Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicChoosing A Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPaying Your Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- categoryPregnancy Birth Bookstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- brandRight At Home Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSpiritual Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Midwives in Birmingham al and surrounding areas Last post on 10/22/13 at 9:10am in Midwives
- Midwife help please Last post on 10/8/13 at 7:51am in Midwives
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on 9/21/13 at 9:19am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
Last edited: 8/9/13
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?Last edited: 8/5/13
- Sacred Pregnancy - The Movement: An Interview with Annie DaulterLast edited: 2/26/14
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 18post #341 of 6852/26/13 at 6:58ampost #342 of 6852/26/13 at 10:09am
So happy to hear about all of your great appointments, hearts beating strong, etc...
Wonderful u/s pic Sarah! How often are you having ultrasounds done?
tillymonster and cmu204 - happy belated b-day, sounds like you both had great ones, that's awesome!
I went in for a quick appointment last week to get more blood drawn to test how the thyroid med is working, I'd been on it for exactly a month, don't have results yet, hopefully today. Best thing is at the appointment, my midwife was able to find the heartbeat via doppler so that was pretty amazing, especially since I was only in my 10th week!post #343 of 6852/26/13 at 10:39am
I have my first appointment on Friday at 10 weeks. I so hope we can hear the heartbeat. Especially since I have light brown discharge on and off which I know can be totally normal but still freaks me out that it will turn to blood. I had bleeding with two babies around this time and they are perfect.post #344 of 6852/26/13 at 10:52ampost #345 of 6852/26/13 at 10:55ampost #346 of 6852/26/13 at 10:59ampost #347 of 6852/26/13 at 11:11amQuote:
Wonderful u/s pic Sarah! How often are you having ultrasounds done?
Thank you! I think we're only going to have two more - my OB only suggested one at 12w and one at 18-20w. He said if I get nervous we can always do one in between, but I have to say I feel SO much better having two behind me that show things are looking good!!! I'm sure once we can use the doppler & of course when I can feel the baby moving that will be additional reassurance. ;) How are you feeling?post #348 of 6852/26/13 at 11:51am
Great pics chispita! The 4d is so cool, you can really see your little babe all nuzzled up nicely in there!!
Sarah - I know what you mean about having 2 behind you, that's kind of how I'm feeling about the 1 u/s and the 1 doppler (heard the hb last Thursday via doppler - was awesome). It sure will be nice to feel them moving won't it!?! I'm feeling alright, still a little queasy here and there but not much, tired but not as bad and unfortunately still really picky with food, it's driving me crazy! Headaches seem to be under control, only a little one mostly in the morning or late at night but goes away pretty quick, so I'm very happy about that! BTW - not sure if you saw my post in the weekly chat thread, but here's a link, might help your morning sickness if you're still dealing with that:post #349 of 6852/26/13 at 1:04pmpost #350 of 6852/26/13 at 1:42pmpost #351 of 6852/26/13 at 4:37pm
I had my first midwife appointment today at 11w+5. Heard the heartbeat, finally, so I am feeling like I am ACTUALLY pregnant now, instead of just large-bellied! I did get good news that my midwife has been working on doing saline injections for back labor, so I am very excited! I always feel labor exclusively in my back and nothing in my pelvis, so this is huge news!
I'm going in for my first ultrasound next Friday, but my BIG u/s isn't until April. I am hoping to at least "connect" a bit more with this baby. I don't know, this pregnancy has been the hardest for me to relate to and I have no idea why.post #352 of 6852/26/13 at 6:59pmFirst ultrasound was today and it went great! Unfortunately baby did not want to co-operate with giving us a good picture. But heartebat was strong and we got to see little hands wving about. And our chances of DS went from about 1 in 350 based on my age down to 1 in 2000 based on the ultrasound. So I'm thrilled! Hopefully the blood test gives us similar numbers.
Anyways, now I feel confident to go ahead and book our birthing suite and consider letting people know publicly that we're expecting #2. Yay!!post #353 of 6852/26/13 at 7:34pmpost #354 of 6852/26/13 at 7:38pmQuote:
Are you waiting for the bloodwork to come back before announcing, or just going ahead?
I'm not sure what to do. Seems like the rational thing at this point - since we've waited thus far - is to wait for the blood work too, but after seeing the little bean yesterday I'm getting very impatient about it! I just want to tell everyone!!! (Fine, maybe not everyone everyone, I'm waiting on telling at work until I hear back about some stuff, and only after that will I "FB announce")post #355 of 6852/26/13 at 8:13pm
Suzie - Yay for hearing the heartbeat!! We are going back in a week to do the same. That is so neat about the salt packs! Fortunately I haven't been vomiting except that once, so hopefully I won't have to give it a shot. If only it worked for plain old nausea, too! I'm almost the same place you are - the nausea has been a little easier the last couple of days, not nearly as bad as it was last week. I've heard it can come back full force in weeks 10 & 11, so I'm not pretending that I'm completely out of the woods yet. Glad your headaches have improved. So far I've gotten off relatively easily in that area... though I am still very tired! And definitely VERY picky with food! That is probably the worst part of it all. I just can't wait to have a normal appetite again. But it'll all be worth it I know...
Love seeing everyone else's pictures and reading about your great appointments!post #356 of 6852/26/13 at 8:25pmVery cool pictures! We met our Midwife today. Got to hear the heart tones. Makes is real! All the kids we so excited to hear baby. I'm 11 weeks and 3 days and thought I was in the clear for feeling yucky. That is a negative! I have had some wicked headaches too. A first for me in pregnancy
Looking forward to spring. Fresh are and sunshine might help.post #357 of 6852/27/13 at 6:49amQuote:
We're going to go ahead and tell people. We're doing the screening for information purposes - unless the we found out the baby had one of the fatal chromosone problems, it wouldn't cause us to change the course of the pregnancy (just our planned delivery location). I don't think I could wait any longer to tell people anyways!! Keeping secrets is NOT a strong point of mine! My family, close friends and workplace already know, so really this is just our okay to announce it to everyone else on Facebookpost #358 of 6852/27/13 at 8:42ampost #359 of 6852/27/13 at 9:30am
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Lots to lose support thread? 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Do you fart infront of your husband???? 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Make A Sentence, New Word Game 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › 3 year old having a tough time. 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › April Chat/Vent 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool