I know that sounds strange but that's my daughter (not strange, but loving testing). Is there a way to do this while using the PSA?
Related Forum Threads
- "Educational" minecraft servers to join? Last post on Yesterday at 1:44 pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Did you give up anything to homeschool your kids? Last post on 12/12/13 at 9:13am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Figuring out learning style Last post on 11/21/13 at 5:09am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- You Have Options! Oak Meadow November 2013 Giveaway! Last post on 12/4/13 at 3:28pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- multiplication tables? How to teach... Last post on 11/21/13 at 7:50pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- 6 Uniquely Green Items to Add to Your Back to School ListLast edited: 8/6/13
Sixth Grader still wants to do STAR testingpost #1 of 612/15/12 at 11:32amThread Starterpost #2 of 612/22/12 at 11:31amThread Starterpost #3 of 612/22/12 at 12:44pm
Well, I'd love to help, but I don't have a clue what STAR or PSA mean. Is it possible that your question is location-specific in a way that Mothering.com is not? Perhaps that's why you haven't got any responses.
My kids have done standardized testing from time to time, happily or even eagerly. One test was done as part of a study on homeschooling. While ours was provided to us free because we were part of the study, we discovered it would be easy to purchase the test as a homeschooling parent even if we weren't part of a study.
But we're in Canada, and the test was the CAT-3, the Canadian Achievement Test v.3, which I don't think is likely at all helpful to you.
Mirandapost #4 of 612/23/12 at 1:53pm
I believe the STAR test is the computerized reading placement test for AR reading program. I don't know how to access it outside of a b&m school. My middle is doing a dual enrollment thing this year and has taken the STAR assessment. It is supposed to be more of a comprehension vs fluency test (assuming that I understand it correctly).
However, I don't know what PSA stands for. Sorry. If she just wants testing experiences, there are lots of those available. A free reading comprehension testing is http://www.bookadventure.com/home.aspx She can earn points, etc. Perhaps it will satisfy her need for testing?
Amypost #5 of 612/24/12 at 12:29am
This question is probably California-specific. PSA, in California, is the Private School Affidavit, the method in California of homeschooling independently (you declare yourself to be a private school, with as many students as you have children of compulsory school age), and STAR is California's standardized testing program for public schools.post #6 of 612/24/12 at 9:19am
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...
- › Movies and the highly sensitive child 3 minutes ago
- › On a lighter note! 10 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 11 minutes ago
- › Shameless Baby Pictures - For June DDC Babies!!! 19 minutes ago
- › 2.5 year old nursling-- is she nursing too much? 25 minutes ago
- › December Unschooling Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Show off your bump here! 44 minutes ago
- › Empowering Fearless Birth Conference 54 minutes ago
- › Our neighbors have anatomically correct snowman. Am I a prude if... 56 minutes ago
- › money to homeschool from government? 56 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways To Have Fun At Christmas by Sarah Clark
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh