I know that sounds strange but that's my daughter (not strange, but loving testing). Is there a way to do this while using the PSA?
Related Forum Threads
- Getting started. I need a push in the right direction Last post on 2/27/14 at 8:08am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- 2014 Homeschool Conventions Last post on 2/25/14 at 9:19pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Homeschooling in SE Michigan Last post on 2/19/14 at 8:24pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- What is on your "short list" right now? Last post on 2/11/14 at 11:32pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Favourite Curriculum Last post on 2/13/14 at 8:38pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- 6 Uniquely Green Items to Add to Your Back to School ListLast edited: 8/6/13
Sixth Grader still wants to do STAR testingpost #1 of 612/15/12 at 11:32amThread Starterpost #2 of 612/22/12 at 11:31amThread Starterpost #3 of 612/22/12 at 12:44pm
Well, I'd love to help, but I don't have a clue what STAR or PSA mean. Is it possible that your question is location-specific in a way that Mothering.com is not? Perhaps that's why you haven't got any responses.
My kids have done standardized testing from time to time, happily or even eagerly. One test was done as part of a study on homeschooling. While ours was provided to us free because we were part of the study, we discovered it would be easy to purchase the test as a homeschooling parent even if we weren't part of a study.
But we're in Canada, and the test was the CAT-3, the Canadian Achievement Test v.3, which I don't think is likely at all helpful to you.
Mirandapost #4 of 612/23/12 at 1:53pm
I believe the STAR test is the computerized reading placement test for AR reading program. I don't know how to access it outside of a b&m school. My middle is doing a dual enrollment thing this year and has taken the STAR assessment. It is supposed to be more of a comprehension vs fluency test (assuming that I understand it correctly).
However, I don't know what PSA stands for. Sorry. If she just wants testing experiences, there are lots of those available. A free reading comprehension testing is http://www.bookadventure.com/home.aspx She can earn points, etc. Perhaps it will satisfy her need for testing?
Amypost #5 of 612/24/12 at 12:29am
This question is probably California-specific. PSA, in California, is the Private School Affidavit, the method in California of homeschooling independently (you declare yourself to be a private school, with as many students as you have children of compulsory school age), and STAR is California's standardized testing program for public schools.post #6 of 612/24/12 at 9:19am
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 4 minutes ago
- › Need Book series ideas 9 minutes ago
- › Anyone have any ideas for my dilemma? 18 minutes ago
- › BEST Diaper Balm!!! 19 minutes ago
- › Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... 19 minutes ago
- › March Unschooling Thread 21 minutes ago
- › tubal ligation 24 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 27 minutes ago
- › Sleep anxiety? 29 minutes ago
- › Placenta Encapsulation 30 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher