I'm so sorry mama... You may not feel like it, but I think you've been very, very strong. You all have my well wishes, and prayers, and my strength, should you need it.
- topicGrief Loss
Related Forum Threads
- Breaking point Last post on 5/11/13 at 10:34pm in Grief and Loss
- My little boy is gone (warning: possibly triggering) Last post on 5/15/13 at 6:58pm in Grief and Loss
- My baby---my 16 year old is gone! Anyone else out there who came home to find their child dead... Last post on 5/16/13 at 7:59am in Grief and Loss
- My dad's sudden death from asthma- and how he lives on through organ donation Last post on 3/27/13 at 8:11pm in Grief and Loss
- 75 days old Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:47pm in Grief and Loss
Looking for the Helpers
Edited on 4/17/13
- Charlotte's GraceEdited on 10/18/12
- Injustice in Our Justice SystemEdited on 1/30/13
- the end of an eraEdited on 10/18/12
- Talking to Children About Tragic Events: The Help of TemperamentsEdited on 10/19/12
My son is dead. - Page 3post #41 of 571/9/13 at 8:39pmpost #42 of 571/9/13 at 8:57pmpost #43 of 571/11/13 at 1:36pmpost #44 of 572/3/13 at 9:48pm
I am so very very sorry for your loss.
My son is 2.5....my only child...and if he was to be taken from me...I could no longer live.....
You are such a very strong women.
I read your whole blog.....it made tears roll down my face.
I would hate the whole world if I were in your shoes.
But you stay positive & strong....you are an amazing women.
My heart and soul are with you and yours,
Nikkipost #45 of 572/11/13 at 11:22pmThere are no words to express how sorry I am and how much I wish I could bring you solace. Your son sounds like he was a beautiful little guy with a strong name. Its so hard to know what to say when a mother loses a child--i think thats why people try to ignore the fact that it happens. That is very unfortunate and i wish things would change. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayerspost #46 of 572/19/13 at 7:23pmpost #47 of 572/19/13 at 7:29pmpost #48 of 572/19/13 at 7:52pmOh, you beautiful lady. It is so special and rare that your little children nursed together like that with you. Something to treasure so dearly. Your strength for your children is a shining light. Love, love, love to you all. I wish I had words to express how I admire and am awed by you.post #49 of 572/24/13 at 12:19pmpost #50 of 572/25/13 at 11:10amSo heartbroken for you. You're grief will always be with you. I have lost two children. I lost my third child eight and a half years ago and my fifth child two years ago. The grief will subside, but will never disappear. I have just learned a new way to live. Losing a child is the worst experience. I still have a relationship with my daughter's that died. They are still my children, Just like Bram will always ne your son. I don't have good advice to help you:(, just take it a day at a time, be gentle with yourself, enjoy the happy moments, set aside time daily to grieve, planting a memorial garden, scrapbooking can be therapeutic. I went to a support group and found like many that it was too hard on me emotionally. Know whatever crazy grief feelings you are experiencing that you ARE NOT alone. Your blog is good, you may want to journal too. I just want to give you a hug!! The change of seasons (wintet to spring) may be of some relief. I personally have a more difficult time in the winter, maybe b/c my last child died the day after Christmas. Plan your special days like Bram's bday, know in advance what you will do that day. We still celebrate our children's birthdays with cakes, etc. Email me if you would like firstname.lastname@example.org. Namaste.post #51 of 573/3/13 at 9:16ampost #52 of 573/18/13 at 7:22pm
I saw your story on facebook and saw that it was his birthday recently. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain that you and your family are going through. you've been in my thoughts and I wish it had never happened.post #53 of 573/24/13 at 2:28pmThread Starterpost #54 of 573/24/13 at 2:49pmpost #55 of 574/13/13 at 7:47pm
I am sitting here at the computer, reading your blog, bawling my eyes out. This world is so unfair. A parent should never lose a child, ever. It is so wrong, and I hate it. I hate the pain you are going through, and I hate the fear I have every single day of losing my own children. I've had those nightmares like the ones you've described, and awoke crying and afraid. There is no future to daydream about, because in an instant your life can change. I accept your challenge, to be bold, to love, and to be fearless--in honor of Bram. All we have for certain is the present, and there is no reason to let one moment slip by without showing your loved ones how important they are.
I'm sorry you, your son, and your family have to suffer this way.post #56 of 575/3/13 at 10:57am
I was just reading your blog and I can't believe the comments you've gotten. What in the hell is wrong with people? He was a child, standing there, a spilt second, anything could go wrong or nothing at all. For goodness sake, I'm outraged for you.
I'm so sorry, people just don't understand, there are no guarantees in life, you literally NEVER know what might happen. It's not about doing everything right.
- My son is dead.
- Charlotte's Grace
- › my a-ha parenting moment 1 minute ago
- › Introductions! 10 minutes ago
- › Overweight children - is it parental neglect? 13 minutes ago
- › worries cropping up again 13 minutes ago
- › May Chat Thread! 14 minutes ago
- › Did your boys arrive later than your girls? 14 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 15 minutes ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 16 minutes ago
- › The *Official* Bead Swap Thread! 17 minutes ago
- › How to avoid Emulsifying Wax...anyone have advice on using xanthum... 18 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf