Recent Images In This Thread
- topicArts And Craftstagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- This week's giveaway! Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:32pm in Arts & Crafts
- I thought some of us would like this listing of sale for fiber arts! Last post on 11/29/13 at 8:31am in Arts & Crafts
- Need ideas for homemade gift for a 9 year old boy! Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:16am in Arts & Crafts
- Craft ideas for young children Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:25am in Arts & Crafts
- What are you knitting/crocheting? And share pics? Last post on Yesterday at 1:57 pm in Arts & Crafts
Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids
Last edited: 12/5/13
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013Last edited: 11/26/13
- The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy CrayonsLast edited: 8/8/13
- Why We Choose HomemadeLast edited: 6/22/13
- The Season of WonderLast edited: 5/3/13
52 Project Challenge, 2013 - Page 9post #162 of 5892/23/13 at 10:50pmpost #163 of 5892/24/13 at 7:18amQuote:
And all my Valentine received was a sparkly family portrait.Too bad for him.Ha!
I haven't done anything lately but I am off to try and get a rug?(maybe a mat is a better word?or a floor blanket?)made for my daughter's closet.She turned it into a play space and would like something for the cold floor.post #164 of 5892/24/13 at 3:23pm
I finished up a few projects from my main list!
#6 Duvet cover for the baby's down comforter. All three of mine have used this. It's a crib sized one, and I love it! New cover for the little guy. Historically they've used it on a toddler bed as it's toddler sized, but B still enjoys sleeping with his mama, so he'll just use it on my bed.
#7 Curtain for the big boys room. Same fabric as the baby's duvet....just bad lighting. I did the same duvet covers for them for Christmas, just took a while to finish the curtain <OOPS>. I really should have double the width up, but I ran out of fabric!
#8 Curtain for my office. Just got one done, but out of fabric to get the second one done. You can see ones just like this in my old office at my old house here. I have matching basket covers I made, still have those hence making matching curtains again.
Also worked on portions of several more projects, but nothing DONE yet.post #165 of 5892/28/13 at 12:39pm
Nothing new finished... I think I have hit the wall in my life where I just don't have time and energy to craft... It is all about carving some time out for me.... So maybe this weekend I will get a little bit of time to myself. Otherwise I need to quit going to craft stores- no reason to get supplies if I never get a chance to create...post #166 of 5892/28/13 at 6:32pmThread Starter
vtgreenie, that little vest-and-hat combo is so cute! I'm a terrible knitter, but I like knitted stuff and I like the portability of knitting, so just today I got out a book of simple knits, and will try to knit my 21-month-old boy a vest. The book's quite good - simple, customisable patterns, and despite my aforementioned terribleness I like to tinker around with patterns, so I'll give it a shot. I have a whole basket full of wool I need to use up, anyway - it keeps giving me guilt trips. :p
Finally finished 5/52! I know, I'm behind. I had an article due, and got sick, and was generally in a rut. Oh well. This is a shirt for DS.
I have another one to finish - same pattern, but tasteful green, from an old shirt of Dad's. Much more subdued and much more "me", but I'm finding I actually enjoy working in zany colours, as long as I don't have to wear 'em! DS actually looks good in orange - and I tend to think most people look atrocious in it, so this is quite impressive.post #167 of 5892/28/13 at 7:01pmpost #168 of 5893/1/13 at 9:09am
11/52! I finally finished the cardigan! I haven't tried it on- but it is blocked and drying :) Anyway- I cast on a pair of slippers for myself- the bunny hop slippers. I am hoping to get some time tonight and tomorrow to work on some burlap bags for birthday gifts for my sisters and mom...post #169 of 5893/1/13 at 5:35pmThread Starterpost #170 of 5893/1/13 at 8:37pm
13/52 I made 2 of the coolest burlap bags tonight. They are a basic hobo style with ruffles. They were pretty simple and fun to make. I still have other bags planned from the burlap- but they will have to wait until maybe tomorrow or later. It felt SO good to sew! My burlap sewing adventure is sooo much fun! My DH did ask what got into me on sewing on burlap rather than leather... I told him I was out and he told me I should order more.... he is an enabler....post #171 of 5893/2/13 at 11:11am
I know it is March but may I join in? I have lots of sewing, crocheting, and papercrafting projects I want to get done. Here are 5 I have completed this year so far. so 5/52
#1 Baby blanket for my niece who is due in April
#2 Black cape for a play
#3 zippered pouch for a sweet pouch swap I participated in for Valentine's day
#4 Sheet using fold over elastic for the first time. My dear sister has a circular mattress for her circular crib.
No photo, I think I tool the picture with my phone.
#5 Curtains for my niece's bedroom "Pink Giraffe Love" by Michael Miller lined with orange batik fabric to make they thickerpost #172 of 5893/4/13 at 7:09am
So my sweater is enormous. Somewhere something went way wrong. My grandma told me to block it smaller. I don't know if that will work. I am a size small/med and it is probably a 2xl. I might just give it away. I made another burlap bag. 14/52. I need to take some pictures of the bags- they are so much fun. I also hit JoAnns on Saturday and bought some white on white for a long tiered skirt for myself- which then I panicked about gathering all those layers which was just the incentive for me to figure out gathering on my serger- so life is now amazing that I have figured that out :) I also want to do some embellished fabric for a dress/skirt for DD1 and something super fun for DD2- like a sun romper or the like.post #173 of 5893/4/13 at 2:39pm
Iowaorganic- that stinks about your sweater! What kind of fiber did you make it out of?
Welcome lilacvioletiris! I say, the more the merrier!
Cute shirt, Smokering! I usually hate orange too, but my mom made ds1 an orange sweater that I just loved on him. It's too small now, but he still asks to wear it when it's chilly out. What ever happened to that sailor dress you were working on?
I finished a skirt yesterday, and hope to finish another today. The first was for me, and the second is for my mom's birthday today. Guess I better get that in the mail soon :/
After the skirt, I've got to mend some pants for dh, and then finish up the sheer curtains for the living room. Then I want to finally tackle that coat dress I posted earlier. Except I need to make myself a nice slip, because I'm making the dress out of wool, and I don't want to keep lining my dresses because I don't have a good slip. I have it in my head that I can accomplish all of that this month, and have the new dress for Easter. Oh, and finish the sleeves and hood to the sweater I'm knitting myself. This is probably totally unrealistic, but it's a nice dream. Anyone else struggle with setting unreasonable, and totally unnecessary deadlines for their crafting? I do it all the time, and then I do things like let my dishes pile up so I can try to finish whatever project by my unnecessary deadline. Maybe I just need to make peace with the fact that I actually need to do dishes and laundry everyday, instead of trying to come up with legitimate reasons that I don't have time for them. :Ppost #174 of 5893/4/13 at 3:30pm
Finished the 2nd blanket and actually shipped it off this weekend!
I think I set a goal of 12 projects this year so 2/12.
Today I bought some RTA(ready to assemble) furniture for the new place - 2 bar stools and 1 lamp, when/if those get assembled and put up that will count as a 'project'
I'm about 2/3 done with blanket #3 for this year. Mint and white huge striped/ more like blocked stripes.. I have some bibs I can x-stitch as well but my eyes are wonky from anxiety so not feeling the luv on those right now.post #175 of 5893/6/13 at 8:17pm
Great job Zebra! Blankets are huge- the intimidate me!
Angelorum.... it is 100% wool. I might get ambitious tomorrow and try to block it smaller. But otherwise I think I am going to send it to my mom. It is really pretty and I think it would fit her. I am just bummed I used $50 worth of wool on something that didn't work out. And 7 months of knitting time....
lilac- those are beautiful! I love that fabric and especially love the idea of lining curtains in batiks- how lovely it must be with the sun shining through!post #176 of 5893/7/13 at 4:23pm
This one is for my mom. Crossing my fingers it fits her.
And this one is mine. You can barely see in the pictures, but they both have pockets. There a little hint of a curved seam underneath the button tabs, that's the opening for the pocket. So practical. I realized once that my 4 month old often has more functional pockets on his clothes than I do if I'm wearing a skirt/dress, how does that make sense? I got both of these skirts out of just 2 yards of fabric. I had to cut the waist facing for mine out of a different fabric, but it's not visible, so I don't mind. I should have perhaps taken care to match the stripes on the yoke to the stripes on the skirt front, but I didn't think of it until I had already cut them out. Next time.
And some tiny little doilies/motifs
Also mended 4 pairs of dh's pants.
16/52post #177 of 5893/7/13 at 5:33pmpost #178 of 5893/10/13 at 8:43pmpost #179 of 5893/11/13 at 3:03ampost #180 of 5893/11/13 at 4:01amThread Starter
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013
- › I put my foot in my mouth...come and let me have it! 8 seconds ago
- › Desperate for a Change in our Dinnertime/Eating! 1 minute ago
- › Babywearing experiences 2 minutes ago
- › crib sidecar age? 2 minutes ago
- › Enter the BabyKicks and The Mindful Home Giveaway! 3 minutes ago
- › Favorite labor snacks and drinks? 5 minutes ago
- › Baby girl name poll 14 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 15 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 18 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 18 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh