Recent Images In This Thread
- topicArts And Crafts
Related Forum Threads
- Charity Sewing/Quilting - Be An Angel! Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:46pm in Arts & Crafts
- Mostly indoor b-day party for 9 year old - ideas for crafts please, help! Last post on 6/18/13 at 8:28pm in Arts & Crafts
- Easy crafts for kids - what are your favorites? Last post on 5/15/13 at 7:36am in Arts & Crafts
- Non synthetic boppy nursing pillow replacement Last post on 5/9/13 at 7:27pm in Arts & Crafts
- Crafts and Art for kids Last post on 5/11/13 at 6:35pm in Arts & Crafts
The Season of Wonder
Edited on 5/3/13
- Eco Art Kit Giveaway: Arttero Bookmaking, Wire & Bead and Art...Edited on 3/11/13
- Valentine Craft IdeasEdited on 3/14/13
- awesome craft from www.ourbigearth.comEdited on 4/7/13
- The Great Crayon Cookie ProjectEdited on 3/8/13
52 Project Challenge, 2013 - Page 9Sponsored Linkspost #162 of 3142/23/13 at 10:50pm
I went to a sewing 'retreat' today and did quite a few things! At least two finished projects and several nearly done. In the light of day tomorrow, I'll need to take photos. How is everyone else doing?
We're just finishing up week 8 of the year!post #163 of 3142/24/13 at 7:18amQuote:
And all my Valentine received was a sparkly family portrait.Too bad for him.Ha!
I haven't done anything lately but I am off to try and get a rug?(maybe a mat is a better word?or a floor blanket?)made for my daughter's closet.She turned it into a play space and would like something for the cold floor.post #164 of 3142/24/13 at 3:23pm
I finished up a few projects from my main list!
#6 Duvet cover for the baby's down comforter. All three of mine have used this. It's a crib sized one, and I love it! New cover for the little guy. Historically they've used it on a toddler bed as it's toddler sized, but B still enjoys sleeping with his mama, so he'll just use it on my bed.
#7 Curtain for the big boys room. Same fabric as the baby's duvet....just bad lighting. I did the same duvet covers for them for Christmas, just took a while to finish the curtain <OOPS>. I really should have double the width up, but I ran out of fabric!
#8 Curtain for my office. Just got one done, but out of fabric to get the second one done. You can see ones just like this in my old office at my old house here. I have matching basket covers I made, still have those hence making matching curtains again.
Also worked on portions of several more projects, but nothing DONE yet.post #165 of 3142/28/13 at 12:39pm
Nothing new finished... I think I have hit the wall in my life where I just don't have time and energy to craft... It is all about carving some time out for me.... So maybe this weekend I will get a little bit of time to myself. Otherwise I need to quit going to craft stores- no reason to get supplies if I never get a chance to create...post #166 of 3142/28/13 at 6:32pmThread Starter
vtgreenie, that little vest-and-hat combo is so cute! I'm a terrible knitter, but I like knitted stuff and I like the portability of knitting, so just today I got out a book of simple knits, and will try to knit my 21-month-old boy a vest. The book's quite good - simple, customisable patterns, and despite my aforementioned terribleness I like to tinker around with patterns, so I'll give it a shot. I have a whole basket full of wool I need to use up, anyway - it keeps giving me guilt trips. :p
Finally finished 5/52! I know, I'm behind. I had an article due, and got sick, and was generally in a rut. Oh well. This is a shirt for DS.
I have another one to finish - same pattern, but tasteful green, from an old shirt of Dad's. Much more subdued and much more "me", but I'm finding I actually enjoy working in zany colours, as long as I don't have to wear 'em! DS actually looks good in orange - and I tend to think most people look atrocious in it, so this is quite impressive.post #167 of 3142/28/13 at 7:01pm
working on 2 blankets to crochet... still think I only have one completed item this year. but I did move in Feb. still not settled in yet. Still have boxes all over the country from the 2012 ill-fated move. le-sighpost #168 of 3143/1/13 at 9:09am
11/52! I finally finished the cardigan! I haven't tried it on- but it is blocked and drying :) Anyway- I cast on a pair of slippers for myself- the bunny hop slippers. I am hoping to get some time tonight and tomorrow to work on some burlap bags for birthday gifts for my sisters and mom...post #169 of 3143/1/13 at 5:35pmThread Starterpost #170 of 3143/1/13 at 8:37pm
13/52 I made 2 of the coolest burlap bags tonight. They are a basic hobo style with ruffles. They were pretty simple and fun to make. I still have other bags planned from the burlap- but they will have to wait until maybe tomorrow or later. It felt SO good to sew! My burlap sewing adventure is sooo much fun! My DH did ask what got into me on sewing on burlap rather than leather... I told him I was out and he told me I should order more.... he is an enabler....post #171 of 3143/2/13 at 11:11am
I know it is March but may I join in? I have lots of sewing, crocheting, and papercrafting projects I want to get done. Here are 5 I have completed this year so far. so 5/52
#1 Baby blanket for my niece who is due in April
#2 Black cape for a play
#3 zippered pouch for a sweet pouch swap I participated in for Valentine's day
#4 Sheet using fold over elastic for the first time. My dear sister has a circular mattress for her circular crib.
No photo, I think I tool the picture with my phone.
#5 Curtains for my niece's bedroom "Pink Giraffe Love" by Michael Miller lined with orange batik fabric to make they thickerpost #172 of 3143/4/13 at 7:09am
So my sweater is enormous. Somewhere something went way wrong. My grandma told me to block it smaller. I don't know if that will work. I am a size small/med and it is probably a 2xl. I might just give it away. I made another burlap bag. 14/52. I need to take some pictures of the bags- they are so much fun. I also hit JoAnns on Saturday and bought some white on white for a long tiered skirt for myself- which then I panicked about gathering all those layers which was just the incentive for me to figure out gathering on my serger- so life is now amazing that I have figured that out :) I also want to do some embellished fabric for a dress/skirt for DD1 and something super fun for DD2- like a sun romper or the like.post #173 of 3143/4/13 at 2:39pm
Iowaorganic- that stinks about your sweater! What kind of fiber did you make it out of?
Welcome lilacvioletiris! I say, the more the merrier!
Cute shirt, Smokering! I usually hate orange too, but my mom made ds1 an orange sweater that I just loved on him. It's too small now, but he still asks to wear it when it's chilly out. What ever happened to that sailor dress you were working on?
I finished a skirt yesterday, and hope to finish another today. The first was for me, and the second is for my mom's birthday today. Guess I better get that in the mail soon :/
After the skirt, I've got to mend some pants for dh, and then finish up the sheer curtains for the living room. Then I want to finally tackle that coat dress I posted earlier. Except I need to make myself a nice slip, because I'm making the dress out of wool, and I don't want to keep lining my dresses because I don't have a good slip. I have it in my head that I can accomplish all of that this month, and have the new dress for Easter. Oh, and finish the sleeves and hood to the sweater I'm knitting myself. This is probably totally unrealistic, but it's a nice dream. Anyone else struggle with setting unreasonable, and totally unnecessary deadlines for their crafting? I do it all the time, and then I do things like let my dishes pile up so I can try to finish whatever project by my unnecessary deadline. Maybe I just need to make peace with the fact that I actually need to do dishes and laundry everyday, instead of trying to come up with legitimate reasons that I don't have time for them. :Ppost #174 of 3143/4/13 at 3:30pm
Finished the 2nd blanket and actually shipped it off this weekend!
I think I set a goal of 12 projects this year so 2/12.
Today I bought some RTA(ready to assemble) furniture for the new place - 2 bar stools and 1 lamp, when/if those get assembled and put up that will count as a 'project'
I'm about 2/3 done with blanket #3 for this year. Mint and white huge striped/ more like blocked stripes.. I have some bibs I can x-stitch as well but my eyes are wonky from anxiety so not feeling the luv on those right now.post #175 of 3143/6/13 at 8:17pm
Great job Zebra! Blankets are huge- the intimidate me!
Angelorum.... it is 100% wool. I might get ambitious tomorrow and try to block it smaller. But otherwise I think I am going to send it to my mom. It is really pretty and I think it would fit her. I am just bummed I used $50 worth of wool on something that didn't work out. And 7 months of knitting time....
lilac- those are beautiful! I love that fabric and especially love the idea of lining curtains in batiks- how lovely it must be with the sun shining through!post #176 of 3143/7/13 at 4:23pm
This one is for my mom. Crossing my fingers it fits her.
And this one is mine. You can barely see in the pictures, but they both have pockets. There a little hint of a curved seam underneath the button tabs, that's the opening for the pocket. So practical. I realized once that my 4 month old often has more functional pockets on his clothes than I do if I'm wearing a skirt/dress, how does that make sense? I got both of these skirts out of just 2 yards of fabric. I had to cut the waist facing for mine out of a different fabric, but it's not visible, so I don't mind. I should have perhaps taken care to match the stripes on the yoke to the stripes on the skirt front, but I didn't think of it until I had already cut them out. Next time.
And some tiny little doilies/motifs
Also mended 4 pairs of dh's pants.
16/52post #177 of 3143/7/13 at 5:33pmpost #178 of 3143/10/13 at 8:43pmpost #179 of 3143/11/13 at 3:03ampost #180 of 3143/11/13 at 4:01amThread Starter
7/52: Ancient Egyptian costumes for DD and DS, for an Ancient Egyptian dinner we did for homeschool. I blogged about it.
I love the layette - it looks so professional!
My sailor dress is still on hold due to laziness.
- Eco Art Kit Giveaway: Arttero Bookmaking, Wire & Bead and Art...
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 5 minutes ago
- › Stressful time in life, don't want to take it out on my son... 26 minutes ago
- › Online Baby Registry - what would you include? 29 minutes ago
- › Belly shots 44 minutes ago
- › High risk pregnancy resources in Greenville, SC area? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › June 2013 chat thread - 2nd trimester here we come! 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › vaccines are great 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Weekly chat -- June 17th to 24th 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Naturekins Leak Proof Reusable Nursing Pads by mom2threegrls
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama