- 8 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: atlanta,ga
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:17pm in Trying To Conceive
- is this positive (CD 14) Last post on 5/22/13 at 8:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on 5/22/13 at 6:36pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 43
Serenyd and Dahalia - How awesome!! Definitely a positive.
You calculate your due date from the first day of your last period. My first day of my last period was Jan 1, 2013. So, my due date is Oct 8th. I sort of feel bad because my 10 DD's birthday is Oct 4th.
AFM - I received the thumbs up from the doctor this morning. Two things of blood taken from my right arm, then 7 from my left arm. Two different settings/doc's. Then, I was stuck in the arm. They convinced me to get a flu shot. The body violating has begun...in two weeks I go back for a full physical and a pelvic exam. I’m getting sick. Sore throat started today. I have an updated list from the Doc as to what I can and can’t take. My tummy is all gurgles and bubbles. Off and on my boobs feel like they are on fire. J DH was thrilled when I told him. He honestly didn’t believe it at first. I got a great big hug, kiss, and the best part were the man tears coming out of a smiling face!!
Serenyd woohoo! Those are definite BFP's congratulations!
cindy-lu that is so incredibly sweet about your dh! Take care! :-)
AFM feeling absolutely blah this morning woke with the most head splitting headache, I rang dh at work he's coming home at lunchtime to grab the boys so I can rest then he's back off to work until dinner. Whatever this bug is its nasty. Which is frustrating as I had so much planned this week as its ds1's last week at home before he starts school, instead the poor darling has been stuck inside watching tv.
Cindy-lu my daughters birthday is October 22nd. According to my LMP my due date is Oct 14th, but that's not accurate anyway because my cycles are less than 28 days (more like 26). Considering I got a pos OPK on Jan 17, my due date would be Oct 10 or Oct 11 if going from 24 hrs after the pos OPK as the actual conception date (can't conceive until you ovulate, right?). I think I'll go with LMP for the doctor's office. And no way I'm going in there until after I'm out of my first trimester.
Edited by Serenyd - 1/29/13 at 6:27pm
Sereny what strong positives!!!! Congrats!
Cindy Lu yay! Sounds like everyone around your place is way excited
Feel better Danielle!
Today I decided I am going to start cutting my excessive diet coke intake again! It is definitely out of control after needing a vice last month... Damn caffeine addiction!
I was only going to read through this thread, but my suspense is too great and I have to post. I've only got a few days left to wait, but that just makes it even more suspenseful! This month I had a weird cycle (have been off BC since September, was charting to avoid until this month) because I got the flu early on. It delayed ovulation (once the fever left, my temps were early-cycle low), but I'm not precisely sure how much. I had a very textbook four days of fertile-quality fluid with a dip and a temp rise (Jan 15), but then my temps dropped back down for four more days, not quite as low as they had been, but not high enough for Fertility Friend to call it ovulation. Then there was a pretty stratospheric rise (Jan 20), up as high as it's ever been, and my temps have been bouncing around at the high reaches of the chart since then.
Fertility Friend labeled that first drop and rise ovulation after my temps went up more obviously. However, I am not sure if it's right, since the second rise was much more clear. My other cycles were all pretty textbook, excepting a slightly short luteal phase (12 days). So, if that first date was ovulation, then I'm late (14 dpo). If it was the second, I have a little while still to go (9 dpo). I've got the breast tenderness and some cramping yesterday that made me think my period was imminent, but then...nothing. However, the tenderness is common to every luteal phase - it's just lasted longer this time.
I'm thinking of getting a test, but I don't want to test too early and have it be uncertain. I want to wait until I can be pretty sure it's telling me the truth! Also I don't want to freak my husband out unnecessarily lol. We had agreed to wait to start trying in March (I've been eager for a long time, he's been worried about money), but this month he said "what's the difference between now and March? Don't bother with the diaphragm." He doesn't like to know too many details, it makes him nervous - but of course, since I was charting I know that we have a good chance this month!
Sorry for the novel, it's not something that I can talk about much in real life, so it's a great relief to find people who understand this suspenseful feeling!
Missbrea I'm in a similar situation of having a DH all of a sudden decide it was ok to start trying. It's kind of scary and exciting! He put the moves on me when I had very clearly let him know that I was fertile, so....it seems we're TTC now, lol.
Wow, congrats to all the BFPs!!! So exciting!
Missbrea- when do you think you'll test? Sounds really promising!
AFM, Can't believe I'm on CD11 already again! My ewcm started today, so fx O comes soon and I get a long enough LP for my 26-day cycles.
How do the first 2 weeks go so quickly and the second 2 go soooo slowly?
Ladyelms - I am still holding out too! We can do it!
amycvincent - Yay for ov coming! It is so amazing how time just stops after ov huh??
Me, I'm 3 DPO and continue to put myself on the sidelines just still, trying to keep the mellow this cycle. I just can't set myself up for a huge letdown like last cycle; that was rough.
Let's keep the BFP run going ladies!
- January 2013 TWW Thread
- › How did you pay for your homebirth? 12 minutes ago
- › Carrier addiction- fun thread! 20 minutes ago
- › Can you remove your IUD at home? YES! You can! 1 hour ago
- › Weekly Chat --May 20-26 1 hour ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › 52 Project Challenge, 2013 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Trilingual - questions about how and choosing the third language 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Introductions! 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Insurance for Exising Pregnancy 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf