I had my 12 week appointment on Monday and got to hear baby's heartbeat! Love that sound! It was a tad anxiety causing at first because my midwife was checking down low where babies apparently usually are at 12 weeks and couldn't find anything after moving the doppler around down there for 5 minutes or so. Finally she felt for my fundus and was like "Oh, you are measuring like 14 or 16 weeks". She tried again up higher and found the little stinker right away. Not sure why I am measuring large. I've always measured right on or a little small in my previous pregnancies, and I'm pretty positive of my dates. She actually did check a bit to make sure we couldn't hear a second heartbeat in there. She didn't seem overly concerned, and said we'd just see how I was measuring next time. Anybody else measuring big?
Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
Weekly Chat --May 20-26 20 posts | Last post on Today at 5:45 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 7:16 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Anyone ever used Maureen Dahl with Heritage Midwifery in MN? Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:03am in Minnesota, Wisconsin
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 8: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 11/16/12
September 2013 Due Date Club
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 22post #421 of 6463/14/13 at 3:27pmpost #422 of 6463/15/13 at 12:22pmSo glad your appt went well kmarie!
I had my 15 week check up today. Everything looks great. We have to do monthly ultrasounds during my second trimester to monitor my cervix closely for any shortening. It looked nice and long today which is great. And, my doc was able to make a good guess on the sex of our baby. I am so stunned. Looks like this baby is a girl!! It's a little early still, but he got a great pic and there are a definite 3 lines there. Ah!post #423 of 6463/15/13 at 12:22pmSo glad your appt went well kmarie!
I had my 15 week check up today. Everything looks great. We have to do monthly ultrasounds during my second trimester to monitor my cervix closely for any shortening. It looked nice and long today which is great. And, my doc was able to make a good guess on the sex of our baby. I am so stunned. Looks like this baby is a girl!! It's a little early still, but he got a great pic and there are a definite 3 lines there. Ah!post #424 of 6463/19/13 at 10:51am
i had my NT this morning.
no results given from tech (she said she was not allowed to give me any info).
i was told it would take 3-4 days for results from my dr..
it was amazing seeing baby bean :) my 11 year old came in with me at the end to see the "baby" & he was astonished!
it was so much fun watching my DS watch the baby (he is getting sooo exited!!!!)
measurement states13 weeks 1 day (my estimate was 12 weeks 5 days) *** i'm cool with being 13 weeks :)
bean's heart beat was 155.post #425 of 6463/19/13 at 11:01ampost #426 of 6463/19/13 at 11:33ampost #427 of 6463/19/13 at 11:55pmpost #428 of 6463/20/13 at 5:09pm
I also had my NT scan this week. (Hello other late Sept. mom) It was my first ultrasound and it's such a relief to know there's a heartbeat. I have the associated 12 week midwife appointment tomorrow, but I'm no longer particularly concerned about it. Despite all the symptoms, I think I'm starting to believe that I'm pregnant.post #429 of 6463/20/13 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by greentomato
I also had my NT scan this week. (Hello other late Sept. mom) It was my first ultrasound and it's such a relief to know there's a heartbeat. I have the associated 12 week midwife appointment tomorrow, but I'm no longer particularly concerned about it. Despite all the symptoms, I think I'm starting to believe that I'm pregnant.
welcome aboard greentomato!
i feel the exact same way...it was such a HUGE relief to see the little beating heart and baby dancing in utero!
(not quite a dancing bean but a dancing banana!)post #430 of 6463/20/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
I know! There's a heart! And a brain! (Ha, add some courage and it's like the Wizard of Oz.) I skipped a week 8/dating scan, and as someone due at the end of the month, it's been pretty cool (lurking and) watching people get results over the last few weeks. But it's totally awesome to see it for myself.post #431 of 6463/20/13 at 7:26pmHaha greentomato speaking of having a brain that's actually exactly what I said at my ultrasound last week. He showed us her head and we were able to see the brain hemispheres and I said "ooh look she DOES have a brain!"post #432 of 6463/20/13 at 9:31pm
Wanted to share a couple pics from our NT scan this week, I'm 12 weeks and some change now. We're lucky to live close to a place that does in-depth first tri screenings with the best equipment available, so we got a 3D and a nice long visit with our babe! All looks healthy, all organs working, blood flow is great, everything in the right place. :) The tech and doctor both said independently that they are very sure it's a girl. I guess there's always room for error, but this particular doc has been doing the first tri scans longer than most in the country, it is his specialty, (that and I kind of really want it to be a girl now hehe), so I'm going with it!! She was bouncing all around, kicking and moving her little limbs. They gave us a DVD and I can't stop watching it!post #433 of 6463/21/13 at 2:21ampost #434 of 6463/21/13 at 8:23am
sarah your scans are incredible!!!! is the first one 3D? ***congrats on a girl!
i am so envious that the techs/dr. shared information with you right away.
mine informed me before the NT even started that she could not share
any information with me except point out body parts &give me the heart beat rate.
i am still waiting for my dr. to call me back.post #435 of 6463/21/13 at 9:49ampost #436 of 6463/21/13 at 11:08am
These pictures and gender determinations are very exciting!
I will FINALLY have my second appointment on Monday, and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat! This waiting has been very, very long.post #437 of 6463/21/13 at 11:28am
Thanks all! I was not expecting such clear pictures or as much info as we received. I was VERY pleasantly surprised! I didn't know how much I wanted a girl til they said "girl." I am sure if it were a boy I would have had the same reaction. I guess it's just exciting to know what's (probably) in there! :)
It is! I didn't think I'd get a 3D until much later on, and I wasn't even sure if I wanted one if it was going to be something "extra" - but I guess they do that for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd tri ultrasounds. Hope your doctors give you more info soon, that is so frustrating!post #438 of 6463/21/13 at 12:03pmpost #439 of 6463/21/13 at 1:43pmpost #440 of 6463/21/13 at 2:45pm
- Appointment Results/Updates
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › HBAC near Jonesboro 2 minutes ago
- › Vaccine Injury Anecdotes are No Joke 3 minutes ago
- › Midwives- Charting Forms... 4 minutes ago
- › "I'm in labor!" thread - May 2013 DDC 6 minutes ago
- › Will trade my organic green ebooks and handmade earrings for... 6 minutes ago
- › Home Birth Midwife in Lansing, MI 8 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 8 minutes ago
- › Moms of Multiples in Idaho (Treasure Valley) 9 minutes ago
- › not vaccinating in huntsvile AL. lost. 10 minutes ago
- › Santa Fe/Espanola midwife recommendations or Los Alamos OB feedback 12 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf