Justmama - I am so chagrined I missed the solidarity * - I really mean to maintain that. It is my way of saying I keep up with your posts, and wish you all the best.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less Challenge!! All Welcome!! Last post on Yesterday at 3:02 pm in Frugality & Finances
- Is there a group / forum out there like this? DR related Last post on 2/21/14 at 2:21pm in Frugality & Finances
- Is it legal for my landlord to.... Last post on 2/19/14 at 8:03am in Frugality & Finances
- ~~ Be Mine, Sweet Savings ~~ February No-Spend Challenge! All Welcome! Last post on 3/1/14 at 11:45am in Frugality & Finances
- Tell me your tips for budget success Last post on 1/15/14 at 9:33am in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at ChristmasLast edited: 12/18/13
- 100 Last Minute Stocking Stuffers for Kids
~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ - Page 62post #1221 of 140510/30/13 at 10:13pmpost #1222 of 140510/31/13 at 1:10amThread Starterpost #1223 of 140510/31/13 at 3:23amQuote:aww Rhu, I l ove you. A little one here and there is a sweet reminder but don't change your typing habits for me. lol. You are adorable!
I got my email from the scarymommy team. We were approved! when I'm on a computer and can see better I'm going to have to see if there's an address to send a thank you card to. that's such a huge blessing that I'd like to send forward some love.
somehow we made it through the month. rent is getting paid tomorrow. everyone has a costume. and we have food. I'm blown away. lots to be grateful for this month.post #1224 of 140510/31/13 at 6:51am
I'm so excited for everyone who has managed to get their applications in! I hope we can all get sponsored. "ScaryMommy Nation has received your application for assistance through the Thanksgiving Project and we are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved. You can expect your gift approximately two weeks before Thanksgiving, so please keep an eye out for it." I received an e-mail saying that, actually before I even received the email saying, "ScaryMommy Nation has received your application for assistance through the Thanksgiving Project." So I guess that means I was chosen?post #1225 of 140510/31/13 at 8:36ampost #1226 of 140510/31/13 at 10:22amQuote:
Thank you. Now, that's a whole nother ballgame. lol. I have never in my life cooked a Thanksgiving dinner, and I rarely cook meat. What I actually think I'm going to do is let my cousin and her partner come over for Thanksgiving. They are young (18 & 19), not on GREAT terms with their families and just recently moved into their own place. They have very little and she was talking last night about having to use a good chunk of her food stamps on a turkey this month. I was just thinking about doing my first thanksgiving at my home, so I'll probably see if they want to come over for the day and we'll split the cooking. (She can take the bird! :) )post #1227 of 140510/31/13 at 11:51ampost #1228 of 140510/31/13 at 3:33pmpost #1229 of 140510/31/13 at 4:19pmpost #1230 of 140510/31/13 at 5:12pm
thatgirliknew, I'm the same. I've been a vegetarian all of my adult life. I've NEVER had the money or inclination to cook a turkey. I think I'll do the very smallest I can find for my omni girls though since they love it and I know it won't go to waste and we'll have the money with our scarymommy nation blessing. I'm also thinking cranberry sauce, broccoli casserole, fresh homemade rolls, and apple pie along with some raw veggie platters(my kids won't eat cooked veggies so the broccoli casserole is for me). I'm excited!!!post #1231 of 140510/31/13 at 6:05pmpost #1232 of 140510/31/13 at 6:41pmI already loved and admired the scarymommy board, and now I do even more. So happy you will all be blessed. Groceries are mostly bought, and I was able to pick up extra potatoes and cranberries since there was a sale. Babies loved trick or treating and got loads of candy. Now Im being lazy before I start on a late dinner.post #1233 of 140510/31/13 at 7:43pmQuote:
No problema! I had NO clue about it either. A blogger I really like posted an article from there (The "Those People" article on ScaryMommyNation) and when I was reading the article I learned about the project. Well, that's one holiday down to not have to worry about. I'm missing out on HH here this year because I've been a member for a long time and have the post count, but I was without internet for a long time, so I've only been "consistently" active since August. We'll figure it out though. :)post #1234 of 140510/31/13 at 7:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by justmama
thatgirliknew, I'm the same. I've been a vegetarian all of my adult life. I've NEVER had the money or inclination to cook a turkey. I think I'll do the very smallest I can find for my omni girls though since they love it and I know it won't go to waste and we'll have the money with our scarymommy nation blessing. I'm also thinking cranberry sauce, broccoli casserole, fresh homemade rolls, and apple pie along with some raw veggie platters(my kids won't eat cooked veggies so the broccoli casserole is for me). I'm excited!!!
I'm not strictly vegetarian. I eat meat when it's offered, but I rarely can afford it and I just don't enjoy cooking it. BUT, I'm going to let my cousin handle the meat cooking and deserts while I take care of the sides.post #1235 of 140511/1/13 at 7:04am
Yesterday was a fun day here- full of excess, but the kids had a magical time.
I have one of those giant pumpkin leaf bags FULL of Halloween candy from the kids' rounds last night. Oh my gosh- this is a tiny town, but wherever they went they were given a HUGE amount. We went to maybe 10 places? Each kid had a shopping bag stuffed with treats.
Plus, because I have not mastered being in two places at once, we were out trick or treating and not handing out the treats I bought to hand out, so we have all of those, too.
In other news, I also managed to buy some pumpkins at 4/$1 so now I have 7 pumpkins here. We carved one last night for a window display, but the rest are intact, so I need to put them in the root cellar except for one, and turn that into baked pumpkin for some pumpkin cookies as a fall fun celebration later this weekend. And some pumpkin soup, but my kids won't touch that.
Also managed to find a thrift shop yesterday to trump all other thrift shops. $5 for a big black garbage bag full of anything you want from the store. I got all the kids new winter jackets, new boots, some warm sweaters and a bunch of warm sweaters for my husband. Such a great find! They are open twice a week for a few hours at a time. I suspect I will be there regularly.post #1236 of 140511/1/13 at 7:41am
I am so thankful we got in too! My girls are happy and have already ask me to make a few of their favorites on Thanksgiving. Looks like I will be making a turkey or ham (they both go on sale CHEAP right before here), some veggies, deviled eggs, and a pumpkin and apple pie.
News front- I couldn't pay the house payment this month I thought since we have only had about $600 total in income come in but my husbands boss tacked on a few more hrs to his check and we somehow ended up with a extra check yesterday to pay it. Never been so happy in my life!
Things are going well here. I have been working a lot more then normal and just trying to make it.post #1237 of 140511/1/13 at 12:26pmThread Starter
Last night was sooooo fun for kiddo. I thought for sure at 13 he would be 'over' halloween but nope, and honestly he was a 'small' kid out there !!. We went to our usual neighborhood. 2 pillow sacks of candy later we headed home, one exhausted mommy, one tired dog, and one happy kiddo.
I am thankful for the T-day sponsor from scary mommy
I need to get to work on HH and decide if I want to apply - really on the fencer about this.
Thanksgiving is late this year... not much time between t-day and xmas...less than 4 full weeks....post #1238 of 140511/1/13 at 3:06pm
Hope everyone is doing okay and hanging on....Between working,taking care of E 3 nights a week and my classes I am so happy it is the weekend...I am so tierd and just want to sleep in tommorow...It is cold and raining here...But it didn't stop my from taking the kids TT...They each got a bucket full...L has so many allergies she only goes for the fun..and the small toy I manage to scare up from the Pumpkin Fairy to replace the candy with...LOL
I want to thank whomever posted about Scarymommy and the Thanksgiving help...I applied and got my accepted email awhile ago...I am so excited..I have never made my own meal before this..We have always gone to someone elses...But with L's allergies it was always awkward and tense...I look forward to making a meal at home that my girl can 100% eat and not have to took on with sad eyes because nobody cares that she can't eat it as long as they can...
My own home...
Heat in this chilly weather..
My rent is paid this month..post #1239 of 140511/1/13 at 9:50pmpost #1240 of 140511/2/13 at 1:19pmGot a few things together for a thanksgiving box Im donating to a local freecycle drive. So far I am donating a can of pumpkin, a spice cake mix, two apple pie fillings, four large ears of corn, and a candy dish with fall candy. I am roasting a chicken tonight so I want to save the stock for the drive as well. Im freezing it in two cup servings so we will see how much birdie gives up lol. Since we can do homemade things for this drive Im able to give more, I ony bought the cake mix for them in mind.
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas
- › "Here Comes the Judgment" 2 minutes ago
- › considering Catholicism but family planning confusion - thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Needing advice 5 minutes ago
- › Belly Pictures! 5 minutes ago
- › Good Days / Bad Days 13 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 14 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 15 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 18 minutes ago
- › anyone else LOVE Pregnancy and have amazing pregnancies? SHARE!!!! 27 minutes ago
- › Finally decided 31 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher