- 3,446 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Portland, Or
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
June 2013 Chit Chat 225 posts | Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Belly shots Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in August Due Date Club 2013
- Roster September 2013 Last post on 6/6/13 at 10:32pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- 3rd trimester symptoms Last post on 1/19/13 at 1:07pm in February 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the June 2013 DDC! Last post on 6/7/13 at 10:53am in June 2013 Due Date Club
- Anybody here planning a homebirth? Last post on 5/28/13 at 6:48am in May 2013 Due Date Club
Join a Due Date Club!
Edited on 6/6/13
- Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a Guide to Four Great...Edited on 6/17/13
- Taking Care of Yourself After Baby: There is No Such Thing as NormalEdited on 6/5/13
- Single Motherhood by Choice: Going it SoloEdited on 5/29/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateEdited on 2/1/13
January 2013 Chit Chat - Page 14post #261 of 5241/20/13 at 8:39amIt's all my fault! Heh. I'm sure she will be fine, it's probably better than cheap commercial pet food which many of our babies have eaten.Sponsored Linkspost #262 of 5241/20/13 at 11:49amAny ideas on immune boosters I can give Jasper? He had had a cold of some kind ever since starting daycare. Everyone I've talked to says that's normal when kids start daycare, but I still feel bad for him. Obviously, diet is important, but what else can I do? Are there even vitamins for 14 month olds?? What about echinacea for a while? A vitamin C supplement? Flax oil? Probiotics? I know these all have benefits, just not sure about immune benefits and his age.
He gets lots of garlic, greens, fruits, and veggies in his diet.post #263 of 5241/20/13 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by TalkToMeNow
Any ideas on immune boosters I can give Jasper? He had had a cold of some kind ever since starting daycare. Everyone I've talked to says that's normal when kids start daycare, but I still feel bad for him. Obviously, diet is important, but what else can I do? Are there even vitamins for 14 month olds?? What about echinacea for a while? A vitamin C supplement? Flax oil? Probiotics? I know these all have benefits, just not sure about immune benefits and his age.
He gets lots of garlic, greens, fruits, and veggies in his diet.Quote:
We are going to pick up a little French Bulldog we rescued next weekend. I have ordered Darwin's raw dog food for her. I was planning on feeding her in the mudroom, which is currently gated off. Abra and Joanie, do you do anything special with your pets after they eat raw food and before they start playing with the kids? I used to feed my English Bulldog raw food, but that was before I had kids, so I didn't do anything like wipe her mouth or clean her face. Any tips on safety and hygiene?post #264 of 5241/20/13 at 1:47pmpost #265 of 5241/20/13 at 6:13pm
I just started feeding my cats raw food, and I didn't even think to do anything extra with them sanitation-wise. Hmm. I suppose I should think more about that one. I'm not too worried, though.post #266 of 5241/20/13 at 6:20pmpost #267 of 5241/20/13 at 7:03pmpost #268 of 5241/20/13 at 7:14pmpost #269 of 5241/20/13 at 7:40pmpost #270 of 5241/20/13 at 9:21pmpost #271 of 5241/20/13 at 9:39pmIt was probably a lab! Our dog ate an entire kong. Whole. He is insane. I'm constantly on the kids to keep socks and small shoes picked up but...they are kids. No matter how many laundry baskets I pack into this house, their laundry goes on the floor.post #272 of 5241/20/13 at 9:47pmpost #273 of 5241/20/13 at 9:48pmpost #274 of 5241/21/13 at 12:22pm
When I was a vet tech we did lots of surgeries on one particular Vizsla who liked to eat everything. EVERYTHING. FYI, do you have any idea how much dogs love to eat tampons? They love them. A lot. Anyway, back to this Vizsla. The dr found a pair of lacy underwear which had been clogging her system and causing her to projectile vomit. As per the standard routine, she showed the underwear to the owners so that they'd see the culprit for themselves. As she shows them the underwear, the wife visibly blanches, turns to her husband, and says "those aren't my underwear." Yeah. Be careful what you leave around, it might come back to bite you...
We are having a miserable time here. Miserable. KJ is NOT sleeping. She's waking a hundred thousand times at night and is up and ready to go around 5am every single morning. I am not handling this well. Last night she was up and jumping around and playing from 2-4:30 am. At least she'll sleep in, I thought. Right? Ha. She was up for the day before 6am, and so far hasn't napped (it's about 12:30). I'm at a loss.post #275 of 5241/21/13 at 12:26pm
Im so sorry Katie. Sleep troubles are the worst, because you cant just "get over" them and live out the rest of your day/night- it affects everything.
Was it Coralie that had the missing tooth? Bettie has a missing bottom tooth. I believe its the same tooth, even.post #276 of 5241/21/13 at 12:38pm
Katie, I feel for you. There was a time 2 months ago when Eli was up ALL NIGHT LONG> it was terrible. I dreaded going to bed because I knew I was going to be up all night. I couldn't make up the sleep during the day either. I was physically so exhausted :( I actually cried on one of the many times that Eli was up back then. I was bemoaning the fact that Eli is over a year old and sleeping like crap.... Then like magic, after a spell of being sick with a cold, he started sleeping better. I noticed too that if we are out for some time during the day and he gets fresh air he sleeps way better at night ...
My DH is on call for his job, and it means getting phonecalls at 5am for him to go into work at 6:30. Needless to say, the phonecall wakes my DH, myself and of cause, Eli :( takes a while to settle him back to sleep. I was surprised that he slept through the phonecall today. I was grateful :)post #277 of 5241/21/13 at 1:03pmpost #278 of 5241/21/13 at 1:04pm
Thanks you guys. I'm sorry anyone has to deal with the sleep nonsense but it's nice to have support. This is impacting my mental/emotional state pretty severely and it's hard to think positively about anything these days. I'm trying so hard to deal with it but I just feel too awful.post #279 of 5241/21/13 at 1:14pmA few weeks ago we had a really bad period of sleep- to the point where I was starting to become so depressed I was seriously thinking about seeing someone. It's tough. Sleep impacts your whole life and being, it's very hard to go without.
- Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a Guide to Four Great...
- › vaccines are great 17 seconds ago
- › What's the best book you've read this year? 1 minute ago
- › Trust birth? 4 minutes ago
- › February 2014, anyone? 5 minutes ago
- › so over cosleeping! 5 minutes ago
- › step child adjustment 9 minutes ago
- › How to deal with family wanting to be there during the birth?? 9 minutes ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 9 minutes ago
- › 3Yo defiant, independent,needy and demanding 10 minutes ago
- › What do you tell an adopted foster child? 10 minutes ago
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama