I can double stuff a cloth diaper and its soaked through diaper, cover, clothes, and sheets by morning! How can I get a diaper to last till morning?
Mothering Top Picks
- categoryDiaperingtagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me decide -- ME OS vs EconoME Last post on Yesterday at 12:08 pm in Diapering
- Wool covers, inserts and a two year old Last post on 3/10/14 at 6:12pm in Diapering
- Hard water Last post on 3/8/14 at 9:06pm in Diapering
- best way to strip diapers Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:42pm in Diapering
- Diapers still sudsy after rinsing Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:17pm in Diapering
The Real Scoop on 10 Natural Diaper Creams: Toxicity and Cloth...
Last edited: 10/6/13
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersLast edited: 4/10/13
- Crazy For Cloth: The Benefits Of Cloth DiapersLast edited: 10/18/12
- Grapefruit Seed Extract to Treat ThrushLast edited: 9/19/10
soaked by morning (2yr old)post #1 of 712/27/12 at 6:46pmThread Starterpost #2 of 712/27/12 at 7:03pm
If you overstuff pockets they tend to roll out exposing the microfleece and allowing for leakage.
Maybe try a larger sized diaper. Or we are really liking the Best Bottom diapers. I am using a lg staydry insert with my 5mo, only thing that she won't leak through. They have a nighttime option too with more layers.post #3 of 712/29/12 at 4:41pmpost #4 of 712/30/12 at 10:06ampost #5 of 712/30/12 at 1:21pmpost #6 of 712/30/12 at 1:22pmpost #7 of 712/31/12 at 10:55am
I agree that overstuffing a pocket can compromise the fit and the pee just rolls out.
We have two options for my heavy night wetter. My son pees only at the top front of his diaper, so I focus the goods there. My daughter when she wet heavily, did so right in the middle, so I focused there.
Fitted with an extra hemp insert folded in half and tucked inside or over the top of the diaper. PUL cover. I love fitteds because it is so easy to add extra absorbency inside or out. I have a Motherease toddler and a LoveyBums with a Bummies SWW or a Bummies new pull on (love them).
FB large pocket (which is on the smallest setting for him) with the microfiber insert and an extra hemp folded in half, under the microfiber at the front.
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering Community
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 4 minutes ago
- › TTC with Maca? 6 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Crockpot meals on the cheap? 6 minutes ago
- › Older child uncomfortable 8 minutes ago
- › help..when partners disagree on vaxing 9 minutes ago
- › Wheaton Pediatrics--West burbs Chicagoland 10 minutes ago
- › Worried about measles in NYC 16 minutes ago
- › Crafting for Baby 17 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo