Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Long LH Surge Last post on Yesterday at 6:05 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Prenatals making me constipated? Last post on 12/6/13 at 2:51pm in Trying To Conceive
- New here and TTC #1. AF is late and needing some advice and answers! Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Trying to figure this charting thing out:) Last post on 12/6/13 at 4:22am in Trying To Conceive
- Am i pregnant ? Or is it something else ? Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:10am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 3post #41 of 9861/1/13 at 6:27pmOK, have to vent a moment. So, I'm on my 2nd period in 6 years (IUD). 1) having a period is so weird!!! I feel like a kid having to learn all over again! I forgot about AF last night - not to mention I enjoyed a few tequila and OJ's - I woke up this morning to a slightly messy bed!! Ugh!! 2) not being able to BD is also totally weird!!! I have been spoiled for far too long!! The things women go through!! Lolpost #42 of 9861/1/13 at 6:35pmpost #43 of 9861/1/13 at 6:50pmCindylu- LOL! It is always a bit awkward telling DH you are off limits for 5-7 days. Always reminds me of the movie "My Girl"
Anyone on here have any experience with hypothyroidism? I was diagnosed about 3 years ago, so never dealt with it while thinking about TTC and pregnancy. Just wondered if anyone had some info on it.post #44 of 9861/1/13 at 6:57pmYup, worst part is - or funniest- is that my mother in law is doing the laundry while she is here. So I had to explain to her what happened. Yup yup yet another moment I felt like a young girl confessing to mom!! Lol!!
Dahlia - your quite welcome! You all should have seen the look on my face when I first faced the tampon/pad isle last month! I bought 3 different boxes cauz I couldn't figure out what size of tampons I needed! My DH was laughing so hard at me!!
I have hyperthyroidism. For me I will need to monitor my levels about every 4 weeks. And I read that I will need to increase the meds.
Livn - are you aware of how aspartame counter acts the thyroid medicine?post #45 of 9861/1/13 at 7:04pmpost #46 of 9861/1/13 at 7:16pm
Oh no, Cindy! That's terrible!
Ugh. I can't decide if I want to test tomorrow or not. It will be 11/12 DPO. Part of me just wants to wait for AF but part of me wants to test just in case it's a BFP so I'll know and then if it's a BFN I'll be able to just trust it (I think) and really move along. I'm pretty much there but still holding out some hope, yk?post #47 of 9861/1/13 at 7:20pm
dahlia yes you can try again right after a ealry loss i loss my first baby around 22 weeks back in 03 and i had a health daughter in 04 i found out i was 3 weeks pregnant at my sex week check up so yes you can get pregnant right after a loss oh i should say my sex week check up was almost at 8 weekspost #48 of 9861/1/13 at 7:22pmIn general. If you have thyroid problems and /or are on medicine there is one chemical, aspartame that effectively counter acts the medicine. Also there are foods that will inhibit the thyroid from taking in iodine such as peanuts, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, etc...
The aspartame is what I have to watch. It's in crystal light, almost every diet soda out there, almost every type of gum, um I know there's more...just can't remember. Oh and don't use sea salt. There's basically no nutritional value and the salt does not have iodine!! Buy the old school salt with iodine! Much healthier!!post #49 of 9861/1/13 at 7:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cindy-lu
In general. If you have thyroid problems and /or are on medicine there is one chemical, aspartame that effectively counter acts the medicine. Also there are foods that will inhibit the thyroid from taking in iodine such as peanuts, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, etc...
The aspartame is what I have to watch. It's in crystal light, almost every diet soda out there, almost every type of gum, um I know there's more...just can't remember. Oh and don't use sea salt. There's basically no nutritional value and the salt does not have iodine!! Buy the old school salt with iodine! Much healthier!!
Thanks, that is really interesting! Diet sodas are one thing I had planned to X out of my diet this year. Why about Splenda? Does it work the same way? My DD was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes last year. We use Splenda a lot (tea, koolaid, ect.)post #50 of 9861/1/13 at 7:30pmpost #51 of 9861/1/13 at 7:36pm
Katie, I'd wait. But that's my new outlook. 3 days ago, I'd have told you to test away. How are you feeling? Good luck :) I hope you get your bfp soon!
unuselyriver wow, i'm sorry about your loss.. :( Thanks for the info though. I hope this won't be a recurring problem for me. It was my first pregnancy.post #52 of 9861/1/13 at 7:40pmSo my mother in law has type two diabetes. We've been doing a lot of reading this Christmas on it, she learned to read in her 40's. she's slow at it so I've been reading her the book so she knows how to manage it! I believe that Splenda is fine for diabetes patients and those with thyroid problems! I use it!post #53 of 9861/1/13 at 7:54pmKatie- From previous experience I have learned to wait and see if AF is late before testing. Seems like everytime I test early, I get a BFN and the AF shows up later that day. It is SO hard to be patient but the longer you wait the more accurate the test will be. Easier said than done I know.
Cindy- thanks again for the info. I use Splenda in my cooking a lot. I had never been told that about aspartame but I have a student who gets on to me everytime he sees me with a diet drink. I know it is not good for you which is why I have decided to stop drinking it.post #54 of 9861/1/13 at 7:56pmpost #55 of 9861/1/13 at 8:23pmpost #56 of 9861/1/13 at 8:24pmKatiecornflakes I have officially decided I am not testing. What's the point? To possibly be disappointed? I figure I'm pregnant and tomorrow may be too early to find out. If I get AF it should be Friday I want to be happy until then. Rather than test and be miserable until Friday. That's my thought. I may be making up symptoms and thinking that I'm pregnant because I peed 4 times today and I normally only pee once lolpost #57 of 9861/1/13 at 10:23pmpost #58 of 9861/1/13 at 10:24pmpost #59 of 9861/2/13 at 3:59am
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 33 seconds ago
- › I have a question....(long) 53 seconds ago
- › The (Hopefully) Sane Holiday Therapy Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mother believes her 19 yr old son died from complications of flu shot 4 minutes ago
- › dressing your baby warmly for winter 5 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Birth bead exchange 7 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 11 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 12 (enrolling through... 16 minutes ago
- › Babywearing experiences 16 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo