I can double stuff a cloth diaper and its soaked through diaper, cover, clothes, and sheets by morning! How can I get a diaper to last till morning?
Mothering Top Picks
- categoryDiaperingtagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- making cloth baby wipes Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:38pm in Diapering
- Diaper rash advice needed... Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:51am in Diapering
- What to do with your no-longer-needed cloth diapers? Last post on Today at 11:15 am in Diapering
- Rough/Scratchy Prefolds Last post on 11/20/13 at 8:47am in Diapering
- Alva 4.0 & Gdiaper hack Last post on 11/28/13 at 9:53am in Diapering
The Real Scoop on 10 Natural Diaper Creams: Toxicity and Cloth...
Last edited: 10/6/13
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersLast edited: 4/10/13
- Crazy For Cloth: The Benefits Of Cloth DiapersLast edited: 10/18/12
- Grapefruit Seed Extract to Treat ThrushLast edited: 9/19/10
soaked by morning (2yr old)post #1 of 712/27/12 at 6:46pmThread Starterpost #2 of 712/27/12 at 7:03pm
If you overstuff pockets they tend to roll out exposing the microfleece and allowing for leakage.
Maybe try a larger sized diaper. Or we are really liking the Best Bottom diapers. I am using a lg staydry insert with my 5mo, only thing that she won't leak through. They have a nighttime option too with more layers.post #3 of 712/29/12 at 4:41pmpost #4 of 712/30/12 at 10:06ampost #5 of 712/30/12 at 1:21pmpost #6 of 712/30/12 at 1:22pmpost #7 of 712/31/12 at 10:55am
I agree that overstuffing a pocket can compromise the fit and the pee just rolls out.
We have two options for my heavy night wetter. My son pees only at the top front of his diaper, so I focus the goods there. My daughter when she wet heavily, did so right in the middle, so I focused there.
Fitted with an extra hemp insert folded in half and tucked inside or over the top of the diaper. PUL cover. I love fitteds because it is so easy to add extra absorbency inside or out. I have a Motherease toddler and a LoveyBums with a Bummies SWW or a Bummies new pull on (love them).
FB large pocket (which is on the smallest setting for him) with the microfiber insert and an extra hemp folded in half, under the microfiber at the front.
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering Community
- › Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s 6 minutes ago
- › Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 10 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Agonizing over Christmas gifts for kids!!! 14 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 15 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 36 minutes ago
- › Potty suggestions for 8 month old? 38 minutes ago
- › More on the topic of baby stuff 39 minutes ago
- › Baby cries/screams while ECing, but only for poo! 40 minutes ago
- › Home Birth Mamas - Are you out there? 43 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo