Congrats haurelia and tilly for great ultrsounds!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicChoosing A Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPaying Your Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- categoryPregnancy Birth Bookstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- brandRight At Home Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- productSpiritual Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
Popular Group Discussions
All done or more kids? 23 posts | Last post on November 24, 2013 at 2:19 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Midwives in Birmingham al and surrounding areas Last post on 10/22/13 at 9:10am in Midwives
- Midwife help please Last post on 10/8/13 at 7:51am in Midwives
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on 9/21/13 at 9:19am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
Last edited: 8/9/13
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?Last edited: 8/5/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Why It Was So Hard to Say Goodbye to My MidwifeLast edited: 9/5/13
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 31post #601 of 6855/4/13 at 6:31pmpost #602 of 6855/6/13 at 4:39pm
i feel bad for those of you that have gotten challenging news, that's got to be disappointing - and i'm happy for those of you who are getting all thumb's up - there is such a wide range of possibilities, isn't there? i didn't even know about the all the challenges that can come up in pregnancy but as i learn them from all of your experiences, i find it even more miraculous that it so often happens without any significant concerns.
i don't plan on getting any other scans or doing anything else with the hospital ob dept and will focus the rest of my care with my homebirth midwife. i find that each time i go to the hospital midwife, i feel more worried about things and less confident and that's definitely not the energy i want in my pregnancy.post #603 of 6855/10/13 at 9:33amWell I had my appt today and it was not the normal no stress everything is great appt I am used to. I'm being monitored for cervical changes. He measured it via ultrasound today and said it looks ok, but he wants to see me every 2 weeks now to keep a closer eye on it. And also said to limit sex since semen, climax, and breast stimulation can cause contractions. He also mentioned that the ultrasound tech noted she thought one of the baby's kidneys was a little dilated. He looked at it today and said the kidney looked fine though. Anyone know what that could mean? I'm forcing myself not to google it..post #604 of 6855/10/13 at 12:35pmHydronephrosis. Fluid in the kidneys. It's caused by the ureter being a little constricted right where it meets the kidneys, so the fluid can't flow freely.
My son was born with both kidneys like that. They monitor it with quarterly or yearly ultrasounds (his was pretty severe) and it's fixing itself. The Perinatologist told us 99% of the time, it does fix itself.
Also really common in little boys for some reason.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Edited by CDsMom1031 - 5/10/13 at 12:46pmpost #605 of 6855/10/13 at 12:46pmpost #606 of 6855/10/13 at 1:03pmpost #607 of 6855/10/13 at 1:28pmpost #608 of 6855/13/13 at 7:59pmpost #609 of 6855/13/13 at 8:46pmpost #610 of 6855/13/13 at 9:58pmpost #611 of 6855/13/13 at 11:37pmpost #612 of 6855/14/13 at 12:39am
Almost 24 wks and have an ultrasound tomorrow(the 14th). Hopefully we will be able to see if its just a cleft lip or if the palate is cleft too. I want to be able to stop seeing this OB so I can just see my homebirth midwife. I was seeing a super cool OB and my midwife but the OB referred me to a highrisk OB because he had more Hyperemesis experience,.... and I HATE him.
Hoping its just the cleft lip so I can nurse! =D
post #613 of 6855/14/13 at 6:45ampost #614 of 6855/14/13 at 7:28ampost #615 of 6855/14/13 at 7:39amSo glad to hear everything is good with your little boy jenny!
You are so positive madamexcupcake! I truly hope it is just a cleft lip so you can still nurse. But I can tell you're the kind who can roll with the punches and either way you'll do what is best for your baby. Good luck! And update us when you canpost #616 of 6855/14/13 at 11:44am
Glad to hear about so many positive appointments!
MamaMash - Good luck with your cervix (that sounds so weird! LOL), and I'm sure the baby's kidney will be just fine. probably a one-time fluke.
Madamexcupcake - I will hope for just a cleft lip for your baby and you. That still sounds challenging to nurse with, but it sounds like you're up to the task!post #617 of 6855/14/13 at 11:47am
I forgot to update after my appointment last week, but there wasn't a lot to report. The results of the ultrasound were great: everything is looking fine, healthy, and the right size. There was a bit of concern about the location of my placenta, very near the cervix, but the tech was able to see that it doesn't obstruct it, so it should be fine.
Other than that, the midwives always ask if I have any questions, to which I repsond "Um.... not really!" Hee! I guess the third time's a charm.post #618 of 6855/14/13 at 11:50ampost #619 of 6855/14/13 at 8:52pm
Bromache glad everything was good on your ultrasound, and hoping all is well with your placenta even though its placement is a little weird. The ultrasound tech today said I had an ugly placenta but that she has seen uglier. LOL
Ultrasound update - Today they weren't sure about a cleft lip! There is still a line on the lip but it is much smaller now, maybe baby is just filling out. The tech and doctor said they think it will be very minor or possibly not at all. The tech was also able to see the hard palate very well and said it didn't look affected, but we couldn't see the soft palate. Everything else looked really good! Baby was really active yawning and even licked the placenta a couple times, Haha, it was adorable! =D
EDIT to add.
Even though the ultrasound and midwife appointment after went well, today was pretty rough. I'm still upset about things but getting over it. I'm not sure what it is about babies/pregnancy that make people so outspoken, opinionated, and,... nuts? But DP's family has lost it!! I tried saying it was my issues(privacy, etc) not the way they act for why I didn't want them at the birth but I guess for the last couple of days they have been getting more and more upset about this and just went overboard today. DP's grandmother flipped out and then had her son call and threaten violence on ME and DP if we didn't allow them at the birth. The whole thing escalated and was just out of control even though DP and I tried to remain peaceful and calm. We finally stopped answering the phone and DP's uncle left an angry violent voicemail. I dont understand how DP's family can bash and say horrible things about homebirth and midwifery and expect us to want them at the birth!!! x_x DP is totally on board with them not being there, but its really horrible how my pregnancy affected all of them. I dont think I have ever met more controlling passive aggressive folks.
Edited by MadameXCupcake - 5/14/13 at 9:59pmpost #620 of 6855/14/13 at 9:39pm
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
- › Prenatals making me constipated? 18 seconds ago
- › Toys and games 1 minute ago
- › Christmas gift ideas for ourselves? 4 minutes ago
- › Stocking Stuffers! 5 minutes ago
- › Sippy Cup help 7 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 15 minutes ago
- › Looking for info 15 minutes ago
- › What were you fed? 18 minutes ago
- › Roll Call and Due Date Thread 22 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 23 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo