or Connect
Mothering › Groups › September 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Introductions

Introductions - Page 3

post #41 of 126

Congratulations KaliHekate! Building a cob house will be amazing, I'm very jealous!

We also follow Weston Price, although now we are more Primal than anything. We love our kefir and bone broths.

post #42 of 126

Wow, a couple of Portland Folks(well, one current one past)! I'm right across the river :) We actually spend a couple of weeks in Texas every year to visit my DH's family. It is very different. I love the PNW and don't know that I could ever really move to Texas. My husband would like to someday but I told him that the only area of Texas I'd be willing to live would be Austin. 

post #43 of 126

Hi! I'm Sara. I am 28 and my DH is 34. We have been married for 4 years and will celebrate 5 on July 11th (7/11 is a really easy anniversary to remember). We have one son, John Paul, and he just turned 2 on Nov. 20th. I was a teacher in a Catholic school for 3 years before I became a SAHM. We're planning to homeschool our kids in a few years.

 

This time we are going with midwives, but I don't have my first appt. until Feb 4th. According to an internet due date calculator, my due date is September 7th. Ok, "Dinosaur Train" is almost over so its time for me to go!

post #44 of 126

Hello! Your first appointment is on the same day as mine :)
 

post #45 of 126
My dd's birthday is 7/11/11. So easy to remember!
I changed my appointment from 1/18 to 1/21 so dh is able to come.
post #46 of 126

Hello! Joining you ladies!

 

I'm due 9/11/13 with baby#4, most likely will be my last, so I'm trying to absorb it all.  It wasn;t planned at all and came as a vey big surprise. 

Ilive in Everett, WA just moved here from Plano, TX.

 

We are planing our 2nd birth center birth, I am still nursing my 20 month old and haven;t shown any pregnancy syptoms yet, not even my usually fatige. Fingers crossed that I skip all that this time :)

post #47 of 126
Hey all! I live in BC Canada and am 5 wks along with a pleasant surprise - we were planning on trying for #2 in the summer. I have an 18 month old daughter who is still nuts about nursing (Malk?! Malk?!), and my fiancé and I both work full time but I want to change that at some point down the road (would rather we both were able to work part time maybe...). Luckily we get a years maternity leave here so I'll have some time to think about it.
So far I've had very few symptoms which is both nice and worrisome!
Last pregnancy I went super low tech - no doppler, U/S (until 39 wks to confirm breech position) or even dr visits, that is until our home birth ended in a c section! I plan on doing the same kind of low tech thing this time around and am totally determined to have a VBAC. Any other VBAC mamas out there? Or anyone planning on a no or low tech pregnancy? Would be good to be able to cheer each other on smile.gif in any case I'm excited to get to know everyone in this DDC!
post #48 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post

Hey all! I live in BC Canada and am 5 wks along with a pleasant surprise - we were planning on trying for #2 in the summer. I have an 18 month old daughter who is still nuts about nursing (Malk?! Malk?!), and my fiancé and I both work full time but I want to change that at some point down the road (would rather we both were able to work part time maybe...). Luckily we get a years maternity leave here so I'll have some time to think about it.
So far I've had very few symptoms which is both nice and worrisome!
Last pregnancy I went super low tech - no doppler, U/S (until 39 wks to confirm breech position) or even dr visits, that is until our home birth ended in a c section! I plan on doing the same kind of low tech thing this time around and am totally determined to have a VBAC. Any other VBAC mamas out there? Or anyone planning on a no or low tech pregnancy? Would be good to be able to cheer each other on smile.gif in any case I'm excited to get to know everyone in this DDC!


VBAC mama here! I was induced at 38 weeks due to pre-eclampsia last time. I'm 100% convinced that I ended in a c-section because my body was ONLY in labor due to drugs and was not even close to being ready. After 15 hours on Pitocin, I'd only progressed to 2cm... I will have a VBAC. I will. =)=)=)

post #49 of 126

I ... am really surprised to be here! I am nearly 40 and we were not trying: we already have a tween, a teen, and a 5YO. I am thrilled, DH is freaked, but we will make it work.

 

According to the calendar, I am due 9/7/13. Besides DH, my mom and my close gfs know. 

 

As for symptoms, I am never hungry -- I am starving; mild nausea at random intervals through the day, but esp when hungry; achy/tingly BBs; random chills, which drives me nuts; and weird twingy pinchy things happening in my mid-section. 

post #50 of 126
Hello, I have been around the forums for years but don't post much. This pregnancy I thought I would join the DDC. My husband and I are both 40 and I am expecting #6. I was undecided about another baby because the pregnancies are so draining, but my husband really wanted one more, so he convinced me! We are thrilled, though like I said, I don't look forward to the next 9 months. I usually know exactly when I concieve but my cycles have been difficult to read (nursing my 15mth and my body is older) . We had been trying since September and had thought/ hoped I was pregnant a few of the months but wasn't. This last month I didn't pay attention as well and didn't think I was pregnant until morning sickness took me by surprise. So I am guessing my due date to be the beginning of sept.

As far as symptoms, I am already sick through the days, each day is different, my digestive system feels all out of whack, I have restless legs at night, my uterus muscles are stretching and pulling, and I am so tired all day, but don't sleep well at night.

I am excited to join this journey with you all.
post #51 of 126

Hi all,

 

I have been lurking like mad because I had a suspicion I was pregnant but didn't want to post anything until I had a postitive test. And here I am.

 

My name is Kat, I'm 32 (33 on Saturday), a library technician and historical fencer and this will be my first child. I live with my fiance and an angry cat in Vancouver, BC.

 

The only symptom I've had is crazy nipple soreness which is what first led me to suspect I was pregnant because while they like to get a little sore before my period, they're never like THIS where every fabric is like sandpaper. I'm due Sept 23ish.
 

post #52 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsMom1031 View Post


VBAC mama here! I was induced at 38 weeks due to pre-eclampsia last time. I'm 100% convinced that I ended in a c-section because my body was ONLY in labor due to drugs and was not even close to being ready. After 15 hours on Pitocin, I'd only progressed to 2cm... I will have a VBAC. I will. =)=)=)

 

Sending you strong, strong VBAC vibes!  I had a VBAC with my last pregnancy.  You can do it!

 

Technically, since I had a c-section with my first, I will be a VBAC this pregnancy, too. 

post #53 of 126

HI, I'm Brooke!  I am 27 and I am due with baby #3 on September 15.  I have two older daughters who will be 2 and 4 when this baby is born.  I am currently a SAHM, but I am doing training for substitute teaching next week for a couple extra bucks!  Both of my daughters were born in the water with the same CPM, one at a birth center and one at home.  My mom recently moved in with us and I haven't broken the news to her or my husband yet.  My in laws are going to freak out, as they're much older (70) so they are of the mind that we should slow down on the babies!

 

This past December, I graduated with a BSc degree in Maternal and Child Health with the intention of sitting for the IBCLC exam this year.  I also work part time as a birth doula and childbirth educator.

 

Kat, you mentioned being a library tech - I just resigned from my public library job after 8 years in tech services and processing!  It's great to see other library nerds here!  :)

post #54 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post

Hey all! I live in BC Canada and am 5 wks along with a pleasant surprise - we were planning on trying for #2 in the summer. I have an 18 month old daughter who is still nuts about nursing (Malk?! Malk?!), and my fiancé and I both work full time but I want to change that at some point down the road (would rather we both were able to work part time maybe...). Luckily we get a years maternity leave here so I'll have some time to think about it.
So far I've had very few symptoms which is both nice and worrisome!
Last pregnancy I went super low tech - no doppler, U/S (until 39 wks to confirm breech position) or even dr visits, that is until our home birth ended in a c section! I plan on doing the same kind of low tech thing this time around and am totally determined to have a VBAC. Any other VBAC mamas out there? Or anyone planning on a no or low tech pregnancy? Would be good to be able to cheer each other on smile.gif in any case I'm excited to get to know everyone in this DDC!

We had a very low-tech pregnancy with our DD. Same thing, no u/s, no doppler (until labor), no vaginal exams (again, until labor), and very little testing. Then we had a hospital transfer and got pitocin, an epidural, abx in labor, and a two day NICU stay for DD (suspected pneumonia, DD got x-rays, abx, etc, and in the end it turned out to be a false alarm). I really want to avoid all these interventions this time, but typically second labors go more smoothly, so I'm feeling pretty positive about the whole thing.
I'm a bit more conservative now than I was with my last pregnancy. This time around I will get an u/s at 20 weeks just to give me peace of mind and to rule out any major structural abnormalities that would require me to be in the hospital. I will also do GBS testing, because I don't want to end up with unnecessary abx again, in case of transfer. Other than that I'll go as low-tech as possible. I'm definitely planning on a home birth and it better work out this time, lol.
Best of luck with your VBAC! You can totally do it! You're a great candidate for it, since your c-section was for a breech baby. We'll cheer you on! thumbsup.gif

post #55 of 126
I also had a c-section for breech position with my dd. At this point I'm not really considering vbac but you never know how I could feel in a few months. Recovery from a c-section with a newborn and toddler does not sound pleasant. My due date is less than 2 months after my dd's 2nd birthday so there's not a significant amount of time between the two. I just watched my best friend go through it. Her dd was only 15 months when her ds was born, and to say it was rough would be an understatement. She got through it though. All this to say I guess we'll see 😉 lol
post #56 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by happybunny View Post

We had a very low-tech pregnancy with our DD. Same thing, no u/s, no doppler (until labor), no vaginal exams (again, until labor), and very little testing. Then we had a hospital transfer and got pitocin, an epidural, abx in labor, and a two day NICU stay for DD (suspected pneumonia, DD got x-rays, abx, etc, and in the end it turned out to be a false alarm). I really want to avoid all these interventions this time, but typically second labors go more smoothly, so I'm feeling pretty positive about the whole thing.

I'm a bit more conservative now than I was with my last pregnancy. This time around I will get an u/s at 20 weeks just to give me peace of mind and to rule out any major structural abnormalities that would require me to be in the hospital. I will also do GBS testing, because I don't want to end up with unnecessary abx again, in case of transfer. Other than that I'll go as low-tech as possible. I'm definitely planning on a home birth and it better work out this time, lol.

Best of luck with your VBAC! You can totally do it! You're a great candidate for it, since your c-section was for a breech baby. We'll cheer you on! thumbsup.gif

Thank you!! Sounds like we had pretty similar experiences last time (low tech > everything but) :/
post #57 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMash View Post

I also had a c-section for breech position with my dd. At this point I'm not really considering vbac but you never know how I could feel in a few months. Recovery from a c-section with a newborn and toddler does not sound pleasant. My due date is less than 2 months after my dd's 2nd birthday so there's not a significant amount of time between the two. I just watched my best friend go through it. Her dd was only 15 months when her ds was born, and to say it was rough would be an understatement. She got through it though. All this to say I guess we'll see 😉 lol

Mamamash, my DD will similarly be 2 years + 3 months when this one arrives (happy accident!); I'm feeling pretty stressed about the newborn-toddler dynamic as well. Especially as my DD is currently so attached to me (co sleeping, nursing, MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY! etc which is lovely but the thought of me directing that love and attention to another as yet unmet little one feels heartbreaking right now! I have a feeling this is a common worry though!
post #58 of 126
Thread Starter 
I'm going to have a 22 month old and a newborn...
post #59 of 126
Tinkerbell and mamamash I totally understand. My two girls are 2.5 years apart. It was tough in the beginning but amazing in the long run. They are now almost 7and4.5 and the best of friends. Truly! It really clicked in when the little one stopped eating the older ones toys and could respect her sisters space a bit. Lol I really love this spacing!
post #60 of 126
That's awesome letnia! My sister and I are 2 years apart and really close now. But I also have one that is 8 years older than me and I'm also very very close to her! And a brother 6 years older who is awesome. So really I think it all works out regardless of age difference 😊
Mothering › Groups › September 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Introductions