Congrats haurelia and tilly for great ultrsounds!
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topicChoosing A Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPaying Your Midwifetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- categoryPregnancy Birth Bookstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Questionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- brandRight At Home Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productSpiritual Midwiferytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Midwives in Birmingham al and surrounding areas Last post on 10/22/13 at 9:10am in Midwives
- Midwife help please Last post on 10/8/13 at 7:51am in Midwives
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
- How are you feeling? Last post on 9/21/13 at 9:19am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
Last edited: 8/9/13
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?Last edited: 8/5/13
- Sacred Pregnancy - The Movement: An Interview with Annie DaulterLast edited: 2/26/14
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
Appointment Results/Updates - Page 31post #601 of 6855/4/13 at 6:31pmpost #602 of 6855/6/13 at 4:39pm
i feel bad for those of you that have gotten challenging news, that's got to be disappointing - and i'm happy for those of you who are getting all thumb's up - there is such a wide range of possibilities, isn't there? i didn't even know about the all the challenges that can come up in pregnancy but as i learn them from all of your experiences, i find it even more miraculous that it so often happens without any significant concerns.
i don't plan on getting any other scans or doing anything else with the hospital ob dept and will focus the rest of my care with my homebirth midwife. i find that each time i go to the hospital midwife, i feel more worried about things and less confident and that's definitely not the energy i want in my pregnancy.post #603 of 6855/10/13 at 9:33amWell I had my appt today and it was not the normal no stress everything is great appt I am used to. I'm being monitored for cervical changes. He measured it via ultrasound today and said it looks ok, but he wants to see me every 2 weeks now to keep a closer eye on it. And also said to limit sex since semen, climax, and breast stimulation can cause contractions. He also mentioned that the ultrasound tech noted she thought one of the baby's kidneys was a little dilated. He looked at it today and said the kidney looked fine though. Anyone know what that could mean? I'm forcing myself not to google it..post #604 of 6855/10/13 at 12:35pmHydronephrosis. Fluid in the kidneys. It's caused by the ureter being a little constricted right where it meets the kidneys, so the fluid can't flow freely.
My son was born with both kidneys like that. They monitor it with quarterly or yearly ultrasounds (his was pretty severe) and it's fixing itself. The Perinatologist told us 99% of the time, it does fix itself.
Also really common in little boys for some reason.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Edited by CDsMom1031 - 5/10/13 at 12:46pmpost #605 of 6855/10/13 at 12:46pmpost #606 of 6855/10/13 at 1:03pmpost #607 of 6855/10/13 at 1:28pmpost #608 of 6855/13/13 at 7:59pmpost #609 of 6855/13/13 at 8:46pmpost #610 of 6855/13/13 at 9:58pmpost #611 of 6855/13/13 at 11:37pmpost #612 of 6855/14/13 at 12:39am
Almost 24 wks and have an ultrasound tomorrow(the 14th). Hopefully we will be able to see if its just a cleft lip or if the palate is cleft too. I want to be able to stop seeing this OB so I can just see my homebirth midwife. I was seeing a super cool OB and my midwife but the OB referred me to a highrisk OB because he had more Hyperemesis experience,.... and I HATE him.
Hoping its just the cleft lip so I can nurse! =D
post #613 of 6855/14/13 at 6:45ampost #614 of 6855/14/13 at 7:28ampost #615 of 6855/14/13 at 7:39amSo glad to hear everything is good with your little boy jenny!
You are so positive madamexcupcake! I truly hope it is just a cleft lip so you can still nurse. But I can tell you're the kind who can roll with the punches and either way you'll do what is best for your baby. Good luck! And update us when you canpost #616 of 6855/14/13 at 11:44am
Glad to hear about so many positive appointments!
MamaMash - Good luck with your cervix (that sounds so weird! LOL), and I'm sure the baby's kidney will be just fine. probably a one-time fluke.
Madamexcupcake - I will hope for just a cleft lip for your baby and you. That still sounds challenging to nurse with, but it sounds like you're up to the task!post #617 of 6855/14/13 at 11:47am
I forgot to update after my appointment last week, but there wasn't a lot to report. The results of the ultrasound were great: everything is looking fine, healthy, and the right size. There was a bit of concern about the location of my placenta, very near the cervix, but the tech was able to see that it doesn't obstruct it, so it should be fine.
Other than that, the midwives always ask if I have any questions, to which I repsond "Um.... not really!" Hee! I guess the third time's a charm.post #618 of 6855/14/13 at 11:50ampost #619 of 6855/14/13 at 8:52pm
Bromache glad everything was good on your ultrasound, and hoping all is well with your placenta even though its placement is a little weird. The ultrasound tech today said I had an ugly placenta but that she has seen uglier. LOL
Ultrasound update - Today they weren't sure about a cleft lip! There is still a line on the lip but it is much smaller now, maybe baby is just filling out. The tech and doctor said they think it will be very minor or possibly not at all. The tech was also able to see the hard palate very well and said it didn't look affected, but we couldn't see the soft palate. Everything else looked really good! Baby was really active yawning and even licked the placenta a couple times, Haha, it was adorable! =D
EDIT to add.
Even though the ultrasound and midwife appointment after went well, today was pretty rough. I'm still upset about things but getting over it. I'm not sure what it is about babies/pregnancy that make people so outspoken, opinionated, and,... nuts? But DP's family has lost it!! I tried saying it was my issues(privacy, etc) not the way they act for why I didn't want them at the birth but I guess for the last couple of days they have been getting more and more upset about this and just went overboard today. DP's grandmother flipped out and then had her son call and threaten violence on ME and DP if we didn't allow them at the birth. The whole thing escalated and was just out of control even though DP and I tried to remain peaceful and calm. We finally stopped answering the phone and DP's uncle left an angry violent voicemail. I dont understand how DP's family can bash and say horrible things about homebirth and midwifery and expect us to want them at the birth!!! x_x DP is totally on board with them not being there, but its really horrible how my pregnancy affected all of them. I dont think I have ever met more controlling passive aggressive folks.
Edited by MadameXCupcake - 5/14/13 at 9:59pmpost #620 of 6855/14/13 at 9:39pm
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
- › Debate This Quote 50 seconds ago
- › Vaccines Are Not Money Makers 17 minutes ago
- › Crockpot meals on the cheap? 27 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diapering 31 minutes ago
- › What pads are best for young girls? 54 minutes ago
- › Does anyone still hang out here? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Prepping for the 2014 Treasure Map thread 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Do you plan meals? Please tell me how! 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild