- 454 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on Yesterday at 12:17 pm in Trying To Conceive
- is this positive (CD 14) Last post on Yesterday at 8:34 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on Yesterday at 6:36 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on Yesterday at 12:28 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
Vitex question (probably a broken record!)
jjh5351 what KIND of Vitex are you taking? Tincture has less side effects reported than capsules or pills for just about any herb according to most recent research (PDR of Herbs/ Susun Weed, etc.) Aside from buying Vitex tincture you can make it with dried vitex berry and 100 proof vodka (directions on www.susunweed.com and in her books and on her youtube channel) Susun recommends buying the Vitex tincture and putting up some of your own, letting it tincture for a year and then using it although technically it's ready to use after 6 weeks, she feels the longer tincture time is beneficial. I buy mine from Catskill Mountain Herbs. Hope I didn't overload you on info!
Red Clover infusion, accupuncture and Maya Abdominal Massage worked best for me for #1, though I am now taking Vitex tinc with the hopes of getting #2. OPK never worked for me because I drank too much (water and herbal infusions). You have to get the dry lips from lack of drinking to have them work really well.
Do the soy and maca work for PMS and acne too? That was another HUGE reason I am taking the Vitex- I read that it works wonders for those things. I have a somewhat regular period- just a little unpredictable and the whole ovulation issue. My PCOS really freaks me out and I want to try natural as much as I can because I am still young (23, not that age makes much of a difference if you're ready for a baby).
Darby- I'm so scared of accupuncture and I don't even know if I could find many places that do it here! Was it terribly expensive? That's another concern, somewhat. I may try out something new in a few months if the Vitex doesn't work, or if it screws me up. Everything I've read has said that you need it a few cycles. I may also consider the tincture if it doesn't pan out.
What brand of the herbs and such did you ladies use? I read good reviews on the kind I bought but you just never know. Not all supplements are made alike!
And the idea of dry mouth/dry lips type of thirsty just for OPK just doesn't work for me! I hate being thirsty and water is GOOD for me so I keep on chugging! Suppose I'll just continue with my ways and forget about those pesky tests!
- Vitex question (probably a broken record!)
- › Car dilemma -- which is the better deal? I need help with math. WWYD? 33 seconds ago
- › my 1 year old bump his head and got a massive lump on his head .... 48 seconds ago
- › 23 weeks and still exhausted and having food aversions - anyone else? 5 minutes ago
- › Getting birth center off my back 6 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chat Thread 11 minutes ago
- › DS is different 12 minutes ago
- › What would You do? 13 minutes ago
- › Baby Wiggles 13 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat --May 20-26 15 minutes ago
- › First post-birth meal or snack 16 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by JillVettel
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark