- 3,325 Posts. Joined 4/2003
- Location: -40 F
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Any value in allergy testing for eczema? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:11am in Allergies
- Most people say spitting up is normal, but... Last post on 5/17/13 at 9:40am in Allergies
- Allergy to Beets Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:37pm in Allergies
- How to start healing the gut? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:13am in Allergies
- How long until dairy leaves your system? Last post on 5/8/13 at 5:36am in Allergies
anyone else battling fragrance and chemical allergies?
I personally battle with chemical/fragrance allergies. I get the burning sinuses and eyes, I feel nauseous, I feel like I can't breath and cough a lot, sometimes it's asthma. I wish people would just stop wearing nasty chemical fragrances all the time. It smells awful and adverse reactions to them are common. I don't know what can help, but I wanted to just offer some support. I think just as all public places have become smoke-free (at least in CA) that eventually they will all become scent-free. I really hope so.
Many scents and "fumes" give me an almost instant headache, and occasionally nausea. Thankfully both go away fairly quickly once I am in fresher air. I got off a bus once in the freezing cold and waited for the next one due to someone wearing perfume….
My biggest gripe is the lack of awareness and sensitivity people show for those with scent issues. They think we are just whining or something.
Yep, they're awful. My home is fine but I really can't stand going to other homes or crowded places or even near the laundry aisle at stores.
Last time I took my kids to the children's museum, the soap from the bubble room was permeating the air and gave me such a migraine I ended up in the er with a panic attack.
And yes, I have family members who think I'm full of it.
- anyone else battling fragrance and chemical allergies?
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 15 minutes ago
- › First Foods Pics Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Mother's Day 27 minutes ago
- › Baby Talk 30 minutes ago
- › Anyone in the centre region (nears Tours)? 38 minutes ago
- › My 3 year old is freaking me out 41 minutes ago
- › public potty-training with toddler AND newborn 46 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 48 minutes ago
- › Is Montessori worth it in this situation? 51 minutes ago
- › Can anyone recc a good pedi/family Dr in Coeur D Alene area? 53 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo