If someone is throwing you a baby shower, are you planning on giving them a hostess gift? One of my girlfriends has offered to throw one for us and I'd like to do something nice to say thank you. Any ideas?
For those having a baby shower - Hostess Gift?
I don't think you "have" to do/give anything, I just want to. This is baby #4 so I wasn't expecting anyone to do anything but she offered (insisted, actually lol) and made the cutest invitations and stuff and I know she's going to a lot of trouble to make it special. So, I want to do something nice for her to tell her how much I appreciate it.
I'm torn between making a gift basket with bath goodies - homemade salt scrub, a bath pillow, loofa, candle,etc or possibly a necklace (from etsy) with her kids names on it or something like that. I also thought maybe a "movie date night" basket would be good - like a gc for redbox, popcorn,candy, wine, etc.
Hmmm... what to do, what to do!
Those are great gift ideas... You could even do something like a nice baking dish with pretty wooden utensils, a cook book, and some dish towels.
I'm almost positive that I will have a baby shower, but I'm pretty sure that it will be my mom and aunt throwing it and it will all be a secret and they will surprise me with it. No one has said anything to me about one, so I don't know who I would be getting a gift for... or when to bring it!
It's a really cute idea, though!
I think I decided to do a bath/getaway basket. So far I have:
- A hard back copy of "The Time Travelers Wife" that I got at Half Priced Books for $5.99 (the retail value was $25!) and it's in perfect condition - she is just getting into reading for the first time in her life and I know she enjoyed the movie, and *I* loved the book, so I think she'll like it.
- A book mark with owls on it (the theme of the shower)
- A super fancy bar of specialty soap
- An assortment of chocolate bars
I'm also going to pick up:
- A good scrubby or loofa
- Salt Scrub (that I will make)
- Candle holder
Also thinking on including:
- Bath pillow
- "Turbie towel" or something similar