- 454 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- No ppaf and one day of EW surrounded by Abundant creamy cm.. Last post on Today at 9:10 am in Trying To Conceive
- Finding a supportive provider for TTC over 40 Last post on Yesterday at 6:40 pm in Trying To Conceive
- BBT rising on CD4? Last post on Yesterday at 4:23 am in Trying To Conceive
- How often? Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
- COULD THIS BE IMPLANTATION BLEEDING??? Last post on 6/10/13 at 11:08am in Trying To Conceive
Vitex question (probably a broken record!)
jjh5351 what KIND of Vitex are you taking? Tincture has less side effects reported than capsules or pills for just about any herb according to most recent research (PDR of Herbs/ Susun Weed, etc.) Aside from buying Vitex tincture you can make it with dried vitex berry and 100 proof vodka (directions on www.susunweed.com and in her books and on her youtube channel) Susun recommends buying the Vitex tincture and putting up some of your own, letting it tincture for a year and then using it although technically it's ready to use after 6 weeks, she feels the longer tincture time is beneficial. I buy mine from Catskill Mountain Herbs. Hope I didn't overload you on info!
Red Clover infusion, accupuncture and Maya Abdominal Massage worked best for me for #1, though I am now taking Vitex tinc with the hopes of getting #2. OPK never worked for me because I drank too much (water and herbal infusions). You have to get the dry lips from lack of drinking to have them work really well.
Do the soy and maca work for PMS and acne too? That was another HUGE reason I am taking the Vitex- I read that it works wonders for those things. I have a somewhat regular period- just a little unpredictable and the whole ovulation issue. My PCOS really freaks me out and I want to try natural as much as I can because I am still young (23, not that age makes much of a difference if you're ready for a baby).
Darby- I'm so scared of accupuncture and I don't even know if I could find many places that do it here! Was it terribly expensive? That's another concern, somewhat. I may try out something new in a few months if the Vitex doesn't work, or if it screws me up. Everything I've read has said that you need it a few cycles. I may also consider the tincture if it doesn't pan out.
What brand of the herbs and such did you ladies use? I read good reviews on the kind I bought but you just never know. Not all supplements are made alike!
And the idea of dry mouth/dry lips type of thirsty just for OPK just doesn't work for me! I hate being thirsty and water is GOOD for me so I keep on chugging! Suppose I'll just continue with my ways and forget about those pesky tests!
- › anyone ever get married while prego 1 minute ago
- › Christians? 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice about my son becoming an Architect 2 minutes ago
- › Can you all do a favor for me please? 3 minutes ago
- › Realizing I don't feel very confident/equipped about birth. 4 minutes ago
- › Mouse in the house...make that mice 5 minutes ago
- › Having a biological child after adoption 6 minutes ago
- › What's the best book you've read this year? 8 minutes ago
- › Competitive and hitting in DD's cousins - Need Help! 9 minutes ago
- › Roll Call! 11 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Organic Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash,... by fayebond
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by hmiller
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering Bath and... by Cynthia Mosher