or Connect
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~*Weekly Chat Thread for Dec. 21st - Dec. 27th*~

~*Weekly Chat Thread for Dec. 21st - Dec. 27th*~ - Page 2

post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post

Yay, Crafty, that's awesome!! I just found out a friend is doing something similar for me. I am just floored! joy.gif
I wish I had some idea of whether this was going to get better or worse. I guess I figure it's going to get worse, because I'm not actually throwing up every morning, yet. I'm nauseous a huge chunk of the day and have smell and food aversions, etc., but I've actually thrown up more in the middle of the night than any other time. eyesroll.gif I'm just a couple days from 8 weeks and I never do see a recession even by 12, maaaaybe a little better around 15, but I can be sick the entire pregnancy, off and on. greensad.gif I remember being so excited that I could tell my MW I had not actually thrown up since I last saw her, and then realized it was because we were already down to weekly visits. And that didn't last. Sigh. redface.gif
Not even including the first trimester issues, life has been hell (and I don't use that term lightly) for the last 2+ weeks. I'm praying we get through Christmas and are able to enjoy it all. I'm doing everything I can to protect my kids from the hell and give them a joyful Christmas. But it is really, really tough. greensad.gif

Hugs, HeatherB! I hope everything goes okay for Christmas for all your family and I'll be optimistic that sickness will wane quickly. I will be cheer leading for you all the way- the least I can do for my sister in sickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISDiva View Post

Ah, poutine. My husband is from Buffalo, NY, which might as well be Canada sometimes. *haha*. I heard there's actually a restaurant opening here in Milwaukee that's going to have some Canadian specialties such as that. Not sure about Kraft dinner. wink1.gif
Speaking of dietary habits, I have the opposite problem as some. I am only 6 weeks and I can't stop eating, it keeps the nausea away. I've always had trouble gaining weight, I have a feeling the tides have turned! We went to a mom and pop diner tonight after looking at holiday lights, it was so, so good. And bad. But really good. if you know what I mean...
Hang in there ladies, I feel so awful for those that aren't feeling well, especially at this time of year!

When you say Kraft dinner, do you mean Macaroni and cheese? The only other allusion to this I know of is from The Barenaked Ladies song If I Had A Million Dollars. I was a big fan in college and I remember people would bring and throw Mac and Cheese at their concerts. I know they are Canadian, but I have never heard a Texas person say this.

Also, I know just what you mean about the insatiable hunger. Before and even sometimes during while I was sick during pregnancy with DS, I could eat ungodly amounts of food. I ordered things on the menu based on what was the BIGGEST. No kidding. I do have fierce hunger pangs this time around, but they are overshadowed by the insane nausea. I used to call DS the Maw in Utero after this video game my husband had of a cute little alien that started out tiny but became huge after eating everything in sight. Not sure what to call this baby...the grim reaper? :-/

We're leaving in a few minutes to take DS on the Polar Express. I booked the tickets as unknowing October person. But he's so looking forward to it! Stomach, self: hold on.
post #22 of 33
Thread Starter 

I got a nasty snot cold yesterday so that plus the morning sickness kept me on the couch in my PJs all day. Today is better.

 

We told the kids this morning. Actually I told Bee and did a little dance with her when we first found out, but at 19 months, she has no idea and keeps secrets well.

Monkey asked a few questions, likes the name Iggy and then suggest as forever names Sum-Sum, Cred, and Flute. Just now he told me Iggy was bad because he is making my tummy sick. Ah, the mind of a three year old.

post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post
Oh, and I already had to take my ring off, it was digging into my finger.  It might have been because we started a fire yesterday and I was all warm and toasty and I started to swell.

 

Last pregnancy, I had recently been given my mother-in-law's former wedding ring to use as my own (she is a widow), but it was a little large for my finger.  I had held out on having it resized because I was sure I was going to swell.  In fact, my fingers seemed to shrink instead, and I ended up losing the ring in the woods and we never found it despite multiple searches through the poison oak with a metal detector. greensad.gif  Have not dared to tell my MIL yet, actually. bag.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighPF View Post

I got a nasty snot cold yesterday so that plus the morning sickness kept me on the couch in my PJs all day. Today is better.

 

Hope you feel better soon Leigh! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighPF View Post

We told the kids this morning. Actually I told Bee and did a little dance with her when we first found out, but at 19 months, she has no idea and keeps secrets well.

Monkey asked a few questions, likes the name Iggy and then suggest as forever names Sum-Sum, Cred, and Flute. Just now he told me Iggy was bad because he is making my tummy sick. Ah, the mind of a three year old.

 

That is so cute! love.gif   We have not told DS yet, not sure when we will. 

post #24 of 33
Thread Starter 

Told all the family last night on skype with Bee in her big sister T-shirt.

Everyone happy, but my dad does not like the idea of being here for a HB, he things go to the hospital, no muss, no fuss, come home the next day. But there was so much muss and fuss inherent in the hospital.

 

But he would be OK if he could take the kids out and not have to be around until I was tucked in bed with baby.

post #25 of 33
Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas. My kids have been happy, so far. I've got tons of wrapping left (actually, thankfully I don't have that many gifts for everyone!) and I have to build a big play kitchen for DD. Now I'm definitely wishing I'd gone for the smaller one!! eyesroll.gif

Thankfully, I didn't get sick today, though I've felt pretty awful on and off. The smoked salmon, cream cheese, and water crackers tonight were soooo perfect, but even after eating all of that protein, I felt sick. Bah. (Thankfully, there's more left!) I'm still fighting a "toothache" that encompasses from 1/4 to 1/2 my mouth and jaw pain on top of that. And these weird headaches. Seriously, enough is enough!! Hoping to get everything done and get some sleep and that tomorrow will be better.

Oh, I keep noticing how our stockings are hung this year... I only put up the kids'. We have not-quite-matched holders, one set that says "JOY" and then two mismatched snowflakes, one on each end. We have used something random to hold the extra stocking each year (there are six of us). This year, I opted not to put up the adult stockings and just put up the four kids across the 5 hooks, leaving one open in the middle for balance. I thought about hanging a tiny stocking there, but since we haven't even told the kids, I didn't do it... But the space is there for next year. love.gif
post #26 of 33

ugh....really nauseous this morning. I could also barely keep my eyes open last night even after a nap. I have a feeling that 6 weeks is going to hit me like a ton of bricks.puke.gifBut all our family that we are visiting know now so I have an excuse to be anti-social if I want to.sleeping.gifI must admit though it is nice to really feel pregnant even if I want to curl up and ignore the outside world!

post #27 of 33
Merry Christmas to you all! I spent 2 nights ago throwing up in the middle of the night. Ergh. But I'll still comforted by it that it's a good sign smile.gif
post #28 of 33

Merry Christmas!!

 

Feeling so much better.  Last two mornings after breakfast I haven't felt nauseated after eating.  Yay!!  Seeing the babe on Friday and couldn't be more excited!!
 

post #29 of 33
Pretty good day today, feeling not awful smile.gif

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate today!
post #30 of 33
Merry Christmas to all celebrating today! And much love and peaceful thoughts to those who, like me, spent the day throwing up. Very festive! :-/ Hugs to all!
post #31 of 33

Well, I spent Christmas trying to hide my nausea and crazy, crazy fatigue. Which wasn't helped  by the fact that I was so excited about Christmas that I barely slept the night before eyesroll.gif. I'm like a six year old! The end result was that I was so tired when we made it home that I was nearly in tears. Ugh.
 

post #32 of 33
Hope everyone had a nice day. My kids had a great day which made it worthwhile for me. I actually didn't get sick until last night when I was trying to warm up in the bath. Missing my old tub with its own heater. greensad.gif So I was freezing, then a little warm, then cold... Not sure if that did it or what. Ugh.

My bedroom was a good 20 degrees colder than the game room just outside the door. I was freezing all night. greensad.gif I hope someone can get that fixed. It's great to have the cold room in the summer, but it's crazy now!
post #33 of 33
(duplicate on mobile - sorry)
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~*Weekly Chat Thread for Dec. 21st - Dec. 27th*~