We do not vax, currently. Our little girl is almost 4 months old and right now, we don't see a need for it. As she gets older we are open to revisiting discussion as things change. If we do decide to vax, it will be (obviously) delayed and very selectively.
My husband has shared this with co-workers (I cringed when he told me that), but they were supportive. Most cited at least one person they knew personally who had a child with a very adverse reaction to vaxxing. One co-worker stated that they selectively vax because his niece has autism due to what his sister believes was reaction to vaccination.
I decided early on that we would be very careful about vaccines after witnessing a friend's two year old stop talking altogether after being given "too many" shots at one visit. We stopped seeing the family practitioner we were going to after she began insisting on shots at the 1 month check up. We're currently looking for a new doctor in the Oklahoma City area if anyone knows of one, as the only ND in our area appears to only work with long-term ailments and is not accepting new patients.
So far, I have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in regards to our vax status. I'm hoping dh keeps it zipped if his mom asks, but I know he won't so I'm going to have to decide how to handle that battle.
Good luck finding a doctor who supports your choices. And good luck with your MIL- I hope she is more understanding than you expect...