Here we are! Anyone going to join me for this year?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicArts And Crafts
Related Forum Threads
- Easy crafts for kids - what are your favorites? Last post on 5/15/13 at 7:36am in Arts & Crafts
- Non synthetic boppy nursing pillow replacement Last post on 5/9/13 at 7:27pm in Arts & Crafts
- Crafts and Art for kids Last post on 5/11/13 at 6:35pm in Arts & Crafts
- Earth Day crafts? Are you doing any? Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:17pm in Arts & Crafts
- help with quilt idea Last post on 5/8/13 at 8:45pm in Arts & Crafts
The Season of Wonder
Edited on 5/3/13
- Eco Art Kit Giveaway: Arttero Bookmaking, Wire & Bead and Art...Edited on 3/11/13
- Valentine Craft IdeasEdited on 3/14/13
- awesome craft from www.ourbigearth.comEdited on 4/7/13
- The Great Crayon Cookie ProjectEdited on 3/8/13
52 Project Challenge, 2013post #1 of 26912/31/12 at 2:17pmThread Starterpost #2 of 26912/31/12 at 2:53pm
I am in :)
My first project is going to be organizing my sewing room. I need to find room for my sewing machine and serger to be side by side and find some place for DD's new sewing machine.post #3 of 26912/31/12 at 2:54pm
I am going to commit to 12. Sis is having a baby in April so I want to get a blanket and x-stitch bibs done. I still owe DS a blanket from xmas. 52 overwhelms me and I get failure every year. I am saying 12 this time.post #4 of 2691/1/13 at 7:55amI think I will try again.Last year I made the mistake of separating Christmas presents from the 52 and that just doesn't seem realistic for me right now.
So my list so far :
1.clean up my making space(FINISHED)
2.wool hot pads(FINISHED)
3.mittens for my girl
4.a blanket for Stanely the stuffed dog(FINISHED)
5.a hat for me?
6.a belt for my girl
8.refashion my sweatshirt
9.sewing machine fixed
10.sweater blanket for us
11.funny plates for my nephew
13.beach towel bag for my sister
14.hooded towel for my nephew
15.hooded towel for my daughter
17.pay it forward for A
18.pay it forward for H?
19.pay it forward for R
20.pay it forward for H(FINISHED)
21.pay it forward for C(FINISHED)
24.valentines for the swap(FINISHED)
25.cover light switch
27.pet pillow to donate
28.doll chair pouf thingy(FINISHED)
29.felt thingy for us(FINISHED)
30.dress a girl around the world
32.valentine for my husband(FINISHED)
34.camera strap for my mom
39.dog bed for my Aunty(FINISHED)
40.doll clothes and shoes(FINISHED)
41.doll jammas and socks(FINISHED)
Edited by rere - 4/14/13 at 9:03ampost #5 of 2691/1/13 at 8:24ampost #6 of 2691/1/13 at 9:20am
I'm in again :) I don't know what Ill be doing yet but Ill be working on a few things.
DD1's birthday(Jan 29Th)- jean skirt, stuffed horse, hat/scarf
DS's birthday(Feb 4)- stuffed monster, monster sweater (maybe, I might buy one if I can find one cheap enough),
Household items: a travel jewelry case, kindle case and pursepost #7 of 2691/1/13 at 10:54am
I am in! I have big plans this year and I'm bound and determined to keep much better track. Like taking pictures of everything I finish so I can actually show people and not just tell them what I make. I have even cast on the first knitting project for this year. I am 6 rows into a "In Three's" for my niece for her birthday in may. I actually hope to have it finished this month. And I started the quilt we are giving DH's Aunt for her wedding present. Another project I would like to finish this month, before my next quilt guild meeting would be nice.
post #8 of 2691/1/13 at 10:56am
I'm in! I hope to keep better TRACK this year as I'm sure I did do the 52...I just didn't note them down efficiently so I couldn't remember what I did LOL
I have many UFO's lying around I'd like to FINISH!
1. NB diapers I cut for baby who is now 18 mos old, but I ought to finish and either sell/gift/donate.
2. Boxers I cut for the now toddler as we're working on PL'ing.
3. Adding snaps to some diapers that need converted with blown out velcro. Either use/gift.
1. 75 Felt Fortune Cookies (Must be done before 1/5! So this is top priority this week!)
2. PJ's for the babe
3. 2 Pettiskirts for surro-daughters
4. Cape for surro-son
5. Duvet cover for babe.
6. Curtains for boy's room.
7. Curtains for my sewing room/office. (Half done!)
8. Curtains for my bedroom.
9. Knit a hat for my brother. (About 1/2 done. Finished...but it didn't fit...monster head guy....so I need to redo!)
10. Working on making headphone cords untangleable.
11. New cover for high chair.
12. Prayer Flags
13. hanging wet bag for kitchen
14. get tiny hat pattern written and scanned for teeny tears
All year kind of things that are really sort of 'one' project for each thing.
1. Sew at least 200 sets of diapers for Teeny Tears donation (nearly there as of Feb!) DONE!
2. Replacement family cloth/unpaper towels for kitchen as some of ours need retired.
Overall GOALS for the year relating to craftiness!
1. Sew at least 2 somethings a month to put on etsy (and then actually do it!) (Feb....sewed...but not doing great at getting them up!)
2. Get at least 25 UFO's finished (I have probably 5 times that many....I love to over cut/prep and am unrealistic about how much I can ACTUALLY get done with a toddler.) (Done a handful...working!....done a few more....definitely up to 25....I'm going to keep on trucking!! As of April, over 75....sadly many more to go!)
3. Attend at least 3 Quilt/Craft Club meetings a month and actually make something 'quilted' (I've been a quilt loser, but still go to club as it's 'crafty/sewing' too LOL). (Made the meetings so far...nothing quilty yet! Still nothing quilty....still making the meetings!)
01 01.07 Fortune Cookies
02 01.19 Reusable Shopping Bags Child Size
03 01.19 Grocery Sack Stuffers (6)
04 01.21 Teeny Tears Diapers
05 02.10 PUL backed bibs
06 02.23 Duvet Cover Baby
07 02.23 Curtains Boys Room
08 02.23 Curtain Office
09 03.09 Layette Set
10 03.19 Sashay Scarf
11 04.06 High Chair Cover
12 04.17 Lots of UFOs
13 04.22 Cord Keepers
14 04.23 Prayer Flags
15 05.05 Teeny Tears Hats
20post #9 of 2691/1/13 at 1:30pmMarking my space. I WILL do 52 this year. It's my resolution to work through my craft stash...
1 - Mr. Rogers/wee little stitches piece for C's school (1/6/13)
2 - LOVE magnets (1/16/13)
3 - Valentine bookmark for C (1/16/13)
4 - Valentine bookmark for G (1/22/13)
5 - C's class valentines (2/6/13)
6 - G's class valentines (2/6/13)
7 - C's valentine skirt - hemmed with felt heart added (2/10/13)
8 - LOVE magnets for K (2/19/13)
9 - K magnet (2/19/13)
10 - handmade birthday invitations for C (2/28/13)
11 - dessert table banner (3/7/13)
12 - name game for party (3/7/13)
13 - bench cushion (3/21/13)
14 - foyer wall (3/25/13)
Edited by AfricanQueen99 - 4/1/13 at 11:43ampost #10 of 2691/1/13 at 1:40pmpost #11 of 2691/1/13 at 4:32pm
I'm in - only I'm not separating my holiday stuff from my projects, because usually they are one and the same. I've got an excel spreadsheet that now has 84 items on it... :help
So I guess I can pick and choose a bit. The UFOs on the list will get top priority over other projects. So first on my list is sewing my kitchen curtains! I've got the fabric, now I just need to decide if I'm doing tab curtains like I did in the living room (See the Handmade Holidays 2013 thread for pics), or if I'm going a different style. I want to push myself with sewing...so I guess I've answered my own question. Dear god...I need coffee or sleep.
Here's my ENTIRE list:
Finish cross stitch on Robbie's quilt Make curtain holders from driftwood Sew Christmas tree skirt Create Thanksgiving tablecloth Make beanbags and tossing hole table Make placemats from Sara's artwork Finish garden cross stitch Kids apron for Sara Finish and seal Sara's time capsule Finish and seal Robbie's time capsule Recipe in jars gifts Sew more family cloth wipes Hankies, w/ embroidery Make party banners for Robbie Make party banners for Sara Paint bedroom Felt wool food Knitted mason jar holder Firewood Tote Finish Sara's baby book Work on Robbie's baby book Potholders Christmas pjs for everyone Photo books for Mom Curtains for living room Frame painting in Sara's playroom Repaint living room Repair braided rugs Garden markers Paint bathroom Crochet 100 Flower Scarf Finish flower prints for living room Paint kids room Make info center poster thingy for kids Make snack bags Reorganize closets Make menu/shopping lists for 3 months Look up bean recipes Empty last totes in bedroom Take stuff back to owners/Goodwill Create a photo backup on disc for firesafe Start work on Birthing Mothers stuff Do budget/DOLP worksheet Make resolutions list Make meal plan from freezer inventory Coffee cup cozy Dream Pillows Knitted party bunting Dishclothes/towels for Mom Dishclothes for us Stupid Creature Mason Jar Candle Holder (Hanger) Star Garland Cover lampshades w/ homemade paper Finish cloth pads for me and Mom Make scarves Mitten warmers Sew up some pretty aprons for me to wear Make salve blends Birdseed ornaments for outdoors Christmas tree ornaments Embroidery fairies Birch Tree Hearts Picture Frame Snack napkins Knitted Swiffer covers ABC book Vanilla extract Make scented sachets Wrap skirt for me Nightie for me Chili Salt Homemade Mascara Blindfold Do felted chicken kit Make curtains for the kitchen and bedrooms Make clay tiles for mantle and stairs Waldorf style wood platform thing/fairy house Wood burn elements markers in backyard Make tea bags Personalized key chain White clay ornaments Sugar scrubs Print, matte, and frame 6 LR pictures
Edited by triana1326 - 1/2/13 at 1:05pmpost #12 of 2691/1/13 at 5:33pmI finished number two!!A sweater/blanket for Stanley the stuffed dog.This project was not very labor intensive but it's the type of thing that I would tell my daughter we could make and then just put it off.So glad to have got it done!
Triana,you are organized!post #13 of 2691/1/13 at 10:20pmThread Starterpost #14 of 2691/2/13 at 7:28ampost #15 of 2691/2/13 at 8:59am
I'm going to count the cloth masks I made for DS yesterday (well fixed them as I actually made them on the 31st! but they didn't work well so I had to alter them yesterday) 1/52
I'm making a sweater vest for my friend. Her birthday is 1/25 so I need to get that finished asap. I had some nice long knitting days when we were driving to IL's but now we are home and I haven't picked it back up.post #16 of 2691/2/13 at 11:49ampost #17 of 2691/2/13 at 1:10pm
LOL - I am so scatterbrained that if I didn't have it all written out like that, I'd forget it ever existed. I've crossed of and made red the projects I've completed (since Christmas) but I'm only taking points for the kitchen curtains since they are the only ones I've done in 2013.
@Zebra - I have 84 things on my list, but I figured I'd put everything on, that way I can pick and choose what 52 projects I want to do this year. Some things have a deadline, some don't.
So - 1/52!!
My new kitchen curtains:post #18 of 2691/2/13 at 1:19pm
Can I count canning? Good! I am finally canning some turkey and pork that has been hanging out in my freezer waiting for my attention. I have 5 quarts of turkey done and 7 quarts of pork ready to go. It feels good to get this done but I still have more pork to do... Probably a good 40#s more... maybe tomorrow I can get that done.
I should add on kitchen rugs to my list- don't care exactly what they are or how they get there.... Our puppy just ate a hole through one of mine and lets face it- they were on their last leg anyway...post #19 of 2691/2/13 at 9:18pm
Me! I'm in! I was thinking about this thread a couple days ago. I participated in one 2 years ago? Or was it last year? I lost track though and stopped posting, I think I made it about half way. Anyway last year was crazy busy, with getting my degree, and moving several hundred miles, and having a new baby, and now that that's all over, and my postpartum body is in serious need of clothing that fits and is boob-accessible, I have a serious crafting itch! Not going to bother making a list of all my grandiose plans, because I just want to get on with the making! Can't wait to see all your creations!post #20 of 2691/2/13 at 10:14pmThread Starter
iowaorganic: Canning meat? Gosh, you're brave! I'm too nervous even to can fruit! (I really should - a woman at church wants to teach me, and even lent me some Mason jars, which make lovely vases, but haven't seen any more productive use...) How does your meat turn out when canned? I can't quite picture it. Do you use it for casseroles and stews, or eat it straight, or...?Quote:Not going to bother making a list of all my grandiose plans, because I just want to get on with the making!
That's the spirit! And I hear you on the need for breastfeeding-accessible clothes. I like dresses, and dresses have actually been cute and available for the first time in my life, these past few years... and I haven't been able to wear one of them. Grrrr. I've determined to make myself at least 6 garments this year, to get myself over the "sewing for grownups is scary" mindset.
- 52 Project Challenge, 2013
- Eco Art Kit Giveaway: Arttero Bookmaking, Wire & Bead and Art...
- › Who is packing? 51 seconds ago
- › Is Anyone Else Feeling Lonely? 4 minutes ago
- › Stroller advice - considering Britax B-ready 5 minutes ago
- › Cranky in the mornings 9 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 12 minutes ago
- › I've been meaning to write & say thanks for 25 years 15 minutes ago
- › May Chat Thread! 15 minutes ago
- › Spring IVF 2013 22 minutes ago
- › Harry Potter concerns 24 minutes ago
- › Really Sucky Pregnancy Dream / Nightmare 26 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11