Splath- How wonderful!
Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 3:38 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Anyone ever used Maureen Dahl with Heritage Midwifery in MN? Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:03am in Minnesota, Wisconsin
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 8: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 11/16/12
September 2013 Due Date Club
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 8post #141 of 6461/21/13 at 8:43amThread Starterpost #142 of 6461/21/13 at 10:55ampost #143 of 6461/21/13 at 11:03ampost #144 of 6461/21/13 at 11:19ampost #145 of 6461/21/13 at 11:52ampost #146 of 6461/21/13 at 4:27pmQuote:
Went for my first midwife consultation this morning too! I also really liked them (they do home births and water births). I'll have my first real appointment on Feb 21st, when I'll be 12 weeks. She said you can first hear the heartbeat between 10-12 weeks (unless it's on an ultrasound).
I'm kind of thinking I should do it earlier, like at 10 weeks? I'm just worried I won't be able to hear the heartbeat yet.post #147 of 6461/21/13 at 6:56pmQuote:
First pregnancy, I was in for bleeding at 10 weeks, no heartbeat. Three days later, they picked it up. It might have been just a bit too early the first time. Had first appt with doppler at 11 weeks with our second and heard it.post #148 of 6461/21/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
Depends - will you be doing any prenatal testing? In particular the nuchal scan? Because that seems to be the only time sensitive thing right now, since it has to be done between 11 and 13 weeks.
I still need to discuss what testing we'll be doing with my husband, but I think we'll take this, and if it comes back positive then do whatever the name of the new test that looks for fetal chromosomes in the mother's blood (which apparently is really expensive by itself, but if we're getting it because the nuchal scan comes back positive then insurance should cover it).post #149 of 6461/22/13 at 1:16ampost #150 of 6461/22/13 at 9:40ampost #151 of 6461/22/13 at 10:57amMy OB called Friday and started me on oral progesterone (200mg x 1 daily) because my level was 7. Monday I went to my primary care doc for my gallbladder, and she recently became NaPro Technology certified, and was really not ok with the regimen of progesterone my OB had me on, and that he didn't even give me an EDD. When I told her my feeling after the last appt and that I was switching to either BC or the OB who does waterbirths at hospital, she said she wanted to change my progesterone regimen, and she did bloodwork and she ordered an ultrasound and said she'd manage me until I see new OB, and throughout for meds if I do BC-because her office is moving into the building with the BC. How freaking cool is that?!?!
Anyway, u/s showed I was as early as I had thought and old OB was stupid for not listening to me. 6 weeks exactly yesterday. We saw the heartbeat!!
My progesterone came back at 11 today, so she has me on progesterone injections and increased my oral progesterone to twice daily. I feel like I have PMS on steroids, but she says she did it too and I should adjust soon.
I'm waiting to hear back from the BC to do a tour and meet the midwives, but I have an appt with the new OB feb. 8.post #152 of 6461/22/13 at 11:11ampost #153 of 6461/22/13 at 1:55pmpost #154 of 6461/22/13 at 2:18pmpost #155 of 6461/22/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
This has actually been quite excessive from what I had my 4 other pregnancies. Only by accident, did I have an appointment so early. I am thankful a potentially serious situation was caught, but I'd much rather have the carefree early pregnancy where I wasn't so worried about labs and monitoring.post #156 of 6461/23/13 at 4:16ampost #157 of 6461/23/13 at 5:08ampost #158 of 6461/23/13 at 5:51ampost #159 of 6461/23/13 at 10:51amI got my blood results back from my doctor today. My progesterone is low 😕 it's at 13, and they want it at least 15. Starting prometrium today. I can't help but be worried. I'm quite attached to the little skittle after seeing him/her Monday.
- Appointment Results/Updates
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › Exercise Ideas 1 minute ago
- › It looks like im not having a Home Birth this time around 2 minutes ago
- › Bed sharing with a newborn and a 3 year old 4 minutes ago
- › not vaccinating in huntsvile AL. lost. 6 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 7 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 12 minutes ago
- › Has anybody else experienced this? 14 minutes ago
- › What are you all doing for the GD test? 19 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 21 minutes ago
- › I'm out :( 23 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by stormysky
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky