I had my 12 week appointment on Monday and got to hear baby's heartbeat! Love that sound! It was a tad anxiety causing at first because my midwife was checking down low where babies apparently usually are at 12 weeks and couldn't find anything after moving the doppler around down there for 5 minutes or so. Finally she felt for my fundus and was like "Oh, you are measuring like 14 or 16 weeks". She tried again up higher and found the little stinker right away. Not sure why I am measuring large. I've always measured right on or a little small in my previous pregnancies, and I'm pretty positive of my dates. She actually did check a bit to make sure we couldn't hear a second heartbeat in there. She didn't seem overly concerned, and said we'd just see how I was measuring next time. Anybody else measuring big?
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicChoosing A Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPaying Your Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- categoryPregnancy Birth Bookstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- brandRight At Home Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSpiritual Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Midwives in Birmingham al and surrounding areas Last post on 10/22/13 at 9:10am in Midwives
- Midwife help please Last post on 10/8/13 at 7:51am in Midwives
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on 9/21/13 at 9:19am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
Last edited: 8/9/13
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?Last edited: 8/5/13
- Sacred Pregnancy - The Movement: An Interview with Annie DaulterLast edited: 2/26/14
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 22post #421 of 6853/14/13 at 3:27pmpost #422 of 6853/15/13 at 12:22pmSo glad your appt went well kmarie!
I had my 15 week check up today. Everything looks great. We have to do monthly ultrasounds during my second trimester to monitor my cervix closely for any shortening. It looked nice and long today which is great. And, my doc was able to make a good guess on the sex of our baby. I am so stunned. Looks like this baby is a girl!! It's a little early still, but he got a great pic and there are a definite 3 lines there. Ah!post #423 of 6853/15/13 at 12:22pmSo glad your appt went well kmarie!
I had my 15 week check up today. Everything looks great. We have to do monthly ultrasounds during my second trimester to monitor my cervix closely for any shortening. It looked nice and long today which is great. And, my doc was able to make a good guess on the sex of our baby. I am so stunned. Looks like this baby is a girl!! It's a little early still, but he got a great pic and there are a definite 3 lines there. Ah!post #424 of 6853/19/13 at 10:51am
i had my NT this morning.
no results given from tech (she said she was not allowed to give me any info).
i was told it would take 3-4 days for results from my dr..
it was amazing seeing baby bean :) my 11 year old came in with me at the end to see the "baby" & he was astonished!
it was so much fun watching my DS watch the baby (he is getting sooo exited!!!!)
measurement states13 weeks 1 day (my estimate was 12 weeks 5 days) *** i'm cool with being 13 weeks :)
bean's heart beat was 155.post #425 of 6853/19/13 at 11:01ampost #426 of 6853/19/13 at 11:33ampost #427 of 6853/19/13 at 11:55pmpost #428 of 6853/20/13 at 5:09pm
I also had my NT scan this week. (Hello other late Sept. mom) It was my first ultrasound and it's such a relief to know there's a heartbeat. I have the associated 12 week midwife appointment tomorrow, but I'm no longer particularly concerned about it. Despite all the symptoms, I think I'm starting to believe that I'm pregnant.post #429 of 6853/20/13 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by greentomato
I also had my NT scan this week. (Hello other late Sept. mom) It was my first ultrasound and it's such a relief to know there's a heartbeat. I have the associated 12 week midwife appointment tomorrow, but I'm no longer particularly concerned about it. Despite all the symptoms, I think I'm starting to believe that I'm pregnant.
welcome aboard greentomato!
i feel the exact same way...it was such a HUGE relief to see the little beating heart and baby dancing in utero!
(not quite a dancing bean but a dancing banana!)post #430 of 6853/20/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
I know! There's a heart! And a brain! (Ha, add some courage and it's like the Wizard of Oz.) I skipped a week 8/dating scan, and as someone due at the end of the month, it's been pretty cool (lurking and) watching people get results over the last few weeks. But it's totally awesome to see it for myself.post #431 of 6853/20/13 at 7:26pmpost #432 of 6853/20/13 at 9:31pm
Wanted to share a couple pics from our NT scan this week, I'm 12 weeks and some change now. We're lucky to live close to a place that does in-depth first tri screenings with the best equipment available, so we got a 3D and a nice long visit with our babe! All looks healthy, all organs working, blood flow is great, everything in the right place. :) The tech and doctor both said independently that they are very sure it's a girl. I guess there's always room for error, but this particular doc has been doing the first tri scans longer than most in the country, it is his specialty, (that and I kind of really want it to be a girl now hehe), so I'm going with it!! She was bouncing all around, kicking and moving her little limbs. They gave us a DVD and I can't stop watching it!post #433 of 6853/21/13 at 2:21ampost #434 of 6853/21/13 at 8:23am
sarah your scans are incredible!!!! is the first one 3D? ***congrats on a girl!
i am so envious that the techs/dr. shared information with you right away.
mine informed me before the NT even started that she could not share
any information with me except point out body parts &give me the heart beat rate.
i am still waiting for my dr. to call me back.post #435 of 6853/21/13 at 9:49ampost #436 of 6853/21/13 at 11:08ampost #437 of 6853/21/13 at 11:28am
Thanks all! I was not expecting such clear pictures or as much info as we received. I was VERY pleasantly surprised! I didn't know how much I wanted a girl til they said "girl." I am sure if it were a boy I would have had the same reaction. I guess it's just exciting to know what's (probably) in there! :)
It is! I didn't think I'd get a 3D until much later on, and I wasn't even sure if I wanted one if it was going to be something "extra" - but I guess they do that for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd tri ultrasounds. Hope your doctors give you more info soon, that is so frustrating!post #438 of 6853/21/13 at 12:03pmpost #439 of 6853/21/13 at 1:43pmpost #440 of 6853/21/13 at 2:45pm
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
- › Cycle seems whacked. 2 minutes ago
- › Goodbye for me. 11 minutes ago
- › Crafting for Baby 13 minutes ago
- › Name Thread? 15 minutes ago
- › Choosing a place to live. 19 minutes ago
- › Anyone else feeling sick? 22 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 23 minutes ago
- › ~* November 2014 Roll Call *~ 25 minutes ago
- › help me design my curriculum for next year! (5 year old doing... 26 minutes ago
- › March Chat/Vent 28 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild