Recent Images In This Thread
- topicChoosing A Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPaying Your Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- categoryPregnancy Birth Bookstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- brandRight At Home Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- productSpiritual Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
Popular Group Discussions
All done or more kids? 23 posts | Last post on November 24, 2013 at 2:19 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Midwives in Birmingham al and surrounding areas Last post on 10/22/13 at 9:10am in Midwives
- Midwife help please Last post on 10/8/13 at 7:51am in Midwives
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on 9/21/13 at 9:19am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
Last edited: 8/9/13
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?Last edited: 8/5/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Why It Was So Hard to Say Goodbye to My MidwifeLast edited: 9/5/13
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 19post #361 of 6852/27/13 at 10:24ampost #362 of 6852/27/13 at 10:36ampost #363 of 6852/27/13 at 10:48ampost #364 of 6852/27/13 at 11:44ampost #365 of 6852/27/13 at 2:02pmpost #366 of 6852/27/13 at 3:19pm
Yay for pictures! Those are actual BABIES in there. Wow!
Sadly, I have almost a month to wait for my next appointment (midwife will be on vacation next month), and haven't even heard a heartbeat yet. I have to say, all these ultrasound pictures are really making me feel like this is more "real", so thanks to all of you who have shared!post #367 of 6852/27/13 at 4:26pmpost #368 of 6852/27/13 at 4:33pmOof. Had scan today, not long after lunch, and it took forever. Could not rouse the little monster for love or money. I tried emptying my bladder only halfway (!), jumping up and down, turning onto my side, pretending to cough, the tech joggled my stomach, but we could not get a profile of the baby for nearly 40 minutes.
This was not continuous, of course -- we tried, then took breaks for the various efforts, but still -- this little one would not shift. DH says baby has "the 'itis" (you know how you get sooo sleepy after lunch and just want a little snooze right then? That's what he means.)
So far everything's measuring spot on, the NT looks great, and I will get blood test results by Friday, probably.post #369 of 6852/27/13 at 4:42pmpost #370 of 6852/27/13 at 8:05pm
hey, they really look a lot more like people now! i was amazed by how much a better ultrasound machine makes a difference. The NT scan went well, even though i was super anxious about it. we have to wait a couple weeks for the maternit21 results, but they "passed" the nuchal ultrasound screening. HB's were 161 and 167. i will sleep well tonight.post #371 of 6852/27/13 at 8:37pmApparently y'all have far better behaved fetuses than I do! We got a roll of pics in the end, though none are as clear as these. Amanda Bee, the tech and the doc both said nuchal measurement was great right away; the genetic counselor said family history doesn't look like a huge red flag, and we just have to wait for blood test to get final numbers.
My mother says don't worry; my aunts (a set of triplets, BTW) were born when my grandmother was 43 -- and they were not her last! (My uncle D is just a couple of years older than me.)post #372 of 6852/27/13 at 10:08pmpost #373 of 6852/28/13 at 7:20ampost #374 of 6852/28/13 at 7:48ampost #375 of 6852/28/13 at 10:16ampost #376 of 6853/1/13 at 12:17ampost #377 of 6853/1/13 at 8:25am
splath - so glad you heard that reassuring hb. it's the best sound.
thanks everyone. i stare at those ultrasound pics & just wonder what they will be like.
tilly - we have been working on the "short list" of names but i'm sorry to say if we have 2 boys, one of them might be named NoName. we can't come up with a second boy name we love that goes with our last name + sibling name. we've read 10+ baby name books from the library with no success. some i feel like one of them has to be a girl for that reason alone.post #378 of 6853/1/13 at 9:55am
My midwives just left (they do home visits). No ultrasound for another month at least (I'm 13 weeks). But everything is still good here. Baby's heartbeat was a lot easier to hear, and we heard it a lot longer. It was about 160 this time. All my lab work was good; she said my iron levels were 'amazing,' which she attributed to the nettle tea. :) Next visit will be March 29. The only thing was their EDD for me is September 5th, going by my last period, but I was charting and based on the day I ovulated the computer says September 3rd. Does that matter?post #379 of 6853/1/13 at 10:05ampost #380 of 6853/1/13 at 11:44am
KaliHekate - I'd always stick with your later EDD, especially if this is your first pregnancy. 2 days isn't really a big deal to the midwives, especially if they are LMs and not CNMs, but if for any reason your care gets transferred to the hospital or a more medical facility, they more often treat your EDD like an egg timer and want you to have the baby ASAP.
I run into this with my doula clients (in Florida too) all the time. The OBs would've been quicker to call for an NST at 40 weeks and induction has been on the table or actively pushed for many of my doula clients starting at 39 weeks. 2 days may not be a lot now, but if you run "late" it could be the difference between an induction and not.
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
- › Please help! Oppositional defiance disorder and homeschooling 12 seconds ago
- › Wjhat are you getting your 3 year old for christmas? 38 seconds ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes... 1 minute ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diaper Chat 2 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Toys, Games, Puzzles, and Book... 3 minutes ago
- › Keeping baby #2 safe in a house with a curious toddler 4 minutes ago
- › 5 yr old masturbating?? 4 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › christmas doll dilemma. Evi? Going to go for Bamboletta doll 5 minutes ago
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo