Congrats on the great u/s thefreckledmama! That is so wonderful to hear!
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicChoosing A Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPaying Your Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- categoryPregnancy Birth Bookstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- brandRight At Home Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSpiritual Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Midwives in Birmingham al and surrounding areas Last post on 10/22/13 at 9:10am in Midwives
- Midwife help please Last post on 10/8/13 at 7:51am in Midwives
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on 9/21/13 at 9:19am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
Last edited: 8/9/13
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?Last edited: 8/5/13
- Sacred Pregnancy - The Movement: An Interview with Annie DaulterLast edited: 2/26/14
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 13post #241 of 6852/6/13 at 10:58ampost #242 of 6852/6/13 at 1:54pm
I'm so glad to see all the good test results and updates from everyone!
I had my regular ultrasound this morning. Everyone's doing well, measuring on schedule with fast beating hearts and pulsing placentas at 10 weeks. They waved their little arm buds and leg buds around. The ultrasound images are so low-quality and it's hard to get both fetuses in one picture. We got one "good" shot of the two of them this week, and, well, it's a photo only a mother could love. reassuring to know everything is going well, though.post #243 of 6852/6/13 at 10:53pmpost #244 of 6852/7/13 at 11:57am
Ugh. So talked to my primary doc yesterday, my progesterone was 21.7, which she feels is still too low, so now I'm also going on progesterone suppositories. I'm really looking forward to my MW appt tomorrow, because I think all this progesterone is unnecessary, but I'm also not a professional.post #245 of 6852/7/13 at 4:55pmFreckledmama- My progesterone was 21 and my doc was not concerned at all. Then it dropped to 13 and he was. I went on prometrium, had it tested a week later and it was 21. And again not concerned. I think 21 is fine. Mine was 31 on Monday and I thought it was quite high but he still wants me taking it. Everything I have read says levels as low as 9 can be normal and sustain a pregnancy. Good luck with your mw apptpost #246 of 6852/7/13 at 5:34pmpost #247 of 6852/8/13 at 11:21am
We had our first ultrasound yesterday and words cannot describe how grateful, excited and elated we are! Heartbeat was a strong 163 and our little bean measured a couple of days bigger than we expected, 8 weeks + 5 days! We will wait to change or update our due date until we meet with our midwife again. We are just so completely blissed out! Baby even did the cutest little jiggle dance for us, it was absolutely amazing!post #248 of 6852/8/13 at 12:20pmpost #249 of 6852/8/13 at 12:34pmpost #250 of 6852/8/13 at 12:57pmpost #251 of 6852/8/13 at 1:12pmpost #252 of 6852/8/13 at 1:16pmpost #253 of 6852/8/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
I bet you are just like I was, brimming with anticipation! Ahhhh!! So exciting!!! Definitely a good sign that the nausea has kicked in although it's not very fun is it? I've had it on and off for the past 2 weeks, it's pretty awful sometimes but DH keeps reminding me that it's a good sign and I smile and say "I know" it's just yucky though. It will all be worth it in the end and I know you feel the same.post #254 of 6852/8/13 at 5:55pm
Every time I whine I try to remind myself that same thing! It will be worth it. I AM glad I have it because I never did the first time around (or the 2nd, but that only got to 4w5d) which has to be a good sign. It does suck though. I am slowly finding things that work for me and make it bearable. Popsicles are a miracle, I'm telling you, but nothing really lasts longer than 20 min. You are right about the excitement building!! I hope this weekend goes by fast. I have a lot going on so hopefully that will make it speed by!post #255 of 6852/8/13 at 6:35pmpost #256 of 6852/8/13 at 7:20pmGood news, Suzie, and great pics too!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, toothfairy!
I've decided to cancel my appt next week (9w) and transfer to a regular OB practice or birthcenter so now onto the project of taking tours and meeting for interviews. I'd like to get it done soon because I'm thinking of getting the NT scan.
I'm trying to convince DH to go with the birthcenter and when I mentioned you have to go to their orientation first, he said: "We have to go to the indoctrination?" He's such a skeptic!post #257 of 6852/9/13 at 6:53amdakipode-DP was somewhat skeptical of the birth center too. We went to a "meet the midwife" night, and he was able to ask any questions he had (which were none, she was very thorough in her presentation), and also tour the facility. After that he was much more comfortable with it. Good luck.
I had my first prenatal with my MW. Very in eventful, but we did discuss my progesterone and she agreed that was somewhat excessive and she gave me some specific questions to ask my primary doc about it, so we will see. Next appointment is in a month.post #258 of 6852/9/13 at 7:51am
I love seeing those ultrasound scans. I'm kinda bummed b/c my insurance will only cover one ultrasound and midwife told me to wait until 20 weeks. I have my first real appointment on Tuesday, I'll be 10 weeks, 6 days. Was planning on having it at 12 weeks, but I'll be on my 'minimoon.' :D
I'm hoping I'll at least get to hear the heartbeat at this appointment?post #259 of 6852/9/13 at 11:14amQuote:
That's exciting swissmiss, hope she's as great for you as your previous midwife! I am hoping to have that kind of special relationship with my midwife as well. She's a child of the 60's and broke out into a Joni Mitchell song during our initial meeting/consultation which totally clicked with me (and DH)! I hope our relationship will grow along with this pregnancy:)
Quote:Originally Posted by sarahl918
Every time I whine I try to remind myself that same thing! It will be worth it. I AM glad I have it because I never did the first time around (or the 2nd, but that only got to 4w5d) which has to be a good sign. It does suck though. I am slowly finding things that work for me and make it bearable. Popsicles are a miracle, I'm telling you, but nothing really lasts longer than 20 min. You are right about the excitement building!! I hope this weekend goes by fast. I have a lot going on so hopefully that will make it speed by!
Sarah - the nausea is new for me this time too, I definitely think it's a good sign for us! Glad you've got things to keep you busy/distracted this weekend, I'm sure that will help a lot with the wait! So, I've been drilling my Mom with (pregnancy/birth) questions and she's having a hard time remembering everything. But, she did recall that she went into labor with me a little after 10am and delivered me at 2:47pm (sounds great, right). But, I was her 2nd, with my sister, she had over 36 hours of labor, ahhhh! And, it was her birthday!
toothfairy - I too wonder about the different measuring techniques of the u/s techs. Thinking good thoughts for you at your next u/s and sending lots of good vibes as well.
Thanks dakipode:) Hope things go well with the birth center tour (and/or with a regular OB) and your DH sounds funny, love the indoctrination thing!
KaliHekate - I don't have any insurance so EVERYTHING is out of pocket for us. The 8 week u/s was really important to us because of my last (first) pregnancy ending in mc. And, especially since I had a 'missed miscarriage', where my body was holding the pregnancy even though it was no longer viable and I showed no signs of mc, it was kind of necessary for me (both physically and emotionally) to make sure things were right this time around. Otherwise, I would definitely consider waiting for the 18 or 20 week scan. Really hope that you're able to hear the hb at your 10 week appointment and enjoy your minimoon!
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
- › White chunks in EBF baby poop? 6 minutes ago
- › Movement? 6 minutes ago
- › How to write a valedictory address for this situation? 7 minutes ago
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 9 minutes ago
- › Body temperature all over the map 14 minutes ago
- › Christian mom April '14 17 minutes ago
- › Child who gets hives with every illness 30 minutes ago
- › Wednesday was stressful =( 36 minutes ago
- › The New And Improved Medical Cure For Hunger And Malnutrition 43 minutes ago
- › Weekly Thread April 14-20 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness