Title says it all...
- topicPre Teens
Related Forum Threads
- More than 50% of the time, Rude, Moody, Mean ELEVEN Year old Girl. Last post on 5/20/13 at 9:58am in Preteens and Teens
- At what age are children allowed to make their own decisions? Last post on 5/17/13 at 8:47am in Preteens and Teens
- My best friends daughter is really mean to my daughter for years Last post on 5/19/13 at 5:37am in Preteens and Teens
- How to keep from crying Last post on 5/6/13 at 4:35pm in Preteens and Teens
- Teaching table manners to a 12-year-old Last post on 5/17/13 at 12:03pm in Preteens and Teens
Five Tips for Helping Tweens (Re)Discover Pleasure Reading
Edited on 4/18/13
- Baby, baby, baby ohhEdited on 3/30/13
- Baby, baby, baby ohh
How many hours of sleep does your 11 year old need? What time does she/he go to bed?
Sigh...I think my DC is like your DC was. I'm trying to eek out a bit more time in the day and thought I could bump her bedtime back a half-hour. In the end, she rarely goes to sleep by 8:30 though, which is her current bed time. Maybe I could bump it back but be more strict on reading time and lights out...
Dylan started going to bed at 10 pm at age 11 with a morning wake up call at 7 am for a total of 9 hours of sleep. Now at almost age 15, he really needs more sleep than that but going to bed before 10 is no good as he wouldn't fall asleep. Since we home school, he could get up later in the morning but then he wouldn't have time to do everything he needs and wants to do. So he occasionally takes an afternoon nap to catch up on his sleep.
Dsd is 11.5, goes to bed around 9:30 on school nights, 9:30-10 on weekends, is up with an alarm at 6:15 school days, up by 8 at the very latest on the weekends and seems to function fine either way..so, between 9-10 hours.
My 11 yr old dd needs 11+ hrs of sleep before she'll wake up on her own. During the week she gets about 9 1/2 hrs/night. Bedtime is 9 but she never falls asleep until 9:30, and she has to get up at 6:50 am for school.
My dd is 12 and she usually gets around 9-10 hours of sleep. She has been very tired lately though, so I am thinking this may not be enough. However, she shares a room with her 10 yr old brother and he is fine with less sleep. We are really struggling with enabling her to sleep enough but her wanting to stay up later. Have any of you dealt with this? We usually have lights out at 8:30-9:00 p.m. on school nights and they wake up at 6:45 a.m.
- How many hours of sleep does your 11 year old need? What time does she/he go to bed?
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 28 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: May 2013 48 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 52 minutes ago
- › is this positive (CD 14) 1 hour ago
- › Need advice- obsessed Grandma causing problems 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › April 2013 Book Challenge 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Summer Homeschooling? Are you doing any? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Grimm's Spiel & Holz Fraction Circles Puzzle 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › Gilligan & O'Malley® Womens Full Sling Long Nursing Tank by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo