- topicAllergiestagged by System, 12/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Fruit makes me gag Last post on Today at 2:14 am in Allergies
- unsupportive dr, not sure where to go from here. Last post on Yesterday at 8:51 pm in Allergies
- breastfeeding and allergies Last post on 2/12/14 at 9:35pm in Allergies
- Total elimination diet- rice/oat sensitivity? Last post on 2/15/14 at 7:50pm in Allergies
- Toddler helping with contact allergies? Last post on 2/15/14 at 7:22pm in Allergies
anyone else battling fragrance and chemical allergies?
I personally battle with chemical/fragrance allergies. I get the burning sinuses and eyes, I feel nauseous, I feel like I can't breath and cough a lot, sometimes it's asthma. I wish people would just stop wearing nasty chemical fragrances all the time. It smells awful and adverse reactions to them are common. I don't know what can help, but I wanted to just offer some support. I think just as all public places have become smoke-free (at least in CA) that eventually they will all become scent-free. I really hope so.
Many scents and "fumes" give me an almost instant headache, and occasionally nausea. Thankfully both go away fairly quickly once I am in fresher air. I got off a bus once in the freezing cold and waited for the next one due to someone wearing perfume….
My biggest gripe is the lack of awareness and sensitivity people show for those with scent issues. They think we are just whining or something.
Yep, they're awful. My home is fine but I really can't stand going to other homes or crowded places or even near the laundry aisle at stores.
Last time I took my kids to the children's museum, the soap from the bubble room was permeating the air and gave me such a migraine I ended up in the er with a panic attack.
And yes, I have family members who think I'm full of it.
- › Foreskin forcibly retracted 7 seconds ago
- › Bizarre question: gifted 4yo and potty training 20 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 51 minutes ago
- › Gestational Diabetes Support Group 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Fruit makes me gag 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Unplanned UBAC waterbirth, painless. *pics* 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › WISC IV scores v. Kauffman FCI 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Has anyone had revision surgery on a perineal tear? 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Coping with husband not wanting more children 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Devastated over husband not wanting more children. 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild