I know that sounds strange but that's my daughter (not strange, but loving testing). Is there a way to do this while using the PSA?
Related Forum Threads
- Bridging the Summer Gap? Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- What Motivates us? What motivates our kids? Last post on 5/16/13 at 8:36pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Early preparation for homeschooling? Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:31am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! Last post on Today at 12:16 am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Chapter Books with Diverse Characters for 7 year old Last post on 5/14/13 at 6:05am in Learning at Home and Beyond
The Season of Wonder
Edited on 5/3/13
- Incorporating Art into HomeschoolingEdited on 3/17/13
- Homeschooling Thanksgiving in a Culturally Sensitive WayEdited on 12/6/12
- Homeschooling with Chronic IllnessEdited on 11/30/12
- Back to School Resources on Mothering.comEdited on 3/8/13
Sixth Grader still wants to do STAR testingpost #1 of 612/15/12 at 11:32amThread Starterpost #2 of 612/22/12 at 11:31amThread Starterpost #3 of 612/22/12 at 12:44pm
Well, I'd love to help, but I don't have a clue what STAR or PSA mean. Is it possible that your question is location-specific in a way that Mothering.com is not? Perhaps that's why you haven't got any responses.
My kids have done standardized testing from time to time, happily or even eagerly. One test was done as part of a study on homeschooling. While ours was provided to us free because we were part of the study, we discovered it would be easy to purchase the test as a homeschooling parent even if we weren't part of a study.
But we're in Canada, and the test was the CAT-3, the Canadian Achievement Test v.3, which I don't think is likely at all helpful to you.
Mirandapost #4 of 612/23/12 at 1:53pm
I believe the STAR test is the computerized reading placement test for AR reading program. I don't know how to access it outside of a b&m school. My middle is doing a dual enrollment thing this year and has taken the STAR assessment. It is supposed to be more of a comprehension vs fluency test (assuming that I understand it correctly).
However, I don't know what PSA stands for. Sorry. If she just wants testing experiences, there are lots of those available. A free reading comprehension testing is http://www.bookadventure.com/home.aspx She can earn points, etc. Perhaps it will satisfy her need for testing?
Amypost #5 of 612/24/12 at 12:29am
This question is probably California-specific. PSA, in California, is the Private School Affidavit, the method in California of homeschooling independently (you declare yourself to be a private school, with as many students as you have children of compulsory school age), and STAR is California's standardized testing program for public schools.post #6 of 612/24/12 at 9:19am
i'm not sure about STAR testing specifically, but there certainly are many standardized tests your daughter can still take while homeschooling. my 11 year old takes one that i distribute, but we don't turn in the results or anything. it isn't required here.
- Sixth Grader still wants to do STAR testing
- Incorporating Art into Homeschooling
- › Petrified of giving birth this time around 8 seconds ago
- › Selling our house! 1 minute ago
- › Queer Conceptions: May 2013 2 minutes ago
- › You are a good mom 3 minutes ago
- › Would you lovely ladies mind helping me win the mothering contest? 6 minutes ago
- › Names? 10 minutes ago
- › How old is "old enough" to leave a teen home alone overnight? 10 minutes ago
- › Blending families question 14 minutes ago
- › Anxiety and breastfeeding 17 minutes ago
- › Best (cheapest!) place to buy organic baby/kids clothes? 18 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11