or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › January 2013 TWW Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 11

post #201 of 986

Definitely get a blood test. Cautious congrats!! 

post #202 of 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh5351 View Post
I just took a dollar tree hpt and there was nothing there with FMU... I'm really discouraged and sad because frer showed a line days ago but I only have two left and don't want to use the expensive ones... Has anyone else ever had this happen? I'm still 3 days away from AF so I know there is still time but ughhhh!

Oh that's so frustrating jjh5351! I haven't had this happen but I agree with Katie to test again and definitely get the blood test as well:) Good luck!! We are all hoping the best for you, there is still time!!! grouphug.gif

post #203 of 986

Well, I've been impatiently waiting to see a BFP and finally got my wish this morning:D orngbiggrin.gif

I'm 13DPO (day 26 of an average 27 day cycle) and I took a FRER at 5:45am with FMU and here's the 2 lovely lines I've been waiting for...

 

700

 

Initially I was excited but unfortunately with a little hesitation because before I went to bed last night, I read the following disclaimer on the box: "Important note regarding positive results: Because this test detects very low levels of hCG, there is a small chance that this test will give positive results even if you are not pregnant. Chances of this are greater for women nearing age 40 and older."

 

So..... I turned 39 a few months ago... And, worried that I'd be one of those FALSE positives, I decided to take a dollar tree test I had with SMU 3 hours later as they are supposed to be less sensitive, right? Here's what that test showed, no disclaimer on that box:

700

 

So... should I be excited or still cautious until I get a blood test (which I wasn't really planning on doing)? Help ladies?? I so want to be happy and think I've got a little bun in the oven but don't want to be disappointed. Anyone know about these false positives FR mentioned???

post #204 of 986
Suzie - I think that's two BFPs!!! Congratulations!!!
post #205 of 986
Suzie: Ok, the part of me that wants to be level-headed and reserved says yes, just keep cool, get the blood test, verify everything, etc. and so on b/c the disappointment can definitely be devastating.

But then the freak-out side of me goes

woohoo!!!!!!!!!! joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gif Congratulations!!!!!! energy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gif Get totally excited and screw false-positive warnings, you're pregnant!!! love.gifluxlove.giflove.gifluxlove.giflove.gif

But I absolutely understand not wanting to completely flip. How do you feel? Still pretty tired? I know I haven't been a lick of help here bag.gif . To round out my unhelpfulness I'll just say I know nothing about FRER false-positives. So, carry on!

What do you feel deep down? Is it more so you know the tests are confirming what you know to be true but it also feels too good to be real, therefore you must make sure to protect yourself emotionally?

Personally, I think you're big-time preggers orngbiggrin.gif .
post #206 of 986

Congrats suzie! I think you should let yourself feel hopeful and excited, but still do the bloodwork for peace of mind  :) I'm so happy for you!! woohoo for bfps!!

 

 

How's everyone else doing?

 

AFM I'm looking into fertilitea... has anyone tried it? Or know anything about it?

post #207 of 986

Thanks auntiekerry and dahlia and mamacatsbaby - you are too funny you crazy Libra!!! I am still really tired. I have been it seems ever since I O'd... I know you mentioned you were tired too, I think it's a good sign!! fingersx.gif and toes crossed for you!!!

Physically, I have really felt that there was something going on down there for over a week but kept telling myself it was all in my head. I am not as hungry as I have been (I'd been ravenous the past couple of weeks) otherwise, feel pretty good. Did have a little headache this morning, but blaming that on the fact that I couldn't sleep last night! I finally went to bed at midnight, woke at 2am to pee. Back to sleep finally, then woke again 4:15, told myself to go back to sleep because I wanted to try to hold my FMU as long as possible, woke again at 5:30 and tested at 5:45. Told DH and then neither of us could really get back to sleep, we just cuddled and were cautiously happy:D Sorry about the book here, I'm just shocked and don't have anyone I can tell IRL. I promised my Mom I wouldn't tell her early again because the m/c really upset her too (it would have been her first grandchild). She's pretty much my best friend and I don't want her to go through that again. So, it's just DH and myself who know and it will be a long time before I feel comfortable telling anyone else...

And, emotionally/spiritually I am just trying to believe that this will be the one. It's going to be a struggle to remain excited but I am determined not to be too worried or sad during my pregnancy. I hope I can keep that up!

 

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their BFPs!

post #208 of 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky8824 View Post

Thanks for all the support ladies. I have really enjoyed hearing from everyone in this thread. I know I really belong in the infertility thread but it makes me so happy to see all the bfp here. It's hard not getting pregnant and even harder that I have never been pregnant. I look at everyone and just think "man! I wish I just one". Knowing how bad I want one I can imagine how frustrating it is to have one and have a hard time having another.
Suziesmiles you are 100% right with women and irregular cycles. Unless I take birth control I don't get AF. Peeing on opk does nothing for me since I may not have an LH surge. I never thought I would wish for a period and to be "normal".
I'm gonna get my baby and I won't stop believing or trying until I do!!
Becky - lol I have a best Mate who would be lucky to have 3 AF per year... She had 2 gorgeous little boys... It just meant a LOT of BDing lol as she never knew when fertile - but there is still plenty of hope for you 😃
post #209 of 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiekerry View Post
Hi all, I'm new! My hubby and I joined the ttc club on Christmas day.
I took a test this morning and saw a super faint line with strained eyes...so I'm going to wait and test again tomorrow.
We've been married 3 years, and are ready to start a family! I'm hopeful for a bfp!!

Did you test again this morning? goodvibes.giffor a darker BFP!!

post #210 of 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-lu View Post

In general. If you have thyroid problems and /or are on medicine there is one chemical, aspartame that effectively counter acts the medicine. Also there are foods that will inhibit the thyroid from taking in iodine such as peanuts, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, etc...
The aspartame is what I have to watch. It's in crystal light, almost every diet soda out there, almost every type of gum, um I know there's more...just can't remember. Oh and don't use sea salt. There's basically no nutritional value and the salt does not have iodine!! Buy the old school salt with iodine! Much healthier!!
Thanks i didn't know that was what aspartame did, now I'll cut it out too lol.. I don't have a thyroid problem - it just got run down from stress/health... I take 3 drops of iodine in a bottle of water a day (health shop) also please don't use old style salt. Lol - the way it is processed it is bad for the system - Himalayan salt is the best as it has 72 trace minerals in it 😃 if you want info google 'purple house' at 'forth Tasmania' and view grada's blog... Sorry to seem pushy, it's just I've spent 5 years trying to get healthy enough to ttc lol - and am loving sharing lol
post #211 of 986
Congrats Suzie! Sounds very positive to me... I'd accept a line that was no where near as dark as that lol!
Sorry about my random comments earlier - I've been reading thru the forum and felt the need to add... Lol! The other 2 forums I've been reading are not adding stuff fast enough to keep me distracted! Lol so I have now just spent 1.5 hr reading yours... I soo need a life! Lol, I have things to do - but all I can think about is waiting to test... Reading more info in case I find a testing loophole - so ridiculous! But having wasted 2 tests (at 7dpo and 9dpo) I'm trying to hang on... Am not due AF for another 3 days.... This is only my second cycle ttc, I have no idea how you ladies do it... And am so impressed!
Dahlia I have heard that many people get 'lucky' the cycle after a loss - something about the system being primed and ready? I'm hoping it's true as im sure I had an early loss last month.. Also I'm in Aus so my reply timing will always be a little out of whack 😜
post #212 of 986

I hope you're right, chuord!!! I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful support system on here :) I'm sorry about your loss last month, I hope you're feeling better about it all now. I have high hopes for January for all of us!

post #213 of 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

Becky - lol I have a best Mate who would be lucky to have 3 AF per year... She had 2 gorgeous little boys... It just meant a LOT of BDing lol as she never knew when fertile - but there is still plenty of hope for you 😃

Thank you. Still haven't started AF. Don't have any signs either. Gonna call the doc tomorrow and see what he thinks.
post #214 of 986

Suzie, those are two gorgeous BFPs!!! I think for a FP they mean an evap or at least not a line as dark as that! Plus with the $tree test, that is for real! So happy for you and your rainbow baby. ROTFLMAO.gif

 

Becky, FX that's a shy bean and the doc can figure out what's going on!

post #215 of 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieSmiles View Post

Thanks auntiekerry and dahlia and mamacatsbaby - you are too funny you crazy Libra!!! I am still really tired. I have been it seems ever since I O'd... I know you mentioned you were tired too, I think it's a good sign!! fingersx.gif  and toes crossed for you!!!
Physically, I have really felt that there was something going on down there for over a week but kept telling myself it was all in my head. I am not as hungry as I have been (I'd been ravenous the past couple of weeks) otherwise, feel pretty good. Did have a little headache this morning, but blaming that on the fact that I couldn't sleep last night! I finally went to bed at midnight, woke at 2am to pee. Back to sleep finally, then woke again 4:15, told myself to go back to sleep because I wanted to try to hold my FMU as long as possible, woke again at 5:30 and tested at 5:45. Told DH and then neither of us could really get back to sleep, we just cuddled and were cautiously happy:D Sorry about the book here, I'm just shocked and don't have anyone I can tell IRL. I promised my Mom I wouldn't tell her early again because the m/c really upset her too (it would have been her first grandchild). She's pretty much my best friend and I don't want her to go through that again. So, it's just DH and myself who know and it will be a long time before I feel comfortable telling anyone else...
And, emotionally/spiritually I am just trying to believe that this will be the one. It's going to be a struggle to remain excited but I am determined not to be too worried or sad during my pregnancy. I hope I can keep that up!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their BFPs!
Aww! So sweet about you and your DH smile.gif . Hey, book away! I love reading about everyone's journeys. Oh I can just imagine the absolute joy your mom will feel when you do tell her happytears.gif . That's so great that your mom is your best friend; it's such a special relationship mother/daughter. I'd love another boy but I do wonder about having a girl and what a different relationship that would be compared to the ones I have with my boys. I had a dream about my mom last night and I'm still trying to figure out what it was about.
post #216 of 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

Thanks i didn't know that was what aspartame did, now I'll cut it out too lol.. I don't have a thyroid problem - it just got run down from stress/health... I take 3 drops of iodine in a bottle of water a day (health shop) also please don't use old style salt. Lol - the way it is processed it is bad for the system - Himalayan salt is the best as it has 72 trace minerals in it 😃 if you want info google 'purple house' at 'forth Tasmania' and view grada's blog... Sorry to seem pushy, it's just I've spent 5 years trying to get healthy enough to ttc lol - and am loving sharing lol

Are u hyper or hypo thyroid? I am hypo and have been fighting to get my levels down for 3 years. Really concerns me for when I get pregnant? I read to much on the Internet.
post #217 of 986

MamaMash I just realized you said hi a few posts back!! I miss you too!! What's it like on the other side, on the pregnancy boards? lol orngtongue.gif  I hope you're doing well!

 

JJ How are you doing? Any news?

 

AFM I'm starting using my wondfo OPKs again... I didn't start using them this early in my cycle last month, but would like to see the change more clearly as my ovulation gets nearer. I'm sort of annoyed at the wondfos though, because there are always 2 lines, even when I'm not ovulating. Why!? I know that the test line has to be darker or equal to the control line, but I don't understand why they were designed this way. I'm definitely not wasting my Clearblue OPK until I know ovulation is getting close. Those things are expensive! Luckily I can use our insurance flex card to buy them, and pregnancy tests!!! No more guilt about FRERs lol.

 

Do any of you have any experience with fertilitea? Or preseed? Thoughts and opinions on them would be helpful, I'm thinking about trying them out.

post #218 of 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlia810 View Post

AFM I'm starting using my wondfo OPKs again... I didn't start using them this early in my cycle last month, but would like to see the change more clearly as my ovulation gets nearer. I'm sort of annoyed at the wondfos though, because there are always 2 lines, even when I'm not ovulating. Why!? I know that the test line has to be darker or equal to the control line, but I don't understand why they were designed this way. I'm definitely not wasting my Clearblue OPK until I know ovulation is getting close. Those things are expensive! Luckily I can use our insurance flex card to buy them, and pregnancy tests!!! No more guilt about FRERs lol.

 

Do any of you have any experience with fertilitea? Or preseed? Thoughts and opinions on them would be helpful, I'm thinking about trying them out.

Dahlia, that's totally normal. You can post a photo if you want, but lots of people get a 2nd line all the time. It just means you have some LH in your system all the time. Not a big deal. They are made that way because they have to have a lower threshold of detection than, say a pregnancy test, so that you can see the surge. It's just how they have to work. I like the idea of using the Wondofo and then the Clearblue as you get closer. Yay for using your flex acct, that's awesome. 

 

I like Fertiltea. I don't think the potency is that high compared to supplements or tinctures of the main ingredients, but it can't hurt and tastes pretty good. I have used Preseed, too. Expensive but sperm friendly and a little goes a long way. 

post #219 of 986

Thanks Katie :) Do you think either product actually works? I'm willing to try them out! With the tea, are you supposed to stop drinking it when you might be pregnant?

post #220 of 986

So I read an interesting study once about lubricants. Basically there was no statiscally significant difference in pregnancy rates in the no lube vs lube groups. (The lube group used all different, "sperm friendly" and non.) But there have been studies showing sperm death in the lab with lubes. So the conclusion from the study was if there's a known issue with male infertility, you should worry about the lube. If not, don't. I'd say since your DH's sperm found the egg last cycle that that's probably not an issue for you but of course you decide! I used preseed before but we're using Sylk these days. No BFP yet, though, so take that for what it's worth! 

 

I am a big believer in Vitex, which is a key ingredient in Ferilitea. Depends where you read, some say to stop taking it after ov (which is what I've done in the past) and some say to continue until a BFP and then wean off.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › January 2013 TWW Thread