Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicChoosing A Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPaying Your Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- categoryPregnancy Birth Bookstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- brandRight At Home Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSpiritual Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Midwives in Birmingham al and surrounding areas Last post on 10/22/13 at 9:10am in Midwives
- Midwife help please Last post on 10/8/13 at 7:51am in Midwives
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on 9/21/13 at 9:19am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
Last edited: 8/9/13
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?Last edited: 8/5/13
- Sacred Pregnancy - The Movement: An Interview with Annie DaulterLast edited: 2/26/14
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 19post #361 of 6852/27/13 at 10:24ampost #362 of 6852/27/13 at 10:36ampost #363 of 6852/27/13 at 10:48ampost #364 of 6852/27/13 at 11:44ampost #365 of 6852/27/13 at 2:02pmpost #366 of 6852/27/13 at 3:19pm
Yay for pictures! Those are actual BABIES in there. Wow!
Sadly, I have almost a month to wait for my next appointment (midwife will be on vacation next month), and haven't even heard a heartbeat yet. I have to say, all these ultrasound pictures are really making me feel like this is more "real", so thanks to all of you who have shared!post #367 of 6852/27/13 at 4:26pmpost #368 of 6852/27/13 at 4:33pmOof. Had scan today, not long after lunch, and it took forever. Could not rouse the little monster for love or money. I tried emptying my bladder only halfway (!), jumping up and down, turning onto my side, pretending to cough, the tech joggled my stomach, but we could not get a profile of the baby for nearly 40 minutes.
This was not continuous, of course -- we tried, then took breaks for the various efforts, but still -- this little one would not shift. DH says baby has "the 'itis" (you know how you get sooo sleepy after lunch and just want a little snooze right then? That's what he means.)
So far everything's measuring spot on, the NT looks great, and I will get blood test results by Friday, probably.post #369 of 6852/27/13 at 4:42pmpost #370 of 6852/27/13 at 8:05pm
hey, they really look a lot more like people now! i was amazed by how much a better ultrasound machine makes a difference. The NT scan went well, even though i was super anxious about it. we have to wait a couple weeks for the maternit21 results, but they "passed" the nuchal ultrasound screening. HB's were 161 and 167. i will sleep well tonight.post #371 of 6852/27/13 at 8:37pmApparently y'all have far better behaved fetuses than I do! We got a roll of pics in the end, though none are as clear as these. Amanda Bee, the tech and the doc both said nuchal measurement was great right away; the genetic counselor said family history doesn't look like a huge red flag, and we just have to wait for blood test to get final numbers.
My mother says don't worry; my aunts (a set of triplets, BTW) were born when my grandmother was 43 -- and they were not her last! (My uncle D is just a couple of years older than me.)post #372 of 6852/27/13 at 10:08pmpost #373 of 6852/28/13 at 7:20ampost #374 of 6852/28/13 at 7:48ampost #375 of 6852/28/13 at 10:16ampost #376 of 6853/1/13 at 12:17ampost #377 of 6853/1/13 at 8:25am
splath - so glad you heard that reassuring hb. it's the best sound.
thanks everyone. i stare at those ultrasound pics & just wonder what they will be like.
tilly - we have been working on the "short list" of names but i'm sorry to say if we have 2 boys, one of them might be named NoName. we can't come up with a second boy name we love that goes with our last name + sibling name. we've read 10+ baby name books from the library with no success. some i feel like one of them has to be a girl for that reason alone.post #378 of 6853/1/13 at 9:55am
My midwives just left (they do home visits). No ultrasound for another month at least (I'm 13 weeks). But everything is still good here. Baby's heartbeat was a lot easier to hear, and we heard it a lot longer. It was about 160 this time. All my lab work was good; she said my iron levels were 'amazing,' which she attributed to the nettle tea. :) Next visit will be March 29. The only thing was their EDD for me is September 5th, going by my last period, but I was charting and based on the day I ovulated the computer says September 3rd. Does that matter?post #379 of 6853/1/13 at 10:05ampost #380 of 6853/1/13 at 11:44am
KaliHekate - I'd always stick with your later EDD, especially if this is your first pregnancy. 2 days isn't really a big deal to the midwives, especially if they are LMs and not CNMs, but if for any reason your care gets transferred to the hospital or a more medical facility, they more often treat your EDD like an egg timer and want you to have the baby ASAP.
I run into this with my doula clients (in Florida too) all the time. The OBs would've been quicker to call for an NST at 40 weeks and induction has been on the table or actively pushed for many of my doula clients starting at 39 weeks. 2 days may not be a lot now, but if you run "late" it could be the difference between an induction and not.
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
- › Hereditary Spherocytosis and Vaccination 29 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › considering Catholicism but family planning confusion - thoughts? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Question about unschooling and chores 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Need Answers. 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › H1N1 During Pregnancy 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions March 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Surviving a Strong Willed, Clingy Child 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher
- › The Myth of "Pretty" Birth by Sarah Clark
- › Getting Bigger by Melanie Mayo