- 160 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 4:39 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Anyone ever used Maureen Dahl with Heritage Midwifery in MN? Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:03am in Minnesota, Wisconsin
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 8: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 11/16/12
September 2013 Due Date Club
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 18post #341 of 6472/26/13 at 6:58amI actually got my positive test on my birthday which I think was a pretty awesome present.post #342 of 6472/26/13 at 10:09am
So happy to hear about all of your great appointments, hearts beating strong, etc...
Wonderful u/s pic Sarah! How often are you having ultrasounds done?
tillymonster and cmu204 - happy belated b-day, sounds like you both had great ones, that's awesome!
I went in for a quick appointment last week to get more blood drawn to test how the thyroid med is working, I'd been on it for exactly a month, don't have results yet, hopefully today. Best thing is at the appointment, my midwife was able to find the heartbeat via doppler so that was pretty amazing, especially since I was only in my 10th week!post #343 of 6472/26/13 at 10:39am
I have my first appointment on Friday at 10 weeks. I so hope we can hear the heartbeat. Especially since I have light brown discharge on and off which I know can be totally normal but still freaks me out that it will turn to blood. I had bleeding with two babies around this time and they are perfect.post #344 of 6472/26/13 at 10:52ampost #345 of 6472/26/13 at 10:55ampost #346 of 6472/26/13 at 10:59ampost #347 of 6472/26/13 at 11:11amQuote:
Wonderful u/s pic Sarah! How often are you having ultrasounds done?
Thank you! I think we're only going to have two more - my OB only suggested one at 12w and one at 18-20w. He said if I get nervous we can always do one in between, but I have to say I feel SO much better having two behind me that show things are looking good!!! I'm sure once we can use the doppler & of course when I can feel the baby moving that will be additional reassurance. ;) How are you feeling?post #348 of 6472/26/13 at 11:51am
Great pics chispita! The 4d is so cool, you can really see your little babe all nuzzled up nicely in there!!
Sarah - I know what you mean about having 2 behind you, that's kind of how I'm feeling about the 1 u/s and the 1 doppler (heard the hb last Thursday via doppler - was awesome). It sure will be nice to feel them moving won't it!?! I'm feeling alright, still a little queasy here and there but not much, tired but not as bad and unfortunately still really picky with food, it's driving me crazy! Headaches seem to be under control, only a little one mostly in the morning or late at night but goes away pretty quick, so I'm very happy about that! BTW - not sure if you saw my post in the weekly chat thread, but here's a link, might help your morning sickness if you're still dealing with that:post #349 of 6472/26/13 at 1:04pmpost #350 of 6472/26/13 at 1:42pmpost #351 of 6472/26/13 at 4:37pm
I had my first midwife appointment today at 11w+5. Heard the heartbeat, finally, so I am feeling like I am ACTUALLY pregnant now, instead of just large-bellied! I did get good news that my midwife has been working on doing saline injections for back labor, so I am very excited! I always feel labor exclusively in my back and nothing in my pelvis, so this is huge news!
I'm going in for my first ultrasound next Friday, but my BIG u/s isn't until April. I am hoping to at least "connect" a bit more with this baby. I don't know, this pregnancy has been the hardest for me to relate to and I have no idea why.post #352 of 6472/26/13 at 6:59pmFirst ultrasound was today and it went great! Unfortunately baby did not want to co-operate with giving us a good picture. But heartebat was strong and we got to see little hands wving about. And our chances of DS went from about 1 in 350 based on my age down to 1 in 2000 based on the ultrasound. So I'm thrilled! Hopefully the blood test gives us similar numbers.
Anyways, now I feel confident to go ahead and book our birthing suite and consider letting people know publicly that we're expecting #2. Yay!!post #353 of 6472/26/13 at 7:34pmpost #354 of 6472/26/13 at 7:38pmQuote:
Are you waiting for the bloodwork to come back before announcing, or just going ahead?
I'm not sure what to do. Seems like the rational thing at this point - since we've waited thus far - is to wait for the blood work too, but after seeing the little bean yesterday I'm getting very impatient about it! I just want to tell everyone!!! (Fine, maybe not everyone everyone, I'm waiting on telling at work until I hear back about some stuff, and only after that will I "FB announce")post #355 of 6472/26/13 at 8:13pm
Suzie - Yay for hearing the heartbeat!! We are going back in a week to do the same. That is so neat about the salt packs! Fortunately I haven't been vomiting except that once, so hopefully I won't have to give it a shot. If only it worked for plain old nausea, too! I'm almost the same place you are - the nausea has been a little easier the last couple of days, not nearly as bad as it was last week. I've heard it can come back full force in weeks 10 & 11, so I'm not pretending that I'm completely out of the woods yet. Glad your headaches have improved. So far I've gotten off relatively easily in that area... though I am still very tired! And definitely VERY picky with food! That is probably the worst part of it all. I just can't wait to have a normal appetite again. But it'll all be worth it I know...
Love seeing everyone else's pictures and reading about your great appointments!post #356 of 6472/26/13 at 8:25pmVery cool pictures! We met our Midwife today. Got to hear the heart tones. Makes is real! All the kids we so excited to hear baby. I'm 11 weeks and 3 days and thought I was in the clear for feeling yucky. That is a negative! I have had some wicked headaches too. A first for me in pregnancy
Looking forward to spring. Fresh are and sunshine might help.post #357 of 6472/27/13 at 6:49amQuote:
We're going to go ahead and tell people. We're doing the screening for information purposes - unless the we found out the baby had one of the fatal chromosone problems, it wouldn't cause us to change the course of the pregnancy (just our planned delivery location). I don't think I could wait any longer to tell people anyways!! Keeping secrets is NOT a strong point of mine! My family, close friends and workplace already know, so really this is just our okay to announce it to everyone else on Facebookpost #358 of 6472/27/13 at 8:42ampost #359 of 6472/27/13 at 9:30am
- Appointment Results/Updates
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › Any moms out there with babies who hate carseats? 3 seconds ago
- › Is 2 years old too young to BEGIN separation? 3 minutes ago
- › All cotton diapers that last like Motherease..BabeeGreens? 3 minutes ago
- › Breech Babies Turn! 4 minutes ago
- › Fundal Height 5 minutes ago
- › Trying to Adopt/Foster 2013 Chat Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Overweight children - is it parental neglect? 6 minutes ago
- › What can I expect being pregnant with a toddler in tow? 7 minutes ago
- › Exercise Ideas 10 minutes ago
- › relactation 13 minutes ago
- › Quick Clean Breastpump and Accessory Wipes 24 Pack by nataliebassoon
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by nataliebassoon
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by stormysky
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo