Found a fabric car carrier I'm going to make - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/120471358755356799/. Love that this one has a circular track to drive on. Now I just need to pull out my fabric stash and get it on it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicArts And Craftstagged by System, 12/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- how can I attach ladybug spots to a red shirt temporarily? Last post on 2/14/14 at 10:11am in Arts & Crafts
- 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects Last post on Yesterday at 10:37 pm in Arts & Crafts
- This week's giveaway! Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:32pm in Arts & Crafts
- I thought some of us would like this listing of sale for fiber arts! Last post on 11/29/13 at 8:31am in Arts & Crafts
- Need ideas for homemade gift for a 9 year old boy! Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:16am in Arts & Crafts
Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids
Last edited: 12/5/13
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013Last edited: 11/26/13
- The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy CrayonsLast edited: 8/8/13
- Why We Choose HomemadeLast edited: 6/22/13
- The Season of WonderLast edited: 5/3/13
Handmade Holidays 2013 - Page 6post #101 of 12512/7/13 at 3:52pmpost #102 of 12512/7/13 at 4:32pm
I'm certainly slacking in the gift-making department. I have to spend tomorrow/early next week getting my butt in gear!
For a spray I have a few ideas brewing, but I'm thinking of a "cozy-warm" scent, since it's a winter gift. I'll probably use a clove/nutmeg essential oil, mixed with orange/citrus blend..maybe some lavender thrown in just because it's so peaceful. I just want to make a spray that's relaxing and perfect for those end-of-the-day-hair-pulling-out moments...and I also saw this, and I'm thinking of making it too
How yummy does that look!
Tea wise I'm going to do blends..the one I'm working on now is a blend of nettle, red raspberry leaves, ginger, peppermint, some dried fruits too (for my sister-in-law who's having a bebe!)post #103 of 12512/8/13 at 6:36ampost #104 of 12512/13/13 at 2:35pmToday I am working on a felted wool sweater blanket for my sister and her husband.I am short just a few pieces so I am waiting for one more sweater to finish felting.
Yesterday I made a hot mitt to go with a cast iron pan for a grab bag gift.
I ordered some towels to turn into a hooded shark towel for my nephew but so far only the wash cloth has arrived.
I am going to stitch love and hate onto the fingers of some gloves for a friend but I'm not very good with that sort of thing so I am procrastinating getting started. Really I should do that right now!while I wait for my final sweater to come out of the wash.
Monday I will go to Ikea to get some pillows to make silly pillows to go with the blanket for my sister and her family.
I don't even have a plan for my mom or her husband yet.uhg!
How's everyone else doing?post #105 of 12512/17/13 at 6:25ampost #106 of 12512/17/13 at 6:47am
on the cutting table currently is an apron for my brother....made of flannel of course! a quilt - for same brother - his b-day is Jan 2 so i have to double up with him ....Also a 'car quilt' for his 8 month old daughter ....i waited so long to get started because i was waiting for my eldest to come home from college and help me wrangle my youngest!
Maybe i can get the two of them to make cookies today ....18 and 3 should work well together!post #107 of 12512/17/13 at 4:29pmpost #108 of 12512/17/13 at 5:56pmSome gorgeous stuff, @rere! I love that last oven mitt especially.
I'm plugging away at the casserole carriers. I've made the straps and sewed all the layers together. Still need to topstitch and assemble them.
Haven't started the kids oven mitts and I also need to make a zippered pencil case for DD1 to give her Sunday school teacher. Oh, and I also bought a white t-shirt, white bodysuit and 2m of Christmas fabric to make each of the girls a dress for Christmas Day - ha!post #109 of 12512/17/13 at 5:59pmQuote:
Nope. I haven't started the car carrier for Little Man's stocking or the soy candles I plan to give as hostess gifts, and I just realized there is ONE weekend left before Christmas. ONE, people!post #110 of 12512/18/13 at 7:16ampost #111 of 12512/18/13 at 1:03pm
I got the vanilla extract done and in jars. I got all the name art done, printed, and wrapped. I didn't get the baby quilts done. We might still get the one for the baby who will be spending Christmas with us done this weekend. However, gifts had to be off for my other nephew this morning, so he got an IOU.
I wanted to do some fabric gift bags for everything, but those didn't even get started.post #112 of 12512/18/13 at 2:57pm3 pillows made.Not exactly how I planned them but they are made.
Peppermint bark made and packed up.
3 out of 5 tshirts made and wrapped
Still need to make granola and unfortunately the towels that I ordered to make my nephew a hooded towel still haven't arrived.
Off to decorate some tshirts!post #113 of 12512/20/13 at 12:55pmpost #114 of 12512/20/13 at 3:49pmpost #115 of 12512/20/13 at 4:03pmpost #116 of 12512/21/13 at 8:57am
I finished knitting stockings for dh, ds, and myself:-) I've been wanting to do this for years but finally prioritized them this year since I wasn't trying to knit gifts for a zillion people. I'm not entirely happy with the colorway on ds's but now we can stop using the random mismatched ones from dh's and my childhood. Ds had been using mine and I've just not used one. But I think it's good for kids to see that Christmas is for adults, too, so I'll put a chocolate bar and a few things in mine.post #117 of 12512/21/13 at 11:41ampost #118 of 12512/21/13 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by rerepost #119 of 12512/24/13 at 3:18pmThread StarterQuote:
Nope! It's Christmas Eve and I'm still sewing and knitting frantically. I've got mitten warmers, a scarf, citrus scrub cleaner, and candied pecans to make. I made chili salt last night (or as I like to call it, powdered napalm) and nearly died from the ground chili dust.
I procrastinated so much that I'm too far behind to catch up... *sigh*post #120 of 12512/24/13 at 5:56pmI gave up in the end. I finished the girls dresses, the zippered purse for DD1's teacher and two of the tea towels for the play kitchen.
I got the aprons and two of the four oven mitts cut out but the girls didn't go to sleep until 9:30 last night (7:30-8 is usual) so I decided to leave it all and put their dolls house together, tidy up and go to bed at a reasonable hour. It was a good decision. I woke up to a tidy house and didn't have to try and construct a dolls house before church while making custard and stuffing mushrooms.
The kitchen stuff can just appear one day and they'll be delighted.
Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas :-)
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013
- › Parenting and Rage 1 minute ago
- › Unschooling irresponsible? 1 minute ago
- › Anger and losing temper 4 minutes ago
- › Clove Hill Waldorf school in Colleyville 6 minutes ago
- › Any other Barefooters out there? 7 minutes ago
- › JK Rowling, keep your regrets to yourself! 7 minutes ago
- › Anyone else's milk dried up? 7 minutes ago
- › October Moms Pregnant After Loss Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 10 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 16 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea