- 686 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Utah
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 5:08 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Anyone ever used Maureen Dahl with Heritage Midwifery in MN? Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:03am in Minnesota, Wisconsin
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 8: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 11/16/12
September 2013 Due Date Club
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 19post #361 of 6422/27/13 at 10:24amSo cute ladies!post #362 of 6422/27/13 at 10:36ampost #363 of 6422/27/13 at 10:48ampost #364 of 6422/27/13 at 11:44ampost #365 of 6422/27/13 at 2:02pmpost #366 of 6422/27/13 at 3:19pm
Yay for pictures! Those are actual BABIES in there. Wow!
Sadly, I have almost a month to wait for my next appointment (midwife will be on vacation next month), and haven't even heard a heartbeat yet. I have to say, all these ultrasound pictures are really making me feel like this is more "real", so thanks to all of you who have shared!post #367 of 6422/27/13 at 4:26pmpost #368 of 6422/27/13 at 4:33pmOof. Had scan today, not long after lunch, and it took forever. Could not rouse the little monster for love or money. I tried emptying my bladder only halfway (!), jumping up and down, turning onto my side, pretending to cough, the tech joggled my stomach, but we could not get a profile of the baby for nearly 40 minutes.
This was not continuous, of course -- we tried, then took breaks for the various efforts, but still -- this little one would not shift. DH says baby has "the 'itis" (you know how you get sooo sleepy after lunch and just want a little snooze right then? That's what he means.)
So far everything's measuring spot on, the NT looks great, and I will get blood test results by Friday, probably.post #369 of 6422/27/13 at 4:42pmpost #370 of 6422/27/13 at 8:05pm
hey, they really look a lot more like people now! i was amazed by how much a better ultrasound machine makes a difference. The NT scan went well, even though i was super anxious about it. we have to wait a couple weeks for the maternit21 results, but they "passed" the nuchal ultrasound screening. HB's were 161 and 167. i will sleep well tonight.post #371 of 6422/27/13 at 8:37pmApparently y'all have far better behaved fetuses than I do! We got a roll of pics in the end, though none are as clear as these. Amanda Bee, the tech and the doc both said nuchal measurement was great right away; the genetic counselor said family history doesn't look like a huge red flag, and we just have to wait for blood test to get final numbers.
My mother says don't worry; my aunts (a set of triplets, BTW) were born when my grandmother was 43 -- and they were not her last! (My uncle D is just a couple of years older than me.)post #372 of 6422/27/13 at 10:08pm
Got the numbers including the blood part and looking good. So now we're just making time before we call my parents (time difference - and they're only together in the morning before they leave for work, or evening, so we're trying to catch them in the morning), DH's parents are easier.post #373 of 6422/28/13 at 7:20ampost #374 of 6422/28/13 at 7:48ampost #375 of 6422/28/13 at 10:16am
Woohoo mrsandmrs - great pics of the twins! Glad the appointment went so well, you must feel so relieved:) It's amazing the difference a few weeks can make!
Congrats to everyone else on their appointments as well, so reassuring to hear those little heartbeats.post #376 of 6423/1/13 at 12:17ampost #377 of 6423/1/13 at 8:25am
splath - so glad you heard that reassuring hb. it's the best sound.
thanks everyone. i stare at those ultrasound pics & just wonder what they will be like.
tilly - we have been working on the "short list" of names but i'm sorry to say if we have 2 boys, one of them might be named NoName. we can't come up with a second boy name we love that goes with our last name + sibling name. we've read 10+ baby name books from the library with no success. some i feel like one of them has to be a girl for that reason alone.post #378 of 6423/1/13 at 9:55am
My midwives just left (they do home visits). No ultrasound for another month at least (I'm 13 weeks). But everything is still good here. Baby's heartbeat was a lot easier to hear, and we heard it a lot longer. It was about 160 this time. All my lab work was good; she said my iron levels were 'amazing,' which she attributed to the nettle tea. :) Next visit will be March 29. The only thing was their EDD for me is September 5th, going by my last period, but I was charting and based on the day I ovulated the computer says September 3rd. Does that matter?post #379 of 6423/1/13 at 10:05ampost #380 of 6423/1/13 at 11:44am
KaliHekate - I'd always stick with your later EDD, especially if this is your first pregnancy. 2 days isn't really a big deal to the midwives, especially if they are LMs and not CNMs, but if for any reason your care gets transferred to the hospital or a more medical facility, they more often treat your EDD like an egg timer and want you to have the baby ASAP.
I run into this with my doula clients (in Florida too) all the time. The OBs would've been quicker to call for an NST at 40 weeks and induction has been on the table or actively pushed for many of my doula clients starting at 39 weeks. 2 days may not be a lot now, but if you run "late" it could be the difference between an induction and not.
- Appointment Results/Updates
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › When in pregnancy did your milk dry up? 5 minutes ago
- › How would you deal with this bilingual child's issue? 5 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 6 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 6 minutes ago
- › Pediatricians now ask you to sign "release of protected health... 13 minutes ago
- › When do you start feeling pregnant? 15 minutes ago
- › mama chat thread-early may 19 minutes ago
- › May Chat Thread! 19 minutes ago
- › Petrified of giving birth this time around 20 minutes ago
- › vaccination and gut flora 22 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11