers that I get my BFP next cycle.
AFM AF arrived right on time last night, exactly 14 day LP. I had such a good feeling about this cycle, was feeling so lucky. On to the next cycle!
Hugs, John. Fingers crossed for October babies for all of us! I would love to be on maternity leave in October, it's so nice here then! That is my positive thinking for this cycle. Plus, then all my kids would be 3 months apart. Symmetry is so nice! Ah, the things that keep us sane while TTCing!
I'm still waiting to see what happens... I've been feeling really bloated and nauseous - lol but realized last night that could be because I've been eating too much bread! (yeast not wheat issues) Rofl - oh dear... As my mum would say sometimes I'm just 'special'
I have to say I'm loving waking up and checking the thread to see what's happened... 6.24am here
@Devilish: I know!!! It was a VERY quick walk from my car to my office It feels like we got temps that are usually later in January in December this year...maybe an early spring is in the cards?!?!?
coati, Serena and Dakipode: Congratulations! How lovely for the new year! And by the way, IMHO getting pregnant on the new year is the best time. OK I know I was only pregnant once BUT most of the time you're heavily pregnant is the end of summer beginning of fall. So you don't need to get any maternity wear for the winter. I've seen a friend try to bridge 2 or 3 months into the winter without buying any maternity jackets and it was not fun; it can get really expensive. She also basically spent the last month of her pregnancy indoors because of all the cold/snow and the risk of slipping on ice.
And best of all, it is the best birthday (school-wise) a baby can have: the beginning of the school year!
AFM- Now back at work... This is our 3rd cycle TTC and now I'm at 5 DPO. The only thing that truly bugs me is that I spend the entire time before O perfectly fine and relaxed. Once I ovulate, the obsession starts. I just have to know. If it is not this cycle then fine, I can move on. BUT the not knowing kills me. It's a good thing I have a to-do list longer that I care to admit so that will keep me preoccupied for a while. On top of it, my DD getting a place in a good Kindergarten. We did the rounds a couple of months ago and they start calling with good new this month. Right now I'm obsessing about my phone being fully charged more than about BFPs.
- A Saner TTC: The Long Nights' Moon
- › Does anyone here do a monthly bulk shop? Advice and tips needed. 33 seconds ago
- › High fertility BEFORE ovulation? 2 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice- obsessed Grandma causing problems 3 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone thinking about diapering yet? 6 minutes ago
- › Has anybody else experienced this? 14 minutes ago
- › Belly pic threads on breastfeeding forum? 15 minutes ago
- › Insurance for Exising Pregnancy 19 minutes ago
- › A Brand New Year, Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC.Bring on the... 22 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf