or Connect
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › »~»~»~ Spotlight on Beanbean06! ~«~«~«

»~»~»~ Spotlight on Beanbean06! ~«~«~« - Page 2

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennJenn84 View Post

What is the crziest hormone related moment you've had so far?

Hahaha oh my. Well I've had a lot but the craziest would have to be abt 2weeks ago I was starving so I called my my DH and asked him to get me some food when he had a minute... (Cuz im on bedrest) Wll an hour went by. He forgot. So now I'm seriously gonna die if I don't eat something! I yelled that I was REALLY hungry! And he was all oh no babe I totally forgot I'm sorry. And he runs down stairs, well he came back up really fast and handed me an APPLE! A freakin APPLE!?!?!?!?!!!!! I hadn't eaten in like 3/4 hrs I need a MEAL! When I realized he was seriously and wanted me to eat this apple and wait 2 more hrs!!!! For a meal!!!! I.LOST.MY.SH*T. Lol I started crying and yelling and when he laughed (cuz of the sheer shock of my outburst I'm sure lol) I threw the apple at him! And he ducked and it hit the wall and I guess I have some kind of super momma strength or somthing lol but it exploded when it hit the wall! He turned around with his mouth hanging open not sure what to say and I growled "I NEED food NOW!" He was all YES MA'AM! I think he was terrified. I've NEVER acted like that before IN.MY.LIFE. It was bizarre. And all was fine again once I ate smile.gif and thankfully he was scarred and we can laugh abt it now, but you best believe he doesn't ignore me when I say I'm hungry anymore wink1.gif LOL (and he's yet to bring me another apple unless I've specifically asked for it lol)
post #22 of 27

As strange as it may seem, I can't tell you how many times I have prayed for you and your sweet baby, BeanBean. Just knowing that you have gone so long and tried so hard to have your miracle baby has touched my heart, and even more so now that you are having to work so hard and stay on constant alert to keep her in there until it's safe to come out! 

Are you enjoying your pregnancy like you imagined you would when you pictured yourself being pregnant, or are you just ready to get off of bed rest and have her here? 

post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambihelton View Post

As strange as it may seem, I can't tell you how many times I have prayed for you and your sweet baby, BeanBean. Just knowing that you have gone so long and tried so hard to have your miracle baby has touched my heart, and even more so now that you are having to work so hard and stay on constant alert to keep her in there until it's safe to come out! 


Are you enjoying your pregnancy like you imagined you would when you pictured yourself being pregnant, or are you just ready to get off of bed rest and have her here? 

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the prayers smile.gif

And honestly... Altho I LOVE that I can feel her and watch her move inside my belly and love feeling her grow and having a bump. It's just to worrisome and stressful to enjoy... I'm just so anxious to get her here safe. I had another bought of contractions last night... I was able to get them to stop with meds and drowning myself in about a gallon of water. But most morning I wake up wondering if she'll come today, it's scary. Not at all how I pictured pregnancy, and that makes me sad sometimes but as long as she stays in and is healthy all of that "fun" stuff I'm missing is secondary,.. I think once I get to "term" (36 weeks) and get my stitch out maybe then ill be able to enjoy the pregnancy a bit. I hope she waits a few days at least after that before she comes lol
post #24 of 27

Do you think being a nanny has prepared you for being a parent? Are there things you plan to do different ?

I have heard over and over again that it will be soooo different when it is your own child.. The kids I have nannied for are always well behaved. have manners and respect.. but everyone thinks it will not be that way  when it is our children.  

post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cananny View Post

Do you think being a nanny has prepared you for being a parent? Are there things you plan to do different ?
I have heard over and over again that it will be soooo different when it is your own child.. The kids I have nannied for are always well behaved. have manners and respect.. but everyone thinks it will not be that way  when it is our children.  

I think it will help me once the baby is 6/8 weeks and on... But it certainly didn't prepare me for all this pregnancy drama or birth or breast feeding... I feel like a complete dummy when it comes to all of that lol but once she is a few months old and older I know I have a lot of confidence I've gained from being a nanny for so many children... The simple day to day things will be very "routine" to me,... And I'm very grateful I'm so well practiced in diapering, burping, making homemade baby food, home remedies for different things from colic to coughing... All things I've picked up over the years. There is a lot we will do differently! I plan on BFing for as long as possible and letting her lead the way when it comes to weaning, we also plan to cosleep long term and let her lead the way when it comes to wanting her own room. I plan to baby wear a lot and use gentle/attachment parenting practices with her. I've NEVER worked for a family who has done any of that, altho I did it when their kids were with me smile.gif

And I was always very strict with my charges as well... But I have a feeling that is going to be real hard with little miracle girl lol I'm already sort if resigned to the fact she's gonna be somewhat spoiled lol with oboe of course wink1.gif between my DH and I I will def be the stricter parent... He's a big ole softy and I know will be wrapped around her little finger from the moment he sees her smile.gif

The things that currently have me nervous are bathing a newborn. I've never bathed a baby less than 6/8 weeks. And just the whole idea that I'm going to be the parent lol like if something happens there is no "calling the parents to see what they want me to do" LOL that freaks me out a little, but I'm sure my instincts and experience will come together and we will be ok! Atleast I hope so... Lol
post #26 of 27
Thread Starter 

Your bunny is freaking awesome and totally adorable.

 

I can't believe you are so close to getting the cerclage out! Are the doctors concerned at all about her coming out right away or are they totally confident it'll be no big deal? How do you feel about that possibility?

post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFF4NY View Post

Your bunny is freaking awesome and totally adorable.

I can't believe you are so close to getting the cerclage out! Are the doctors concerned at all about her coming out right away or are they totally confident it'll be no big deal? How do you feel about that possibility?

Thank you smile.gif we love our bun bun smile.gif

And yeah abt 8 weeks. Honestly I'm so worried about her coming super early with all these contractions I've been having that if I get her to 36 weeks I'm gonna feel SUPER accomplished! I of course am hoping she goes til at least 37 but I will be getting steriod shots for her lungs here at some point int he next month. So I'm not all that worried abt her coming when they take it out. I am kinda hoping she'll give me a week or so after they take it out tho, cuz once it's out I'm officially completely off bed rest smile.gif I'd love to be able to get out a little with my Bump before its gone lol one last date with the hubby's would be awesome! But whatever happens will be her perfect time smile.gif I'm actually super excited for labor lol
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › »~»~»~ Spotlight on Beanbean06! ~«~«~«