I know that sounds strange but that's my daughter (not strange, but loving testing). Is there a way to do this while using the PSA?
Related Forum Threads
- An important video: "This Mother Tore Off Labels And Nurtured Her Son’s Hidden... Last post on 3/24/14 at 9:18pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Beautiful Educational Materials? Last post on 3/16/14 at 12:02pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- help me design my curriculum for next year! (5 year old doing first grade) Last post on 3/17/14 at 5:09pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- time4learning, experiences with it? Last post on 3/21/14 at 5:17pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Minecraft homeschool Last post on 4/17/14 at 4:08am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- 6 Uniquely Green Items to Add to Your Back to School ListLast edited: 8/6/13
Sixth Grader still wants to do STAR testingpost #1 of 612/15/12 at 11:32amThread Starterpost #2 of 612/22/12 at 11:31amThread Starterpost #3 of 612/22/12 at 12:44pm
Well, I'd love to help, but I don't have a clue what STAR or PSA mean. Is it possible that your question is location-specific in a way that Mothering.com is not? Perhaps that's why you haven't got any responses.
My kids have done standardized testing from time to time, happily or even eagerly. One test was done as part of a study on homeschooling. While ours was provided to us free because we were part of the study, we discovered it would be easy to purchase the test as a homeschooling parent even if we weren't part of a study.
But we're in Canada, and the test was the CAT-3, the Canadian Achievement Test v.3, which I don't think is likely at all helpful to you.
Mirandapost #4 of 612/23/12 at 1:53pm
I believe the STAR test is the computerized reading placement test for AR reading program. I don't know how to access it outside of a b&m school. My middle is doing a dual enrollment thing this year and has taken the STAR assessment. It is supposed to be more of a comprehension vs fluency test (assuming that I understand it correctly).
However, I don't know what PSA stands for. Sorry. If she just wants testing experiences, there are lots of those available. A free reading comprehension testing is http://www.bookadventure.com/home.aspx She can earn points, etc. Perhaps it will satisfy her need for testing?
Amypost #5 of 612/24/12 at 12:29am
This question is probably California-specific. PSA, in California, is the Private School Affidavit, the method in California of homeschooling independently (you declare yourself to be a private school, with as many students as you have children of compulsory school age), and STAR is California's standardized testing program for public schools.post #6 of 612/24/12 at 9:19am
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...
- › One concerned parent to another 2 minutes ago
- › One concerned parent to another 4 minutes ago
- › Is a playpen even necessary? 5 minutes ago
- › Post Partum Chat Thread 15 minutes ago
- › My Husband changed his mind!! 19 minutes ago
- › New Step mom of a 12 year old boy 25 minutes ago
- › Hello. Second Time around... 27 minutes ago
- › Hi! TTC with history of fibroids 34 minutes ago
- › Hallo (: 40 minutes ago
- › So exhausted!! 43 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness