I had my 12 week appointment on Monday and got to hear baby's heartbeat! Love that sound! It was a tad anxiety causing at first because my midwife was checking down low where babies apparently usually are at 12 weeks and couldn't find anything after moving the doppler around down there for 5 minutes or so. Finally she felt for my fundus and was like "Oh, you are measuring like 14 or 16 weeks". She tried again up higher and found the little stinker right away. Not sure why I am measuring large. I've always measured right on or a little small in my previous pregnancies, and I'm pretty positive of my dates. She actually did check a bit to make sure we couldn't hear a second heartbeat in there. She didn't seem overly concerned, and said we'd just see how I was measuring next time. Anybody else measuring big?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on 6/12/13 at 1:20am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- Anyone ever used Maureen Dahl with Heritage Midwifery in MN? Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:03am in Minnesota, Wisconsin
New Study Shows Midwife-Led Birth Centers Improve Outcomes
Edited on 2/8/13
- Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
September 2013 Due Date Club
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 22post #421 of 6853/14/13 at 3:27pmSponsored Linkspost #422 of 6853/15/13 at 12:22pmSo glad your appt went well kmarie!
I had my 15 week check up today. Everything looks great. We have to do monthly ultrasounds during my second trimester to monitor my cervix closely for any shortening. It looked nice and long today which is great. And, my doc was able to make a good guess on the sex of our baby. I am so stunned. Looks like this baby is a girl!! It's a little early still, but he got a great pic and there are a definite 3 lines there. Ah!post #423 of 6853/15/13 at 12:22pmSo glad your appt went well kmarie!
I had my 15 week check up today. Everything looks great. We have to do monthly ultrasounds during my second trimester to monitor my cervix closely for any shortening. It looked nice and long today which is great. And, my doc was able to make a good guess on the sex of our baby. I am so stunned. Looks like this baby is a girl!! It's a little early still, but he got a great pic and there are a definite 3 lines there. Ah!post #424 of 6853/19/13 at 10:51am
i had my NT this morning.
no results given from tech (she said she was not allowed to give me any info).
i was told it would take 3-4 days for results from my dr..
it was amazing seeing baby bean :) my 11 year old came in with me at the end to see the "baby" & he was astonished!
it was so much fun watching my DS watch the baby (he is getting sooo exited!!!!)
measurement states13 weeks 1 day (my estimate was 12 weeks 5 days) *** i'm cool with being 13 weeks :)
bean's heart beat was 155.post #425 of 6853/19/13 at 11:01ampost #426 of 6853/19/13 at 11:33ampost #427 of 6853/19/13 at 11:55pmpost #428 of 6853/20/13 at 5:09pm
I also had my NT scan this week. (Hello other late Sept. mom) It was my first ultrasound and it's such a relief to know there's a heartbeat. I have the associated 12 week midwife appointment tomorrow, but I'm no longer particularly concerned about it. Despite all the symptoms, I think I'm starting to believe that I'm pregnant.post #429 of 6853/20/13 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by greentomato
I also had my NT scan this week. (Hello other late Sept. mom) It was my first ultrasound and it's such a relief to know there's a heartbeat. I have the associated 12 week midwife appointment tomorrow, but I'm no longer particularly concerned about it. Despite all the symptoms, I think I'm starting to believe that I'm pregnant.
welcome aboard greentomato!
i feel the exact same way...it was such a HUGE relief to see the little beating heart and baby dancing in utero!
(not quite a dancing bean but a dancing banana!)post #430 of 6853/20/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
I know! There's a heart! And a brain! (Ha, add some courage and it's like the Wizard of Oz.) I skipped a week 8/dating scan, and as someone due at the end of the month, it's been pretty cool (lurking and) watching people get results over the last few weeks. But it's totally awesome to see it for myself.post #431 of 6853/20/13 at 7:26pmHaha greentomato speaking of having a brain that's actually exactly what I said at my ultrasound last week. He showed us her head and we were able to see the brain hemispheres and I said "ooh look she DOES have a brain!"post #432 of 6853/20/13 at 9:31pm
Wanted to share a couple pics from our NT scan this week, I'm 12 weeks and some change now. We're lucky to live close to a place that does in-depth first tri screenings with the best equipment available, so we got a 3D and a nice long visit with our babe! All looks healthy, all organs working, blood flow is great, everything in the right place. :) The tech and doctor both said independently that they are very sure it's a girl. I guess there's always room for error, but this particular doc has been doing the first tri scans longer than most in the country, it is his specialty, (that and I kind of really want it to be a girl now hehe), so I'm going with it!! She was bouncing all around, kicking and moving her little limbs. They gave us a DVD and I can't stop watching it!post #433 of 6853/21/13 at 2:21ampost #434 of 6853/21/13 at 8:23am
sarah your scans are incredible!!!! is the first one 3D? ***congrats on a girl!
i am so envious that the techs/dr. shared information with you right away.
mine informed me before the NT even started that she could not share
any information with me except point out body parts &give me the heart beat rate.
i am still waiting for my dr. to call me back.post #435 of 6853/21/13 at 9:49ampost #436 of 6853/21/13 at 11:08am
These pictures and gender determinations are very exciting!
I will FINALLY have my second appointment on Monday, and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat! This waiting has been very, very long.post #437 of 6853/21/13 at 11:28am
Thanks all! I was not expecting such clear pictures or as much info as we received. I was VERY pleasantly surprised! I didn't know how much I wanted a girl til they said "girl." I am sure if it were a boy I would have had the same reaction. I guess it's just exciting to know what's (probably) in there! :)
It is! I didn't think I'd get a 3D until much later on, and I wasn't even sure if I wanted one if it was going to be something "extra" - but I guess they do that for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd tri ultrasounds. Hope your doctors give you more info soon, that is so frustrating!post #438 of 6853/21/13 at 12:03pmpost #439 of 6853/21/13 at 1:43pmpost #440 of 6853/21/13 at 2:45pm
- Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › Dingoes running into the summer sunshine -- June! 1 minute ago
- › vaccines are great 1 minute ago
- › 15 week old not a day time sleeper! 3 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 3 minutes ago
- › Thumbs Up and Reputation: What's it all about? 4 minutes ago
- › Cancer Freak Out 6 minutes ago
- › Need advice about my son becoming an Architect 7 minutes ago
- › February 2014, anyone? 7 minutes ago
- › Ways for dads to bond with babies? 7 minutes ago
- › Preteen and Teen Unschoolers link 9 minutes ago
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama