- topicAllergiestagged by System, 12/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Possible eosinophilic disorder Last post on 11/30/13 at 5:03am in Allergies
- DS2 doesnt digest food well Last post on 11/28/13 at 11:28am in Allergies
- Can food allergies manifest as face bltchiness/under eye redness? Last post on 11/26/13 at 10:01pm in Allergies
- Eliminating wheat/dairy/corn to heal allergies/asthma Last post on 11/28/13 at 11:46am in Allergies
- Should peanut butter be banned in schools? Last post on 11/30/13 at 10:21am in Learning at School
anyone else battling fragrance and chemical allergies?
I personally battle with chemical/fragrance allergies. I get the burning sinuses and eyes, I feel nauseous, I feel like I can't breath and cough a lot, sometimes it's asthma. I wish people would just stop wearing nasty chemical fragrances all the time. It smells awful and adverse reactions to them are common. I don't know what can help, but I wanted to just offer some support. I think just as all public places have become smoke-free (at least in CA) that eventually they will all become scent-free. I really hope so.
Many scents and "fumes" give me an almost instant headache, and occasionally nausea. Thankfully both go away fairly quickly once I am in fresher air. I got off a bus once in the freezing cold and waited for the next one due to someone wearing perfume….
My biggest gripe is the lack of awareness and sensitivity people show for those with scent issues. They think we are just whining or something.
Yep, they're awful. My home is fine but I really can't stand going to other homes or crowded places or even near the laundry aisle at stores.
Last time I took my kids to the children's museum, the soap from the bubble room was permeating the air and gave me such a migraine I ended up in the er with a panic attack.
And yes, I have family members who think I'm full of it.
- › December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with... 2 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 3 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ November 2013 5 minutes ago
- › Has your kid taken the talent search exam for the CTD's NUMATS? 6 minutes ago
- › i would like some advice i just found out that i am pregnant 6 minutes ago
- › What are your favorite baby products? 6 minutes ago
- › Into the 2nd Trimester! 7 minutes ago
- › s/o xdh blackmailing me about my dating life 7 minutes ago
- › Need a little reassurance...and honest thoughts! 9 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo