Splath- How wonderful!
Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on 6/12/13 at 1:20am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Anyone ever used Maureen Dahl with Heritage Midwifery in MN? Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:03am in Minnesota, Wisconsin
New Study Shows Midwife-Led Birth Centers Improve Outcomes
Edited on 2/8/13
- Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
September 2013 Due Date Club
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 8post #141 of 6841/21/13 at 8:43amThread StarterSponsored Linkspost #142 of 6841/21/13 at 10:55ampost #143 of 6841/21/13 at 11:03ampost #144 of 6841/21/13 at 11:19ampost #145 of 6841/21/13 at 11:52ampost #146 of 6841/21/13 at 4:27pmQuote:
Went for my first midwife consultation this morning too! I also really liked them (they do home births and water births). I'll have my first real appointment on Feb 21st, when I'll be 12 weeks. She said you can first hear the heartbeat between 10-12 weeks (unless it's on an ultrasound).
I'm kind of thinking I should do it earlier, like at 10 weeks? I'm just worried I won't be able to hear the heartbeat yet.post #147 of 6841/21/13 at 6:56pmQuote:
First pregnancy, I was in for bleeding at 10 weeks, no heartbeat. Three days later, they picked it up. It might have been just a bit too early the first time. Had first appt with doppler at 11 weeks with our second and heard it.post #148 of 6841/21/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
Depends - will you be doing any prenatal testing? In particular the nuchal scan? Because that seems to be the only time sensitive thing right now, since it has to be done between 11 and 13 weeks.
I still need to discuss what testing we'll be doing with my husband, but I think we'll take this, and if it comes back positive then do whatever the name of the new test that looks for fetal chromosomes in the mother's blood (which apparently is really expensive by itself, but if we're getting it because the nuchal scan comes back positive then insurance should cover it).post #149 of 6841/22/13 at 1:16ampost #150 of 6841/22/13 at 9:40ampost #151 of 6841/22/13 at 10:57amMy OB called Friday and started me on oral progesterone (200mg x 1 daily) because my level was 7. Monday I went to my primary care doc for my gallbladder, and she recently became NaPro Technology certified, and was really not ok with the regimen of progesterone my OB had me on, and that he didn't even give me an EDD. When I told her my feeling after the last appt and that I was switching to either BC or the OB who does waterbirths at hospital, she said she wanted to change my progesterone regimen, and she did bloodwork and she ordered an ultrasound and said she'd manage me until I see new OB, and throughout for meds if I do BC-because her office is moving into the building with the BC. How freaking cool is that?!?!
Anyway, u/s showed I was as early as I had thought and old OB was stupid for not listening to me. 6 weeks exactly yesterday. We saw the heartbeat!!
My progesterone came back at 11 today, so she has me on progesterone injections and increased my oral progesterone to twice daily. I feel like I have PMS on steroids, but she says she did it too and I should adjust soon.
I'm waiting to hear back from the BC to do a tour and meet the midwives, but I have an appt with the new OB feb. 8.post #152 of 6841/22/13 at 11:11ampost #153 of 6841/22/13 at 1:55pmpost #154 of 6841/22/13 at 2:18pmpost #155 of 6841/22/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
This has actually been quite excessive from what I had my 4 other pregnancies. Only by accident, did I have an appointment so early. I am thankful a potentially serious situation was caught, but I'd much rather have the carefree early pregnancy where I wasn't so worried about labs and monitoring.post #156 of 6841/23/13 at 4:16ampost #157 of 6841/23/13 at 5:08ampost #158 of 6841/23/13 at 5:51ampost #159 of 6841/23/13 at 10:51amI got my blood results back from my doctor today. My progesterone is low 😕 it's at 13, and they want it at least 15. Starting prometrium today. I can't help but be worried. I'm quite attached to the little skittle after seeing him/her Monday.
- Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › Thoughts on my situation please ! 1 minute ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 1 minute ago
- › Queer Conceptions: June 2013 3 minutes ago
- › When your difficult child wears you out 3 minutes ago
- › Braxton Hicks 6 minutes ago
- › Belly shots 7 minutes ago
- › Having a biological child after adoption 9 minutes ago
- › should i get this root canal? 9 minutes ago
- › new to natural living 11 minutes ago
- › In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... 12 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama