Took the kids to the in-laws and cut out a blouse, a dress, and a summer slip today while MIL played with the kids. She has a great cutting table, and much more efficient air conditioning :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicArts And Craftstagged by System, 12/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- This week's giveaway! Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:32pm in Arts & Crafts
- I thought some of us would like this listing of sale for fiber arts! Last post on 11/29/13 at 8:31am in Arts & Crafts
- Need ideas for homemade gift for a 9 year old boy! Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:16am in Arts & Crafts
- Craft ideas for young children Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:25am in Arts & Crafts
- What are you knitting/crocheting? And share pics? Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:58pm in Arts & Crafts
Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids
Last edited: 12/5/13
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013Last edited: 11/26/13
- The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy CrayonsLast edited: 8/8/13
- Why We Choose HomemadeLast edited: 6/22/13
- The Season of WonderLast edited: 5/3/13
52 Project Challenge, 2013 - Page 18post #342 of 5817/3/13 at 4:13am
Thanks Smokering for the suggestions! I found a simple pattern and tutorial online for the pants which I am going to try. I will look for a raglan shirt to make for the top- I wasn't going to make a regular pj top I know my limitations.
I was going to make my niece a headband last night but we had people over instead. My littlest is begging for a blanket also but we have waaaaayyyyy to many that he can still use him so I don't want to but I feel bad for him cause he is the younger one so he is given all his brother's hand me downs. Not sure what I am going to do- I am going through all the linens/blankets and remove the ones that are only good for a baby and store them and then we shall see where we are at.post #343 of 5817/3/13 at 5:16pm
Does anybody do genealogy? I've been working for SIX MONTHS on ancestry.com for my family gift for Xmas. Each couple/member gets a chart that includes my grandparents as the center - below is their three kids, their four grandkids and their seven great-grands - above is their parents, their grandparents and their great-grands. I have high hopes for this! Only I'm completely stuck! My grandmother's grandparents have been found in the system, but I can't find her great-grandmother on one side and either great-grand through her mother. I'm at a loss. And I refuse to give the gift without the completed project, yk? I don't even know who to ask.
Anyway, I think I'm up to 18/52, but I need to go back and look.
post #344 of 5817/3/13 at 9:31pmpost #345 of 5817/4/13 at 6:08ampost #346 of 5817/4/13 at 10:21amAQ,I think it would still be a lovely gift even if you can't fill it all in.Sometimes you just can't know all your history.I have no idea who my paternal grandfather is or the real name of my maternal grandfather(he took a different identity)but my history is still rich.Trees are still beautiful even if when they are missing some limbs(Bushes are lovely too!Ha!).post #347 of 5817/5/13 at 6:59ampost #348 of 5817/5/13 at 9:27am
I was totally going to use my 52 projects as crafty things, but I'm taking a point for this one!
We have five trees in our easement (the area between the street and the sidewalk) that had pavers around them and red lava rock in the middle. I couldn't stand the look of them, the kids walked around on the pavers and moved them out of alignment, the rocks needed to be refilled, etc. So I moved 97 pavers to the driveway for a CL sale and relocated *20* buckets of red rock to other landscaping area and then mulched around the trees. It looks friggin awesome!! Hours and hours of work and the new look brings a huge smile to my face. :Dpost #349 of 5817/6/13 at 4:09am
Has anyone made a Waldorf doll before-specifically the ones which have a round/ballish looking body? (I know what they are and have found them on line but can't remember the name off hand). I want to make one for my niece for Christmas and was wondering if it was easy as it looked. I have found a kit which would have everything I need.post #350 of 5817/8/13 at 11:59am1. Blanket for Marley (rainbow)2. Blanket for Abby (white and pastel)3. Blanket for SC baby (mint and white)4. RTA furniture (2 bar stools, 1 lamp, 1 butterfly table)5. 3 intense journals for therapy6. Blanket for CM ( grey, green, blue, yellow)7. Blanket - for HH or donation (pink and grey)8. Blanket - for HH or donation(mint and creme9. Washcloth - for HH or donation (green/white)10. Blanket -for D (peacock colors)Deciding if I should do a few more washcloths YUCK or start another blanket? or do some xstitch ... hummmmI'm sick today so something simple and able to complete would be nice... tummy troublespost #351 of 5817/8/13 at 9:18pmThread Starter
33/52: DS' third long-sleeved shirt. I have now conquered cuff plackets. Turns out they aren't that hard once you get used to them. :p This shirt also features some mad pattern-matching at the front... entirely by accident, but hey! I'm pleased with it.
Now working on a skirt I've had in mind for years. It's for our Disneyland trip in January. The basic pattern is a wraparound Ottobre A-line knee-length skirt, in dark blue sturdy fabric. I'm lining it, using sturdy copper/bronze snaps instead of buttons, and covering the whole thing in pockets. Pockets everywhere! 3-D ones and patch pockets and maybe a zippered pocket or two if I'm brave; all over with lots of snaps and hardware, kind of military-style. I might make a belt with yet more pockets to wear with it, too. Hopefully it'll avoid the dreaded fanny-pack issue, and hold all my cash and tickets and snacks and so on so I don't need to bother with getting rid of my bag before going on rollercoasters. Plus, two free hands for child-wrangling.
All crafting is hampered at the moment by the lurgy - I would have finished DS' shirt days ago, but I was overcome with some kind of fluey thing. DH kindly went out and bought me some topstitching thread today, though (and in a really nice colour, too! I shouldn't be surprised... he does web design and is good with colours... but I was.) So I'll get cracking on the skirt.post #352 of 5817/8/13 at 10:58pm
Man, what's with all of us being sick at the same time? I just recovered from a quick and dirty bout of mastitis. But, once my energy started coming back I finished a scarf from some handspun yarn, and I'm about 30 minutes away from finishing the refashion on the wrap dress. Feels good to have some stuff finally done! I'll post pics of both soon.post #353 of 5817/9/13 at 6:34pm
I finished a bracelet I wanted to make for myself and my niece's headbands. Tomorrow I will try to make a heating pad with rice- we will see how it goes. Our fabric store was having an awesome sale on the weekend- 50-60 per cent off fabrics. I bought fleece to make pajama pants for 6.50/m- it was usually 20/m! I am very excited to get started.post #354 of 5817/11/13 at 5:11pm
I knit 2 more ruffle scarfs. I am laid up with a perhaps broken foot so not much is going on here.... I am working on another ruffle scarf but honestly my arms hurt so bad from the dumb crutches that knitting isn't really fun right now. 2 days before I hurt myself I hit a Mill Ends and bought a bag of batiks.... So I am touching and having fun dreaming about all the batik projects I can make :) If it is a break I am going to make some little bags for my crutches.... I think a wild little dress for my baby is in order too... Already regretting not buying enough for a quilt top.... yeah... cause I have time for that :)post #355 of 5817/11/13 at 8:33pm
This is turning into the 'year of the blankets'1. Blanket for Marley (rainbow)2. Blanket for Abby (white and pastel)3. Blanket for SC baby (mint and white)4. RTA furniture (2 bar stools, 1 lamp, 1 butterfly table)5. 3 intense journals for therapy6. Blanket for CM ( grey, green, blue, yellow)7. Blanket - for HH or donation (pink and grey)8. Blanket - for HH or donation(mint and creme9. Washcloth - for HH or donation (green/white)10. Blanket -for D (peacock colors)11. Blanket- for HH or donation (dk gray/purple/lt gray)12. Car seat/lap blanket for Abby (peach)Started on a small car seat blanket for Abby... I bought this yarn on close out 5?? years ago. had no idea what to do with it cuz there is less than 100 yds total... sooo soft and fluffy (a total PITA to work with) Should be enough for an 18x18 blankie..... turns out that was an hour project and more like 12x18 but oh well... you just need a little something for the car up north in the winter.tomorrow is yarn club and I am going to learn how to crochet in a circle if it kills everyone there.
Edited by zebra15 - 7/11/13 at 11:24pmpost #356 of 5817/11/13 at 11:50pmpost #357 of 5817/12/13 at 4:18pmpost #358 of 5817/14/13 at 11:49ampost #359 of 5817/14/13 at 8:02pm1. Blanket for Marley (rainbow)2. Blanket for Abby (white and pastel)3. Blanket for SC baby (mint and white)4. RTA furniture (2 bar stools, 1 lamp, 1 butterfly table)5. 3 intense journals for therapy6. Blanket for CM ( grey, green, blue, yellow)7. Blanket - for HH or donation (pink and grey)8. Blanket - for HH or donation(mint and creme9. Washcloth - for HH or donation (green/white)10. Blanket -for D (peacock colors)11. Blanket- for HH or donation (dk gray/purple/lt gray)12. Car seat/lap blanket for Abby (peach)13. pink/red/green baby hat -AbbyBought way too much yarn today but gosh Joann's was having a clearance and I used the Michaels 25% off everything coupon so the stuff was practically free... so much yarn... so little time.I need to finish the circle blanket this week so I can work on DS blanket, of course he changed his mind from zigzag to circle UGH so thats 2 circle blankets in a row...post #360 of 5817/17/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
It's organic bamboo velour. A few years back I purchased full rolls. I still have some of most of the colors left if you'd like some. PM me. It was $8/yd since I got full rolls.
- Arts and Crafts Gifts for Kids | Mothering Natural Toy Guide 2013
- › Hello everyone! 28 seconds ago
- › December -- What did you accomplish today? 1 minute ago
- › Hello 4 minutes ago
- › Low supply - What helped you? 6 minutes ago
- › I keep covering up the baby.... advice please! 18 minutes ago
- › Placenta takeover? 20 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 32 minutes ago
- › Devastated over husband not wanting more children. 33 minutes ago
- › Baby Photos! 36 minutes ago
- › hard to handle mother in law, my son's only living grandparent..... 41 minutes ago
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo