- 454 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Want to take pregnancy test! Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:16am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:31am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:00am in Fertility
- And I'm back...preparing to TTC Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:12am in Trying To Conceive
Vitex question (probably a broken record!)
jjh5351 what KIND of Vitex are you taking? Tincture has less side effects reported than capsules or pills for just about any herb according to most recent research (PDR of Herbs/ Susun Weed, etc.) Aside from buying Vitex tincture you can make it with dried vitex berry and 100 proof vodka (directions on www.susunweed.com and in her books and on her youtube channel) Susun recommends buying the Vitex tincture and putting up some of your own, letting it tincture for a year and then using it although technically it's ready to use after 6 weeks, she feels the longer tincture time is beneficial. I buy mine from Catskill Mountain Herbs. Hope I didn't overload you on info!
Red Clover infusion, accupuncture and Maya Abdominal Massage worked best for me for #1, though I am now taking Vitex tinc with the hopes of getting #2. OPK never worked for me because I drank too much (water and herbal infusions). You have to get the dry lips from lack of drinking to have them work really well.
Do the soy and maca work for PMS and acne too? That was another HUGE reason I am taking the Vitex- I read that it works wonders for those things. I have a somewhat regular period- just a little unpredictable and the whole ovulation issue. My PCOS really freaks me out and I want to try natural as much as I can because I am still young (23, not that age makes much of a difference if you're ready for a baby).
Darby- I'm so scared of accupuncture and I don't even know if I could find many places that do it here! Was it terribly expensive? That's another concern, somewhat. I may try out something new in a few months if the Vitex doesn't work, or if it screws me up. Everything I've read has said that you need it a few cycles. I may also consider the tincture if it doesn't pan out.
What brand of the herbs and such did you ladies use? I read good reviews on the kind I bought but you just never know. Not all supplements are made alike!
And the idea of dry mouth/dry lips type of thirsty just for OPK just doesn't work for me! I hate being thirsty and water is GOOD for me so I keep on chugging! Suppose I'll just continue with my ways and forget about those pesky tests!
- Vitex question (probably a broken record!)
- › If your child was still co-sleeping at age 7... how much longer? 2 minutes ago
- › Weekly thread May 13-19th 2 minutes ago
- › Autism in Albuquerque? 7 minutes ago
- › Benefits of 5-6 year age spacing? 8 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 12 minutes ago
- › My new 9-year-old step son is driving me bananas... 17 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 35 minutes ago
- › Thoughts,Feelings,nervousness? 37 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 40 minutes ago
- › How do you handle payment for overseas travel when kids are really... 48 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by SmilinMomma
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11